PDA

View Full Version : New skill for Rogue similar to Mage Shield/Warrior Horn

gundamsone
02-26-2013, 05:15 PM
Thread closed.

People are really too negative to suggestions.

Cero
02-26-2013, 05:34 PM
this is prolly coz you played twink?
because end game rogues doesnt need shield, they go on dodge.

SouLBlizzard
02-26-2013, 05:42 PM
yea 30% or more dodge is what you need

Bless
02-26-2013, 05:44 PM
this is prolly coz you played twink?
because end game rogues doesnt need shield, they go on dodge. twink rogues dont usually use razer lol we just want one cuz itd be fair.

But in reality it has a low low chance of happening

GoodSyntax
02-26-2013, 08:36 PM
To be honest, I'm a Rogue, and with a Shield, I would be devastating!!!

To add a shield on the Rogue class would make them grossly overpowered. I mean, imagine a Rogue who can crit at 3000+, has almost 30% dodge naturally (add in Razor for almost 50% dodge), has nearly 800 armor and 1400 HP and is currently lvl 22....

Matutd
02-26-2013, 08:41 PM
So a warrior uses vengeful, activates ribbit and then hits windmill, and it's "fair" that they practically kill themselves?...

gundamsone
02-26-2013, 09:40 PM
I made this thread under the assumption that our hit% is well over the 100% mark.
For those of you who played PL, you should know what I mean from this.

So is having 50% dodge vs another Rogue's aimed shot really going to make you evade half of them? Personally I think it's not and dodge is much overrated atm b/c people have not yet spent the time to analyze this thoroughly.

mafiainc42
02-26-2013, 10:19 PM
First of all I know this may not sound "fair" but those of us who play rogue believe it's "fair"

My suggestion is an upgradable skill to an existing skill (such as Razor) that lets rogues redirect all incoming damage for 2 seconds when activated.
This is NOT the same as the other 2 classes b/c those 2 classes tank all incoming damage whereas this skill just redirects it to an ally near you.

Please-O-Please grant us a skill like this...I want to be a Ninja^^

take yur heals away and sounds good

Energizeric
02-27-2013, 02:26 AM
Here's why it's not fair: Rogue is the only class that can kill someone with one hit. If you could block all incoming damage for 2 seconds, then you would win every 1-on-1 battle as the other guy would be dead before the 2 seconds runs out. As a sorcerer, the only chance I have to beat a rogue is to stun them first. If they hit me first I'm dead instantly. If you can block all my hits/stuns for 2 seconds, you will win every time no matter what I do.

gundamsone
02-27-2013, 04:13 AM
Here's why it's not fair: Rogue is the only class that can kill someone with one hit.
Not true.
Was in a endgame game today. Warrior hit 2600 on me with windmill...mage 1 shot me with light.

ucaflaeba
02-27-2013, 06:49 AM
Not true.
Was in a endgame game today. Warrior hit 2600 on me with windmill...mage 1 shot me with light.

You just have to LEARN how to play. Maybe you played too much twink and you just can't accept that youre not owning that much endgame...

gundamsone
02-27-2013, 07:15 AM
You just have to LEARN how to play. Maybe you played too much twink and you just can't accept that youre not owning that much endgame...
This thread is not about my pvp skills so seriously go away if you're only here to start a fight with me.

ucaflaeba
02-27-2013, 07:23 AM
This thread is not about my pvp skills so seriously go away if you're only here to start a fight with me.

LoL..chill man. I'm just saying the truth just accept it that you won't own that much endgame. Stay twinked and you'll be okay..

gundamsone
02-27-2013, 07:34 AM
What the hell is your problem? What did I even do to you in game?
Accept the fact that I won't own in endgame? Sure but please define "own" when it's a 5v5 game.

Seriously get off my back before I report you & bring your main forum acc next time if you're gonna start bs with me.

