PDA

View Full Version : PL DPS Meter Released! Now Up For Download [2/28/2013]

jgrrgth
02-28-2013, 12:43 AM
hello my name is jgrrgth AKA EFS RAMPAGE X i had made a pocket legends dps that works of 3/6/2013 The DPS Meter Is Now Up For Down Load YAY!!!!!!!!!! And No Google Chrome Needed!

i will be updating it soon

[ What It Does ]
It Reads You Your DPS That You Are Doing Including Your Skills ( The DPS On Your Avatar Page Does Not Include Your Skills )

[ Update Log]
Version 1.3 [ Newest ]: New Lay Out, Bugs Fixed, F11 For Normal Screen, F12 For Full Screen

[ Known Bugs ]
1. Check For Updates Link Might Not Work
2. Freeze ERRORS Only For a Few Secounds
3. DPS Meter Reads That You ARE Doing Damage In Towne [ Cause It Cant Find NPC's ]
4. DPS Delay Some Times
5. Script ERROR [ Cant Be Fix As Of Now ]

[ Requirements ]
1. Computer [ Sorry It's ONLY For Computer As Of Right Now ]
2. .Net Framework 4.5+ Heres The Link To That: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

[ Download ]
MediaFire Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?8ux81tjd99t22fn
Direct Download Link: http://205.196.123.192/af5pkdnwn3ig/8ux81tjd99t22fn/PL+DPS+METER+1.3.exe
It May Say It Has A Virus On It That Only Because Not That Many People Have Downloaded It Once More People Download It That Virus Messge Will Go Away

[ Picture Of The NEWEST Update Version 1.3 ]
http://gyazo.com/dec2cd171af4a7a4aac00e45753db59d.png

[ Videos ]
How To Use

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEX7JKApNi4&feature=youtu.be
NO VIRUS PROOF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og3whyv_yz8&feature=youtu.be

[ Vouch ]

I've seen the DPS Meter in action and have tested it before release for Jggrgth.
I trusted him enough to give it a try. I have not experienced any issues so far.
I am not asking any of you to do the same - The hesitation is understandable.
But please do keep in mind that he only had good intentions behind his actions and he's put his best effort into making this.

@ Jgrrgth - I've seen and heard your "typewriter" ;) go for hours working on this.
Everyone here has a right to be wary tho. They would be downloading this, fully trusting that you haven't put something sneaky in it.
Take this into account and make sure to take the comments here as advice on how to improve the meter/original post, rather than immediately being defensive. Just be patient and hopefully the devs have some feed back

As your friend, I don't want to see your hard work go to waste because of a few rash actions :)

JaytB
02-28-2013, 01:04 AM
This might just be me but somehow this all sounds fishy to me. What exactly does this 'dps meter' show or do? It's not really clear from the description. And then there is that virus warning...

jgrrgth
02-28-2013, 01:12 AM
This might just be me but somehow this all sounds fishy to me. What exactly does this 'dps meter' show or do? It's not really clear from the description. And then there is that virus warning...

Really What Do You Think DPS Means [ Damage Per Second ] It Shows How Much Damage You Are Doing *FACEPLAM* Before You Talk Think Adnd If You Read Its Not A Virus It The MediaFire Warning Since It Hasnt Been Downloaded Much

JaytB
02-28-2013, 01:31 AM
Really What Do You Think DPS Means [ Damage Per Second ] It Shows How Much Damage You Are Doing *FACEPLAM* Before You Talk Think Adnd If You Read Its Not A Virus It The MediaFire Warning Since It Hasnt Been Downloaded Much

I believe these forums are to express ones opinions in a civilized way, that's exactly what I did. No need to get all worked up about it.

Edit: Please explain how you calculate or extract enemies armor in your dps meter. Else your meter would be nothing more than simply showing the dps, which I can find in my skill page.

Waug
02-28-2013, 01:34 AM
If You Read Its Not A Virus

so what's the defination of virus?
it's hackin pl to get into it, obviously that's not permitable I guess, and u doing it on pl forums hmmmm good luck, until mods/devs c it.

JaytB
02-28-2013, 01:37 AM
it's hackin pl to get into it, obviously that's not permitable I guess, and u doing it on pl forums hmmmm good luck, until mods/devs c it.

