PDA

View Full Version : Pl vs al

Spyce
02-28-2013, 09:47 AM
So I'm deciding wether to play PL OR AL.
Help me decide please >_<

Griffinfan
02-28-2013, 09:55 AM
pl.

ArtofWar
02-28-2013, 09:56 AM
PL ^^

Spyce
02-28-2013, 09:59 AM
K guess PL it is.
Wait what am I gonna do with my AL stuff?
I'm rich in there.

Roberto077
02-28-2013, 10:06 AM
I suggest keeping it for future events. That's what I did in SL

Or you can spend it on the community like I did in PL. I bought pinks and potions for new players. I still do, but not as much.

dudetus
02-28-2013, 10:09 AM
Well as u posted to PL general discussion ofc all will say PL. It's not a good way to make a sort of poll which game to play even if u posted to both sections and/or to off-topic discussion as AL has the largest community so public poll would be in AL's favor.

What I can do is give the pros for both games.

Pocket Legends:

-Most versatile regarding to gearing as items aren't class limited
-The first mobile MMO. The original.
-5 classes instead of 3
-True pick-up-and play. Beautifully simple but has also has the serious gaming aspect especially in PvP
-Most campaigns out of all games (lvl cap is 76)
-No camera lock
-More info about classes ans builds on community level.

Arcane Legends:

-The best looking game
-The best game engine
-Better storyline
-Pets
-More advanced with pet system and stat tinkering. May also be a con as game needs some regular gaming knowledge to become "pro" so it's not as pick-up and play as PL.
- A bit more openworld typed of game.

Those were my opinions. But basically it's classic versus modern. Try both games out and choose the one which u like more by feeling. Or u can always play both games.

Disko
02-28-2013, 10:24 AM
They both have their merits. Even if I do get frustrated with some of the differences, I just remind myself they need to be their own beasts.

Play both! If you're only elite-capping in one, its not terribly challenging to keep up...

Lowlyspy
02-28-2013, 10:33 AM
I suggest keeping it for future events. That's what I did in SL
Quite the long term investment.

I'm partial to AL, better game imo and less of a wallet sucker, for now at least.

cookiez
02-28-2013, 12:47 PM
Pl.

McBain
02-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Arcane Legends:
-More advanced with pet system and stat tinkering. May also be a con as game needs some regular gaming knowledge to become "pro" so it's not as pick-up and play as PL.

Interesting. To me it's the opposite. I think of the stat and skill set-up of PL as being a little more advanced than AL, and AL is more of the casual "pick up and go" kind of game. Both games are fun. There's no reason to not play both. Then you can switch back and forth when you get bored of one. I would play AL more, but the lag I've been getting there since a recent update makes it almost unplayable.

Dragonrider023
02-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Both

cookiez
02-28-2013, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=dudetus;988185]Arcane Legends:

Whaaa? Are you talking about???

Spyce
02-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Well as u posted to PL general discussion ofc all will say PL. It's not a good way to make a sort of poll which game to play even if u posted to both sections and/or to off-topic discussion as AL has the largest community so public poll would be in AL's favor.

What I can do is give the pros for both games.

Pocket Legends:

-Most versatile regarding to gearing as items aren't class limited
-The first mobile MMO. The original.
-5 classes instead of 3
-True pick-up-and play. Beautifully simple but has also has the serious gaming aspect especially in PvP
-Most campaigns out of all games (lvl cap is 76)
-No camera lock
-More info about classes ans builds on community level.

Arcane Legends:

-The best looking game
-The best game engine
-Better storyline
-Pets
- A bit more openworld typed of game.

Those were my opinions. But basically it's classic versus modern. Try both games out and choose the one which u like more by feeling. Or u can always play both games.

I tried playing both but can't decide over which one to play now and which one to play later.

KingFu
02-28-2013, 08:38 PM
Interesting. To me it's the opposite. I think of the stat and skill set-up of PL as being a little more advanced than AL, and AL is more of the casual "pick up and go" kind of game. Both games are fun. There's no reason to not play both. Then you can switch back and forth when you get bored of one. I would play AL more, but the lag I've been getting there since a recent update makes it almost unplayable.

I concur. I see what Dude was saying though. There's more information on hand with PL than AL, making it more easily learned. PL is a bit more intricate with the 12 skills (as opposed to 4), and more skill points, but a simple search on forums can answer 90% of your basic questions about it, with AL it isn't quite as high. It's all opinion. Try both, but pick one. Managing two games is tough, especially ones as similar as these two are, so decide for yourself which is better with some hands on time. It's just a more "experienced" and further along game (PL), vs a newer and more nurtured one (AL).

XghostzX
02-28-2013, 09:31 PM
I guess in all honesty, I like the layout of AL so much more (which is why it's my second hand game.) Only flaw for me is that PvP is pretty much spamming (similar to our PvE). The PvE in AL is very, very fun however.

Only reason I consider this my main game is because of friends, PvP that requires a larger amount of skill, and history.