Deadbite
02-27-2013, 07:37 AM
Lmao @ junior member!! I love these new players to Al on forums! To funny.

ucaflaeba
02-27-2013, 08:09 AM
What the hell is your problem? What did I even do to you in game?
Accept the fact that I won't own in endgame? Sure but please define "own" when it's a 5v5 game.

Seriously get off my back before I report you & bring your main forum acc next time if you're gonna start bs with me.

You do own the game playing twink right? You do have 50000++ pvp kills right?? It just won't happen endgame. And it doesn't mean you have to get buffed LoL
Report me please..

GoodSyntax
02-27-2013, 09:03 AM
Gundamsone is correct, dodge is an overrated attribute.

Just because there is no visible Hit % variable, doesn't mean that there isn't one. At mid or even higher levels, I would assume that most Rogues are >100% Hit. At end-game, as is the case in PL, you probably have Rogues with >150% hit (maybe even 200% Hit), so 50% dodge is still 0% dodge against a 200% hit rate.

Dodge is probably only effective against Warriors, who like Bears in PL, probably suffer from low hit percentage. An endgame warrior with 110% hit (which is what I've seen as common in PL for end-game Bears), really only yields a 60-80% effective hit rate against Rogues.

Either way, I still think that Rogue shielding would be far to overpowering. There are better ways to attain class-balance, and Rogue shields are not it. Personally, I would rather see speed and attack range adjustments than skill or damage adjustments. I know everyone loves to complain about Warriors with Ribbit/Vorpal/Windmill, but I've learned to deal with it. Honestly, the only unbalanced effect I see is Warriors buffing eachother for invincibility and Sorcerer cooldown rates.

The more I PvP, and the more builds I've come across, the more I realize that if STS can eliminate the invincible wall that is two or three grouped Warriors, and reduce the Sorcerer skill cooldown rates, then all would probably fall into balance. The other thing I would like to see is a speed reduction for Warriors (or speed buff for Rogues and Sorcerers). That would allow the squisher classes (Rogues and Sorcerers) a chance to flee - because right now, there is no way to evade a Warrior who is coming after you.

Finally, the cooldown reduction for Sorcerers would give them a better chance to survive and be productive in PvP. Yes, I've come across many terrific Sorcerers, but that is the exception, not the norm. Most Sorcerers are support classes at best and warm meat otherwise. Granting Sorcs the chance to launch skills at a faster rate would help them control mobs more effectively, and get kills more consistently. Only the best Sorcs can lead a CTF match in kills, and that's only if there are no Pro Rogues around. Most of the time, the leading classes for kills are Rogues and Warriors (Rogues usually edge out Warriors) and Sorcs are a very distant third.

D-:
02-27-2013, 05:04 PM
I like how uca has yet to post his character with his stats, yet he talks how he's some pro...

Uca vs gun 1v1.

Gun wins. I can see it now.

ucaflaeba
02-27-2013, 05:25 PM
I like how uca has yet to post his character with his stats, yet he talks how he's some pro...

Uca vs gun 1v1.

Gun wins. I can see it now.

Excuse me, who are you again?
99% of the time I can kill rogues 1vs1. Trust me..LoL..

GoodSyntax
02-27-2013, 05:50 PM
Rogues are pretty squishy. Killing Rogues 1v1 is like a gun fight - first shot or combo usually wins.

ucaflaeba
02-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Rogues are pretty squishy. Killing Rogues 1v1 is like a gun fight - first shot or combo usually wins.

A good mage VS good rogue = mage wins

A good mage VS good warr = warr wins

A good rogue VS good warr = rogue wins

So its actually pretty balance right now?

But that's just my opinion, it still depends on the build..

D-:
02-27-2013, 10:26 PM
Excuse me, who are you again?
99% of the time I can kill rogues 1vs1. Trust me..LoL..

Still not gonna post your character?

Sts really needs to ban this guy for excessive flaming on all of guns threads...

