PDA

View Full Version : Yet another AO3 farming thraed... BUT

Arterra
09-29-2010, 03:01 PM
instead of "ooo lets make teams! but i will never edit them in!" or "i wonder what..." i want to discuss future AO3 team tactics.

I do not want to be in noob team.

Do not.

reasonable tactics include:

1)having all three classes in party. (stuns, heals and... um, dps+stackable armor break?) simply cannot fail if the player knows his character.

2)Smart gear. one person carries a djin spear in so as to capitalize on the armor-debuff proc. if you have a mage, use a AOE staff for mobs. just try using weapons with procs, like shock lances (-15 armor) or djin wands (nightmare proc). all spears/tridents/lances seem to have -15 armor proc (BUT tridents and spears can stack these procs, max to -45 armor) I cannot think of archer weapon procs... though if you can use any dagger for bleed (dot). risky, but profitable. practice switching equip modes.

3)push/pull. do. not. push. mobs. into. stronger. mobs. punto. GOLDEN-GUYS ARE NASTY TOGETHER.

4)combo away!
-if you see ice, wait for a stomp, and if none come, THEN fire away (i think shatter is stronger than fireblast combo).
-if you see roots, LIGHTNING.
-hellscream and nightmare go well together.
-archers, u can shatter-scream mobs and then blast them away.
also, for combos using roots/ice/stomp/screams/nightmare/etc, did you now if a warrior uses pull first you can get a lot more for the same amount of mana?

READ IT!!! tl;dr is NOT A OPTION for NOOBS

Arterra
10-06-2010, 04:48 PM
:bumb:

also new general tactic TALK B4 BOSS...

Vyvin
10-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Can iz join?
U know me I know my stuff!
/Vyvin

Snakespeare
10-06-2010, 05:31 PM
I got so used to not seeing lightning after my roots I stopped. Then this morning, yay, somebody said, birdie please root. We kicked butt after that.

Yes, great ideas, Arterra.

Oh yeah, add this;

Don't stomp until after the combos, please. I hate it when the bear pulls them in a tight group, I scream, then he stomps just before my Blast Shot. Wait, please.

Or maybe talk things over at the start of the map.