PDA

View Full Version : AO3 release date postponed?

KingFu
09-29-2010, 12:15 AM
I just thoroughly read the update list, and I recall it saying "later this week" but the update that was on monday (yesterday) says ao3 will be released NEXT week?!

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/6650a91d.png

It DID say "later this week" because I quoted it word for word in my signature AND asommers post said it as well, but it was edited to say NEXT week!

Link:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?8678-1.4.1-Content-Update-(50742)

RedRyder
09-29-2010, 12:17 AM
I just though the same thing.... In my head I thought "w...t...f"

KingFu
09-29-2010, 12:19 AM
The date on the update list says the 27th as well, Nd texas is 3 hours ahead of me so it couldn't have been the time, since it was on a Monday afternoon there >.<

Royce
09-29-2010, 12:22 AM
Hmmmm... I wonder if maybe those in-game notes were written last week?

KingFu
09-29-2010, 12:27 AM
Hmmmm... I wonder if maybe those in-game notes were written last week?

No, because on Monday it said "later this week" and so did asommers post, but they were both edited. I know because I quoted it word for word in my sig.

Raxie
09-29-2010, 12:47 AM
disappointment...

setec
09-29-2010, 12:50 AM
I had some guy in game tonight trying to convince me that AO3 would cost 120p

KingFu
09-29-2010, 01:00 AM
I had some guy in game tonight trying to convince me that AO3 would cost 120p

Hmm, that makes sense, about a 15 dollar campaign. ;)

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/therealdavid/d46a0f8f.png

Hotndots
09-29-2010, 01:16 AM
I just discussed this with Nat. She did her update and read it aloud; I said no, it says later this week..not next week. Then she showed me and I was convinced that they edited it. :(

KingFu
09-29-2010, 01:29 AM
Sadly, I think it will be next week :(

gizerbeam
09-29-2010, 01:41 AM
Harhar now I can pawn off all my 45 gear.

jonboy
09-29-2010, 02:13 AM
If it did say later this week and they edited it, that's not a nice thing to do to your clients.

Edit: hrmmmm.
1.4.1 Content Update (50742)
Internal server updates in preparation for Alien Oasis 3's release next week
Last edited by asommers; Today at 02:57 AM.

Arterra
09-29-2010, 05:50 AM
this actually pleases me as it gives me time to get my bear ready. it's just hard to get those last ll levels with no real plan in mind...

vulgarstrike
09-29-2010, 06:10 AM
justG announced to me in word on forums that he would release within a month from 8-30. releasing next week would be a giant disappointment. one thing I always liked about spacetime was that they were a small company that usually held to promises.

KingFu
09-29-2010, 06:13 AM
justG announced to me in word on forums that he would release within a month from 8-30. releasing next week would be a giant disappointment. one thing I always liked about spacetime was that they were a small company that usually held to promises.

Agreed, but we don't know what happened if anything. It could be apples fault even. You never know.

vulgarstrike
09-29-2010, 06:26 AM
Agreed, but we don't know what happened if anything. It could be apples fault even. You never know.

there is no mention of a apple update though

Gaabob
09-29-2010, 06:26 AM
What the fudge.... How annoying can it get. And how much longer can devs postpone this?

Trollpackan
09-29-2010, 06:41 AM
Why is everyone so angry and dissapointed about this? I'm sure the devs are working their asses off to get us the updates we are waiting for. It will not help to shout out the dissapointment and so on. It's not like we've bought an expensive game and pay a monthly fee to play this game. They get their salary from our plat buys and honestly I haven't bought that much yet, so I don't think they get a **** load of money here.

Remember that in the end it's still a small developer trying to give us a great game, which they have succeded in. You should give them some cred instead!!
Well that's my opinion anyway...

Mala
09-29-2010, 06:51 AM
Postponed by ONE week. I think I just might slit my wrists (sarcasm). Seriously, its not a big deal. You act as if they edited to say two weeks or even a month. Time flies, be patient. I rather have my moneys worth rather than a faulty product. You guys act like kids.. Oh... wait...

KingFu
09-29-2010, 06:53 AM
We appreciate the devs work and all they've done, if we didn't, why would we be here?;) of course we are gonna be disappointed, not in the devs, but in the incident. :)

Postponed by ONE week. I think I just might slit my wrists (sarcasm). Seriously, its not a big deal. You act as if they edited to say two weeks or even a month. Time flies, be patient. I rather have my moneys worth rather than a faulty product. You guys act like kids.. Oh... wait...

