PDA

View Full Version : How to be a successful Forum Member!

Kazillo
02-24-2013, 12:06 PM
Now I know I am not Vystirch or Samhayne when it comes to forums success and reputation but from what I've seen, there are some ways of getting a little but more well known. Ways to get your forum posts more views. Now this isn't going to boost your reputation or anything in an instant but it will help you and forums posts get more well known.

My strategy is to come up with a subject or topic that people want to express their opinions about or want to hear other members opinions on. Something that will get people attention! It also must be something original.

Sorry I've run out of time to finish this thread right now.

Please add your strategies to being a successful forum member in the reply section below!

Commanderkeen
02-24-2013, 01:37 PM
Being loud and posting in every thread doesn't make you a successful forum member.

Vystirch
02-24-2013, 01:39 PM
Being loud and posting in every thread doesn't make you a successful forum member.

No it doesn't, being helpful is the main thing, I have avoided the CTF/PVP section for a long time because it is such a hard place to state an opinion....

LwMark
02-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Make hundreds/thousands of guides

Commanderkeen
02-24-2013, 01:46 PM
Make hundreds/thousands of guides

Or just one and farm the heck out of it.

itsmagic
02-24-2013, 02:04 PM
Yeah that,
Or get married on the forum.
U will become a celeb!

Kazillo
02-24-2013, 02:04 PM
Get involved with major threads and be involved with the forums in general.

Urqui
02-24-2013, 02:06 PM
I'll take your guy's advice.:)

Commanderkeen
02-24-2013, 02:25 PM
I'll take your guy's advice.:)

Cause your rep is so bad you could need some advice.

Urqui
02-24-2013, 02:29 PM
=/
I didn't mean it like that... I have couple infractions and don't plan on getting banned.:torn:

razerfingers
02-24-2013, 02:38 PM
IB4L gg

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Commanderkeen
02-24-2013, 02:39 PM
=/
I didn't mean it like that... I have couple infractions and don't plan on getting banned.:torn:

We need a sarcastic emote.

Vystirch
02-24-2013, 02:56 PM
Yeah that,
U will become a celeb!

Hmmmm, wonder where that idea came from?.....

Get involved with major threads and be involved with the forums in general.

Make sure you respect other people's beliefs but state your own.

=/

Good idea to hold back for awhile and make a plan.

MightyMicah
02-24-2013, 03:13 PM
The best tip for being a successful forum member is just being yourself. And just be smart. Post when you have something you feel is worth sharing. Don't post if you don't. If your post is going to tear someone down, don't post. If your post is humorous, be sure it's the right thread. Some people don't want humor on their thread, just serious discussion. Others don't mind. A little common sense and respect goes a long way. Lastly, forget about being a successful member! What is success anyways? A high rep bar? I don't think so. Everyone I know with a high rep bar wishes rep could be removed.

In other words, just use the brain God gave you, and treat everyone as you want to be treated, as God commanded. :)

-MM

Bless
02-24-2013, 03:57 PM
Looking for success in foruming is the first step to being "unsuccessful". Dont be a ridiculously geeky, kind guy whos equipping a facade to get rep points, be yourself is my advice to being a "recognised" forumer.

Mysticaleagle
02-24-2013, 04:09 PM

This.

In any case, like most of the people said here, just be yourself. Don't try to be someone else. I mean, like in real life..

mafiainc42
02-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Now I know I am not Vystirch or Samhayne when it comes to forums success and reputation but from what I've seen, there are some ways of getting a little but more well known. Ways to get your forum posts more views. Now this isn't going to boost your reputation or anything in an instant but it will help you and forums posts get more well known.

My strategy is to come up with a subject or topic that people want to express their opinions about or want to hear other members opinions on. Something that will get people attention! It also must be something original.

Sorry I've run out of time to finish this thread right now.

Please add your strategies to being a successful forum member in the reply section below!

being sucessful on the forums is like being a desk jocky in the military.... catch my drift!!

LwMark
02-24-2013, 04:17 PM
=/

I have 3 infraction :(

Mysticaleagle
02-24-2013, 04:25 PM
The best tip for being a successful forum member is just being yourself. And just be smart. Post when you have something you feel is worth sharing. Don't post if you don't. If your post is going to tear someone down, don't post. If your post is humorous, be sure it's the right thread. Some people don't want humor on their thread, just serious discussion. Others don't mind. A little common sense and respect goes a long way. Lastly, forget about being a successful member! What is success anyways? A high rep bar? I don't think so. Everyone I know with a high rep bar wishes rep could be removed.

In other words, just use the brain God gave you, and treat everyone as you want to be treated, as God commanded. :)

-MM

Just saw this post. Didn't take the time to read the whole thread, but I stand still on this one. This post, is what WILL make you a ''good'' forum member.

Reputation bars? Thanks? Nah.

Kazillo
02-24-2013, 05:23 PM
I have 3 infraction :(
I have one.

Tilax
02-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Space Monkeys

Mysticaleagle
02-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Space Monkeys

Tilax, I have absolutely nothing against you, but creating multiple forum accounts to 'thank' yourself, won't help you to have success either good reputation here. Reputation bars doesn't mean anything, neither 'thanks'.

Jessicazx
02-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Dooble post. My bad.

Jessicazx
02-24-2013, 07:53 PM

Hahaha! <3

Looking for success in foruming is the first step to being "unsuccessful".

^^^ :banana:

MightyMicah
02-25-2013, 08:11 AM
Just saw this post. Didn't take the time to read the whole thread, but I stand still on this one. This post, is what WILL make you a ''good'' forum member.

Reputation bars? Thanks? Nah.

Patricks
02-25-2013, 08:33 AM
Go in game and look at the names on the leaderboards. Then use one of those names as your forum name.

Mysticaleagle
02-25-2013, 08:39 AM
Go in game and look at the names on the leaderboards. Then use one of those names as your forum name.

I disagree with that if you were serious. :/

nicoB
02-25-2013, 09:04 AM
maybe just posting helpful stuff instead of simply reading everything. but im far from succesful, just look at my join date compared to my posts ... therefor im not well know when i actually should be. a bit too lazy for all the posting, i dont even have a sig

Spyce
02-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Stand out in a crowd?

Bless
02-25-2013, 10:54 AM

I disagree with that if you were serious. :/ hes kidding

Chaim Nail
02-25-2013, 02:08 PM
In any case, like most of the people said here, just be yourself. Don't try to be someone else. I mean, like in real life..

How surreal, in real life I actually am a 10 foot tall warrior who walks around slaying my enemies with a humungous 6 foot sword and I make Arnold Schwarzenegger (when he was as his prime in the 80s) look like a small boy wearing a He-Man costume.

:D

Raxin
02-25-2013, 02:32 PM

I disagree with that if you were serious. :/ hes kidding
Its been working wonders for me ;-)