PDA

View Full Version : It not that warriors don't tank its that they can't

X29798
02-26-2013, 03:01 PM
I have played all three classes, warriors simply can not hold aggro with full taunts and damage. I don't think warriors are made to tank in the first place. I would like sts to confirm what exactly the warrior class is made for and how they are suppose to do it. Because clearly most people are confused.

Edit: post is about lvl 26 warrior and elite runs. As well as questioning the evolution of MMOs with no tanking. Each class would be self sufficient, the trinity is broken.

Anyone can 'tank', eg spam potions that's that real tanking.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Lesmiserables
02-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Well u guys got the highest armour anyway ^^( that should be enough , i think it's more of just how good the player who controls it ! :P

X29798
02-26-2013, 03:12 PM
Well u guys got the highest armour anyway ^^( that should be enough , more of just how good the player who controls it ! :P

Armor is only good IF you get mobs or boss to attack, most of the time warriors are standing around with lots of health doing little damage.

Have you actually played a warrior?

Compare high DPS rogues and high damage mage to warriors with half the damage output. How are warriors suppose to tank with that much threat damage and get aggro.

xcainnblecterx
02-26-2013, 03:25 PM
I dont have a problem keeping agro. Just need time your taunts and you be fine

X29798
02-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote from another warrior - Digitalbot

^^^^^^^^

yes have been wondering this since the beginning, well in the beginning cap 16 everything was fine.

so idk, if we not suppose to tank, this 2k crits should stay cause we still dont kill a boss in seconds you know? still takes time

X29798
02-26-2013, 03:31 PM
I dont have a problem keeping agro. Just need time your taunts and you be fine

Are you saying that you keep aggro 95% of the time and rogues and mages only take aoe damage? Anything less is not fine.

csyui
02-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Buff warrior's armor or health, otherwise warrior cant tank well in elite map now.
Rogue and mage can get over 300 dps in lv26, but warrior only got 180 dps. However, rogues and mages armor all go up to 800 now, warriors still only have 1000.

Some people may say with max gear, warrior stat is good tho. But mystic item is insanely expensive and hard to get dropped from chest.

Gorotsuki
02-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Yeah I'd like to know whats going on. Its impossible to hold aggro no matter what taunting skills you got or how you 'think' you can control it. What I've noticed after doing Watchers 4 1000000 times cause its the only good place for exp... dunno why its limited to one place but that's for another day. Is that who ever pops healing takes aggro. Thats it.

X29798
02-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Buff warrior's armor or health, otherwise warrior cant tank well in elite map now.
Rogue and mage can get over 300 dps in lv26, but warrior only got 180 dps. However, rogues and mages armor all go up to 800 now, warriors still only have 1000.

Some people may say with max gear, warrior stat is good tho. But mystic item is insanely expensive and hard to get dropped from chest.

My warrior is buffed defence and has all skills that say use to taunt, yet it doesn't seem to be enough. There are ONLY TWO proper taunt skills that hold aggro for a short time.The cool downs of taunt for heal is 15 sec and jugg is 45 sec. That's all we got, jugg is unpractical so most won't have it. Leaving only one real taunt skill.

Most people won't have maxed gear. So most warriors would be even more underpowered and helpless in the team.

Rollo
02-26-2013, 03:48 PM
I have all four taunt skills as well, and I can't hold aggro over 1 rogue let alone 2-3. I'd like a buff to our threat skills, because as it stands warriors have no place in elite runs. All we are is dead weight if we can't do our job.

xcainnblecterx
02-26-2013, 03:52 PM
Are you saying that you keep aggro 95% of the time and rogues and mages only take aoe damage? Anything less is not fine.

No 90% the time. When my taunts wear out is when you take hits. Idk about over 21 cause i haven't play my warrior since cap so

Rollo
02-26-2013, 03:53 PM
No 90% the time. When my taunts wear out is when you take hits. Idk about over 21 cause i haven't play my warrior since cap so

Were talking about end game.