Mala, we are all anxious about AO3, you don't need to blow up and act so immaturely, yet you say we are. We all are excited for ao3, and are a little disappointed that it's set back a week by the looks of it. You don't need to come on here and flame all of us. I think it's funny how people call others a "kid" as an insult, because IMO, insulting someone by calling them a kid is immature. Just my opinion.

Mala
09-29-2010, 07:03 AM
Trust me, I didnt blow up or act immature in anyway... Im just simply trying to get all of you to realize how immature and ridiculous your concern and disappointment is.

KingFu
09-29-2010, 07:06 AM
Trust me, I didnt blow up or act immature in anyway... Im just simply trying to get all of you to realize how immature and ridiculous your concern and disappointment is.

OK, well I in no way see how its immature, it would be immature if we were blowing up at the devs, and whining to them, but we aren't, and how is it ridiculous? Of course we will be concerned about it, since a ton of us are anxious and excited for it. I don't see your point of view, or how your posts are necessary but we can agree to disagree. :)

Hotndots
09-29-2010, 07:12 AM
Mala needs his naptime..

We arent furious with the devs, good lord. We are only a little dissapointed. I'm fine with it coming out next week, I just felt confused when they edited the release date without any mention of doing so, lol. It completely threw me off. Yes, we can wait a week for an awesome campaign, just understand that we have waited a long time and its ok for people to express their dissapointment without being attacked.

KingFu
09-29-2010, 07:14 AM
Mala needs his naptime..

We arent furious with the devs, good lord. We are only a little dissapointed. I'm fine with it coming out next week, I just felt confused when they edited the release date without any mention of doing so, lol. It completely through me off. Yes, we can wait a week for an awesome campaigne, just understand that we have waited a long time and its ok for people to express their dissapointment without being attacked.

Well said, I personally don't see his point of view on the matter but whatev:)

Trollpackan
09-29-2010, 07:24 AM
Mala needs his naptime..

We arent furious with the devs, good lord. We are only a little dissapointed. I'm fine with it coming out next week, I just felt confused when they edited the release date without any mention of doing so, lol. It completely through me off. Yes, we can wait a week for an awesome campaigne, just understand that we have waited a long time and its ok for people to express their dissapointment without being attacked.

Yes, people are entitled to express which ever feeling they want, but there's like five different threads about the dissapointment... but nuf said. Please continue until release. ;) I just thought that the devs could need some cheers as well as they are most certain stressed about this whole thing.

I personally will throw a parade in my hometown for Spacetime Studios in the meanwhile... :D

Royce
09-29-2010, 08:48 AM
Guys obviously the noobs are not going to understand the frustration of long time players who saw the cap raise many times in a timely manner, only to sit at 45 for what is now approaching forever. I honestly don't care that much about a 1 week delay. However, I cant blame anyone who is upset.

KingFu
09-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Guys obviously the noobs are not going to understand the frustration of long time players who saw the cap raise many times in a timely manner, only to sit at 45 for what is now approaching forever. I honestly don't care that much about a 1 week delay. However, I cant blame anyone who is upset.

Very true Royce. I'm cool with waiting a week, but after this long wait, a week seems far away. It's gonna be a long week though;). When I'm thinking it'll be here next week, I'm thinking like Friday of next week, but hopefully it's early:)

Also, hopefully I can hit 50 and farm a good amount before I fly to Houston the following week. I wanna go to the Spacetime headquarters but I can't :p :(

BeardedBear
09-29-2010, 09:01 AM
Guys and gals - frustrated or disappointed, the devs will not release a product that isn't finished. Would you rather them release AO3 this week full of bugs and incomplete? I'm sure they want to be done with it too, after all, it will fatten there pockets.

We are all excited and I'm sure it will be worth the wait, hold on to your damn horses.

KingFu
09-29-2010, 09:10 AM
I know Bearded, and I understand what your saying, but I think the fact that us oldies are used to new expansions coming out a month later :) just kinda a long wait. I know when it comes out well all be happy, thanking the devs, and hitting up farming :)

Mala
09-29-2010, 09:10 AM

First of all, I am not a noob. Been playing since late May. Second of all, this game isnt hard to figure out at all. Nothing is too complex. It takes three weeks tops to become a seasoned player anyway. Unless you powerlevelled. Dont make an assumption off of mine or anyone elses post count. Just because a person doesnt have 2,000 post counts doesnt mean they havent been playing the game for long. Thats a ridiculous assumption. I know tons of great players who read forums but dont even have a login for the forums.

