PDA

View Full Version : Lets generally discuss day 5

Oldcoot
02-24-2013, 09:00 AM
I don't look forward to day 5 because it usually means another brown antenna or Zzz shield. How bout something like this?
Day 1. Damage elixir
Day 2. Armor elixir
Day 3. 1.25 xp elixir
Day 4. 1.25 combo elixir
Day 5. X3 combo elixir
I think the antenna thing lost its fun when we stopped having to hunt down Sam in some random town and wave.
What you guys think?

Oskitopee
02-24-2013, 09:19 AM
I don't think sts will have guaranteed 3x combos because then ppl would buy less trashers. It should be the same way as now, BUT TAKE OUT ALL THE RIDICULOUS VANITIES!! And work out the kinks. Seriously, the blessings are so glitchy.

Oldcoot
02-24-2013, 09:29 AM
I don't think sts will have guaranteed 3x combos because then ppl would buy less trashers. It should be the same way as now, BUT TAKE OUT ALL THE RIDICULOUS VANITIES!! And work out the kinks. Seriously, the blessings are so glitchy.
I agree but it would give u something to look forward to on day 5

Doodlebeast
02-24-2013, 10:04 AM
They should put vanities in it. Because make it very. Very rare

GirlxGamer
02-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Yes, but they get tedious.

NotYoCookiez
02-24-2013, 11:22 AM
I think day 1-4 should be random damage,exp,armor,or combo

But day 5 should be combos, rare vanities, and a extremely rare vanity... Something that can't be easy to get so people will actually look forward to getting it

cookiez
02-24-2013, 11:53 AM

Yes!

The Happiness
02-24-2013, 11:54 AM
I think day 1-4 should be random damage,exp,armor,or combo

But day 5 should be combos, rare vanities, and a extremely rare vanity... Something that can't be easy to get so people will actually look forward to getting it

Yes I agree with you entirely. Day 5, above all else, should not be a huge, fruitless disappointment. I have a lot of toons...I do not do daily blessings on all of them...maybe about 10-15 of them in the vain hope that one I want to level or farm with gets a combo. I wouldn't really want to see it prescribed as OP suggested as I quite like the random lottery effect...it does add a modicum of excitement, but I agree with Notyocookiez, there should definitely be some uber rare vanity available...like a holo shield or platinum gear like the new Deep Mountain Bundle. Would give people who can't buy platinum a slight chance at receiving something special. I dislike having to liquidate antenna and shields. Also, I think I have said this before, but variety is required. STS need to change the vanities more often. Perhaps continue as they are but make it Day 10 that recieves a special reward. Afterall it is supposed to be an incentive not a turn off!

Oh and please please get rid of xp gaining elixir for capped toons. There really isn't anything more like a slap round the face than capping 3+ toons and getting 1.5 xp elixirs on them all!!

Suentous PO
02-24-2013, 12:28 PM
Or how about elixirs be stashable. They would be tied to your acc (so no trades), and have a short shelf life after which they expire ( so you can't hoard/exploit).
Swap that xp gain from your capped main with a combo from your twink. If you want to prevent another "toon army" farming them situation, then just cap how many per acc (10ish idk).

The Happiness
02-24-2013, 12:32 PM
Or how about elixirs be stashable. They would be tied to your acc (so no trades), and have a short shelf life after which they expire ( so you can't hoard/exploit).
Swap that xp gain from your capped main with a combo from your twink. If you want to prevent another "toon army" farming them situation, then just cap how many per acc (10ish idk).

That would work too. I like the idea of stashable elixirs. Would work for me :)

Oldcoot
02-24-2013, 12:36 PM
Oo-- I like

Fusionstrike
02-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Some good ideas here. I'd just point out that making a "super rare vanity" as a way to make day 5 more exciting just gets us back where we are today, eventually. Once you have the vanity, getting it again becomes a penalty.