X29798
02-26-2013, 03:55 PM

I have capped 26 with my warrior, and with all the updates I can't keep aggro. A lot has changed, but nothing has been done for warriors.

yoho
02-26-2013, 03:57 PM
Warriors indeed need rebalance to tank and take aggro, cause for now they are almost useless in elite. I suggest fixing crit-dealing glitch (or feature?), but making warrior able to absorb elite mobs damage and able to hold the aggro. Plus make taunt skill decent for warrior's pvp build (honestly, i have no clue how to do this..).
Thus:
1. + Armor%
2. + taunt/hold aggro
3. - ridiculous 2.5k crits to top-geared rogues/mages
4. - nerf shield ability for team, leave same invulnerability for casting spell warrior, but only -50%taken damage for the rest of party

Unfortunately, I've never played a warrior, so treat this post like rogue's opinion.

Rollo
02-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Just buffing our aggro generation is needed IMO. I don't want this to turn into a warrior needs nerf thread. Were talking End game PVE tanking.

Rare
02-26-2013, 04:14 PM
As a maxed tank I haven't had huge problems getting aggro. Occasionally, i'll lose it, but its like that in every game isn't it? Aside from the normal taunts... chest splitter is also really good for get their attention.

X29798
02-26-2013, 04:18 PM
As a maxed tank I haven't had huge problems getting aggro. Occasionally, i'll lose it, but its like that in every game isn't it? Aside from the normal taunts... chest splitter is also really good for get their attention.

Its about getting aggro and keeping it, chest splitter itself is weak in terms of spec and overall usefulness. Since it doesn't work with most bosses and has limited range for mobs.

Bastok
02-26-2013, 04:19 PM
I agree that warriors are in serious need of a threat buff. It's getting harder and harder to tank with every cap raise. I used to do a pretty good job holding aggro, but now, I question my use in a party sometimes. Warriors don't need any damage buffs or anything like that, just a simple aggro buff so that they can hold hate in party and make use of all that armor STS lets us have.

Dragonrider023
02-26-2013, 04:23 PM
Armor is only good IF you get mobs or boss to attack, most of the time warriors are standing around with lots of health doing little damage.

Have you actually played a warrior?

Compare high DPS rogues and high damage mage to warriors with half the damage output. How are warriors suppose to tank with that much threat damage and get aggro.

Good point, warrior should be the one who always attack first IMO

X29798
02-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Good point, warrior should be the one who always attack first IMO

It say in the official in game tips 'warrior go first to distract mobs' they need to add, Rogues and Mage must wait and allow warriors to attack and get aggression, then attack and use skills without spamming.

When you get aggression stop attacking unless you want to tank. Warriors can get aggro back, maybe but you need to stop adding more aggro to yourself.

Does seem a bit long...

Rare
02-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Its about getting aggro and keeping it, chest splitter itself is weak in terms of spec and overall usefulness. Since it doesn't work with most bosses and has limited range for mobs.

The cooldown time is very low... so keep using it. I'm not sure what's weak about it. It takes aggro. LIke I said, slice it how you want. I haven't had problems with it (then again... I'm only speaking for experience prior to this campaign). Sure with the occasional maxed rogue that really knows how to dish it out it can be tough. But honestly, there are very few relatively speaking.

Rollo
02-26-2013, 04:34 PM
It say in the official in game tips 'warrior go first to distract mobs' they need to add, Rogues and Mage must wait and allow warriors to attack and get aggression, then attack.

It shouldn't even be an issue to be honest. Unless they had a 5 minute head start, there's no reason our skills shouldn't work as intended. Picking up aggro and maintaining it, protecting the party. The devs need to tweak our taunt skills because they are sub par at the moment.

X29798
02-26-2013, 04:35 PM
The cooldown time is very low... so keep using it. I'm not sure what's weak about it. It takes aggro. LIke I said, slice it how you want. I haven't had problems with it (then again... I'm only speaking for experience prior to this campaign). Sure with the occasional maxed rogue that really knows how to dish it out it can be tough. But honestly, there are very few relatively speaking.