Xbuddyjosh
02-27-2013, 10:40 PM
Guys gun made this thread for discussing future attributes for the rogue class so lets keep it that way... All is forgiving this thread wasn't meant for flaming; was meant for a new epic rogue skill so lets talk about that instead plz :) thx :)
:banana:

Xbuddyjosh
02-27-2013, 10:45 PM
Although like Eric said on the first page, rogues would literally be invincible if they had a re-directing ability... As gun made quite clear in the first few posts, this thread was to make pvp more "fair". I personally don't see how rogues being invincible and other classes literally killing themselves when they try to attack the rogue is "fair." This thread should be called "how to make rogues totally op in pvp" :)

Or maybe we could do this *looks at gun*: how about just slapping on a 2 second invulnerability to the razor shield? Like maybe, the daggers are spinning to fast for anything to get in and it is absorbed in the vacuum created by the razors:)
:banana: xD gotta love bananas

ucaflaeba
02-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Still not gonna post your character?

Sts really needs to ban this guy for excessive flaming on all of guns threads...

Who's flaming right now? Oh I see, so you're OP fellow twinker. That's why you're attacking me LoL. Just report me if I do something wrong, I beg you please..

ucaflaeba
02-27-2013, 10:50 PM
Guys gun made this thread for discussing future attributes for the rogue class so lets keep it that way... All is forgiving this thread wasn't meant for flaming; was meant for a new epic rogue skill so lets talk about that instead plz :) thx :)
:banana:

If you read my post, I do speak on topic..
If rogues want shield then take away the 1 shot away. Sounds fair?

Seriously even reading the first post made me laugh, you want to be a ninja?? :D

ucaflaeba
02-27-2013, 10:57 PM
Although like Eric said on the first page, rogues would literally be invincible if they had a re-directing ability... As gun made quite clear in the first few posts, this thread was to make pvp more "fair". I personally don't see how rogues being invincible and other classes literally killing themselves when they try to attack the rogue is "fair." This thread should be called "how to make rogues totally op in pvp" :)

Or maybe we could do this *looks at gun*: how about just slapping on a 2 second invulnerability to the razor shield? Like maybe, the daggers are spinning to fast for anything to get in and it is absorbed in the vacuum created by the razors:)
:banana: xD gotta love bananas

THIS...

I will then make a thread..

"New skill for mage/warr similar to rogues aimed shot"

Please devs give us skill like rogues have. I want to kill in one shot. I played too much twink and its really hard for me to realize that I can't own so much in endgame PVP. please devs, I wanna be a ninja...

Heiki
02-27-2013, 11:43 PM
Uca don't bother, these guys are all playing twink and have an inflated ego from owning noobs.

FYI, Uca is a VERY good mage most of you guys wouldn't touch if you ever dared to lvl to cap.

So stop being so defensive and stop making useless threads about asking rogues to be godmode.

D-:
02-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Let him post his character then.

GoodSyntax
02-28-2013, 10:06 AM
@xbuddyjosh

Dude, you were tooling me up last night!!! Wish I had something that resembled a team....but alas, I digress.

Late shielding and terrific use of stuns are what separates good Sorcs from mediocre ones. If I could have 2 seconds of immunity to fireball/lightning and/or wait out your shields invincibility, I just think that it would be too much for Sorcs to overcome.

The greatest challenge that a Rogue has to deal with is timing when to launch their skills (because we have such a small mana pool). With both Sorcs and Warriors throwing up invincibility shields, if we time our skills wrong, we waste mana and don't do any damage. Add in that the other two classes has a bunch of stun and snare abilities, we Rogues have to rely heavily on timing, surprise and tactics.

I think PvP is fairly balanced right now, with the exception of wolf-pack Warriors buffing shields on eachother. Each class has a fair chance of killing an opponent if they are skilled and know what they are doing. To add in another capability would just destabilize a system that is just beginning to show some balance.

@ucaflaeba

The high damage Aimed Shot skill is there for a reason...Rogues have no shield, a single stun, no real snaring ability (we have traps but they are essentially useless in PvP), low armor, low HP and low mana. At best we may be able to get off two or three charged Aimed Shots before we run out of mana. Once out of mana, Rogues don't have any means of survival besides a lucky crit on a charged auto-attack.