One of the reasons I thought it sounded fishy.

jgrrgth
02-28-2013, 01:38 AM
it's hackin pl to get into it, obviously that's not permitable I guess, and u doing it on pl forums hmmmm good luck, until mods/devs c it.actually i got it apoved by admin so ha

Deathofan
02-28-2013, 01:38 AM
*FACEPLAM* Lol.

jgrrgth
02-28-2013, 01:39 AM
I believe these forums are to express ones opinions in a civilized way, that's exactly what I did. No need to get all worked up about it.

Edit: Please explain how you calculate or extract enemies armor in your dps meter. Else your meter would be nothing more than simply showing the dps, which I can find in my skill page.

i understand put that show your dps by just your weapon and stats the dps clculates that and your skills on your skill page

jgrrgth
02-28-2013, 01:41 AM
Lol.

ikr fail lol

Deathofan
02-28-2013, 01:43 AM
You should make a video on how to use and how it works. It would give some motivation for people to try it out.

Everyone'sFavMage
02-28-2013, 01:53 AM
^^^

jgrrgth
02-28-2013, 02:01 AM
^^^

ill upload a video to help you guys two videos actully about the virus and how to use the meter

Waug
02-28-2013, 02:02 AM
you got approved? lol, how, anyway time ll tell that,

what equation u used, to calculate dps, and is it base dps or dps on enemy?

jgrrgth
02-28-2013, 02:07 AM
you got approved? lol, how, anyway time ll tell that,

what equation u used, to calculate dps, and is it base dps or dps on enemy?
on enemy

jgrrgth
02-28-2013, 02:25 AM
The Videos Are Up

Suentous PO
02-28-2013, 02:26 AM
actually i got it apoved by admin so ha
Who is this "admin" and what proves its legit? If you don't think the scepticism is warranted, it makes me more skeptical.

KingFu
02-28-2013, 02:30 AM
You misspelled viurs...Now I'm skeptical...

dudetus
02-28-2013, 02:45 AM
How can we surely know that this program of urs won't do anything, idk, get our account info while we log in?

Ofc we are skeptical to download some program, putting it on before we even login. Without actual dev input that this is approved no one who has played a game over 3 years, invested around 1000 dollars for it for the duration, will download this program lightly.

razerfingers
02-28-2013, 02:52 AM
Woah, thats trippy kinda cool i watched videos didnt do it. But how is it possible to copy a whole game and then add your own stuff and still have it connect to server? Kinda cool lol.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Riccits
02-28-2013, 02:57 AM
if this is a real addon then nice done!

in WoW everyone gets measured by this, in PL this would be a nice add to see whos just sleeping and leeching and who is really playing with brain

here an example of the WoW add on "Recount":

the left number is the overall dmg, the right one r the dps

jgrrgth
02-28-2013, 03:00 AM
Woah, thats trippy kinda cool i watched videos didnt do it. But how is it possible to copy a whole game and then add your own stuff and still have it connect to server? Kinda cool lol.

I didn't copy the game it is a custom web browser with an on screen app that connects the dps meter to the server

jgrrgth
02-28-2013, 03:02 AM

in WoW everyone gets measured by this, in PL this would be a nice add to see whos just sleeping and leeching and who is really playing with brain

ty it is an addon kinda lol like I said it Is a custom web browser with the dps meter on the screen that connects to the server

imxoriginal
02-28-2013, 07:15 AM
To me it looks like some $hitty program made is Visual Basic that probably has a virus binded to it. When I get home I will be running this in a virtual machine. I'll keep you guys updated. I would advise not to download it until someone does this or runs it in a sandboxie. Don't lose your account over something stupid like this. I don't know if it works or not but ill let you guys know.

jgrrgth
02-28-2013, 07:21 AM
To me it looks like some $hitty program made is Visual Basic that probably has a virus binded to it. When I get home I will be running this in a virtual machine. I'll keep you guys updated. I would advise not to download it until someone does this or runs it in a sandboxie. Don't lose your account over something stupid like this. I don't know if it works or not but ill let you guys know.

