PDA

View Full Version : What's your highest fireball Dmg?

JaytB
02-27-2013, 11:34 PM
In my quest to get the maximum amount of (skill) damage out of my mage, I decided to make this topic.

As some of you might now, skill damage is directly coupled to the Dmg stat in on your stats sheet. I wish more people understood that high skill damage comes from the Dmg stat and not the dps stat. High dps builds usually have crappy Dmg/skill Dmg.

My maximum skill Dmg for fireball without mythic helm is: 327 Dmg

With mythic helm, it's '342' (see screenshot below)

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/5ebd6d6c0ed1ac2e2fe8cd4673215f3d_zps50fb26e4.jpg

So, I would like to know if this is the maximum you can get or is it possible to go higher? If anybody manages to go higher, I'd like to understand how to get there. Feel free to post your screenshots below (check you skill page and select the fireball skill to read the Dmg it does).

Aintgerman
02-27-2013, 11:50 PM
Is greater than mine, what's your damage?

JaytB
02-28-2013, 12:18 AM
Is greater than mine, what's your damage?

Here is a pic of my stats :)

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/84675da1974cac2c3490a68190b48e28_zps0353dff3.jpg

Cero
02-28-2013, 01:46 AM
god thats too high. do you pvp?

JaytB
02-28-2013, 02:01 AM
god thats too high. do you pvp?

My build is purely for quick elite boss kills (no shield), it would probably suck in PvP lol. But no, I don't really PvP.

Cero
02-28-2013, 09:37 AM
it seems that this is the top stats with top gears and monkey pet. am i right?

Aintgerman
02-28-2013, 10:38 AM
What ring and amulet you use? Im still using ensorcelled of brut and superb of brut..

Perroncel
02-28-2013, 11:28 AM
here my fire :( u better a lot

JaytB
02-28-2013, 11:54 AM
it seems that this is the top stats with top gears and monkey pet. am i right?

You sir, are correct. I indeed use the monkey pet. I think it's max stats, but you never know, that's why I posted this topic :)

What ring and amulet you use? Im still using ensorcelled of brut and superb of brut..

I'm using Sea captain's ring of warfare-lv25 (it gives slightly better stats than any of the 26 rings O.o), and infused brooch of assault-lv25 (again better stats than any of the 26 amulets I looked at). This is also one of the reasons I posted this topic. I think it's weird that lv25 items give me better stats than lv26 ones.

here my fire :( u better a lot

That's not bad at all! I could reach a maximum of 327 Dmg, without the mythical helm. That mythical helm added 15 points to my skill Dmg, at the cost of very little armor and health.

Perroncel
02-28-2013, 08:18 PM
My build is purely for quick elite boss kills (no shield), it would probably suck in PvP lol. But no, I don't really PvP.

go upload image ur char to "Post you Sorcerer's screenie development" thread :D

Aintgerman
02-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Yeah post it!

JaytB
03-01-2013, 01:04 AM
Yeah post it!

Done ;)

JaG8or
03-04-2013, 08:44 PM
Still Tweaking, but so far...

JaytB
03-04-2013, 10:25 PM
Still Tweaking, but so far...

Yeah, I got the same when I switched to Brutality ring and pendant. As far as I know, that's currently the max skill dmg you can get. I'd definitely be interested to know if anybody could get this higher.

Laocagrid
03-08-2013, 03:42 AM
You shoud make a PVP guide for mage <3

Bullox
03-25-2013, 04:19 PM
I catch u :)

Energizeric
03-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Jay, you can get considerably better by changing all your gear to DEX/INT. I saw a player today that had only 4 STR in his stats which is the base amount you start with. That means oracle of fatality, mythic helm, sealord wrappings of grace, and ring/amulet both "assault" types with DEX/INT. Then you would need 5/5 passive for both INT & DEX. It would be an awful build, but would give you max damage in the stat window. And if you want to get technical, you could also add 5/5 passive damage which currently doesn't show up in the stat window but apparently counts in battle.

Caiahar
03-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Jay, you can get considerably better by changing all your gear to DEX/INT. I saw a player today that had only 4 STR in his stats which is the base amount you start with. That means oracle of fatality, mythic helm, sealord wrappings of grace, and ring/amulet both "assault" types with DEX/INT. Then you would need 5/5 passive for both INT & DEX. It would be an awful build, but would give you max damage in the stat window. And if you want to get technical, you could also add 5/5 passive damage which currently doesn't show up in the stat window but apparently counts in battle.