STS stated that daily blessings are intended to be an incentive to play. By this reasoning, it should be only elixirs, which are by definition only useful if you play. I don't agree with making a fixed pattern, e.g. Day 1 is always armor, day 2 always damage, etc. however, I do think the odds of the best ones should just get higher each day, culminating in day 5 with the highest chance of 3x combo. This way, you actually get a reward chance for making all 5 days and it's never a penalty (ugh, another best antenna ever??)

If STS really wants to keep the vanities, then day 5 should be always an elixir AND a chance of vanity. That way you always get something useable even if the vanity is a dud.

And I completely agree about the XP elixirs. They should not be in the reward table for capped toons. Having XP elixirs as a reward for capped toons amounts to a penalty for capping (by way of lower chance of getting something actually useful). STS should be doing everything they can to reward cappers, not penalize them, seeing as they're the ones mostly paying the bills via plat.

Oldcoot
02-24-2013, 12:55 PM
I'm very impressed, I hope the devs are reading these good ideas! Keep m coming

TEOKILLO
02-24-2013, 01:02 PM
Since they stopped giving plat i dont even take daily blessings anymore...lol

wammm
02-24-2013, 01:21 PM
They should put vanities in it. Because make it very. Very rare

TRADABLE Vanities is more like it

Dragonrider023
02-24-2013, 01:25 PM
I don't look forward to day 5 because it usually means another brown antenna or Zzz shield. How bout something like this?
Day 1. Damage elixir
Day 2. Armor elixir
Day 3. 1.25 xp elixir
Day 4. 1.25 combo elixir
Day 5. X3 combo elixir
I think the antenna thing lost its fun when we stopped having to hunt down Sam in some random town and wave.
What you guys think?

Hunting down sam is still fun, it just that he dont shown up much.

eliminations
02-24-2013, 01:42 PM
let the vanity stay because new players can use it,

but on the one's they received it dont let them get it again ;)

McBain
02-24-2013, 01:59 PM
I would say just give the damage, xp, and armor elixirs for days 1-4, and then get a guaranteed combo elixir on day 5. It doesn't have to be a 3x, just some guaranteed combo (most likely 1.25x or 1.5x). That would make sure people log in to get to day 5. The vanities are cool, but it has been the same ones for a long time.

NotYoCookiez
02-24-2013, 02:08 PM
Well currently on day 5 you either get a combo or a vanity... Any combo that is if you lucky enough not to get a vanity... Again

Chopper
02-24-2013, 02:47 PM
How about this?

The concern of players - removal of plat blessings and useless vanities taking over Day 5 rewards;
The concern of STS - giving away too much plat, being taken advantage, losing money

Therefore, how about day 5 rewards include a 5 or 10 plat DISCOUNT on one plat purchase for the next 24 hours?
Therefore, the player gets 'plat' in terms of a discount on an item of his/her choice, and STS actually gets more sales by encouraging players to buy plat items (even with the small discount).

McBain
02-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Well currently on day 5 you either get a combo or a vanity... Any combo that is if you lucky enough not to get a vanity... Again

Right. What I'm saying is just give combos on day 5 instead of vanities (or make vanities really rare), and have the other elixirs as gifts for days 1-4. In other words, you can only get a combo on day 5, but you're pretty much guaranteed to get one.

The Happiness
02-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Right. What I'm saying is just give combos on day 5 instead of vanities (or make vanities really rare), and have the other elixirs as gifts for days 1-4. In other words, you can only get a combo on day 5, but you're pretty much guaranteed to get one.

But with no combo available on other days surely ppl will just log in, get blessing, log out on days 1-4? They won't stick around and play the game. If it were me, I would stagger my blessings so that each of mains had a day 5 on consecutive days so I would play one per day. But if you only had one toon surely you would feel like there wasn't much point playing on days 1-4?

Oldcoot
02-24-2013, 03:32 PM
How about this?

The concern of players - removal of plat blessings and useless vanities taking over Day 5 rewards;
The concern of STS - giving away too much plat, being taken advantage, losing money

Therefore, how about day 5 rewards include a 5 or 10 plat DISCOUNT on one plat purchase for the next 24 hours?
Therefore, the player gets 'plat' in terms of a discount on an item of his/her choice, and STS actually gets more sales by encouraging players to buy plat items (even with the small discount).
Well though out, thumbs up

The Happiness
02-24-2013, 03:51 PM
How about this?

