PDA

View Full Version : 2013-02-28 Content Update (114745)

H2N
02-28-2013, 05:23 PM
Arcane Legends won Best MMO Game in the Best App Ever Awards. In celebration you can pick up a free banner from The Best Banner Distributer Ever found in most towns!
New Vanities available in The Store:

Night Assassin's Rogue Vanities
Blood Archmage Sorcerer Vanities
Blood Barbarian Warrior Vanities
Steel Heraldic Vanities for all classes

New Daily Quest available on the Dragon's Jewel ship! Talk to Alvilda near Captain Raven.
Lowered and rebalanced PvP damage in an effort to make battles more tactical and less bursty.
Mythic helms have a new look!
Mythic and Arcane items now give out their achievement, but only when first looted.
All Elite Gold chests no longer drop Rare (green) items.
All Elite Silver Chests will now have a higher chance to drop Epic and Legendary gear, but can still drop Rare (green) items.
Skull Cove has been shortened in length.
Ancient Mariner Reef now has a minion kill requirement for the boss to spawn. Leaderboard times for this zone have been reset.
Season 2 Banners have received a visual facelift!
New Armor Icons added to helmets and armor!
The Consignment shop now shows your available gold.

Vystirch
02-28-2013, 05:25 PM
Lowered and rebalanced PvP damage in an effort to make battles more tactical and less bursty.
Mythic helms have a new look!
Mythic and Arcane items now give out their achievement, but only when first looted.
All Elite Silver Chests will now have a higher chance to drop Epic and Legendary gear, but can still drop Rare (green) items.
Skull Cove has been shortened in length.
Ancient Mariner Reef now has a minion kill requirement for the boss to spawn. Leaderboard times for this zone have been reset.
The Consignment shop now shows your available gold.

Great! About time PvP was more tactical.
They are beautiful helms now!
Goo idea with the achievement give out rate.
Can't wait for better drop rates to cash in!
""
Great! This lvl was super long!
Great! I don't like easy farming on chests.....
About time, love to see my gold before purchasing something.

Overall, this is a great update!
-Vys

Lady_Pebbles
02-28-2013, 05:27 PM
Woot! Time to patch up. xD

ReMinD
02-28-2013, 05:28 PM
nice!

Vystirch
02-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Arcane Legends won Best MMO Game in the Best App Ever Awards. In celebration you can pick up a free banner from The Best Banner Distributer Ever found in most towns!
New Vanities available in The Store:

Night Assassin's Rogue Vanities
Blood Archmage Sorcerer Vanities
Blood Barbarian Warrior Vanities
Steel Heraldic Vanities for all classes

Season 2 Banners have received a visual facelift!

Wow putting me too work with my guide......

Xoreobonezxe
02-28-2013, 05:29 PM
Woo thanks...

Iamlmmortal
02-28-2013, 05:30 PM
Sweet nice update lots of goodies which I could have got founders vanity for my Mage firstD:

Bootdaddy
02-28-2013, 05:31 PM
Awesome

ljirish
Hmmmm, pvp will be interesting to see...

Bebsi
Oh my, there goes my plat... Lol

Ty for the update. I was hoping for new vanities ^_^

thorsius
About time they sorted out PvP, for the time being it takes next to no skill

SouLBlizzard
02-28-2013, 05:32 PM
If there is someone that can borrow me a mythic or arcane items,ehm....

MrFoster
02-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Nice update, thanks

Jed
02-28-2013, 05:33 PM
I opened AL and went afk so it could get all the patch files (AL on Chrome always makes me download these freaking patch files whenever I open it up), and when I come back I'm disconnected.
If I have to get all those files once the server comes up again I'll burst.
also http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?82545-Computer-receiving-patch-files-and-resetting-settings-upon-each-login

Energizeric
02-28-2013, 05:33 PM

Does this mean I cannot buy an Arcane item in order to get the achievement?

And what about Hammerjaw egg? Is the achievement given when the egg is looted, or when the egg is opened? And if the later, does that mean I can buy the egg and then open it to get the achievement?

SuRfY
02-28-2013, 05:34 PM

Hopefully its only for PvP and not for PvE. So the mythic and arcane achievement is granted when looted the item. So buying it doesn't grant the achievement? That will be so cool. Imagine elite gold chests no longer drop Rare (green) items but drop Common (white) items. LMAO.

JaytB
02-28-2013, 05:36 PM
All in all looking like a very cool update!

Only thing is, why are the achievements for mythical items only granted when you first loot them? For those who paid a ton of rl money to open chests it just doesnt seem fair they have to do that all over again. After all, it was a bug wasn't it?

KOD_Tha_Legend
02-28-2013, 05:40 PM
I am seeing only this when I open the game any of you know why? Is it because of the update?
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/01/yvy2y9a4.jpg

Hall of Fame lvl. 4,6,7,8,10

Energizeric
02-28-2013, 05:40 PM
Hopefully its only for PvP and not for PvE. So the mythic and arcane achievement is granted when looted the item. So buying it doesn't grant the achievement? That will be so cool. Imagine elite gold chests no longer drop Rare (green) items but drop Common (white) items. LMAO.

