PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best way to play paladin?

Dinosaurus
02-25-2013, 12:06 PM
Paladins have lots of mana and lots of buffs but you start with better strength and wielding a sword
Do i spec strength or intellegence (Tank or healer)

Heres my current spec.
Lvl 35 Paladin
STR-112
DEX-1
INT-67

Synsix
03-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Oh my... How dull. Tell you what... Swap out all that wasted STR for DEX, then we'll talk.

Seriously, being a tank is kind of boring, isn't it? I've started rhinos lots of times but never enjoyed the character until I spec'ed the rhino as if it were a dex-bear. Originally I went all DEX, but I was two-fisting mana pots, it was getting expensive. So a side order of INT really helped with mana. Here are my stats at level 38:
DEX 115, INT 73, STR 7

This rhino ROCKS! Forget tanking, who wants to be a toothless meat shield? STR rhinos can't even hit barrels! Check out these numbers:
Hit%=110, HP=404, h/s=7, mana=645, m/s=10, DPS=251

The final keys to the rockin' rhino, are your skills. You're not a tank, you're a damage dealer now - get spells to match:

The biggies:
Vital force, holy tempest & redemption
Keep these maxed, mine are all sixes

The goodies:
Charge & restore
Both at 6, but not as quickly as the biggies

The rest:
Guardian: one point to help with bad effects
Reincarnate: one point to keep others happy
Rhino might: one point; it is what I use when all other offensive spells are in cool-down
Stone skin: 4 points. Duration is too short; long cool-down.

The fight: vital force, stone skin, charge, redemption. At this point you have options. Rhino might to finish it off? Or holy tempest to blast everything back? Or, use your blade.

Final note: equipment
Armor doesn't really matter. I wear what I loot or buy at a reasonable price. Your weapon and shield do matter. A lot. I keep mana potion costs down by using my weapon. If you go with STR, you miss too often. Spend the money for a really nice blade and wing or shield. I'm using a gruesome butcher knife with a matching gruesome bracer. Expensive, but I sell them back for 80% of the original price. It really makes a difference when you can finish them off without using mana.

I only PvE. Never use two-hand weapons. More items you wear = more dex, more DPS, etc etc.

--Synsix

Dinosaurus
03-02-2013, 03:37 AM
I got my lvl 35 staff and now i roll healer. I keep strength up for health and my intelegence is now 75 (ive solo'd the whole alien oasis part 1 with 3x combo elixir [and my frozen claymore sword])

tHelonestud
03-10-2013, 09:42 PM
pvp you will almost always need strength primarily
I actually really enjoy healing though, pure intelligence for maximum heal power
It's hard because when you get higher you will want to use taunt for the aoe debuff but it draws aggro to you which you do not want

Griffinfan
03-11-2013, 07:51 AM
pure INT= super squishy rhino