KingFu
09-29-2010, 09:13 AM
First of all, I am not a noob. Been playing since late May. Second of all, this game isnt hard to figure out at all. Nothing is too complex. It takes three weeks tops to become a seasoned player anyway. Unless you powerlevelled. Dont make an assumption off of mine or anyone elses post count. Just because a person doesnt have 2,000 post counts doesnt mean they havent been playing the game for long. Thats a ridiculous assumption. I know tons of great players who read forums but dont even have a login for the forums.

When did say anything about post count? Maybe your posts themselves made you sound like a noob:)

Moral of the day kids: Don't argue with Royce, he knows all, and has back up;)

Royce
09-29-2010, 09:22 AM

Well said, I apologize for my incorrect assumption (though it wasn't based on your join date alone, also the fact that I don't know you in game, and know most old schoolers). However, I would still assert that this delay was handled terribly by STS. As I said, I don't care about it really, but the fact is they kinda messed up. People have been anticipating AO3 for a very long time. An update came out, the only notes for which stated that it was a patch in preparation for AO3 later this week. I really can't believe they posted a date without being sure about it. We know STS knows the dangers of posting dates, and not holding to them (just see the July roadmap thread). They really just should have said "for AO3, to be released soon". They must have known people would start scheduling their entire week around this anticipated release, and get all excited about it, only to be crushed when the much anticipated release was bumped back. Even after that, it would have been nice if they could have posted a note about the delay, saying things are taking a bit longer to get just right than they had planned. Instead they surreptitiously just edited the notes as if maybe they could pretend they had always meant next week. Seriously bad form if you ask me...

Also, Mala you're the one who came to this thread trolling, telling people they act like kids, when a sensible evaluation of the situation shows that people have every right to be upset, so maybe don't take so much offense at people retaliating to something you started ;)

KingFu
09-29-2010, 09:24 AM
Ya! I started a calendar next to my bed with a count down and I rip off a page a day!! Now ill have to make a new one;)

Mala
09-29-2010, 09:26 AM
When did say anything about post count? Maybe your posts themselves made you sound like a noob:)

Ok, think about what you wrote. Let it sit in your head a little.

Explain to me how any of my posts would indicate I am a noob?
If noobs dont understand seasoned players frustration about AO3 then why are "noobs" also posting and complaining in game about it. So, obviously noobs cant be targeted about not understanding why some are angry.

KingFu
09-29-2010, 09:28 AM
Ok, think about what you wrote. Let it sit in your head a little.

Explain to me how any of my posts would indicate I am a noob?
If noobs dont understand seasoned players frustration about AO3 then why are "noobs" also posting and complaining in game about it. So, obviously noobs cant be targeted about not understanding why some are angry.

I was JK dude hence the ";)"

Edit:

Dang, I put a smiley face. Meant to put a wink. Hehe

Trollpackan
09-29-2010, 09:30 AM

I'm with you here Mala.

And how come that my post, that are only trying to spread a little love, turns into this?

Are the noobs, as my self, to weak minded to understand the concept of frustration? Flash news, PL isn't everything in life, and many things in the real world makes you frustrated. But to keep within the gaming range, I have been waiting for Gran Turismo 5 for...years. Yes of course that is frustrating, but that doesn't mean I have to post that on forums.

But as we've said before, everyone can express themselves however they like. Mine is love. Thanks Spacetime Studios, for making my day brighter!

Trollpackan
09-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Damn, a lot of post while I was writing mine... :) Well well.

Royce
09-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Are the noobs, as my self, to weak minded to understand the concept of frustration?

No, it's really a pretty simple concept. A noob hasn't been playing long enough to have a chance to get frustrated with the cap, and wouldn't even realize that it has been here for like three times (or more?) as long as any previous cap. It's crazy to think AO2 came out in June. The cap had previously raised about once a month. Anyway, I realize a lot has been done with the game during that period. I was only trying to make a point that I don't think this was handled very well, and the fact that some players are upset is understandable. I am now done with this thread though :D

KingFu
09-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Aww, when Royce posts on my threads I feel special;)

Lol, but ya, I have had a good ammount of friends take a break since they are tired of it. That's part of the reason I'm anxious for ao3 is to see some of my friends when/if they come back!

Trollpackan
09-29-2010, 09:54 AM
I totally understand that players are upset, but the point was that I think possitive words sometimes can get you more than negative, yes it's true!! :) But ok, we'll not get anywhere with this anyway.

