PDA

View Full Version : Elite mariner reef farming

Marrypoppins
02-25-2013, 02:13 PM
What's the trick or is there one to avoid the little red stun thingies? Haven't farmed it much as rogue use bow and just kite best as possible? What about as a tank just take the stuns while the rest nuke? Thanks in advance

Lesmiserables
02-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Yes there are many ways u can do it , Eg, u can kite it , or a warrior can take the stuns for you or just corner him and veil and kill him just dont drag too long to kill or the stuns will spawn more and more !

Matutd
02-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Everyone stay away, and shouldn't tank be able to disengage it with chest splitter? If so, that has to be the easiest way.

aBenji
02-25-2013, 08:44 PM
It's fastest thing to farm in game. We average just under 2 mins a kill. Just get a warr who has specs for tanking. 3x DPS makes it much easier if warr can take aggro and let the DPS deal damage and just hold out till your team mates kill. 1300+ defence makes it easier. Once you run it a few times youll get a feel for it.

Ruejade
02-25-2013, 10:28 PM
The circles spawn in 26/27 second intervals... I have a strategy for countering the permastun for solo runs though...
But if you run in a group, kill the boss as fast as you can, you'll be fine..

X29798
02-26-2013, 12:28 AM
Everyone stay away, and shouldn't tank be able to disengage it with chest splitter? If so, that has to be the easiest way.

Has anyone successfully done this? Do you actually have a warrior?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Rollo
02-26-2013, 10:21 AM
You tank on the side near exit until all 3 rings spawn. Then you drag boss to the left far enough that they reset. Boss doesn't. At least, this seems the easiest way.

Genuinous
02-26-2013, 10:58 AM
All I wanna say is: if you are a tank and you cant keep aggro, dont just sit in a corner and expect the rogue/mage who gets the aggro to stand with you getting hit. (The alternative is sitting in the corner whining that the others are noobs and cant play)

Hapoens all too often...

Noelx
02-26-2013, 11:22 AM
You tank on the side near exit until all 3 rings spawn. Then you drag boss to the left far enough that they reset. Boss doesn't. At least, this seems the easiest way.

Wars I've seen aren't clever enough to do this but yes, this works.

wolfkult
02-26-2013, 11:51 AM
3/4 times I try to do it in pugs at least one ragequits when they die on the run to the boss. I need to try the trick you all are talking about and see if I can solo it on my warrior.

X29798
02-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Reef elite is bugged, boss is meant to spawn AFTER killing LOTS of mobs. Therefore it will take far longer then 2 mins.

Genuinous
02-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Reef elite is bugged, boss is meant to spawn AFTER killing LOTS of mobs. Therefore it will take far longer then 2 mins.

Yeah, you could say the same about jarl...

X29798
02-26-2013, 01:34 PM
All I wanna say is: if you are a tank and you cant keep aggro, dont just sit in a corner and expect the rogue/mage who gets the aggro to stand with you getting hit. (The alternative is sitting in the corner whining that the others are noobs and cant play)

Hapoens all too often...

Who ever spams attack and skills will get aggro, regardless of anything the warrior can do. It up to those that don't want to get aggro to let warrior get aggro in the first place. Let warrior attack first so they can get aggro WAIT four seconds then attack, instead of rushing in, wasting their potions and dieing.

X29798
02-26-2013, 01:34 PM

Jarl is not a proper boss, but a mini boss like the pirate slavers

Rollo
02-26-2013, 01:35 PM

This person is exagerating I think. It takes almost a minute to get there, and another 7-8 to down the boss. So your looking at maybe six runs an hour?

X29798
02-26-2013, 01:36 PM
This person is exagerating I think. It takes almost a minute to get there, and another 7-8 to down the boss. So your looking at maybe six runs an hour?

For now, wait for the patch.

Lesmiserables
02-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Well you should see the LB den , for solo it only takes 1Min34S.

Rollo
02-26-2013, 01:41 PM
I hope your wrong honestly. Most of us play on our phones, I can't see spending 30-40 minutes in a single dungeon. Especially for those of us with busy schedules. Time doesn't equal difficulty.

Rollo
02-26-2013, 01:45 PM
Well you should see the LB den , for solo it only takes 1Min34S.

The leader boards lol. I'm sure multiple people found a way to cheese it. Just like they did with the pvp leaderboards.

Lesmiserables
02-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Well getting decents equips makes it much much easier XD
The leader boards lol. I'm sure multiple people found a way to cheese it. Just like they did with the pvp leaderboards.

Mysticaleagle
02-26-2013, 02:04 PM

Agreed,

Jarl is not a proper boss, but a mini boss like the pirate slavers

Now, it is. Elite Jarl = same thing. You run, kill and loot.

Still hard though, same for reef.

X29798
02-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Agreed,

Now, it is. Elite Jarl = same thing. You run, kill and loot.