The skill is attack based not something a warrior needs, fast cool down drains mana. Warriors already have low mana. VB is not a skill for tanking at all, nothing about the skill says anything about taunting or getting aggro. You won't get much aggro from mobs with it.

Rare
02-26-2013, 04:42 PM
The skill is attack based not something a warrior needs, fast cool down drains mana. Warriors already have low mana. VB is not a skill for tanking at all, nothing about the skill says anything about taunting or getting aggro. You won't get much aggro from mobs with it.

I have never run out of mana. On the rare occasion that I get a little low, I do have mana pots I can use :) Attack skills (I only use chest splitter) and crit helps you take aggro (ala vorpal). I never said anything about vengeful blood. was that meant for me?

X29798
02-26-2013, 04:42 PM
It shouldn't even be an issue to be honest. Unless they had a 5 minute head start, there's no reason our skills shouldn't work as intended. Picking up aggro and maintaining it, protecting the party. The devs need to tweak our taunt skills because they are sub par at the moment.

The easiest way to get aggro is to attack first, its worth taking advice from the people that actually make the game. Rouge and mage attack first and complain that they get aggro.

Rollo
02-26-2013, 04:51 PM
I have never run out of mana. On the rare occasion that I get a little low, I do have mana pots I can use :) Attack skills (I only use chest splitter) and crit helps you take aggro (ala vorpal). I never said anything about vengeful blood. was that meant for me?

You understand were talking about end game right? Not level 21 when our skills worked. Level 26 where they didn't scale the same way rogue and mage dps did.

X29798
02-26-2013, 04:53 PM

Getting aggro from crits is questionable when comparing yours with rogues, since their crit is way above warriors and so is their damage. Are you able to stay alive the whole time in elite with a DPS proc weapon, while taking most of the damage?

Liquid Ice
02-26-2013, 04:53 PM
I agree with the tank not being able to tank. This is true for even a four taunt build. I believe an explanation on threat/taunts is needed because it doesn't seem like taunts acquire threat generation, just a momentary attention grabber.

Rollo
02-26-2013, 05:01 PM
The easiest way to get aggro is to attack first, its worth taking advice from the people that actually make the game. Rouge and mage attack first and complain that they get aggro.

I'm not saying its bad advice. In an ideal situation dps classes would wait patiently for you to attack the boss first. How often does that really happen though.

X29798
02-26-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm not saying its bad advice. In an ideal situation dps classes would wait patiently for you to attack the boss first. How often does that really happen though.

It has to start somewhere.

All mages and rouges can save money on potions and get faster times if they just wait a few seconds.

Rollo
02-26-2013, 05:06 PM
Getting aggro from crits is questionable when comparing yours with rogues, since their crit is way above warriors and so is their damage. Are you able to stay alive the whole time in elite with a DPS proc weapon, while taking most of the damage?

He's talking about pre expansion, which is fine but not relevant to this discussion. Read his first post again.

Wizard_Mike
02-26-2013, 05:08 PM
What we need is passives for tanks to increase threat output, and passives for rogues and sorcerers to decrease threat output.

In addition, all sword & shield sets needs to have a built in threat bonus. What's the purpose of sacrificing damage for extra armor if we dish out less threat with these, making holding aggro even harder? The best sword & shield set should dish out double the threat that the best two-hander dishes out.

Rollo
02-26-2013, 05:13 PM
What we need is passives for tanks to increase threat output, and passives for rogues and sorcerers to decrease threat output.

In addition, all sword & shield sets needs to have a built in threat bonus. What's the purpose of sacrificing damage for extra armor if we dish out less threat with these, making holding aggro even harder? The best sword & shield set should dish out double the threat that the best two-hander dishes out.

This.

wolfkult
02-26-2013, 05:19 PM

This is a really good idea, it could be implemented that damage from s/s combo just looks like more damage to the mob (w/o actually taking its HP down as much).

