PDA

View Full Version : Maybe A Little More Easier?

Mysticaleagle
02-25-2013, 08:21 AM
Yes, the new Elites.

Yes, you need a good team, with the best gear, good strategy etc, to make it fast.

Well, you don't always find these people? No?

1 hour and 45 minutes, last kraken map Elite. Greens? Junk items? Really?

Then, 1 hour 15 minutes and right before the boss, everyone left of boredom. I was alone, but what, elixir wasted? 500+ potions wasted? Yep.

Come on, don't you think Elite Kraken are a bit too Elite? Especially when you farm ALL DAY for hours non stop to receive only greens or useless purples?

I don't expect anything. I'm just voicing my opinion. I know many will disagree. But it's fine, I respect all opinions.

Maybe a little easier next time?

Sincerely,
-Myst

Mysticaleagle
02-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Did 4 runs, 15 minutes+ each, still nothing. (not the last map ofc)

It hurts. ;(

X29798
02-25-2013, 09:02 AM
I support a little more easier elite, just not too easy like before.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Mysticaleagle
02-25-2013, 09:05 AM
I support a little more easier elite, just not too easy like before.

Indeed. I like how they made it harder. But, it's a bit too elite on a side.

I don't like how they also made Tombs harder, with less EXP and Kills if it's not a bug, or issue.

X29798
02-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Had heaps of people drop out when the boss has low health. Trying to kill the boss with one warrior is impossible . It is more frustrating then challenging since, I don't have the time for reruns.

Bless
02-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Leave the difficulty, UP THE PINK CHANCES

Mysticaleagle
02-25-2013, 11:08 AM

Thiss!

abekrivy
02-25-2013, 11:22 AM

That might get me interested in playing again.

wvhills
02-25-2013, 11:28 AM
just buy damage and armor elixirs.

Mysticaleagle
02-25-2013, 11:29 AM
just buy damage and armor elixirs.

Already wasted so many platinums. Don't think I will again, especially when i'm conscious about it.

Carapace
02-25-2013, 11:43 AM
we are keeping an eye on elites in this context, and presently it is too soon to make a call on dealing with any issues here. It's only been a few days, and players are devising clever builds and play styles to cater to the new difficulty effectively, as well as acquiring new elite gear which should help as well. We are noting the times it takes to complete the content however, and are aware of drops rates and things of that nature. I would not expect any sudden changes to happen, but want you to know that we are watching and reading threads like these and discussing them actively at the office.

SouLBlizzard
02-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Find it very difficult even to kill just 1 mob in kraken isle which for me 1 mob in kraken isle seem like having the same hp with elite jarl.But its probably just our gear is not good enough though.Most of the random team I joined,they still using L21 gear because the higher gear are overprice.So anyone who can do or farm in elite map should be proud.Its not an easy thing to do anymore.

Mysticaleagle
02-25-2013, 12:24 PM
we are keeping an eye on elites in this context, and presently it is too soon to make a call on dealing with any issues here. It's only been a few days, and players are devising clever builds and play styles to cater to the new difficulty effectively, as well as acquiring new elite gear which should help as well. We are noting the times it takes to complete the content however, and are aware of drops rates and things of that nature. I would not expect any sudden changes to happen, but want you to know that we are watching and reading threads like these and discussing them actively at the office.

I agree, but,

I see many people farming, and getting rare items such as Mythic helmets, or Arcane weapon. Other gets items 500k - 1 million. 75% of the time, it's the SAME players who sells them.

I don't know what's up with your luck system in this game, but after farming for days and only receiving worthless greens, I feel like it's pointless for me to even take the time to farm, and waste my stuff and time in that.

Same thing for when I wasted 1000 platinum, and didn't even see that HammerJaw egg.

I just feel like luck is NOT in my account.

Vystirch
02-25-2013, 12:39 PM
I agree, but,

I see many people farming, and getting rare items such as Mythic helmets, or Arcane weapon. Other gets items 500k - 1 million. 75% of the time, it's the SAME players who sells them.