It eliminates the issue of folks sharing items by trading them around just to get the achievement. But for Hammerjaw it should be when you open the egg, not when you loot it. Since you can't share a pet, there is no issue there.

JaytB
02-28-2013, 05:41 PM
I am seeing only this when I open the game any of you know why? Is it because of the update?

Yes, as it says, it's because of the update :)

Jed
02-28-2013, 05:42 PM

An update is happening, as it says on that screen. "Arcane Legends is down for a content update."

hebron03
02-28-2013, 05:42 PM
, i dont agree about mityc nd arcane items having achivments , and u can only have achivments wen u loot it , what if i bought it , im still not gona get achivments , huhuhu , SAD ! . . . but rather dan dat , i love d update . . . .

Genuinous
02-28-2013, 05:43 PM
ancient mariner reef now has a minion kill requirement for the boss to spawn. Leaderboard times for this zone have been reset.

die minions, dieeeee!!!! :d

Lowlyspy
02-28-2013, 05:43 PM
I know it's just to prevent people from borrowing their friends for a few seconds just for the achievement thus hurting your revenue (not by a huge margin though i'd imagine), and i'm not just saying that because that was my plan, i'll be honest it totally was my plan, but locking the achievement to first loots isn't the way it should go. Arcane and Mythics cost a butt ton in the auction and locking the achievements essentially screws over anyone who doesn't have the plat to open crates or time to farm endlessly for chests to open (which i imagine have an even astronomically lower chance to drop them than crates do.)

The rest of this update is cool though :)

Swede
02-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Achievements are only given when looted (same for eggs) or Store bought (like Ripmaw)

This is very important and not something we will change. If we were to give you the achievement for just owning the item, then players can trade it around to give the achievement to each other. That in itself is not such a big deal to us, but when someone decides to log off with someone else's Mythic (i.e. steal it) it becomes a problem. Or the players that have an Arcane/Mythic item and constantly get tells in town from players that want to borrow their item for the achievement.

If you looted a Mythic or Arcane out of a chest and didn't get the achievement, send an e-mail to support@spacetimestudios.com

Mysticaleagle
02-28-2013, 05:45 PM

So some of us spent millions or even thousands platinums for, nothing? Not cool.

Anyways, awesome update.

Energizeric
02-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Perhaps someone who has Hammerjaw can let us know when exactly you got the achievement. Was it when you first acquired the egg, or was it when you opened it?

Edit: Question answered above. Thanks!

Lowlyspy
02-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Main question, does buying the item from the auction house grant the achievement? This update would be fair if it did. Sure people could put it in for a low amount for friends to buy, but who in their right mind would risk it getting snagged in the second or two it's up? and even if they did, it would be their own fault.

digitalbot
02-28-2013, 05:49 PM
i would think originaly that you get achieve when its opend, makes complete sense

as for mythic...have to pay that 15 plat chance or loot that gold chest i guess!

Mysticaleagle
02-28-2013, 05:49 PM
I know it's just to prevent people from borrowing their friends for a few seconds just for the achievement thus hurting your revenue (not by a huge margin though i'd imagine), and i'm not just saying that because that was my plan, i'll be honest it totally was my plan, but locking the achievement to first loots isn't the way it should go. Arcane and Mythics cost a butt ton in the auction and locking the achievements essentially screws over anyone who doesn't have the plat to open crates or time to farm endlessly for chests to open (which i imagine have an even astronomically lower chance to drop them than crates do.)

The rest of this update is cool though :)

100% agree,

bye millions gold. And bye achievement since I don't have 24 hours a day to farm that arcane item.

Energizeric
02-28-2013, 05:50 PM
So some of us spent millions or even thousands platinums for, nothing? Not cool.

Anyways, awesome update.

As was said in the post before yours, you can send them an email and they will grant the achievement.

Meteorregen
02-28-2013, 05:50 PM
yeah woot woot !

send this with my blood on the mirror.

Mysticaleagle
02-28-2013, 05:51 PM
As was said in the post before yours, you can send them an email and they will grant the achievement.

I didn't spend platinums, nor gold (yet, I was about to buy one from a friend) but lots of my friends did, and i'm sure they won't like this change.

Mysticaleagle
02-28-2013, 05:52 PM
, same like the 10M achievement , u can just borrow it from some1 to get the achivments , so how is this diffrnet on arcane and mityc items ,

OMG THIS THIS!

Devs, this post is 100% correct. It just is.

Lady_Pebbles
02-28-2013, 05:53 PM
So basicly pay hundreds of dollars for an achievement... Smh.. I'll pass. Lol

Swede
02-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Main question, does buying the item from the auction house grant the achievement? This update would be fair if it did. Sure people could put it in for a low amount for friends to buy, but who in their right mind would risk it getting snagged in the second or two it's up? and even if they did, it would be their own fault.

No you will not get that. We don't have the tech currently to make that distinction. Besides, that's a strange precedent to set. If I trade it to you for 5 million you won't get the achievement but you will if I put it up for that price in the Consignment Store and you buy it there. I'd rather be consistent with this to avoid any confusion or Customer Service problems.