I want to see you make it then if you dont now how code then stop trying to talk your $hit

Chickenrunnn
02-28-2013, 07:29 AM
TOS :

User Posting Requirements. You agree that you may not access or use the Services and/or related Forums, yourself or by or through your avatar which:[...]
* uses or possesses programs to 'crack' the Spacetime Applications, including its software or other Internet security tools;

* Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files or data, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of the Spacetime Applications or Services or other users’ computers;

Hmmm

Moreover, he is a new member (only made 20 posts), who is insulting players.. So that, I don't think his program is trustful AT ALL!

jgrrgth
02-28-2013, 07:47 AM
TOS :

Hmmm

Moreover, he is a new member (only made 20 posts), who is insulting players.. So that, I don't think his program is trustful AT ALL!
fine think what you since its your opinion but I asked if it was ok to post and there is no possible way in the world this will harm your computer or any application unless YOU did something to it

Fredobasy
02-28-2013, 08:03 AM
Recount!!!!

Fredobasy
02-28-2013, 08:05 AM

ty it is an addon kinda lol like I said it Is a custom web browser with the dps meter on the screen that connects to the server

Loved recount, but not in Dragon Soul.

Fredobasy
02-28-2013, 08:07 AM
I think its a keylogger

Doodlebeast
02-28-2013, 08:14 AM
Lmao. Hilarious thread is hilarious.

Griffinfan
02-28-2013, 08:18 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and request a lock....

Roberto077
02-28-2013, 08:24 AM
I will neither download nor criticize until a Dev, Mod, or Admin gives confirmation that the program is safe to use.

Paar
02-28-2013, 08:37 AM
Meow.

Caiahar
02-28-2013, 09:03 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and request a lock....

This is one of the times where we both agree. Let's go get ourselves a lock.

Caiahar
02-28-2013, 09:07 AM
@Jgrrgth You are new. I can tell. You may not be new in game, but you are new on forums. If you go screaming randomly about this dps meter, ppl are SURE gonna get suspicious. And you don't know who are you talking to. Jaytb and Chickenrunnn are some of the MOST respected forumers here. So be careful who you talk to. Both of them, they know what their doing. If you want to prove this is good, non virus, etc. please go private message a dec or mod. I would suggest Samhayne or Delphina.

TheBedtBird
02-28-2013, 09:18 AM
Ah looks great works, it works in pvp too right. This would give a big hint at how much life my opponent has

Battlegrinder
02-28-2013, 12:30 PM
So, even if this thing isn't a virus or a keylogger or something, what use is it?

Roberto077
02-28-2013, 12:56 PM
So, even if this thing isn't a virus or a keylogger or something, what use is it?

It would be useful to find out who can do the most damage in runs.

The in-game DPS is just an approximation of how much damage you can do in a second of auto attacks. If this program does what I think, you will be able to find what your DPS is exactly.... Skills included...

Noelx
02-28-2013, 12:56 PM
I want a Dev to clarify this program

razerfingers
02-28-2013, 12:58 PM
I didn't copy the game it is a custom web browser with an on screen app that connects the dps meter to the server

Ohhh i see. So its basically a web addon?

razerfingers
02-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Ah looks great works, it works in pvp too right. This would give a big hint at how much life my opponent has

Sorry for double post.
But if what you say is true than someone can totally make a build off of this. But they have to take jn account they might dodge then you're burnt so basically if you suck in pvp you cwn see what you're doing wrong? I kinda wanna test it. I think its legit but wanna get confromation on the whole virus thing. Maybe go to mediashare and loom at the rules and weird crap. You dig?

FluffNStuff
02-28-2013, 01:09 PM
actually i got it apoved by admin so ha

This program is amazing, and must have taken a lot of work. I understand you are proud of it, but you have to understand that you are opening Pandora's box here. Your code taps into the server stream to get its data, and I must say, I am quite impressed. I am also quite scared. You say you have developer approval, but I as others would like to see that developer approval. They put a a level of security into protecting the server, and your program accesses it, and we all know security is only as strong as the weakest link. How secure is your program, and how long do you think it is just going to be a "dps meter"???