To me there are two things at play
1) rogue/mages now have higher damage but warriors depend on taunts to keep aggro which are not more persistent or on shorter timers (so can't keep up)
2) so to tank effectively you pretty much have to spec in a way that is useless in PvP. The taunts are obviously not useful but even chest splitter sort of sucks in PvP if you have to substitute it for skyward or windmill (not to mention axe throw).

X29798
02-26-2013, 05:29 PM

Put this in the feedback/suggestion forum, I don't know how to move it. Or start new topic.

Cero
02-26-2013, 05:38 PM
the problem maybe is your build.

CS-windmill-juggernaut-horn

with this skills that can taunt/get aggro i dont see any problem.
ofc no one can keep aggro 100%, but thats why you can use those skills to grab aggro.
if you wish to make a warrior for just one skill for ultimate aggro and stands there pressing potions ... thats a borring class. lol

Wizard_Mike
02-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Put this in the feedback/suggestion forum, I don't know how to move it. Or start new topic.

Both of these suggestions have been mentioned in the suggestions forum already. I just don't think STS is planning on working on any new mechanics until after their first batch of expansions are finished. I think they said they were putting out an expansion every three months up to level 30/31 or 35/36 before they slow down and start working on tweaking and polishing. That's my understanding, at least.

So I think we're just going to have to deal with poor threat mechanics until then. Just do what I did and settle on a PvP build until things change. STS will let us know when they are ready for us to tank PvE again. For now, just smash stuff and hope for the best, lol.

Rollo
02-26-2013, 05:43 PM
I agree with the tank not being able to tank. This is true for even a four taunt build. I believe an explanation on threat/taunts is needed because it doesn't seem like taunts acquire threat generation, just a momentary attention grabber.

This also might be the case. We wont know until the devs respond.

inkredible
02-26-2013, 08:38 PM

warrior can deff get over 180 dps. im lvl 25 and i have 176 dps. .and i dont have full gear lvl 25 at all, some lvl 21's so im guessin
warrior would have range 190-200dps with lvl 26..
plus with vengence my dps go up to 187 - i think but its deff over 180.

and to reply.. wt4 easy to tank and is possible, but elite NOW when u have all this mobs coming at u.. which some literally hits 2k.. yeah
expect 500 health pots to use in one elite.. i think warriors damage should be raised a bit..
tanking elite.. literally.. all i end up doing SOMETIMES is doing crazy tapping my health pots and waiting for my horn renew to load..

so i guess suggestion is maybe speed up the "health" horn renew loading - and longer duration

TourneAsunder
02-26-2013, 08:39 PM
The taunt in jugg was a wasted point I feel, 90% of the time the boss or adds switch back to the dps within a second completely forgetting to attack me...

I'd love to keep it but as it stands...it is worthless.

vanaddict
02-26-2013, 09:09 PM
yes. many people feel that taunting skill is worthless. especially with this pvp stuff coming. most of warrior didn't even bother to take taunt on HoR because they are worthless. VB and then windmill could also take aggro from mobs. but not too long. STS probably need to make the taunt skill more effective than the current one.

KillaSkillz
02-26-2013, 10:31 PM
Imo there is no aggro beyond 5 seconds, it cant be held. The enemies read mage or rogue as a bigger threat and it is done, then you have to draw aggro again and repeat again after the next hit.
Its just frustrating. I'm not seeing a huge differene between L21 warrior gear and the L26 either, at least not as impressive as the other two classes gear gains were.
All this buffness for nuthiin!

I've given up on trying to tank. I'm going damage/hp and armor, and praying we get better weapons at some point that can do some decent damage.

GoobieGabel
02-26-2013, 10:40 PM

Actually, VB is extremely useful in tanking. I charge it before I use skyward smash to get the extra dmg and 500 health. The dmg keeps the aggro for most of the time and then I use heal to take it back. VB also helps in the middle of the fight, the 500 health is priceless and mana regen keeps you from spamming mana pots instead of health pots.

Uicheusa
02-26-2013, 11:05 PM
It's based on how fast u can tap potions now, before u can maxed out ur gears.
That's how the rich gets richer.