I don't know what's up with your luck system in this game, but after farming for days and only receiving worthless greens, I feel like it's pointless for me to even take the time to farm, and waste my stuff and time in that.

Same thing for when I wasted 1000 platinum, and didn't even see that HammerJaw egg.

I like the current set up. The rarity of the items and the hardness of the lvls makes me as a more serious hammer actually want to play the game. Now as to the same person selling stuff this is true, but it isn't droppable items they are selling these are all items from the locked crates so far..... It's too soon to call as cara said but I foresee this as being a good choice by them.....

wvhills
02-25-2013, 01:09 PM
I agree, but,

The drop rates are the same for everyone. If u see the same person/people listing arcane and mythic items in auction it's because either 1) their item isn't selling and they are relisting it or 2) they are merchants and are buying up the arcane/mythic items then listing them at higher prices.

Fyrce
02-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Befriend all the people who finish. There are players who finish and players who do not...

CosmoxKramer
02-25-2013, 02:44 PM
i see 1 of two options for Elites

1) Lower the HP 50%+ as 2 hours to complete changes this from a mobile game to a full fledged MMO (which it is not supposed to be that). Other full MMOs that have dungeons that require 1-2 hours of work give guaranteed drops if you kill the boss.
2) Guaranteed a Pink + a random item/chest drop as well in the Top end Elite dungeons. That way 2 hours + pots + elixirs are not wasted.

The new Elites are challenging enough to have large packs that can overwhelm and kill you if you don't lock some mobs down with strategy. So, taking 30s to kill 1 on 1 is too long. I think lowering the HP of trash mobs will make the elites a little more desirable as half the time you lose a group before you get to the boss...

MrFoster
02-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Stop crying -.- Elite supose to be hard ( now elite hard like before when lvl cap was 16 :)). Good job sts.

Mysticaleagle
02-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Stop crying -.- Elite supose to be hard ( now elite hard like before when lvl cap was 16 :)). Good job sts.

Crying? Where?

Energizeric
02-25-2013, 04:03 PM
I'd suggest lowering the health points of the mobs, but leave the boss the same. The boss should continue to be very hard, but it's crazy that it can take an hour to reach the boss.

Mysticaleagle
02-25-2013, 04:17 PM
I'd suggest lowering the health points of the mobs, but leave the boss the same. The boss should continue to be very hard, but it's crazy that it can take an hour to reach the boss.

This.

Heiki
02-26-2013, 12:14 AM
The whole gameplay of Arcane Legends (and all Legends game) is centered around short playtimes. Make elites longer and I predict some issues in retaining player base.

I'm not playing AL to have the same experience as a WoW raid with worth chance at loot. I'm playing because it's a fun way to pass time when i'm commuting or have some free time here and there.

Make running elites a 2hour ordeal and i'm out as I cannot acquire decent gear, everything that comes out of Crates is worthless junk and i'm not rich enough to buy off the CS.

You are building casual MMOs on mobile platforms, not AAA PC titles, why would you want to switch the gameplay to hardcore halfway through ?

Asaka
02-26-2013, 07:03 AM
The whole gameplay of Arcane Legends (and all Legends game) is centered around short playtimes. Make elites longer and I predict some issues in retaining player base.

I'm not playing AL to have the same experience as a WoW raid with worth chance at loot. I'm playing because it's a fun way to pass time when i'm commuting or have some free time here and there.

Make running elites a 2hour ordeal and i'm out as I cannot acquire decent gear, everything that comes out of Crates is worthless junk and i'm not rich enough to buy off the CS.

You are building casual MMOs on mobile platforms, not AAA PC titles, why would you want to switch the gameplay to hardcore halfway through ?

I agree completely, its all well and good for all you hardcore AL players but mobile games are casual games and the player base is bound to drop off.

Great work STS but it needs to be turned down a notch before people give up.

Genuinous
02-26-2013, 07:53 AM
Nobody is making you do long elite runs. You don't have to do the last elite map if you dont like it. It's there to be a challenge for players, who are really up for it.