And not for nothing, I'm sure you have read about the "glitch" that STS said they fixed but really didn't. If a Warrior critting 100% on Windmill for 1500+ damage per spin isn't akin to a one-hit shot, I don't know what is. Think about it, Warriors have high health, high armor, self healing (with Heal over time), shields, stuns and the potential for incredible damage.

Sorcerers can spec for max damage and already have the highest DPS in game. They also have a myriad of stun and snare abilities for crowd control. Sorcs have shielding and a combination of Fireball + Lightning can wipe an entire group.

Rogues have no AoE skills, no crowd control ability and are just plain squishy. I seriously don't understand why everyone complains about the Rogues Aimed Shot when the reality is, they can be defeated easily by the other two classes. Rogues are superior single target classes and are most effective in a surprise/sneak attack. Similar to thief classes in other MMOs a Rogue will simply not survive a direct confrontation against any type of group.

ucaflaeba
02-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Let him post his character then.

So you could compare my Kills with your rogue? LoL...
Which is a twink rogue, LMAO..

Its just like comparing an apple to an orange..

If you have a bit more intelegence, you really won't compare an apple to an orange..

But if you compare my kills with other sorcerers who is not twink, well I'm way above average :D And I play fair from my android phone, no google chrome, no scripts, etc..

uzidredar
02-28-2013, 10:27 AM

But if you compare my kills with other sorcerers who is not twink, well I'm way above average :D And I play fair from my android phone, no google chrome, no scripts, etc..

I can attest to this. Uca trashed me and others fair and square when we were same level

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ucaflaeba
02-28-2013, 10:42 AM
I can attest to this. Uca trashed me and others fair and square when we were same level

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Maybe its just one of my lucky day :)
Oh I forgot to add..
I also don't farm, and I don't kill ungeared noobs :D

ucaflaeba
02-28-2013, 10:50 AM
Uca don't bother, these guys are all playing twink and have an inflated ego from owning noobs.

FYI, Uca is a VERY good mage most of you guys wouldn't touch if you ever dared to lvl to cap.

So stop being so defensive and stop making useless threads about asking rogues to be godmode.

Wow thanks, I'll take that as a compliment, I didn't play much after the cap, so I'm not capped no more. I'm still lv21 LoL..

D-:
02-28-2013, 12:22 PM

Its just like comparing an apple to an orange..

If you have a bit more intelegence, you really won't compare an apple to an orange..

I'm not gonna compare, I just wanna see the guy that "trashes" everyone. :)

Bless
02-28-2013, 01:24 PM
@the uca person

If u really think ur godly get yo arse down to twink l16. Just cuz were twinks doesnt mean we suck or arent good in 1v1s. I swear ill beat u n if i dont ill quit AL. Yall endgamers r just talk no show. All talk no show. All talk no show. Accept the challenge if u really think u own endgame.

Btw twinking is a form of pvp and its the same in endgame, whoever has the best skill and gear wins so stop indirecting that twinking doesnt require skill.

D-:
02-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Ik he thinks at endgame there's no "ungeared" noobs, when people that were 21 at the cap, some had no endgame armor.

ucaflaeba
02-28-2013, 04:30 PM
@the uca person

If u really think ur godly get yo arse down to twink l16. Just cuz were twinks doesnt mean we suck or arent good in 1v1s. I swear ill beat u n if i dont ill quit AL. Yall endgamers r just talk no show. All talk no show. All talk no show. Accept the challenge if u really think u own endgame.

Btw twinking is a form of pvp and its the same in endgame, whoever has the best skill and gear wins so stop indirecting that twinking doesnt require skill.

Hello there, how are you? :D

Well twink does require (less) skill.. :)

If you want to fight me naked(weapon only), then I'll make a new toon to fight you. Cause I won't spend 350k-500k in equipments just to own noobs that barely have gold just to buy pots..LoL..and no pets also, I don't want to waste my gold either.