TheBedtBird
02-28-2013, 01:34 PM
I havent really tried it, because I don't have a computer, but it sounds as if its a cool addon

Oldcoot
02-28-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm kinda surprised a dev hasn't chimed in yet?!
Edit: or at least give us an idea this was comin

Samhayne
02-28-2013, 01:56 PM
The team is still discussing it...

This is not an "official" add on, but we're not taking down the thread or otherwise blocking such activities at this time.

For anyone considering downloading this, as always, be wary of downloads and never ever give out your account login information or password!

jgrrgth
02-28-2013, 02:00 PM
This program is amazing, and must have taken a lot of work. I understand you are proud of it, but you have to understand that you are opening Pandora's box here. Your code taps into the server stream to get its data, and I must say, I am quite impressed. I am also quite scared. You say you have developer approval, but I as others would like to see that developer approval. They put a a level of security into protecting the server, and your program accesses it, and we all know security is only as strong as the weakest link. How secure is your program, and how long do you think it is just going to be a "dps meter"???
its pretty secure I had no major problems with it yet and I did ask if it would be against the rules since it does tap there data I asked apollo if it would be against the rules of pl apollo said it should be fine for me to post since all it does is read your dps to you and im keeping at as a dps meter only with a few add-ons like a battery watcher on it ect.

Deathofan
02-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Still discussing it... Are we allowed to use it?

jgrrgth
02-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Ohhh i see. So its basically a web addon?

yes

jgrrgth
02-28-2013, 02:04 PM

The in-game DPS is just an approximation of how much damage you can do in a second of auto attacks. If this program does what I think, you will be able to find what your DPS is exactly.... Skills included...

yep that's watt it is ment to do

Zeus
02-28-2013, 02:36 PM
its pretty secure I had no major problems with it yet and I did ask if it would be against the rules since it does tap there data I asked apollo if it would be against the rules of pl apollo said it should be fine for me to post since all it does is read your dps to you and im keeping at as a dps meter only with a few add-ons like a battery watcher on it ect.

Hey bro, I didn't know at the time you were using me as an administrative level of approval. I'm sorry if I confused you, but I'm not at all.

You should get approval from one of the devs for this if possible. I understand you created it with good intentions, but like Fluff said, there may be some security risks (I didn't realize at the time, because, well, I am not a computer programmer).

Zhamira
02-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Dps meters only causes more people to be cruel to new players and to hear someone brag about their high Dps and such. Its never intended to be what its meant for. It also shouldn't have been allowed until bugs were fixed from the creator before allowing others to test and be skeptical. I Still am :)

jgrrgth
02-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Hey bro, I didn't know at the time you were using me as an administrative level of approval. I'm sorry if I confused you, but I'm not at all.

You should get approval from one of the devs for this if possible. I understand you created it with good intentions, but like Fluff said, there may be some security risks (I didn't realize at the time, because, well, I am not a computer programmer).

its fine an admin is actually looked and is discussing it with the others

imxoriginal
02-28-2013, 02:53 PM
You don't do very well with feedback do you?

razerfingers
02-28-2013, 03:02 PM
As far as i can tell its an addon that saves your dps so like in joss fights how it moves so fast and you see fat crits and dont know if its yours? Well this tool records it to see how your dps fluxtuates overtime? It would be kinda cool to watch it in progress lol

Oskitopee
02-28-2013, 03:04 PM
The team is still discussing it...

This is not an "official" add on, but we're not taking down the thread or otherwise blocking such activities at this time.

For anyone considering downloading this, as always, be wary of downloads and never ever give out your account login information or password!

If your unsure about using it, just wait and devs will sooner or later report back on it i think.

Suentous PO
02-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Sam et all are discussing it?! I'm surprised devs don't out right say DON'T .
Are we encouraging players to make and hock their own mods now?!
Dev doesn't know? That's all I need to hear.