TEOKILLO
02-28-2013, 09:56 PM
I completely agree with that statement

jgrrgth
03-01-2013, 07:49 AM
PL i played AL I just Cant Get Into It Like I Did With PL

Yich
03-01-2013, 09:37 AM
I completely agree with that statement

They deleted it and didnt infraction me..

Norbert
03-01-2013, 11:39 AM
I concur. I see what Dude was saying though. There's more information on hand with PL than AL, making it more easily learned. PL is a bit more intricate with the 12 skills (as opposed to 4), and more skill points, but a simple search on forums can answer 90% of your basic questions about it, with AL it isn't quite as high. It's all opinion. Try both, but pick one. Managing two games is tough, especially ones as similar as these two are, so decide for yourself which is better with some hands on time. It's just a more "experienced" and further along game (PL), vs a newer and more nurtured one (AL).

I feel the same -- PL is a little trickier and I think they intentionally streamlined some things for AL to be an easier casual game. Camera panning, which I love, is a little confusing at first, and the change to use the single action button instead of tapping around the screen is simpler. Only four skills available at a time makes things a little simpler as well.

Pets do mix it up a bit, and to me the best thing is it's a little less clear what a single 'best' build is. Back in the olden days of PL, you'd see everybody become strength mage for a while with rift gears, then everybody uses sunblessed bow with bird, etc. I think with the AL stats you can spend skill points on combined with various pets, it's easy to create various builds that are better in some ways, but equivalent overall. If that makes any sense... :P

I do think AL is more refined and the art and animations are gorgeous. Always feels like you're going back to the trailer park when you switch back to PL after spending some time in AL.

One thing I do miss in AL is the drops. I hate just getting chests -- I like seeing the pinks. I also like that certain maps drop certain pinks so there's reason to play them. In AL everybody just farms the couple of easiest maps... forEVER. Jarl/Tower/Jarl/Tower. I guess it's changed with the expansion (I hope) but it will just be one or two other maps.

I do like both, but was really happy to get back to PL. I'd quit for a couple years and AL got me back into it.

McBain
03-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Always feels like you're going back to the trailer park when you switch back to PL after spending some time in AL.

Haha. Whenever I switch to PL after playing AL, I'm all like "OMG 360 DEGREE MOTION. SWEET FREEDOM!"

Norbert
03-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Haha. Whenever I switch to PL after playing AL, I'm all like "OMG 360 DEGREE MOTION. SWEET FREEDOM!"

Totally agree! And when I fire up AL I keep craning my head around trying to look behind me.

dudetus
03-01-2013, 04:25 PM
My own view regarding AL to be harder to learn was based on the general view of the game.

In AL even as u gear ur main, there are always int, dex and str options for gears, there are necklaces for it and even pets affect ur stats and their special attack move must be taken into consider how u play the game. Sure, u can do the same in PL, right? But in that case u must change ur attributes while in AL u can choose for INT giving stuff, HP giving stuff, Dodge + Crit stuff and so fort no matter how u put ur attributes. Gearing character for effective gameplay is way harder in AL as u have to take in mind that ur gear affects ur way to play not only gearwise but way more significantly statwise. In PL u can just put pure dex on bird and give him a bow and matching armor and helmet and u have ur perfect char. But in AL, u have to think ur gearing way more.

Sure, AL has less skills. But unlike in PL u have to choose how the skill evolves while in PL this is just +10 dmg, +10 this and that for each rank.

Keep in mind that I said:

game needs some regular gaming knowledge to become "pro"

Sure AL is easier for a totally casual player who just wants to have some fun. But becoming pro in AL is way harder than it is in PL.

Yich
03-01-2013, 04:42 PM
My own view regarding AL to be harder to learn was based on the general view of the game.

In AL even as u gear ur main, there are always int, dex and str options for gears, there are necklaces for it and even pets affect ur stats and their special attack move must be taken into consider how u play the game. Sure, u can do the same in PL, right? But in that case u must change ur attributes while in AL u can choose for INT giving stuff, HP giving stuff, Dodge + Crit stuff and so fort no matter how u put ur attributes. Gearing character for effective gameplay is way harder in AL as u have to take in mind that ur gear affects ur way to play not only gearwise but way more significantly statwise. In PL u can just put pure dex on bird and give him a bow and matching armor and helmet and u have ur perfect char. But in AL, u have to think ur gearing way more.

Sure, AL has less skills. But unlike in PL u have to choose how the skill evolves while in PL this is just +10 dmg, +10 this and that for each rank.

Keep in mind that I said:

Sure AL is easier for a totally casual player who just wants to have some fun. But becoming pro in AL is way harder than it is in PL.

All you have to do in PL is get to level 10 and buy a forg bow. There are level 10 twinks just for that purpose, to wear nothing but a forg bow at level 10 (and probably a ring) and troll rush with hidden KDR.

Bullllzzeye sexy
03-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Just play al cuz sts is moar worried about AL ONYL