PDA

View Full Version : Unresponsive (aaargh frustrating) skills buttons in quick select book

Darkmantid
04-26-2010, 01:27 AM
Hi guys,

I've noticed a few bugs but this one is frustrating the beejebus out of me and my missus. When you select the skill book (top right of the screen) to select a skill not in your 4 slots. Often I find that the buttons here will begin to stop working. This is very frustrating if your scrambling for revive or something and no matter how precicely you press the button nothing happens (even though you have enough mana and are not moving etc)

To get the spells to work I literally have to on the fly set the desired spell into one of my four slots to make it work!

Anyways this is the big one for me. As if renders all but my 4 skill slot skills uselessn when I'm under pressure.

Bonus bug: a minor gripe is that the numbers filters in the "find game" menu do not have a done option so you can't actually enable the filter??

Thanks fer listening ;) keep on trucking guys this game is very awesome!!

Splurd
04-26-2010, 01:44 AM
Hi guys,

I've noticed a few bugs but this one is frustrating the beejebus out of me and my missus. When you select the skill book (top right of the screen) to select a skill not in your 4 slots. Often I find that the buttons here will begin to stop working. This is very frustrating if your scrambling for revive or something and no matter how precicely you press the button nothing happens (even though you have enough mana and are not moving etc)

To get the spells to work I literally have to on the fly set the desired spell into one of my four slots to make it work!

Anyways this is the big one for me. As if renders all but my 4 skill slot skills uselessn when I'm under pressure.
I dont have such a problem. Maybe its a combination of lag or fat fingers?

Bonus bug: a minor gripe is that the numbers filters in the "find game" menu do not have a done option so you can't actually enable the filter??

Thanks fer listening ;) keep on trucking guys this game is very awesome!!
This will be fixed in the an upcoming update, the developers already know about it. :p

Darkmantid
04-26-2010, 03:21 AM
Dunno me and my wife have pretty slender fingers and it happens on both our phones.

What ping count would you consider laggy?

Splurd
04-26-2010, 04:08 AM
Dunno me and my wife have pretty slender fingers and it happens on both our phones.

What ping count would you consider laggy?

300 is fine for me, 600 is alittle jerky, and over that you will experience delays.

Also depends on what phone you're using maybe? iPhone 2g? 3G? 3gs? iPad(ok not iPad, else you wont have this problem lol)

EddyBumba
04-26-2010, 04:31 AM
I get the same at times and put it down to me/us just being quicker than the UI and giving it half a millisecond and a more paced press seemed to help.

Sayishere
04-26-2010, 06:30 AM
i have the exact same problem and its annoying me and causes most my deaths at the moment. my fingers are not fat, im not sure what it is, even when theres no lag sometimes the button wont press, i dunno what it is, i make sure to press it in a way that should make it activate but it doesnt work, most of the times i have to press it slow to make it work but under pressure this is very hard to do and can lead to a death, if theres something you can do about this devs i would appreciate, if not put more skill slot buttons on the screen! because 4 isnt enough right now

Aegis
04-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Same problem

setec
04-26-2010, 10:20 AM
Same problem, thought it was just me.

Odvar
04-26-2010, 10:32 AM
happens to me on wifi at sub 100ms

Pixxie
04-26-2010, 10:48 AM
i have the exact same problem and its annoying me and causes most my deaths at the moment. my fingers are not fat, im not sure what it is, even when theres no lag sometimes the button wont press, i dunno what it is, i make sure to press it in a way that should make it activate but it doesnt work, most of the times i have to press it slow to make it work but under pressure this is very hard to do and can lead to a death, if theres something you can do about this devs i would appreciate, if not put more skill slot buttons on the screen! because 4 isnt enough right now

I love that you clarify. "my fingers are not fat..."

Endless
04-26-2010, 12:40 PM
I've had it happen to me before too. Not very often but enough to make you wonder if it's time to put the fingers on a diet... :p

Sayishere
04-26-2010, 03:40 PM
I love that you clarify. "my fingers are not fat..."

:p only reason i say that is because someone said that fat fingers caused the problem :p

have to put my fingers on a diet and vigorous exercises me thinks!

nerdherd
04-26-2010, 06:31 PM
I've been noticing that the skill buttons don't respond well at all in the last few days. Sometimes they work great, sometimes they work after a bit of a delay, and sometimes they don't respond at all.

Splurd
04-26-2010, 07:58 PM
:p only reason i say that is because someone said that fat fingers caused the problem :p

have to put my fingers on a diet and vigorous exercises me thinks!

Well its more of how you tap.

See, some people use the edge of their finger, or their tip. Minimal contact, more accurate.
Some people just smash their whole thumb like they are going for a fingerprint scan. Nooooooot very accurate.

Sayishere
04-27-2010, 05:10 AM
Well its more of how you tap.

See, some people use the edge of their finger, or their tip. Minimal contact, more accurate.
Some people just smash their whole thumb like they are going for a fingerprint scan. Nooooooot very accurate.

yea your right, i use my tip of the finger and have had alot more success but i think it might be due to lag when sometimes it doesnt register

Jakis
04-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Your fingers don't need to go on a diet.
This is a known issue, and we're going to be addressing it very soon. Futmush can give you a much better technical explanation, but this happens when the button press event is waiting on a response from the server. In laggy conditions, this can take a moment. We can't change your lag, but the fix will involve giving you feedback that the game knows you've pressed the button- (some kind of waiting indicator)- so you don't keep pressing the button like I do. ;)

Sayishere
04-27-2010, 12:25 PM
This is a known issue, and we're going to be addressing it very soon. Futmush can give you a much better technical explanation, but this happens when the button press event is waiting on a response from the server. In laggy conditions, this can take a moment. We can't change your lag, but the fix will involve giving you feedback that the game knows you've pressed the button- (some kind of waiting indicator)- so you don't keep pressing the button like I do. ;)

aww i wanted to buy mini dumb bells for my fingers :P

Pixxie
04-28-2010, 05:05 AM

That is a fantastic fix. Bravo!

Futumsh
04-28-2010, 08:15 AM
Well, actually there are 2 different issues - one is that there isn't visual feedback when you're trying to do an action, as Jakis mentioned above, and the other is the overlay closing without doing anything when you tap slightly outside a button (and yes, I have fat fingers, so this part annoys me).

Dealing with both of these things is on the list, but all a matter of priorities. For the moment, getting secure trade ready and polished for the next submission trumps it for me.