PDA

View Full Version : 1v1

dudetus
02-27-2013, 07:49 AM
Hello dear mammals.

It seems quite trendy nowadays to begin FFAing (at least on forum PvP community). I'm concerned about our precious playermade fair 1v1 matches in FFA maps. This FFA trend must be stopped as FFA is not the right way to play in an intended FFA map such as Forest Fight.

Therefore I am starting a campaign to preserve our precious 1v1 as FFA only makes PvP way more enjoyable and increases our skill significantly more than 1v1 matches.

Rules and tips to follow:

1. Always fight 1v1 matches. FFA is for noobs.

2. If a rusher rushes u, remember to trash talk him and tell all of ur guildies and friends to avenge this outrageous action by teaming him 1v3.

3. As u call fights aim for lower lvled, undergeared and/or best class for u to fight with. As a bird aim for pure int mages at endgame if u are crazy enough to fight evenly lvled character as an example. Use trees and terrain for ur advantage but if ur opponent does it as well remember to call him a noob.

4. When u win remember to say "omg so easy", "damn I'm good" or something similiar. Sportsmanship is all that matters in 1v1.

5. If u happen to lose kill ur opponent afterwards. If u have lost it's because of u had lag, the opponent got lucky or something else which distracted u. It's not fair that u got lag or the opponent was lucky or u accidentally pressed wrong skills. Remember to say "omg lag/luck/*insert some other reason* noob". It's part of the sportsmanship.

5.1. If ur opponent rushes u as u get ur rightful free kill do the rule 2. Get ur friends and guildies into match and team him.

6. If u get somehow rushed/teamed and u don't have any friends or guildies on at the moment stay dead after u are killed. Call them all noobs and write their names down on paper so u remember them and leave the game. Then go cry to mommy. Afterwards tell all of ur friends and guildies to team these person/s and as u team them call the rushers noobs.

Long live 1v1, the true PvP form!

Yich
02-27-2013, 07:54 AM
I wanna help this movement, but Im not sure what "PvP" is...

Everyone'sFavMage
02-27-2013, 12:16 PM
I wanna thank this. IF YOU LOVE 1 Vs 1 join <1 Vs 1>

D-:
02-27-2013, 03:30 PM
I love this.

dudetus
02-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Help

XghostzX
02-27-2013, 04:53 PM
I'm so bad with sarcasm over text.

dudetus
02-27-2013, 08:02 PM
I'm so bad with sarcasm over text.

Stalk me and u'll learn everything about it.

Noodleleg
02-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Stalk me and u'll learn everything about it.

Sloth *ape alert.

Lady_Pebbles
02-27-2013, 08:34 PM
Im not here to troll but I wanted to point a couple things out...

Theres no such thing as rushing or rushers. That is a term created only in previous StS games. I've NEVER heard of it in any other games. No one "rushes" to anythig other than going straight to bosses in PvE maps to avoid the mobs lol.

FFA is a way to PvP in arenas such as CtF where more than two players are in said arena. The main goal of CTF is to get the enemy team's flag at your team's base -by any means neccessary-. Which is why its played in an FFA type of combat. Makes absolutely no sense in making 1v1 matches within CtF arenas.

I believe that for a truly FFA experience & for those of you who want to do 1v1 matches... I think two other arenas should be added: Death Match with King status like on DL only without teams & a 1v1 arena for the rest of you.

HOWEVER, keep in mind that wherever theres an arena of any type, there will be players who will begin in an FFA style. I.E. Not everyone waits to say "go". Once the matches start, its on like Donkey Kong! xD

Everyone'sFavMage
02-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Sloth *ape alert.

LOL btw noodle get ur matches in.

Zeus
02-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Player vs. Player

A single player vs. a single player.

Not players vs. player.

MightyMicah
02-27-2013, 09:53 PM
Dudetus- don't diss 1v1, bro. FFA is just as ridiculous now and I think everybody knows it. Until people start playing for fun, and have any kind of respect (as far as video game respect can go) for each other, both so called "1v1" and "FFA" are going to suck.

CrimsonTider
02-27-2013, 09:59 PM
I must be the only one reading the OP to understand "sarcasm." If some of you haven't figured out Dude's sense of humor by now, just don't open his threads... you might not make it out alive.