Bejo
02-26-2013, 11:24 PM
its just me or to all idk, i feel taunt from horn of renew not work properly

X29798
02-26-2013, 11:30 PM
Actually, VB is extremely useful in tanking. I charge it before I use skyward smash to get the extra dmg and 500 health. The dmg keeps the aggro for most of the time and then I use heal to take it back. VB also helps in the middle of the fight, the 500 health is priceless and mana regen keeps you from spamming mana pots instead of health pots.

I am more concerned about elite tanking, when it works for you use it. I don't use it.

Jessicazx
02-27-2013, 02:37 AM
'Warriors can't tank' ~ said no one ever. (except for you)

Rollo
02-27-2013, 03:20 AM
I ignored every post in this thread and now i'm going to troll

What?

X29798
02-27-2013, 05:34 AM
Warriors are first and foremost warriors not tanks. Those that wish to tank can and those that don't are able to. Trying out some possible builds for tanks, I did not find any that meet my standards of tanking.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD,

Rollo
02-27-2013, 09:55 AM

I just want to quote this again, as it seems like the best solution to this issue. Its frustrating that we haven't had a response from AL concerning this problem. I've spent almost 30 plat trying to nail down a tank build that does its job, to no avail.

Roberto077
02-27-2013, 10:08 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CJucqJo9vKg

It's not that warriors can't tank. It's just hard to.

(This was recorded the week of the games release so please don't post "noob" comments)

Rare
02-27-2013, 10:23 AM
I just want to quote this again, as it seems like the best solution to this issue. Its frustrating that we haven't had a response from AL concerning this problem. I've spent almost 30 plat trying to nail down a tank build that does its job, to no avail.

pfft I've spent over 30 plat by accidently clicking bypass on shazbot and klaas. They don't care about that lol

IPlayedSinceDay1
02-27-2013, 10:32 AM
Well Roberto, you kept scattering the mobs and leaving your teamates in a crowd of mobs, its best if your a but situated like this

Warrior in front, but not in middle of mobs

Sorceror behind the warrior ( So he could use fireball which knocks the enemy down)

And Rogues should be in the middle of the mobs, taking them down with razor shield and the fast slash move that hits multiple enemys

As a warrior try and gain the aggro, while not going deep into the mobs, like running from place to place gathering, it may be just a bit to much if you gathered alot. Oh and try to stay still unless your using windmill then go sort of but quickly go back to where you were standing, it makes the sorcerors job alot easier, and would result in a lesser possability of dieing

Hope this helps, warriors doing that^ Would make it easier for sorceror to stun and knockdown enemies, resulting in no hp pots needed by warrior:)

Rollo
02-27-2013, 10:38 AM
pfft I've spent over 30 plat by accidently clicking bypass on shazbot and klaas. They don't care about that lol
I've.. done that too, lol /facepalm

A lvl 26 warrior cannot hold aggro over and equally geared rogue or mage. You can spam all the taunt skills you want and the boss will instantly focus the rogue/mage afterward.

Wizard_Mike
02-27-2013, 11:55 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CJucqJo9vKg

It's not that warriors can't tank. It's just hard to.

(This was recorded the week of the games release so please don't post "noob" comments)

That was back at the 16 cap. Holding aggro was a bit more reliable back then. It wasn't very good back then, but much better than now. As the caps increase, the reliability of holding aggro keeps getting lower.

Plus, that video is of tombs. The main problem with holding aggro happens with elite runs. Elite bosses take so long to kill that rogues and sorcerers have loads of time to out-threat the tank.

abrai
02-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Rule of thumb applied - get rich, capped out and grab end-game equips.
You won't be able to have problem then.
Also, the healing pots are meant to be used there.

Rollo
02-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Rule of thumb applied - get rich, capped out and grab end-game equips.
You won't be able to have problem then.
Also, the healing pots are meant to be used there.

Like I said, an equally geared warrior can't hold aggro over a rogue or mage.

X29798
02-27-2013, 05:27 PM
Like I said, an equally geared warrior can't hold aggro over a rogue or mage.

