PDA

View Full Version : Drops seems so impossible now, not like before

<Arcanes Finest Rebelz>
02-27-2013, 02:41 AM
Been doing hundred elite runs and other runs, not one pink item, I do have alot of elite or regular chests, but seems so impossible...earlier in game was fun with great drops always doing elite....now days you have to depend on auction and spend alot with little gold u make to get good items....

Like to add to is new expansion is fun and all, but for dead city with no EXP even if your lvl 25/26 it sucks...still wanna be able to play there when I'm bored at karaken isles giving up after doing thousands of runs in elite and regular runs with no drops...

And elite in new expansion is Impossible, just doing windmore harbor elite I was like...this ain't happening, it will take an hour to do this elite map and I still have a slight chance of drops...

Don't get me wrong I really love this game, i prefer this than wow...I gave up xbox for this game, but everything seems impossible now in this game and always have to depend on alot of gold and platinum, I believe I spend over $300 playing this game since it came out...

In short version, make game little more easier, have good better chanes of drops to make things more exciting and auctions might go up by doing so, have EXP for last expansion in dead city for high lvls and keep doing your best...

My recommendations: to make game much more awesome...I was guild master for 3 pro guilds Arcanes finest, Arcanes finest REBELZ and now killz with style...wish do have more verities for guild halls, more promotion lvls high than officer, and just continue making game the finest, thank you

-mjramosbuilt

Mysticaleagle
02-27-2013, 05:03 AM
I love how Mythic helmets are really rare.

Keep it that way.

SkyDagger
02-27-2013, 05:05 AM
Patience and more challenge to a player. :D

GoodSyntax
02-27-2013, 08:44 AM
I don't really mind that STS nerfed the drop rates, but I think that they nerfed it a bit too hard.

Prior to the new expansion, I thought that the drop rates were a bit high (especially for items like Loki eggs or Elite Banded Chests), but now, I rarely get chests and when I do, it only contains junk.

I haven't received a pink since the expansion - and that's with luck elixirs going and some heavy farming.

IMHO - drop rates between where it was and where it is now would be more appropriate, because, I have no intention of farming elite Kraken Isles with their hour long runs and terrible drop rates. I would have more luck (and probably more income) from farming Elite Jarl and Elite Tower.

CosmoxKramer
02-27-2013, 08:58 AM
yep, i've been doing elites and the best i got was a purple item, not even a chest. Then i go and buy about 5 silver and gold elite pirate chests and get nothing but greens and purples. I even got more greens than purples in my gold chests. That is just wrong.

The reason i play mobile MMOs now is because i can't afford the time commit for a full MMO. i think a run geared towards being 10-20 minutes is spot on for the game. Anything longer just stops being fun. I have been shopping around the iOS store to find something else to do now because low XP per kill (with 50% elix) and higher XP needed per level coupled with the bad drop rates is pushing me away. guess i'll check out the FFIV that recently came out.

Drizzt Lee
02-27-2013, 10:46 AM
yep, i've been doing elites and the best i got was a purple item, not even a chest. Then i go and buy about 5 silver and gold elite pirate chests and get nothing but greens and purples. I even got more greens than purples in my gold chests. That is just wrong.

The reason i play mobile MMOs now is because i can't afford the time commit for a full MMO. i think a run geared towards being 10-20 minutes is spot on for the game. Anything longer just stops being fun. I have been shopping around the iOS store to find something else to do now because low XP per kill (with 50% elix) and higher XP needed per level coupled with the bad drop rates is pushing me away. guess i'll check out the FFIV that recently came out.

FYI, u can farm elite hately with a good group and it takes 5mins only? :D

Carapace
02-27-2013, 11:18 AM
Interestingly enough drop rates are actually almost completely in line with older content, but the perception that drops were nerfed comes from the fact that Elites are taking a lot more investment and time to run and thus dropping loot at around 1/20th the rate they were. Less people farming the content effectively means less loot on the CS, for trade, etc.

There are positives to consider as well as just the perceived negatives. For example the value of level 26 elite legendary items that drop in the Elite dungeons is a lot higher this time around due to their scarcity, typical of supply and demand scenarios. We need to find a nice balance before we pull the gun on a flat nerf, because once the loot is in the world, there's no taking it back. Imagine the chaos if we made a mistake and Mythic helms were dropping all the time and flooding the market. Not very exciting is it? However we're also very aware that 1h40m is too long.

Don't worry guys, we are aware of these things related to current Elite content and are discussing an appropriate means to handle the situation. Mythic and Arcane drop chances will not be changing however, we like them where they are at.

GoodSyntax
02-27-2013, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the update Carapace!

To be honest, I am really, really surprised to hear that the drop rates are unchanged. I haven't received a pink (besides Locked Crates) since the expansion. I've opened a lot of chests and had many, many drops, but....nada. I've hit these dry spells before, so I am certainly not raging about it, rather just voicing my opinion that it feels that pinks don't drop at the same rate anymore in any map.

I agree that you don't want lv 26 elite pinks dropping like rain, but with some of the elite maps taking 1.5 hours (as some have claimed), there should be a higher probability of reward. Perhaps something akin to Locked Crates, where you will get some type of pink, with a low probability (3-5%?) of an elite pink. Even aggressive farmers who can bang out these long maps in 30-40 minutes wouldn't exactly flood the market.

It's just that it has become a bit disappointing to farm Rooks Nest or other maps 20 consecutive times to get a single golden chest and inside is 2 greens and a purple. This morning I got a combo elixir from Klaas (thanks BTW!) and I farmed Mariner a bunch of times, even with the re-rolls I only got one Copper and one Silver Pirate Chest (neither had any pinks). Then, out of frustration, I farmed Rooks Hideout about 20 times until my elixirs ran out, only to receive a single Locked Crate. Not much to show for an hour of continuous farming.

Prior to the expansion, I could almost count on a couple of locked crates, a Ribbit Egg, a Loki Egg and a handful of elite Silver or Gold chests (either from Elite Jarl or Elite Mardrom). The difference from then and now is a bit jarring. I thought that the drop rates were a bit high before, but now.....well, like I said, my luck hasn't been with me lately. I don't want it to rain elite pinks, but it would be nice to get a pink once in a while (even if it isn't an elite one).

Raxin
02-28-2013, 01:52 PM
I prefer ultra rarity tbh

CosmoxKramer
02-28-2013, 02:25 PM
that is what mythic/arcane are

Honestly, if they made all the Suffixes available on all Items (minus duplicating 1 stat as both main and secondary), then the really good version would be rare and they could raise the drop rate of pinks without killing the market.

Example for Sorcerers
There would be crappy pinks worth very little
Dex/Str is the main stat and the lower stat is INT
There would be moderately priced gear
INT is the main stat but the suffix is for dodge/crit/riposte, maybe even Dex/STR as main stat but the suffix is for damage/armor/warfare
There would be High priced gear
INT is the main stat but the suffix is damage/armor/warfare

don't be afraid to raise the drop rates quite a bit, but at the same time it won't kill the economy because even if your item dropped, it still has to have the most desirable suffix

GoodSyntax
02-28-2013, 02:45 PM
^^
I agree!

That's why everybody loved Alien Oasis in PL. You got lots of pinks, so it made you feel good. It's only when you went to go sell it in CS that you quickly realized that you couldn't even give them away. Either way, seeing pink in your loot is always a nice feeling.

CosmoxKramer
02-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Thanks

Especially since vendoring gear is worth nothing in this game, and is not a viable way to get gold...