PDA

View Full Version : lifegiver aggro

tartonis71
02-26-2013, 10:26 PM
I am pretty new to the game so I am still learning. I have been trying different skill sets while leveling in wt4 from 25 to level 26. I can melt mobs into oblivion with mass aoe spells with zero aggro but if I heal the group just once I am instantly beat to death by the mobs. Seems like a waste of time to even use the lifegiver spell at all so I respecced to shield instead. Just curious what is the point of ever using a heal spell at all as a sorcerer? Also should I just drop shield too and add another damage spell or curse ? Would like to hear from end gamers on this issue as I will only be running elite levels when I hit 26. Thanks!

SouLBlizzard
02-26-2013, 11:12 PM
Yes,I was just about to make a topic about this too.Seem like lifegiver can make agro.I have tested it with just using lifegiver skill.Think its a bug.For now,when a rogue or warrior asking for heal,I will just cast shield or run back after cast livegiver.

drgrimmy
02-27-2013, 04:14 AM
Yeah it has always been like this. When following others and running through mobs to the boss
on elite levels never, ever cast lifegiver or else you will die.

Drizzt Lee
02-27-2013, 12:02 PM
If ur lifesaver have health mana regen buffs, healing ur party will result in aggro for u if your party run off immediately to fight. the buffs on them will aggro the mobs to you so I purposely spec my lifesaver without the regen buffs (the amt is pathetic IMO)

Even when ur lifesaver dun have the health and mana regen buffs, u should only heal ur party when they are not surrounded by mobs unless the warrior or rogue are doing their aoe skills to aggro all the mobs to them over ur heal.

When fighting boss though, feel free to heal ur party coz half the time the boss will be very occupied by the high damage dealing rogues to bother about u, tat is unless ur party's warriors or rogues' dps are too pathetic.

SouLBlizzard
02-27-2013, 12:47 PM
But whatever the reason is,we arent suppose to do agro.We are not tank.If it is a bug,I really appreaciate if devs team fix it soon.

tartonis71
02-27-2013, 03:33 PM
I use to play eq1 eq2 a long time ago guess I have to rethink how aggro works with arcane legends. Brought back lifegiver and have been practicing the timing think I have it down now. Still feels like it over draws aggro but I'm living through it.

Energizeric
03-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Yeah I've been noticing this for the first time. I used to almost never use pots, but now I'm afraid to use lifegiver since I always end up having the boss come after me, so I just use pots. Kind of defeats the purpose of having lifegiver.

Caiahar
03-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Yeah, because how Kraken elite is hard, life is almost a must, tho sometimes the enemies get angry at me for healing and attack me.

Excuses
03-14-2013, 12:44 AM
So. Is this a glitch? Or meant to be?

I wonder....

Seems not fair for a little nice mage to have aggro.

meanakric
03-14-2013, 12:50 AM
Read here in 15# post by STS Dev:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89734-Sorcerer-Useful-Now-Maybe

"This is not a bug, healing health of any kind does result in extra hate from enemies. Life giver or other spells included, but you may never notice depending on the tanks effectiveness."

Excuses
03-24-2013, 12:59 AM
Read here in 15# post by STS Dev:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89734-Sorcerer-Useful-Now-Maybe

" but you may never notice depending on the tanks effectiveness."

Puhaha.
This made me laugh out loud.
I die because of it all the time....

swexcist
03-24-2013, 05:56 AM
Ye m2.. just silly imo. I mean they want us to be a "support" class but when we heal in lets say ss elite we get insta melted. Another problem that i have noticed is, if i die in ss elite, ress and drop a clock on the mobs, they insta turn on me. Shouldnt i be last in aggro list? Or is it just random who the mobs attack or an aggro reset each 5 seconds?? Anyone know...

Energizeric
03-24-2013, 10:50 AM
I've completely stopped using lifegiver in elite south seas until the boss comes out. With the mobs if I try to use it to heal myself I'll end up dead. Better off to use pots until the mobs are dead. At the boss I don't mind using it because warriors/rogues are usually able to hold aggro from the boss.