That's what I mean, classes are not equal with max/high gear. Tanking doesn't work at in this game, it not about skill or mechanics. There is no point in tanking at all, in this game as of now. There is more to a warrior then tanking and other builds to use .

Back on topic, this is about lvl 26 warriors on elite runs. Have you tried taking damage from mobs and boss? The amount of damage they do is way above anything a warrior can survive. I doubt any class can take most of the damage and live, instead they just waste a lot of potions spamming.

Tanks stay on a spot and take most damage and aggression, while staying alive using skills without spamming potions.

There is no real tanking happening.

Take a page from guild wars 2 and have everyone be self sufficient, deal damage, surround mobs in a circle, control the field and take damage. The trinity doesn't work anymore, its time MMOs evolved or get left behind.

Jessicazx
02-28-2013, 04:41 AM
You just said it, thanks for agreeing and also giving this topic attention. Win, win.

I wonder if you can see that what i said was a quote which is why there are ' ' between the words. hurdurr :banana:

Rollo
02-28-2013, 04:51 AM
I wonder if you can see that what i said was a quote which is why there are ' ' between the words. hurdurr :banana:

You have added nothing of value to this discussion. Why are you here again?

X29798
02-28-2013, 05:14 AM
Let's focus on the topic here, there are people having problems with warriors. This effects the whole game not just warriors. We got to change what we can or nothing will happen.

New play styles and builds will have to be made for what we have now. Only time, updates and respec can help you.

Arcane legends give you the freedom to make any warrior you want, so I suggest you do.

I will respec and make my own personal build. Remember we are warrior first not a tank. Have fun in game.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD,

Rollo
02-28-2013, 11:23 AM
I gave up on the tank build, its worthless. Apparently this is a topic STS does not want to touch.

Rare
02-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Should create a thread in the suggestions forum. Might get a lot more looks there.

digitalbot
02-28-2013, 12:24 PM
STS knows of this, they working on it just patients is key

Wizard_Mike
02-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Should create a thread in the suggestions forum. Might get a lot more looks there.

There have been discussions about threat/aggro in both the suggestions and the technical forums since before the dead city expansion.

Rare
02-28-2013, 04:33 PM
There have been discussions about threat/aggro in both the suggestions and the technical forums since before the dead city expansion.

Thanks for letting me know that? :)

I'm just saying it will probably get more eyes on it there... if you're trying to make a suggestion. Or bump one of the other threads that are already there and continue the discussion.

Wizard_Mike
02-28-2013, 08:58 PM
Good news!

From today's update thread:

Nice! PvP balancing is good stuff.

Now if we could only get a little PvE balancing... *cough* (warrior aggro) *cough*

;)

We have already started looking at that problem and will come up with a solution.

Woot! :)

Rollo
03-01-2013, 03:49 AM
Good news!

From today's update thread:

Woot! :)
Awesome, you should put forth your earlier suggestion for warriors. I'd love a reason to use sword/shield.

ZeroBlu
03-01-2013, 02:33 PM
I wish we had a skill that was a shield with a huge bullseye on it and well you get the point

Rollo
03-01-2013, 03:16 PM
I wish my warrior could tank properly.. :sulkiness:

digitalbot
03-01-2013, 03:23 PM
how it is now, warriors need to tank with how elite maps are
which i have complete faith in sts to accomplish

Rollo
03-01-2013, 05:25 PM
I hope so. I really like using shields. They make my warrior look so tanky.

digitalbot
03-01-2013, 05:28 PM
I hope so. I really like using shields. They make my warrior look so tanky.

yeh so tough with jug added

Caiahar
03-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Yeah I end up tanking w4 instead of warrs..im a sorcerer

Rollo
03-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Yeah I end up tanking w4 instead of warrs..im a sorcerer

That's because all the cool warriors are running elites. :P

Caiahar
03-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Nope even in elite theyre bad. Its hard to tank in elite u know?