Still hard though, same for reef.

Difficulty is buffed, Jarl is extremely easy compared to new bosses. He still is a mini boss, all real bosses are at the end and require mobs kills, except for Reef. Doesn't any one else find this strange? Therefore this must be a bug, expect a patch soon.

digitalbot
02-26-2013, 02:31 PM
impossible for a warrior to keep aggro other classes give out too much damage. also its fact idk why sts keeps it this way?
im useing the warrior bug i do 2-2.5k crits and still do not hold aggro with all taunts.

sts if you would like more info ill glady share this bug just PM me (:

Marrypoppins
02-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Please pm all of us this 2k warrior crit bug lol

digitalbot
02-26-2013, 02:38 PM
*vanishes*

sent useing trolls from the lego village

X29798
02-26-2013, 02:46 PM
impossible for a warrior to keep aggro other classes give out too much damage. also its fact idk why sts keeps it this way?
im useing the warrior bug i do 2-2.5k crits and still do not hold aggro with all taunts.

sts if you would like more info ill glady share this bug just PM me (:

It not that warriors don't tank its that they can't, I was hoping sts would give out more info on warriors. To clarify if they were meant to tank in the first place.

digitalbot
02-26-2013, 02:49 PM
^^^^^^^^

yes have been wondering this since the beginning, well in the beginning cap 16 everything was fine.

so idk, if we not suppose to tank, this 2k crits should stay cause we still dont kill a boss in seconds you know? still takes time

Marrypoppins
02-26-2013, 04:04 PM
If tanks are meant to tank which they have to be, make first to take Agro hold Agro until either boss/tank dies lol.

X29798
02-26-2013, 04:07 PM
If tanks are meant to tank which they have to be, make first to take Agro hold Agro until either boss/tank dies lol.

Is this a post from someone with a warrior? Because clearly it is not that simple.

Marrypoppins
02-26-2013, 04:17 PM
I have all classes tyvm. Just suggesting that if I'm on my tank and attack a boss before anyone else I assume responsibility for Agro until he kills me or my team kills him. Yes ik its kinda tacky, but then again it would solve the lack of tank dmg issue wouldn't it? Still sux for tanks overall dmg compared to Mage/rogue but at least you'd have Agro and rest of team could focus on doing their job.

Matutd
02-26-2013, 04:25 PM

Has anyone successfully done this? Do you actually have a warrior?

Yeah, but I haven't started levelling him yet. I wasn't saying it works 100%, just that it could be possible.

X29798
02-26-2013, 05:01 PM
I have all classes tyvm. Just suggesting that if I'm on my tank and attack a boss before anyone else I assume responsibility for Agro until he kills me or my team kills him. Yes ik its kinda tacky, but then again it would solve the lack of tank dmg issue wouldn't it? Still sux for tanks overall dmg compared to Mage/rogue but at least you'd have Agro and rest of team could focus on doing their job.

I have all classes and maxed warrior to 26, people need to read the official in game tip and let warriors attack first and wait for a few seconds.

Most mages and rogues attack first and try to tank.

digitalbot
02-26-2013, 05:19 PM
lets make this fun

wolfkult
02-26-2013, 06:42 PM

Thanks Rollo, solo'd it on my first try on my 25 warrior. Took a while (9 minutes) but I'll get the hang of it.

digitalbot
02-26-2013, 06:47 PM
yeh tried that out too, Worrks well thnx

Genuinous
02-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Tbh I doubt it is a bug and doubt it even more it'll be fixed. Imagine the outrage it would create, making all elite runs at least 10+ mins. People would go mad and really angry, sts wont pull that off.

And there are tanks, who can keep aggro. All I do is send in a charged lighting bolt and boss is upon me on pugs... I intentionally make it nice and slow, charging skills and all, but tanks with 120 dps cant do much but whine, whatever skills I use. However good wars keep aggro (you can get up to 199 dps).

digitalbot
02-26-2013, 08:50 PM
i was in pvp and straight up owned everyone, i left cause it wasnt right. it has to be fixed.

edit:: thought poster above me was saying the glitch.
i wont disregard this, sts needs to know.

inkredible
02-26-2013, 08:50 PM
Tbh I doubt it is a bug and doubt it even more it'll be fixed. Imagine the outrage it would create, making all elite runs at least 10+ mins. People would go mad and really angry, sts wont pull that off.

And there are tanks, who can keep aggro. All I do is send in a charged lighting bolt and boss is upon me on pugs... I intentionally make it nice and slow, charging skills and all, but tanks with 120 dps cant do much but whine, whatever skills I use. However good wars keep aggro (you can get up to 199 dps).

LOL good warriors CAN keep aggro . holy . last map with uninstall i dont how i held myself together but we did it.. there was only three of us.. two rogues and me