Jarl you can run easily in 2-3 minutes, same goes for Reef when you're farming it. So you can still get elite items, without having to play for hours and hours.

Yes, if you wanna beat the last map, you'll have to take your time, but if you're just a casual player, you can still enjoy quick elite runs :)

X29798
02-26-2013, 01:23 PM
Reef elite is bugged, they will fix and make the times much longer. Boss isn't meant to be there until you kill most of the mob.

Mysticaleagle
02-26-2013, 01:24 PM
Reef elite is bugged, they will fix and make the times much longer. Boss isn't meant to be there until you kill most of the mob.

Oh, awesome news..

Where'd you see that though?

If they really do, i'll loose interest in playing.

inkredible
02-26-2013, 01:38 PM
leave the difficulty, up the pink chances

agreed

inkredible
02-26-2013, 01:39 PM
this.

deff agreed

Bastok
02-26-2013, 04:26 PM
Elite does not need to be easier! This game needs some sort of challenge to it!

X29798
02-26-2013, 05:08 PM
It is challenging enough, just needs to be shorter to lower the chance of people teleporting out due to lag, disconnects or having to deal to real life. Any less then four for a party makes every one quit and completely ruins the run.

itsmagic
02-26-2013, 05:31 PM

Yeah so the maxed players will become even more filthy rich lol.
Its just not do-able for the average player with a random group.

Bless
02-26-2013, 06:16 PM

Yeah so the maxed players will become even more filthy rich lol.
Its just not do-able for the average player with a random group. so youd rather spen 30mins -1hr on a boss that will give greens or a chest full of junk?

CosmoxKramer
02-26-2013, 06:22 PM

100% spot on. Chest gambling is an awful return on the investment. There is a big reason people run Jarl still...because it takes 3m not 120. I can't sit on the toilet that long...

Carapace
02-26-2013, 07:14 PM
From our perspective we need to keep in mind there are multiple player types out there. Is this a casual MMO? Overall I would say yes. Are their hardcore players of our casual MMO? Absolutely. It's a delicate thing to keep balanced, as we care about all of our players.

I don't imagine it being much longer than a week or two before something happens regarding elites, what that is is yet to be determined however.

As for the Reefs boss, this is a bug that will be fixed in the next update.

Mysticaleagle
02-26-2013, 07:55 PM

Great..

SouLBlizzard
02-26-2013, 07:58 PM
The funniest thing is when before update,people keep asking the devs team to make the elite harder.Some even say they can clear the whole elite map in 2 hours.They hear us and make it happen.Now,some or almost all saying the elite is too hard to do.The case seems abit confusing now.

digitalbot
02-26-2013, 08:43 PM
so most of you want the econmy to be like when cap was 21? pinks need to be rare or what is the point of a mmo? do you not want millions of gold? to buy your mythic? i dont get you all.
all STS needs to do is raise threat output for warriors so you dont need to waste so much on pots, things would just go along so much smoother this way..

edit:: lol i farmed two months for one of STS most precious items and i got it, i will use plat here and here to open locked crates, sooner or later ill have hammerjaw, or when i farm and recieve elite golden chest for a month ill have mythic..
its how its supposed to be.

CosmoxKramer
02-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Actually the economy would be better off if the re-balanced gold and item selling prices to be more inline with the huge inflated amount of gold you can buy from platinum. Otherwise cut the plat:gold ratio in half, but I think it is too late for that because of the large amounts of gold some people do have. Other MMOs are more balanced when it comes to gold vendor prices and auction price levels.

LvlCap
02-26-2013, 10:57 PM
Defiantly keep the difficulty ( mobs maybe a little easier ) but defiantly make the runs worth while with actually good drops, we don't want to do these runs just to be rewarded with crappy gear.

X29798
02-26-2013, 11:38 PM
From our perspective we need to keep in mind there are multiple player types out there. Is this a casual MMO? Overall I would say yes. Are their hardcore players of our casual MMO? Absolutely. It's a delicate thing to keep balanced, as we care about all of our players.