Chaim Nail
03-01-2013, 11:00 PM
I tried doing elite Brackenridge Forest solo, warrior lvl25, and going up against the first enemy it felt like I turned up to a gunfight with a plastic spork...

X29798
03-02-2013, 01:05 AM
I tried doing elite Brackenridge Forest solo, warrior lvl25, and going up against the first enemy it felt like I turned up to a gunfight with a plastic spork...

Try it with a defensive build, it is pretty funny.

Having done the new elite maps with patch, warriors take can take a lot of damage but the mobs do tons more.

The mobs in elite has slightly less damage and health. Warriors still the same. Died a lot, so did the other warrior. The health and armor warriors have are nothing compared to mobs attack and health, anymore then 5 leads to death to most if not all party.

just comment
03-02-2013, 02:59 AM
i agree with this topic, something wrong with tanker warrior . .
first time i decide to play war was to be a tanker, a char that supposed to take dmg for the party . .
but aggro easily lose, dmg received too high (even with 1200 armor), and no full support healer class (cleric/priest) . .
the best tanker in this game is "GREEN POT" . .
pot is a must in every game, but this game is too pot dependant . .

Chaim Nail
03-02-2013, 10:59 AM
I don't know how this stacks up against others but my warrior lvl25 stats are (with lvl25 Ribbit):

Strength: 229
Bonus Dmg: 214%
Health: 2869
Damage: 98.7

Dexterity: 89
Dodge: 10.13%
Critical: 13.78%

Intelligence: 54
Mana: 660

DPS: 111.0
Armor: 1011

and the only way I can get through the tough levels is by tapping like mad on the potions which can end up costing quite a bit of gold.

Rollo
03-02-2013, 03:25 PM
That's the other thing too. I respecced into a "tank" build for better survivability in elite runs. I've got 980 armor + whatever armor passive I have, 3.8k HP and mobs still tear through me like paper. So rogues can take 2 hits and I can take maybe 4. There's no reason to even bring a warrior that can't tank, OR do much damage to the party. It makes more sense to have a full rogue party and zerg the boss down.

Vengifuljoe
03-02-2013, 03:47 PM
I concur, heres the problems with al tank #1 no shield or a decent weapon with added armor #2 chest splitter is good aggro with taunts such as horn of renew and jugg the axe is nice but only one target, #3 they tried to merge tanking with high dps warrior #4 no skills with a shield , im sorry but you just cant b a tank without one its like making a mage that fights with only daggers, good luck with that. tank build should always include these basic ideas low dps with the ability to increase dps thru strength he or she should have a rush and aoe for threat skyward slam is almost perfect but lacks the ability to be spammed and lacks aggro did I mention a shield, well what better way to be a damage sponge then with a shield that can absorb damage give some damage but again limit the damage, true purpose is threat, I need high threat, high damage absorbtion, high health, and some flashy attacks that do some damage but are really for aggro chest splitter is good for aggro but lacks that hey look at me quality! And a shield, a shield, a shield and skill for my shield !!!

X29798
03-02-2013, 04:04 PM
That's the other thing too. I respecced into a "tank" build for better survivability in elite runs. I've got 980 armor + whatever armor passive I have, 3.8k HP and mobs still tear through me like paper. So rogues can take 2 hits and I can take maybe 4. There's no reason to even bring a warrior that can't tank, OR do much damage to the party. It makes more sense to have a full rogue party and zerg the boss down.

Four elite mobs>warrior armor and health

Trying to take most damage leads to death. Spamming potions is inefficient, any real elite team does not use any health potions.

Everyone needs to be able to take damage or heal. Any less leads to death and wasted time running. High damage is only good when you survive to do it.

Rollo
03-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Like I said warrior is just a wasted dps spot in elite runs at this point. They can't hold aggro so dps classes are taking damage anyway. The only reason to have a warrior in party would be for their 2 second shield and heal.

X29798
03-02-2013, 05:01 PM
Like I said warrior is just a wasted dps spot in elite runs at this point. They can't hold aggro so dps classes are taking damage anyway. The only reason to have a warrior in party would be for their 2 second shield and heal.