Me-------TEN FOOT POLE---------this add on

McBain
02-28-2013, 05:57 PM
I don't mean any offense by this, but I can't help but have reservations about code programming from someone who makes so many spelling and grammatical errors in his posts. That doesn't exactly scream "attention to detail." I swear I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just saying. Normally, I wouldn't care (since there are lots of people here from around the world for whom English is a second language) except for the fact that, based on your video from the first post, English is clearly either your first language or you know it well enough that there's no excuse.

jgrrgth
02-28-2013, 06:03 PM

mods and add on r 2 differnt things mods r tools that exploit the game to get a head every one ex. say I had 10 skill points use the tool now I have 200 skill points and addon is a tool to help you through out your gaming experience and yes addon have there pros and cons

jgrrgth
02-28-2013, 06:14 PM
I don't mean any offense by this, but I can't help but have reservations about code programming from someone who makes so many spelling and grammatical errors in his posts. That doesn't exactly scream "attention to detail." I swear I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just saying. Normally, I wouldn't care (since there are lots of people here from around the world for whom English is a second language) except for the fact that, based on your video from the first post, English is clearly either your first language or you know it well enough that there's no excuse.

I have been on my phone posting all of this and I do have dyslexia so yea ik u dont mean any offense but me having this problem it does take ne longer to code my programs

Ogbuehi
02-28-2013, 06:35 PM
The intent seems good. But I'm really skeptical of how useful this would really be based on what I saw in the video. Unless I'm one hit killing an enemy, I can already see the damage I cause when I hit an enemy. If there was a way to see the collected data, that would be useful. Does it take into account the enemies armor, strength and any elixirs I may be using? Seeing that green bar jump back and forth doesn't really help me if I don't exactly when it applies and how much damage it's reading.

McBain
02-28-2013, 07:01 PM
I have been on my phone posting all of this and I do have dyslexia so yea ik u dont mean any offense but me having this problem it does take ne longer to code my programs

Ok, fair enough. Like I said, my goal was not to offend anyone. We're talking about a piece of software that has the possibility of being a security risk. If that were the case, I'm sure it would be totally accidental, but a security risk nonetheless. All I'm saying is that presentation matters when it comes to allaying concerns.

Oldcoot
02-28-2013, 07:18 PM
This "addon" to the server better not effect my ping its bad enough now

jgrrgth
02-28-2013, 07:21 PM
This "addon" to the server better not effect my ping its bad enough now

it shouldn't

Suentous PO
02-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Spacetime ,
why allow players to make "add ons" or whatever I'm being asked to believe this is?
This seems to contradict the tos.

wammm
02-28-2013, 07:39 PM
Sorry, but I dont support this. More like a semi hax for me.Be careful guys.

Oldcoot
02-28-2013, 07:41 PM

I must agree with PO, if your not an employee of STS you shouldn't be tampering with there property no matter of good or bad intentions.
Edit: the more I think about it , the more it bothers me but I think I've said enough.

KnightSkye
02-28-2013, 10:07 PM
I've seen the DPS Meter in action and have tested it before release for Jggrgth.
I trusted him enough to give it a try. I have not experienced any issues so far.
I am not asking any of you to do the same - The hesitation is understandable.
But please do keep in mind that he only had good intentions behind his actions and he's put his best effort into making this.

@ Jgrrgth - I've seen and heard your "typewriter" ;) go for hours working on this.
Everyone here has a right to be wary tho. They would be downloading this, fully trusting that you haven't put something sneaky in it.
Take this into account and make sure to take the comments here as advice on how to improve the meter/original post, rather than immediately being defensive. Just be patient and hopefully the devs have some feed back

As your friend, I don't want to see your hard work go to waste because of a few rash actions :)

Deadbite
02-28-2013, 10:16 PM
So StS your telling me that this guy can assess your servers??? So how protected are we exactly??? As one said before; "security is only as strong as its weakest link".

Battlegrinder
02-28-2013, 10:24 PM

That's not quite what I was asking, I should have made the post a little more clear. What I meant to ask was "Why do we even need this?" I can understand needing it in a game like WoW or even something like Spiral Knights, where the tactics you use will dictate you ability to win a given battle. But in PL, where the only tactic you need is "beat the snot out of the bad guy until he dies" (or the occasional variant of "Do [small and trivially easy task], then beat the snot out of the bad guy until he dies"), I don't really see a pressing need for this kind of plug-in.

Besides, I think you can use a DPS buff skill and then go into your avatar menu to see the effect the buff has on your stats.

