PDA

View Full Version : Help with Paladin

yesIManoob
09-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Hi, I'm just a little stumped on how a paladin is supposed to be used. Whenever I try to tank, I do okay until I get to the boss, after which I die in a couple hits. Also, sometimes I wait for a tank to take the damage and then I attack whatever is hitting the tank, but then they call me a leecher. :/ Also, I can't really cast spells due to my low mana regen and I never buy pots because I prefer to save up my gold to buy rare items. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Wbto-Angeluscustos
09-29-2010, 04:13 PM
i have a lvl 30 paladin im doing well Enchantress/str
and i have a lvl 31 archer/int

so play with me add my in game names and then message me on my inbox here bro and we can play together im good

IGN..

Angeluscustos - Dex/Int - Archer
Wbto - Palidan/Str/Int - Mage

Raxie
09-29-2010, 04:19 PM
well either use your money to buy pots or just respec to an int/dex mage and then respec back to a paladin when you get to level 45.

Royce
09-29-2010, 05:12 PM
A paladin is by nature a pot chugger til level 40. If you don't want to buy pots, buy a respec. Paladins aren't tanks, you can stand toe to toe with a high damage enemy for a while if you have maxed BOV on, or mana shield (but that will cost you even more pots). Basically, you should support the tank while buffed, and heal, debuff, AOE when your buff runs out.

Arterra
09-29-2010, 05:23 PM
sometimes I wait for a tank to take the damage and then I attack whatever is hitting the tank, but then they call me a leecher. :/

since you aren't exactly a tank, you cannot rely on being able to absorb damage like a bear. tell them that a paladin is no equal substitute for a tank for taking damage, and they should step up instead of complaining lool.

Royce
09-29-2010, 05:25 PM
since you aren't exactly a tank, you cannot rely on being able to absorb damage like a bear. tell them that a paladin is no equal substitute for a tank for taking damage, and they should step up instead of complaining lool.

Well, if he's just standing there, and not using skills due to fear of spending gold on pots, then... he sort is being a leech...

Messiyah
09-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Well, if he's just standing there, and not using skills due to fear of spending gold on pots, then... he sort is being a leech...

lol harsh :P

~M~

yesIManoob
09-30-2010, 04:00 PM

I attack enemies and use the pots that enemies drop and I cast spells (mainly heal, lightning, life drain and BOV/BOM), but I just don't buy pots. So I'm not just standing there. Also, I am looking to buy thoth gear since I am about to hit level 40.

Royce
09-30-2010, 04:25 PM
I attack enemies and use the pots that enemies drop and I cast spells (mainly heal, lightning, life drain and BOV/BOM), but I just don't buy pots. So I'm not just standing there. Also, I am looking to buy thoth gear since I am about to hit level 40.

Ah, then you're almost in the clear. Once you have Thoth, you will never need to buy pots again. Heal all your lost health, and regenerate all your lost mana. I have a level 40 Thoth spear I believe. Add Fnordic if you're interested.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
09-30-2010, 04:28 PM
good tips i didnt think of them myself

TheLaw
09-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Royce! i wanna buy the thoth spear please!?

Xviperr
10-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Hi, I'm just a little stumped on how a paladin is supposed to be used. Whenever I try to tank, I do okay until I get to the boss, after which I die in a couple hits. Also, sometimes I wait for a tank to take the damage and then I attack whatever is hitting the tank, but then they call me a leecher. :/ Also, I can't really cast spells due to my low mana regen and I never buy pots because I prefer to save up my gold to buy rare items. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

well. how about u unequip and state ur current STATS
and then also stating ur equipped stats and equipment used.

only then we could really give u reasonable advices.

its like i tell u "my damage is low".
but who knows what is done to my stats, skill and equipment which might be the caused of doing that low damage

yesIManoob
10-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Ok I am now lvl 40 and looking to buy thoth stuff :) Thanks for all ur help