Personally can't see how this would work....5 or 10 plat discount of something would not be an incentive to me, a high platinum user, nor can I see it being an incentive to ppl who have zero platinum. 5 or 10 platinum off something that costs, say, 30 platinum if you have none isn't going to help....unless you can stack platinum rewards from toons and club together to buy something which would bring us back to ppl making multiple toons to farm plat.

Brave Sir Robin
02-24-2013, 04:00 PM
How about this?

This is actually a good idea. Here is a slightly different version:

So blessings remain as they are. On day 5 you receive vanity/combo as usual. On top of this, you roll for plat too. However, your winnings are not added directly to your account but they are activated the next time you buy plat. There is no time limit to activate your plat so your winnings accumulate over time. But there is a limit for the plat you can activate with each purchase, e.g. if you buy the 30 plat pack you can redeem up to 10 plat from your winnings, if you buy the 2000 plat pack you can activate up to, say, 200 plat.

This achieves the following:

- Everyone has a motivation to do the blessings.
- Paying customers are rewarded according to their $ contribution to the game.
- You can create armies of toons, but you need to pay to activate your winnings.
- It gives a motivation to non - paying gamers to buy plat so that their winnings are activated. Even if they are not interested in purchasing plat, they can still enjoy the free combos and vanities as usual.

Oldcoot
02-24-2013, 04:05 PM
I think I miss read it, but what if plat itself were a little cheaper on day 5. When I see a sale I usually buy!

Bless
02-24-2013, 04:08 PM
Tis free, optional, incompulsary meaning DONT DO IT IF YOU DONT WANT IT.

Dreuefesie
02-24-2013, 04:16 PM
I am tired of vanities on day five...

Chopper
02-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Personally can't see how this would work....5 or 10 plat discount of something would not be an incentive to me, a high platinum user, nor can I see it being an incentive to ppl who have zero platinum. 5 or 10 platinum off something that costs, say, 30 platinum if you have none isn't going to help....unless you can stack platinum rewards from toons and club together to buy something which would bring us back to ppl making multiple toons to farm plat.

i see your point.

But dont forget that there are smaller elixirs and items that costs 5-10 plat or less. Like mini-elixirs or 30 minute elixirs too. These are good for those players who have no plat.
And 5-10 plat is still a help to any purchase. Or maybe 20% off any plat purchase you make.

All in all, a discount is better than getting more colored antennae that no one wants or LOL shields. ;)

NotYoCookiez
02-24-2013, 05:15 PM

The whole point of it is to attract people to "play and stay" .

So if the people aren't happy it will defeat the whole purpose of it.

Plus we aren't petitioning or anything just giving suggestions.

Oldcoot
02-24-2013, 05:20 PM

The whole point of it is to attract people to "play and stay" .

So if the people aren't happy it will defeat the whole purpose of it.

Plus we aren't petitioning or anything just giving suggestions.
And some very good ones I must say!
Thank you all for your input.

McBain
02-24-2013, 05:39 PM
But with no combo available on other days surely ppl will just log in, get blessing, log out on days 1-4? They won't stick around and play the game. If it were me, I would stagger my blessings so that each of mains had a day 5 on consecutive days so I would play one per day. But if you only had one toon surely you would feel like there wasn't much point playing on days 1-4?

Well, that's pretty much the way it is now though isn't it? I think by putting all the combos on day 5, it'll make folks want to log in more often in order to get to the 5th day. As it stands now, nobody really cares if they get to the 5th day or not.

The Happiness
02-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Well, that's pretty much the way it is now though isn't it? I think by putting all the combos on day 5, it'll make folks want to log in more often in order to get to the 5th day. As it stands now, nobody really cares if they get to the 5th day or not.

No...cos I often get x3 on days 1to 4. I stick around and play on those toons. Get rid of that option and I will log in, get blessing, log out and play another game. If the other game holds my attention I may not be back to play pl again thus defeating the purpose of incentive and reward.