Yich
02-27-2013, 10:13 PM

Theres no such thing as rushing or rushers. That is a term created only in previous StS games. I've NEVER heard of it in any other games. No one "rushes" to anythig other than going straight to bosses in PvE maps to avoid the mobs lol.

FFA is a way to PvP in arenas such as CtF where more than two players are in said arena. The main goal of CTF is to get the enemy team's flag at your team's base -by any means neccessary-. Which is why its played in an FFA type of combat. Makes absolutely no sense in making 1v1 matches within CtF arenas.

I believe that for a truly FFA experience & for those of you who want to do 1v1 matches... I think two other arenas should be added: Death Match with King status like on DL only without teams & a 1v1 arena for the rest of you.

HOWEVER, keep in mind that wherever theres an arena of any type, there will be players who will begin in an FFA style. I.E. Not everyone waits to say "go". Once the matches start, its on like Donkey Kong! xD

<Dudetus' post>

(A mile, give or take about 20 yards)

<Your head>

XghostzX
02-27-2013, 10:17 PM
I must be the only one reading the OP to understand "sarcasm." If some of you haven't figured out Dude's sense of humor by now, just don't open his threads... you might not make it out alive.

Hiya Crim, I think I just died a little inside.

Deadbite
02-27-2013, 10:29 PM
3v1 is where it's at. 3v1 or 5v1 all day every day.

dudetus
02-28-2013, 02:30 AM
Just wanted to say that I do not have anything against 1v1. I do enjoy more having FFA type matches but I certainly am not against 1v1.

We have had large quota of these "I WILL ALWAYS FFA UR FAULT IF U ARE ON MY GAME" statements which are sort of radical manouvers as no one shouldn't be forcing anyone for FFA unwillingly. This is sort of radical counterpart for extremist FFAers.

floats
02-28-2013, 05:09 AM
+1 on the starting part (dear mammals troll), i think everyone agrees on this or mostly.

MightyMicah
02-28-2013, 06:15 AM
Just wanted to say that I do not have anything against 1v1. I do enjoy more having FFA type matches but I certainly am not against 1v1.

We have had large quota of these "I WILL ALWAYS FFA UR FAULT IF U ARE ON MY GAME" statements which are sort of radical manouvers as no one shouldn't be forcing anyone for FFA unwillingly. This is sort of radical counterpart for extremist FFAers.

Unlike what some people think, I caught the humor. However, most humor is usually associated with an opinion one way or another. For instance, I've joked about how gay fbows are before. Even though I'm joking, I still think they're gay. I assumed it was the same way here.

Maybe it just wasn't very funny, or maybe my sense of humor just sucks.

dudetus
03-01-2013, 04:37 PM
Unlike what some people think, I caught the humor. However, most humor is usually associated with an opinion one way or another. For instance, I've joked about how gay fbows are before. Even though I'm joking, I still think they're gay. I assumed it was the same way here.

It's true that I prefer FFA type of matches instead of 1v1, but as I said earlier I do not have anything against 1v1 and this indeed is just an extremist counterpart for "ILL FFA U ALL". U can ask anyone that I am not an all out FFAer or 1v1er. I do them both quite evenly :p.

Nope, ur humor doesn't suck as this is only a matter of opinion. We may have same religion, citizenship, etc. but our opinions on different matters are unique and those opinions make every single one of us the ones who we truly are.

CrimsonTider
03-01-2013, 04:44 PM

It seems as if we need to look at the various stages of humor. In a recent study, conducted by NoOneEver, we can see how sarcasm is the most rare and difficult form of humor to understand:

Sarcasm<-------Flirtatious Humor<------Ha Ha, I Get It Humor<-------Belly Laugh/Pee In Pants Humor<-------Dumb and Dumber.

Mr. Dudetus provides a difficult and alarming type of humor only Darwinian monkeys and sea turtles understand completely. Therefore, it is understandable to see how forumers become confused and take a serious tone with this vast usage of intellectual, and sometimes NOT funny, use of humor.

Good day.

