PDA

View Full Version : DPS vs. Damage

Aleetcherbone
02-27-2013, 03:45 PM
I am a 23 rogue and have battled between using a bow and blades...the blades give me better dps while the bow does better damage, which is better? Damage or DPS?

wvhills
02-27-2013, 03:49 PM
if ur looking for pure damage dealt then blades are better because they do AOE on regular attack.

Jackyll
02-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Its all depends on your playing style, but from what limited knowledge of rouges I have, DMG is more important and you skill set changes depending on bow or blades as well. I am not 100% and could be wrong, but I know your DPS is delegated by your DMG and attack spd.

GoodSyntax
02-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Bow, with it's increase base DMG stat will yield much better crit damage with Aimed Shot.

Personally, I like the bow better. I wish there was a way to quickly swap equips on the HUD - so Bow for ranged attack, Blades in Melee.

X29798
02-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Bow, with it's increase base DMG stat will yield much better crit damage with Aimed Shot.

Personally, I like the bow better. I wish there was a way to quickly swap equips on the HUD - so Bow for ranged attack, Blades in Melee.

I would like to switch from bow to blades in game for mobs and bosses. Would help when mobs jump out when fighting bosses.

I prefer damage and bow, only works if you use 3 high attack skills.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Ruejade
02-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Well...if you're rich, ALP owns.. If you can't afford a lifethief, then go bow for the dmg.

Spyce
02-27-2013, 08:05 PM
In my opinion go with the bow.
You can get more kills.

Jessicazx
02-28-2013, 04:34 AM
beelaaadesss

GoodSyntax
02-28-2013, 08:58 AM
Well, personally, I like the bow for the range and high damage, but if you are farming low level elite bosses (like Jarl), high DPS would be more effective.

I consistently get better times on Elite Jarl when using LifeThief/HeartSeekers than with a bow. Unlike PvP fights and normal bosses, you can't one or two hit elite bosses, so doing twice the damage in the same amount of time really does make a difference.