I don't imagine it being much longer than a week or two before something happens regarding elites, what that is is yet to be determined however.

Read it, and wait for the update.

X29798
02-26-2013, 11:43 PM
Double post, accident.

X29798
02-27-2013, 12:00 AM
Tbh I doubt it is a bug and doubt it even more it'll be fixed. Imagine the outrage it would create, making all elite runs at least 10+ mins. People would go mad and really angry, sts wont pull that off.

And there are tanks, who can keep aggro. All I do is send in a charged lighting bolt and boss is upon me on pugs... I intentionally make it nice and slow, charging skills and all, but tanks with 120 dps cant do much but whine, whatever skills I use. However good wars keep aggro (you can get up to 199 dps).

Good is average, I want to know the best way it can be done.

Majority don't have the money for gear, or have concreate facts about tanking to do it in the most effective manner.

This is a quote from sts.

CosmoxKramer
02-27-2013, 09:05 AM
i don't see a problem with elites being 10-20 miutes. 1-2 hrs is crazy. We all are doing about 100 W4's that are close to 10 minutes to get to lvl 26, so a 10-20 minute elite is acceptable.

Mysticaleagle
02-27-2013, 09:20 AM
We got it. Leave it..

;p

Drizzt Lee
02-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Take a leaf out of wow. The reason why wow players log in dutifully after each week raid instances' reset to go to raid is because they know the boss kills are guaranteed good gear drops and not crappy stuff. I can understand getting crap from normal instances but to fight all the way in a elite instance and kill the final boss to get a green crap is very very frustrating...

digitalbot
02-27-2013, 11:21 AM
whts the fun when u got all the gear and they are worth nothing? give al some time quit it. let them expand, its mobile after all..

Carapace
02-27-2013, 11:24 AM
I posted this in another related thread and it seems relevant to the discussion at hand:

"Interestingly enough drop rates are actually almost completely in line with older content, but the perception that drops were nerfed comes from the fact that Elites are taking a lot more investment and time to run and thus dropping loot at around 1/20th the rate they were. Less people farming the content effectively means less loot on the CS, for trade, etc.

There are positives to consider as well as just the perceived negatives. For example the value of level 26 elite legendary items that drop in the Elite dungeons is a lot higher this time around due to their scarcity, typical of supply and demand scenarios. We need to find a nice balance before we pull the gun on a flat nerf, because once the loot is in the world, there's no taking it back. Imagine the chaos if we made a mistake and Mythic helms were dropping all the time and flooding the market. Not very exciting is it? However we're also very aware that 1h40m is too long.

Don't worry guys, we are aware of these things related to current Elite content and are discussing an appropriate means to handle the situation. Mythic and Arcane drop chances will not be changing however, we like them where they are at."

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?88095-Drops-seems-so-impossible-now-not-like-before

Drizzt Lee
02-27-2013, 11:53 AM
Don't worry guys, we are aware of these things related to current Elite content and are discussing an appropriate means to handle the situation. Mythic and Arcane drop chances will not be changing however, we like them where they are at."

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?88095-Drops-seems-so-impossible-now-not-like-before

Dun get me wrong, I'm not asking for guaranteed mythic or arcane drop chances.

For your kind consideration, please adjust the loot table of all final boss of all elite inst drop only elite chests...

This way, I still can try my luck with a elite copper chest instead of getting frustrated at getting a useless green which I can only sell for 7 gold at most...

digitalbot
02-27-2013, 11:54 AM
money is to be made

Carapace
02-27-2013, 12:25 PM
Dun get me wrong, I'm not asking for guaranteed mythic or arcane drop chances.

For your kind consideration, please adjust the loot table of all final boss of all elite inst drop only elite chests...

This way, I still can try my luck with a elite copper chest instead of getting frustrated at getting a useless green which I can only sell for 7 gold at most...

We are considering that as an option :)

Heiki
02-28-2013, 05:05 AM

Best news ever.

Drizzt Lee
02-28-2013, 11:21 AM

You just made my day... Lol, thank you thank you. Please make it happen!