Except with this build.....you will gain ALOT of aggro...

JaytB
03-25-2013, 08:52 PM

Yeah, played around with it during the free respec weekend. Dmg can now, since the last changes, be a nice amount higher as compared to when I posted this.

The problem is that armor and health go down so much that you'll barely be able to keep your toon alive during elite runs. I'd always go for Dmg first but if survivability goes down so much that it becomes an issue, then I prefer to deal less dmg but be able to actually finish a run without dying all the time.

But I agree, dmg can now me a nice amount higher with the right gear :)

Azepeiete
03-25-2013, 09:59 PM
Doesn't the kraken skewer of brutality exceed the oracles damage? I heard that somewhere but I'm not sure. Also has a cool proc.

JaytB
03-25-2013, 11:12 PM
Doesn't the kraken skewer of brutality exceed the oracles damage? I heard that somewhere but I'm not sure. Also has a cool proc.

Maybe with the +15int proc being active, it would come close. Sam posted pictures a while back comparing stats of the best kraken skewer vs crystal gun. The crystal gun still had some more Dmg which translates in even more skill dmg.

Staffs vs guns are a weird thing during a fight too. A staff fires in the direction you're running in, while guns don't need you to face your enemies straight on. Also range on guns is much higher, meaning you can stay in the 'safe zone' during elite runs because, let's face it, mages are the squishiest class to play with and you generally don't want to be very near a cluster of enemies. On top of that, as a dmg focused mage, you'll be spamming/charging skills almost the whole time. There isn't a lot of time to use your weapon attacks at all.

I'm speaking about PvE here btw :)

Energizeric
03-26-2013, 12:50 AM
Maybe with the +15int proc being active, it would come close. Sam posted pictures a while back comparing stats of the best kraken skewer vs crystal gun. The crystal gun still had some more Dmg which translates in even more skill dmg.

Staffs vs guns are a weird thing during a fight too. A staff fires in the direction you're running in, while guns don't need you to face your enemies straight on. Also range on guns is much higher, meaning you can stay in the 'safe zone' during elite runs because, let's face it, mages are the squishiest class to play with and you generally don't want to be very near a cluster of enemies. On top of that, as a dmg focused mage, you'll be spamming/charging skills almost the whole time. There isn't a lot of time to use your weapon attacks at all.

I'm speaking about PvE here btw :)

Yes, only when the proc is active which isn't that often. Otherwise the oracle has slightly higher damage (around 2-3 higher). But what I am unable to quantify is the armor & damage reduction procs which apparently are 100% of the time. When using the skewer it seems like I beat bosses faster if I make sure to mix in a regular attack once every 5-10 seconds. There is armor reduction going on there, but I have no idea how much.

The skewer says in its description "Reduces the armor and damage of the enemy, plus chance to proc +15 INT for 10 seconds". I just don't know how much those reductions are. The +10 INT seems to happen about 10% of the time and lasts 10 seconds. The INT proc you can see because you light on fire with blue smoke.

In terms of the math here, even if the armor reduction was only 5-10%, that would seem to be enough to make the skewer the better weapon considering the damage difference is less than 2%.

JaytB
03-26-2013, 01:26 AM
In terms of the math here, even if the armor reduction was only 5-10%, that would seem to be enough to make the skewer the better weapon considering the damage difference is less than 2%.

I don't know about the kraken skewer, but rods in general have lousy range and no targetting at all. It means that you'd have to get up close, which you generally don't want as a mostly dmg centric mage.

Then there's that proc. I wish STS would make it so that a weapon porcs when you charge it. Now it's too much of a random factor.

But yeah, it could potentially deal a little bit more dmg depending if it procs enough and if you're willing to get close enough to mobs/bosses.

Bullox
03-26-2013, 04:36 AM
Thats it with passiv Dex and New Ring :)

eugene9707
03-27-2013, 11:13 PM
Thats it with passiv Dex and New Ring :)

i've play around during the free respec and find that passive Dmg gives more dmg than passive Dex (not shown in skill , but the damage indicator says it :P )

Bullox
03-28-2013, 04:56 PM
@Eugene
Yep i think ur right but the passiv dex gives me ab out 90 health too, and i really need that for pvp :)

Mikkel Alfante
03-29-2013, 08:08 PM
WOW my highest FIREball damge is 356 but without my armor its only 349