Yich
02-28-2013, 10:51 PM
If the devs have seen this and they didnt shut it down immediately, obviously his program doesnt tap that far into anything secret, if it did theyd ban him and delete this thread. I think many of you think you know a lot more about servers and coding than you actually do. The only worry here is whether or not the download is safe.

McBain
03-01-2013, 01:40 AM
If the devs have seen this and they didnt shut it down immediately, obviously his program doesnt tap that far into anything secret, if it did theyd ban him and delete this thread. I think many of you think you know a lot more about servers and coding than you actually do. The only worry here is whether or not the download is safe.

No. We're all doomed. DOOMED.

Suentous PO
03-01-2013, 02:54 AM
I think sceptisism was warented, I'm not saying I know anything in particular. It's not like this happens every day, if he did something that helps, great, won't affect me either way.

Riccits
03-01-2013, 04:27 AM
Loved recount, but not in Dragon Soul.

ya sometime it sux when u r at last there xD

jgrrgth
03-01-2013, 07:33 AM
Are we allowed to use it?

thats on you the devs havnt gave feed back yet

Griffinfan
03-01-2013, 10:01 AM

What do you know about server coding?

Yich
03-01-2013, 10:03 AM
What do you know about server coding?

Next to nothing, but I know who does. The developers of this game. If they dont see an immediate problem with this then obviously this guy cant do as much as many are acting like he can. He cant just start spawning gold caps, if he could, why would the devs have to discuss the matter?

CrimsonTider
03-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Base Damage > DPS. Period.

Oh how I miss Physiologic.

Iphoneington
03-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Let the guy express his new things he's excited about. You never know...maybe this damage meter is very good? Anyways It does sound a bit fishy that It was admin approved. Mind telling me who this admin was? Or if the admin could come on and personally say "they approve." Thanks!

blatta
03-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Seems harmless, besides the download/install software on your computer thing. Just another visualisation of data which is more or less easy to grab out of the data stream from sts servers. Though implementing it in the browser interface is a nice job i think. Another thing it would be to produce or modify data which is sended TO sts servers (Botting and stuff). That would be evil.

But how about a visualisation of auction data, that could be somehow useful, hehe.

Yich
03-01-2013, 10:50 AM
Let the guy express his new things he's excited about. You never know...maybe this damage meter is very good? Anyways It does sound a bit fishy that It was admin approved. Mind telling me who this admin was? Or if the admin could come on and personally say "they approve." Thanks!

Read through the comments.. The thread has a dev post in it.. Derp derp.

Roberto077
03-01-2013, 11:10 AM
That's not quite what I was asking, I should have made the post a little more clear. What I meant to ask was "Why do we even need this?" I can understand needing it in a game like WoW or even something like Spiral Knights, where the tactics you use will dictate you ability to win a given battle. But in PL, where the only tactic you need is "beat the snot out of the bad guy until he dies" (or the occasional variant of "Do [small and trivially easy task], then beat the snot out of the bad guy until he dies"), I don't really see a pressing need for this kind of plug-in.

Besides, I think you can use a DPS buff skill and then go into your avatar menu to see the effect the buff has on your stats.

Sorry about this off-topic question, but do you like Spiral Knights? I've been playing it since the release (before steam).

Battlegrinder
03-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Sorry about this off-topic question, but do you like Spiral Knights? I've been playing it since the release (before steam).

I started playing it just to get the TF2 cross-promotion hat, but found that I liked the game on its own merits. I suck at it, but it is a lot of fun.

Roberto077
03-01-2013, 05:25 PM
I started playing it just to get the TF2 cross-promotion hat, but found that I liked the game on its own merits. I suck at it, but it is a lot of fun.

I recently got a perma ban :( but I would be happy to teach you some tactics. My SK youtube channel is TheRob077800 if you want to check out some of what I have. I got banned two weeks after getting a Snarby set >:(

xcainnblecterx
03-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Remain calm people. If you think it has a virus, download it then scan the file for a virus before installing. Virus release once the program is installed i think. I say this cause ive downloaded programs etc. and before install ill scan. Still have.yet to get a virus

jgrrgth
03-06-2013, 12:19 AM
i will be updating it soon