Let's get back to the game and The awsome AO3 will be out when the world is ready for it! Yay! :)

Peace my friends!

KingFu
09-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Trollpackan, you seem like you have a very bubbly personality lol. ;)

Chickdigcookies
09-29-2010, 10:00 AM
guys i just had a double whopper with bacon, onion rings, and orange juice for breakfast...

is that badass or what?

and oh, yeah, i can wait one more week. itll be worth it.

KingFu
09-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Dude, that sounds gooodddd lol, I had a banana, and yogurt :D boring :(

Trollpackan
09-29-2010, 10:11 AM
Trollpackan, you seem like you have a very bubbly personality lol. ;)

Hmm, not sure what bubbly means, beeing swedish and all, but it doesn't sound that bad so...yeah! :)

TwinkTastical
09-29-2010, 10:47 AM
We've been mind #$^%###% bye devs! it better cost 10 plat, ive been saving it for weeks, if it costs more.... im gonna explode and my ipad is going through a window in Texas!!!

pooop
09-29-2010, 10:48 AM
5$ says the devs couldnt hold their sarcasm inside.. edited the notes to rile everyone up, and release ao3 today :p

KingFu
09-29-2010, 10:50 AM
5$ says the devs couldnt hold their sarcasm inside.. edited the notes to rile everyone up, and release ao3 today :p

I'll take that bet. Hehe. Someones getting 5 bucks! -points at myself-;)

Furrawn
09-29-2010, 11:59 AM
I saw where it suddenly said "next week" and thought I'd dreamed AO3 was coming out this week... Then, I saw Mystic's thread:)

It's fine if the devs need more time to get things perfect... Who knows what roadblocks they might have run into...including maybe Apple... I don't mind waiting another week at all... But, I agree with Royce that someone should have informed us about it rather than just changing the word "this" to "next" in the update salad:(

Cascade
09-29-2010, 12:44 PM
I can wait another week....as I've said before I would rather have an update that takes longer to come out and has aton of epic stuff than an update that comes out fast with minor stuff. :)

Azrael
09-29-2010, 12:52 PM
I dont know where the rumors about Ao3 costing 15 bucks are coming from... but that would not be cool.

Furrawn
09-29-2010, 01:24 PM
I dont know where the rumors about Ao3 costing 15 bucks are coming from... but that would not be cool.

$15? Are you serious?

Surely not...The devs wouldn't do that... It has to be an evil rumor... Or maybe they are just going to charge a few more plat & the story got all urban-legendized...

jonboy
09-29-2010, 04:52 PM
We are all happy to wait (kind of) it was the let's not mention anything and just change the text, that's what upset me, its about as kosher as a pork chop.

RedRyder
09-29-2010, 10:29 PM
$15? Are you serious?

Surely not...The devs wouldn't do that... It has to be an evil rumor... Or maybe they are just going to charge a few more plat & the story got all urban-legendized...

Lol I'm pretty sure we'd all still buy it. And I'm pretty sure we won't be getting ao3 till next week since the devs have not confirmed or denied any of this. They wouldve posted in this thread amiright?

Gaabob
09-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Based on how justG said "IN !" to the waiting for ao3 thread I can conclude one of the following:

A. One of the devs is behind on getting their stuff in for the release

B. STS is having internal issues

C. They are just slow and justG wastes time on forums when he should be programming(jkjk)

D. Servers are being crappy

E. They ordered some sort of equipment(new servers or something) that is behind schedual.

F. Umm they gave some update( maybe) to apple and apple is being shloow

G. They found some uber big complex bug last minute that they need to fix(and justG hasn't anything to do with that area).

Meh half based on justGs "IN !". If he's just being justG, and random awesomeness that in might have nothing to do with it. Just my conjectures(right word?)

jonboy
09-29-2010, 10:45 PM
E or G absolutely they are professionals.

Furrawn
09-30-2010, 12:20 AM
Lol I'm pretty sure we'd all still buy it. And I'm pretty sure we won't be getting ao3 till next week since the devs have not confirmed or denied any of this. They wouldve posted in this thread amiright?

Yeah... We'd still buy it:)
Maybe not at $15 but def at $5....
It looks amazing... I'm excited and willing to wait...
It's like Christmas:)

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Mystical look at the link

Asommers edited it haha :) lol

KingFu
09-30-2010, 04:26 AM
Mystical look at the link

Asommers edited it haha :) lol

Ya? I said he edited it. It used to say "later this week" along with the news post. Now it says "next week"