PDA

View Full Version : 5th Skill Slot Community Poll.

Gorotsuki
02-26-2013, 05:07 AM
Admins & Developers!

Having chatted with a large amount of players in game about a 5th skill slot I decided why not take it to forums maybe something will get done.

Anyway! How about we have a vote/poll on a 5th skill slot being added into the game.

Just support the idea!

Thanks.

xcainnblecterx
02-26-2013, 05:15 AM
Why not make a whole other selection of four so when next caps come we can just roll between them? Or as ive mentioned, make two diffrent skill selections, one pvp one pve. When you lvl up you get 2 skill points and only one can be put in each section

Gorotsuki
02-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Why not make a whole other selection of four so when next caps come we can just roll between them? Or as ive mentioned, make two diffrent skill selections, one pvp one pve. When you lvl up you get 2 skill points and only one can be put in each section

Having the 4 skills rotation is a drainer passives should be passives no skills should be spent in them. They should get better as you level. An additional 4 skills would be useless cause your still bound to only using 4 skills.. so you got all these skills to use but limited to 4? No point

I like your idea on duel spec! But they would loose money from respecs and money to them is everything. However i was thinking about this the other day, but people are saying the developers will do nothing about it so why even bother suggesting it.

Matutd
02-26-2013, 07:04 AM

Having the 4 skills rotation is a drainer passives should be passives no skills should be spent in them. They should get better as you level. An additional 4 skills would be useless cause your still bound to only using 4 skills.. so you got all these skills to use but limited to 4? No point

I like your idea on duel spec! But they would loose money from respecs and money to them is everything. However i was thinking about this the other day, but people are saying the developers will do nothing about it so why even bother suggesting it.
If you're too lazy to scroll to the next 4, you deserve to be limited to only 4.

My opinion on this is no. After all the balancing that has happened, this one insignificant change could ruin the whole of PvP again.

nicoB
02-26-2013, 09:37 AM
is a fifth skill slot really needed?

Nerola
02-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Yes it's needed. It shouldn't limit to just 5 though. Could also make the normal attack button smaller, make it a circle and fit two more 3 more skills under the arc or as others suggest, a wheel for rotating between sets. But cool down may need to be implemented for skills that are visible to current skill set.

KillaSkillz
02-26-2013, 09:49 AM
In SL where we have 8, I honestly have my 4 as the go to skills and hardly ever bother with the other 4.
a 5th slot is unnecessary, 8 slots are unnecessary with passives.

I think it's fine the way it is. When we get above the level where all passives are maxed and 4 skills are maxed, maybe then when we have unused SP. But it's not needed and gameplay functions fine the way it is.

Spyce
02-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Why can't it be like SL were you can have 8?

Wizard_Mike
02-26-2013, 10:44 AM
As much as I would love a fifth slot, I think it's best left at four. What makes a compelling character build is having to choose between skills you really like. If they added about five more active skills, then I would be all for an extra skill slot.

Rather than add an extra skill slot, though, I would like to see more passives added. Stuff like increased/decreased threat generation, mana/life stealing, chance to parry, magic resistance, etc. Having a much more diverse set of passives will be critical to keeping character builds fun in the future.

Gorotsuki
02-26-2013, 03:35 PM
If you're too lazy to scroll to the next 4, you deserve to be limited to only 4.

My opinion on this is no. After all the balancing that has happened, this one insignificant change could ruin the whole of PvP again.

Did you even read what I said? What are you on about I'm pushing for a 5th+ skill slot and your calling me lazy..?

Lol pvp is nowhere near balanced don't even go there. Almost all the warriors skills don't even do what they say? Horn of Renew has a massive delay between charge and release, Warriors are meant for what in game? Tanking I think its called? You pop all taunting skills possible does the boss come for you nope. Instead mobs and bosses go for the poor mage who ends up dead because a class built for taking aggro cannot keep it for some unknown reason.

Bastok
02-26-2013, 04:23 PM
Skill slots should be kept at 4 in my opinion. It makes for more diversity amongst players.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Matutd
02-26-2013, 04:31 PM

Did you even read what I said? What are you on about I'm pushing for a 5th+ skill slot and your calling me lazy..?

Lol pvp is nowhere near balanced don't even go there. Almost all the warriors skills don't even do what they say? Horn of Renew has a massive delay between charge and release, Warriors are meant for what in game? Tanking I think its called? You pop all taunting skills possible does the boss come for you nope. Instead mobs and bosses go for the poor mage who ends up dead because a class built for taking aggro cannot keep it for some unknown reason.
"still bound to only 4 skills" either you didn't read thats dude's post properly, or you are extremely lazy. Also, a fifth skill would most likely put me, and other xperia play users, at a huge disadvantage. All of our buttons are taken up already. I'd still be stuck with 4.

Jackyll
02-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Ok you guys are getting a little close to flaming, thwoing around the lazy comments. But anyway No there should not be a 5th skill slot, pvp is balanced and there are already threads about both of these.