Have fun killing with your twink that have full legendaries, VS the beginners who probably only had damaged helmet, splintered stick, nails of acumen etc..LoL..oh and ofcourse basic pets like guapo..LMAO..

ucaflaeba
02-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Ik he thinks at endgame there's no "ungeared" noobs, when people that were 21 at the cap, some had no endgame armor.

Do you think I have endgame armour? Demonlords?? Not at all..
I even have some lv20 equipped..

Xbuddyjosh
02-28-2013, 04:37 PM

I have three twinks however they don't get any use... Ask many formers I can nearly always be found in endgame mage or rogue pvp(usually mage*) I prefer endgame however i will say: twinking requires very much skill as bless said... In some cases u could accurately say it is harder to twink...

Xbuddyjosh
02-28-2013, 04:42 PM
And btw uca - nowadays there are often more twinks in a match than beginners (dont wanna say noobs bcuz some of them are fairly good :))

ucaflaeba
02-28-2013, 05:11 PM
I have three twinks however they don't get any use... Ask many formers I can nearly always be found in endgame mage or rogue pvp(usually mage*) I prefer endgame however i will say: twinking requires very much skill as bless said... In some cases u could accurately say it is harder to twink...

Harder? By what means you can say it harder? I really want to know. Please elaborate.
If its harder then why most of top5 PVP kills are twink if I'm not mistaken, haven't check leaderboards since I got my exterminator banner :D. Even yolo(gundamsone) admitted that he's killing ungeared noobs..

ucaflaeba
02-28-2013, 05:17 PM
And btw uca - nowadays there are often more twinks in a match than beginners (dont wanna say noobs bcuz some of them are fairly good :))

"Often", it means not always, on cap you will always have at least decent opponent I might say.

"Fairly", it means not quite good, or not good enough.

Nough said..

Bless
02-28-2013, 05:28 PM

Harder? By what means you can say it harder? I really want to know. Please elaborate.
If its harder then why most of top5 PVP kills are twink if I'm not mistaken, haven't check leaderboards since I got my exterminator banner :D. Even yolo(gundamsone) admitted that he's killing ungeared noobs.. but if ur chatting crap about twinks who "kill noobs" not everybody in endgame has best gear either - heck only 20% do... like I said, if ur not a twink then dont go saying we all kill scrubs. Chicken to make a twink? Id lend you mage gear but i wouldnt trust u. Some of twinks kill noobs doesnt mean all do so stop hatin, get out of the basement, go outside and breathe some fresh air bud... and btw we dont fight noobs, 3/5 gamee i go in there is atleast one person higherr lvl than me.

ucaflaeba
02-28-2013, 05:40 PM
but if ur chatting crap about twinks who "kill noobs" not everybody in endgame has best gear either - heck only 20% do... like I said, if ur not a twink then dont go saying we all kill scrubs. Chicken to make a twink? Id lend you mage gear but i wouldnt trust u. Some of twinks kill noobs doesnt mean all do so stop hatin, get out of the basement, go outside and breathe some fresh air bud... and btw we dont fight noobs, 3/5 gamee i go in there is atleast one person higherr lvl than me.

I don't have best gear, I don't have demonlords, I don't even have colton. I only use wrathjaw that I bought for 2000k when they are still cheap. I even only have 53k gold on my account LoL...
Trust me I'm no chicken at all, lend me your legendaries, let the forums be the witness. I'll take your challenge. I only need 14 skillpoint so I will face your lv16 rogue with my lv15 mage that I will make soon. Deal?

Bless
02-28-2013, 06:14 PM
but if ur chatting crap about twinks who "kill noobs" not everybody in endgame has best gear either - heck only 20% do... like I said, if ur not a twink then dont go saying we all kill scrubs. Chicken to make a twink? Id lend you mage gear but i wouldnt trust u. Some of twinks kill noobs doesnt mean all do so stop hatin, get out of the basement, go outside and breathe some fresh air bud... and btw we dont fight noobs, 3/5 gamee i go in there is atleast one person higherr lvl than me.