Full dps is better then having a warrior in party.

They can't hold aggro or survive in a mob attack, if they did get aggro.

Warriors are good at buffs heal, rally cry. That's about it.

Warriors need new skills to change this. Current skills are seriously lacking.

Rollo
03-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Full dps is better then having a warrior in party.

They can't hold aggro or survive in a mob attack, if they did get aggro.

Warriors are good at buffs heal, rally cry. That's about it.

Warriors need new skills to change this. Current skills are seriously lacking.

New skills and a buff to our aggro skills. Frustrating watching your party die and you're skills wont even work.

just comment
03-05-2013, 10:21 AM
New skills and a buff to our aggro skills. Frustrating watching your party die and you're skills wont even work.

agree 100%, we war will feel super guilty if we can't hold the aggro and party die because we lose aggro ..
even if we can get aggro, we can't tank well due to elite monster dmg too high, and no support healer class ..
so war's destiny is PRO POTTER ..

Raxin
03-05-2013, 10:35 AM

agree 100%, we war will feel super guilty if we can't hold the aggro and party die because we lose aggro ..
even if we can get aggro, we can't tank well due to elite monster dmg too high, and no support healer class ..
so war's destiny is PRO POTTER ..
On sea blood can one shot any rogue/mage and he has took me down 94% in one shot on war... Im close cap gear also 200dps
1100 armor
Either increase war dps or aggro mechanics.
What about passive emnity +/- specs could help with control issues.
Or id even be happy with a skill that reset hate...

Rollo
03-05-2013, 04:13 PM
That's really all it boils down to. Warriors can't hold aggro... so buff our threat mechanics, please.

inkredible
03-05-2013, 04:38 PM
warriors cant hold agro for so long but it helps enough to grab the attention for a few giving rogues mages to recover
i have 4000+ health , i have no problem tanking much, skullcove is a diff story.. LOL ..too much pots

X29798
03-05-2013, 05:05 PM
warriors cant hold agro for so long but it helps enough to grab the attention for a few giving rogues mages to recover
i have 4000+ health , i have no problem tanking much, skullcove is a diff story.. LOL ..too much pots

Edit: use some potions, not spamming.

Are you saying you can survive other elites without using potions. Using lots of potions to 'tank' in any elite is not real tanking.

The question is, are most warriors that want to tank able to tank in this game effectively or not.

just comment
03-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Are you saying you can survive other elites without using potions. Using lots of potions to 'tank' in any elite is not real tanking.

The question is, are most warriors that want to tank able to tank in this game effectively or not.

agree 100%, tanking effectively means still use pot on certain occasion but not overuse it ..
yes, i know with mage spell effect like freeze or stun can make war use less pot ..
but that is because the monster is not attacking, so war is not tanking but hitting stunned or freeze monster ..
or maybe you hunt with 3-4 war in a team, of course, you can shift heal + 2 sec immunity ..
but team with all tanker is not a good team in all mmorpg ..

xcainnblecterx
03-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Yea.i take back what o said.earlier.about my warrio taking agro and keeping agro. Ive ran in the new maps since my sorc.cant and i feel guilty when someone dies. To me all classes are mixed up. A rouge.has the.highest dps/dmg along with armor. Then why not erase all other.classes since there useless except warrios in pvp? It makes no.since to have a warrio or sorc in pve as rouge.will 90% take the.agro, but can tank at the.same time. Im very confused on this

ShadowGunX
03-06-2013, 03:44 AM
this update made warrior a subject to clown.
still war has 1k armour. nd nd dmg is lol.
mage nd rogues got massive armour boost (~900) nd dmg is noticeably high wich is double of war.
i thought that as mage rogue has double dmg than.war then this update war would hav double d armour of mage rogue. bt eh..........
again those aggro problems :-(

Rollo
03-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Warriors could hit 1k armor before last expansion, what about now? 1.2k maybe? Doesn't seem like warriors scaled the same way mages and rogues did. Oh yeah, we still can't hold aggro either. /flipdesk