PDA

View Full Version : In-game iTunes controls?

Pixxie
04-26-2010, 03:10 AM
Again, sorry if I missed this in the "upcoming features" list..

But could we have in-game iTunes controls, pretty please, with cherries on top? Too often do I log in to realize that damn, I forget to turn on a song... and then I lose all motivation to quit out, choose a song, and relog.

And on that note... when I disactivate music, can it also be disactivated on the menu screens? This really messes with my mojo :)

Splurd
04-26-2010, 03:47 AM
I cant test this now, but does hitting the powerbutton, (so it goes into standby mode), then double tapping the home button (brings up ipod controls) and playing a song,

then going back into game.

Does that work?

EddyBumba
04-26-2010, 04:15 AM
I cant test this now, but does hitting the powerbutton, (so it goes into standby mode), then double tapping the home button (brings up ipod controls) and playing a song,

Does that work?

Yeah that works

Pixxie
04-26-2010, 05:31 AM
Yeah that works

But.. complicated and not intuituve.. a simple ingame control like in Dungeon Hunter would be fabulous.

_ck
04-26-2010, 05:46 AM
The music will be deactivated in menus with the next update, or so the developers say anyway.

I, too, wouldn't mind in-game controls of music. Even if it's relatively easy to get music in the game, either by starting the music before you start PL, or as mentioned above, it would undeniably be a lot slicker if you could do it in the game.

setec
04-26-2010, 07:30 AM

Does that work?

Yes, for now. In OS 4, when you double tap the home button you get the multitask area and can scroll to the iPod button to play/adjust your music, then go back to PL. Right now though, PL just relaunches because it does not have the required code for multitasking.

But yeah, in game Itunes controls would be sweet.

_ck
04-26-2010, 01:47 PM
Yes, for now. In OS 4, when you double tap the home button you get the multitask area and can scroll to the iPod button to play/adjust your music, then go back to PL. Right now though, PL just relaunches because it does not have the required code for multitasking.

But yeah, in game Itunes controls would be sweet.

Not to mention multitasking is only going to work for those with iPhone 3GS, (3gen) iPod touch and iPad. People like me using a plain, ol' iPhone 3G won't get to multitask so that's all the more reason to implement it through the game. Definitely not a high priority since there's a workaround, but at some point it'd be nice to have.

Splurd
04-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Not to mention multitasking is only going to work for those with iPhone 3GS, (3gen) iPod touch and iPad. People like me using a plain, ol' iPhone 3G won't get to multitask so that's all the more reason to implement it through the game. Definitely not a high priority since there's a workaround, but at some point it'd be nice to have.

Aside from the workaround I posted, you can always jailbreak and use backgrounder but it does get memory intensive. (and battery intensive if you accidentally leave PL running)