I don't have best gear, I don't have demonlords, I don't even have colton. I only use wrathjaw that I bought for 2000k when they are still cheap. I even only have 53k gold on my account LoL...
Trust me I'm no chicken at all, lend me your legendaries, let the forums be the witness. I'll take your challenge. I only need 14 skillpoint so I will face your lv16 rogue with my lv15 mage that I will make soon. Deal? kk what toon shall i add

gundamsone
02-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Even yolo(gundamsone) admitted that he's killing ungeared noobs..
You made a big mistake saying that. I actually posted that, realized my wording was off and deleted it within minutes so my guess is the ONLY PERSON who can remember such a small detail from an old deleted locked thread is probably the same person who was hate targeting me on that thread.

& why are you hate targeting me? l15/16 is a much more fairer playing field than what the mythic twink guild is doing down at l10. How come you chose not to post on that thread? and only after me?

I will report you and have a dev check into you. I suggest you stop making new forum accs to hate target a player. The end result will not be pretty.

Bootdaddy
02-28-2013, 10:11 PM
I declare a winner ^

Marrypoppins
02-28-2013, 11:24 PM

Just wanna point out how lame you sound in all fairness. Gun is by far and away one of the best sts pvp players there is. I know this cause I have been around sts games for several years. Please know who your talking about before you open your mouth via a keyboard lol guessing he'd own ya 1-1 in al dl sl and I'm certain pl! Thanks

ucaflaeba
03-01-2013, 06:28 AM
You made a big mistake saying that. I actually posted that, realized my wording was off and deleted it within minutes so my guess is the ONLY PERSON who can remember such a small detail from an old deleted locked thread is probably the same person who was hate targeting me on that thread.

& why are you hate targeting me? l15/16 is a much more fairer playing field than what the mythic twink guild is doing down at l10. How come you chose not to post on that thread? and only after me?

I will report you and have a dev check into you. I suggest you stop making new forum accs to hate target a player. The end result will not be pretty.

Yeah you said what you said and edited it to "lesser geared noobs".

You know what? The game is not my life, I'm even still lv21. So if you have the ability to ban me whatsoever(which you dont) ill welcome you..LoL..

"End result would not be pretty?" Wow you watched too many movies man, Should I be scared by now?

FYI this is my only forum acc..

ucaflaeba
03-01-2013, 06:36 AM
Just wanna point out how lame you sound in all fairness. Gun is by far and away one of the best sts pvp players there is. I know this cause I have been around sts games for several years. Please know who your talking about before you open your mouth via a keyboard lol guessing he'd own ya 1-1 in al dl sl and I'm certain pl! Thanks

Yeah okay, please devs give this gundam NINJA, his new invulnerability skill.
But please give it only to him cause other rogues have no problem in getting kills in PVP, hence rogues are the top PVP kill leaders.
Please give the skill to his character only, I'm sure the devs can sort it out.

Thank you.

ucaflaeba
03-01-2013, 06:38 AM
I declare a winner ^

Me? Thank you.. :D

Cero
03-01-2013, 06:47 AM
lol,so hot in here.

inb4

ucaflaeba
03-01-2013, 07:07 AM
lol,so hot in here.

inb4

LoL, they're hot. I'm chillin and laughing :D

gundamsone
03-01-2013, 07:14 AM
Thread closed

D-:
03-01-2013, 05:57 PM
But I just commented on it...

ColdBlahd
09-22-2014, 09:52 AM
Same.

ColdBlahd
09-22-2014, 09:53 AM
uca wins.

GoodSyntax
09-22-2014, 12:35 PM
This is not how you get the Arcane Nekro....

The last post on this thread was 18 months ago!!!

Bless
09-22-2014, 01:29 PM
He was right; “The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity." ― Harlan Ellison