:)

dudetus
03-01-2013, 05:55 PM
It seems as if we need to look at the various stages of humor. In a recent study, conducted by NoOneEver, we can see how sarcasm is the most rare and difficult form of humor to understand:

Sarcasm<-------Flirtatious Humor<------Ha Ha, I Get It Humor<-------Belly Laugh/Pee In Pants Humor<-------Dumb and Dumber.

Mr. Dudetus provides a difficult and alarming type of humor only Darwinian monkeys and sea turtles understand completely. Therefore, it is understandable to see how forumers become confused and take a serious tone with this vast usage of intellectual, and sometimes NOT funny, use of humor.

Good day.

Well said my assistant!

I need u to re-schedule my appointments for tomorrow afternoon. As an assistant logistic redolutions manager I am a busy man.

CrimsonTider
03-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Well said my assistant!

I need u to re-schedule my appointments for tomorrow afternoon. As an assistant logistic redolutions manager I am a busy man.

Done. I will inform Will you are no longer participating in his tourney. Oh wait.... nevermind. :)

dudetus
03-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Done. I will inform Will you are no longer participating in his tourney. Oh wait.... nevermind. :)

Ohhhh u meanie

MightyMicah
03-01-2013, 08:31 PM

Good day.

What? Sarcasm is technically the lowest form of humor.

Wait, your post was sarcastic. Ok I get it.

Dreuefesie
03-01-2013, 08:52 PM

Exactly, as I have been leveling my noob bird I have been trying out the different PVP levels. I have been into a lot of CTF matches (with equal teams) and been called a rusher.

After kindly explaining to everyone what CtF stands for and that the aim of the game is to work with your team, whether it be blue or red, to steal five flags before the other team does. Some people don't understand or don't care, I don't know.

Sometimes I just walk straight passed everyone and start scoring flags, which I find very funny.

angeldawn
03-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Hello dear mammals.

It seems quite trendy nowadays to begin FFAing (at least on forum PvP community). I'm concerned about our precious playermade fair 1v1 matches in FFA maps. This FFA trend must be stopped as FFA is not the right way to play in an intended FFA map such as Forest Fight.

Therefore I am starting a campaign to preserve our precious 1v1 as FFA only makes PvP way more enjoyable and increases our skill significantly more than 1v1 matches.

Rules and tips to follow:

1. Always fight 1v1 matches. FFA is for noobs.

2. If a rusher rushes u, remember to trash talk him and tell all of ur guildies and friends to avenge this outrageous action by teaming him 1v3.

3. As u call fights aim for lower lvled, undergeared and/or best class for u to fight with. As a bird aim for pure int mages at endgame if u are crazy enough to fight evenly lvled character as an example. Use trees and terrain for ur advantage but if ur opponent does it as well remember to call him a noob.

4. When u win remember to say "omg so easy", "damn I'm good" or something similiar. Sportsmanship is all that matters in 1v1.

5. If u happen to lose kill ur opponent afterwards. If u have lost it's because of u had lag, the opponent got lucky or something else which distracted u. It's not fair that u got lag or the opponent was lucky or u accidentally pressed wrong skills. Remember to say "omg lag/luck/*insert some other reason* noob". It's part of the sportsmanship.

5.1. If ur opponent rushes u as u get ur rightful free kill do the rule 2. Get ur friends and guildies into match and team him.

6. If u get somehow rushed/teamed and u don't have any friends or guildies on at the moment stay dead after u are killed. Call them all noobs and write their names down on paper so u remember them and leave the game. Then go cry to mommy. Afterwards tell all of ur friends and guildies to team these person/s and as u team them call the rushers noobs.

Long live 1v1, the true PvP form!

Lol behave :)

Kixxler
03-01-2013, 11:15 PM

purple text makes me dizzy

XghostzX
03-01-2013, 11:24 PM

Will reporting here, over.

What's the sit-rep with noob Dudetus? Over.

Itoopeo
03-02-2013, 02:36 AM
AL and DL PvPs are designed to be ffa. In PL its easy to just start ffa by killing whole opponet team and then keep attacking. In SL cant do that because you need at least 20 seconds to kill someone and over minute for commandos.

Yich
03-02-2013, 01:21 PM
sit

Someone say my IGN?