SkullCrusher
03-24-2013, 03:30 PM
The only reason you are experiencing this is because you're not playing with a good tank.
Good tanks would draw the attention/aggro from you onto them so you could still heal.
Most tanks just don't do their job( tanking ) now-a-days.

Caiahar
03-24-2013, 08:16 PM
The only reason you are experiencing this is because you're not playing with a good tank.
Good tanks would draw the attention/aggro from you onto them so you could still heal.

Well, im playing with THREE other tanks in southern seas....my life still gets aggro and I die. Three of them are really good tanks.

Energizeric
03-25-2013, 01:05 AM

I find what you say to be true when there are just a few mobs, or if it's the boss we are fighting. But when there are a couple of dozen mobs, it doesn't seem to work that way. The mobs come after me no matter who I'm playing with.

swexcist
03-25-2013, 03:27 AM
As energ above say. This include timeshift and fireball for me asweell as lifegiver

Bullox
03-30-2013, 05:54 AM
Yesterday i run Elite with a Sorc and my Warri. I have the Windmill Taunt and the HoR taunt.
I cant hold the Aggro against Sorcs heal.
The Sorc died, im fighting, he comes back...healed...and had the Aggro from one or two enemies....thats really crap..
It feels like lifegiver gains better Aggro than the Warri taunt...lol
That happened in Elite Rook's Nest.

Excuses
03-30-2013, 07:22 PM
So when I play as warrior, I let mage heal first then use HOR to shield on him. (Lifegiver heals all party's health and mana nearly full, and my HoR is just shield use.)
This makes better protection on him, but still sometimes they die after a while, which means, mage's lifegiver gets more aggro than tank's HoR....

Shame on warriors. Why is this like this?

Deadroth
04-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Hi!

Lifegiver grants more AGGRO than Horn of Renew ( Without taunt upgrade )

With taunt upgrade Horn of renew will grant more AGGRO than Lifegiver.

Booya!
Dead :)

muinnusa
04-07-2013, 09:48 PM
hmm, thats why I always chased by mobs everytime I use it, and dead. :(
so, lifegiver is lifetaker eh. :/

Deadroth
04-10-2013, 09:30 AM

Beautiful words :)

So... Lifegiver is completely usefull... But now is a dillemma... Which skill to pick :D Fire, Frost, Time... And there should be life... but no.. because it "SUCK" by big "S"... There is another problem... Sucky sorc skills :D

Arief Adhie M
04-12-2013, 10:13 AM

Beautiful words :)

So... Lifegiver is completely usefull... But now is a dillemma... Which skill to pick :D Fire, Frost, Time... And there should be life... but no.. because it "SUCK" by big "S"... There is another problem... Sucky sorc skills :D

Hahaha LoL. Yeah lifegiver is a lifetaker. Because when you heal you allies, all enemies will attacked at you. But if you pro's enough you will stay alive. It will help your allies to kill the enemies before the enemies catch your allies again. Hehe..
Fire, Frost and time :D for PVE. Maxed your level and respec after got max. Hehehe

tartonis71
04-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Just remove the regen components of the skill and the problem is solved. Use the two skill points in dex instead :). All people really want is the mama heal anyway.

tartonis71
04-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Err mana not mama hah!

Alhuntrazeck
04-14-2013, 12:58 AM
^^lol...anyway. like swex said, mages are meant to be a support class. wat's the point of supporting others with lifegiver which heals them almost completely when you die instantly? I still use Lifegiver for my suicidal solo runs and in boss fights, but this should be repaired :(

Effervesce
04-15-2013, 12:26 PM
I used to get aggro for heal but during that last weekend of respecs I added straight heal and mana option - but not the regenerating heal or regenerating mana. I now never get aggro from heal and I heal all the time in all zones regular and elite with known warriors and in pickup groups. Your mileage may vary but the straight heal and mana without regenerating heal/mana is great for me.