Natrich
02-28-2013, 05:54 PM
Achievements are only given when looted (same for eggs) or Store bought (like Ripmaw)

This is very important and not something we will change. If we were to give you the achievement for just owning the item, then players can trade it around to give the achievement to each other. That in itself is not such a big deal to us, but when someone decides to log off with someone else's Mythic (i.e. steal it) it becomes a problem. Or the players that have an Arcane/Mythic item and constantly get tells in town from players that want to borrow their item for the achievement.

If you looted a Mythic or Arcane out of a chest and didn't get the achievement, send an e-mail to support@spacetimestudios.com

Maybe a dumb question but you don't get the achievement for actually opening? (in the case of Hammerjaw)

Mysticaleagle
02-28-2013, 05:55 PM
Some of us will then NEVER get the achievement, since we don't have 8 million gold, nor 3000 platinums, nor 20 hours a day play time. :/

Swede
02-28-2013, 05:56 PM
OMG THIS THIS!

Devs, this post is 100% correct. It just is.

It's not a valid argument to say, 'You have one rotten egg in your game, now give us a dozen!' We don't want to add more versions of something that will only give us customer service problems. Could you imagine walking in to Kraag with an Arcane weapon equipped if trading it would give the achievement? You'd have to put half the server on your ignore list.

Genuinous
02-28-2013, 05:58 PM
I still can't help, but feel sorry for all those, who spent 10+ mil trying to acquire hammerjaw or arcane blades. I wish there was an option to get around the issue of passing items along...

Mysticaleagle
02-28-2013, 05:59 PM
Or the players that have an Arcane/Mythic item and constantly get tells in town from players that want to borrow their item for the achievement.

Good point, but it's like beggars. Constantly asking for Gold if you have good items equipped..

Swede
02-28-2013, 06:00 PM
I still can't help, but feel sorry for all those, who spent 10+ mil trying to acquire hammerjaw or arcane blades. I wish there was an option to get around the issue of passing items along, however the fact that it will require us to pay hundreds of dollars possibly to get them? Well that's just awful, that's all I'm gonna say to it...

Why do you HAVE to spend that much to get them? The Arcane and Mythic items all drop out of Elite dungeons, outside of the platinum locked crates.

SuRfY
02-28-2013, 06:01 PM

This is totally fair. +1

Ravager
02-28-2013, 06:01 PM
I wonder if lowering overall pvp damage will just create more of a long lasting chaotic mob in the center of the screen.

Mysticaleagle
02-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Why do you HAVE to spend that much to get them? The Arcane and Mythic items all drop out of Elite dungeons, outside of the platinum locked crates.

They do, if you have 20 hours play time a day. And still, you need luck.

Sure some people do, but they have all the time they want to play, and most of the time, it's the same peeps that gets em..

I mean, after farming for days and days and never receiving a single pink, doesn't make me want to TRY and get one of these.

Anyways I know, you won't change it. And I will never get the achievement and many of us too.

Natrich
Swede, does opening Hammerjaw grant the achievement as well? Just want to confirm

tampabay
On a better note, how long going to be down?

octavos
02-28-2013, 06:03 PM
*Grabs Popcorn, and a pickle* Im just here for the ride....and yay for vanities..that is all.

Genuinous

Yes, you dont have to, I was wrong to say that (will edit). I still stand by the first part of what I said.

Jaqualina
I have a question, what if you LOOTED a Mystic/arcane item before this patch, will you get the achievement?

Cero
02-28-2013, 06:04 PM
I wonder if lowering overall pvp damage will just create more of a long lasting chaotic mob in the center of the screen.

well, this is what i want. Giving us time to cast our skills and enhance pvp talents(tactics) is way fun than dying from unknown arrows.

KOD_Tha_Legend
02-28-2013, 06:04 PM
An update is happening, as it says on that screen. "Arcane Legends is down for a content update."

I saw but I was curious. Because usually when there is a content update it doesn't do this.

kenjhie
02-28-2013, 06:05 PM
when will be the update? its march 1 here and its still not updating.

i love the pvp to nerf damage because sometimes rouge got high crits and 1 hits you. shame :<

tampabay
02-28-2013, 06:06 PM
*Grabs Popcorn, and a pickle* Im just here for the ride....and yay for vanities..that is all. yes.

Lowlyspy
02-28-2013, 06:06 PM
No you will not get that. We don't have the tech currently to make that distinction. Besides, that's a strange precedent to set. If I trade it to you for 5 million you won't get the achievement but you will if I put it up for that price in the Consignment Store and you buy it there. I'd rather be consistent with this to avoid any confusion or Customer Service problems.

Regardless of how strange it is, it would give people who have skill in merching, but not the time to farm for days on end or a safe full of extra cash laying around to use on crates, a chance at getting the achievement. It makes perfect sense to me, anyone willing to pay the amounts the items are currently going for in the auction deserve the achievements in my mind.

Also, Sam, why ya editin my last post? Nothing was wrong with it nor did you change anything...

Edit: Ah, ya removed the quote....odd.

Swede
02-28-2013, 06:07 PM
I have a question, what if you LOOTED a Mystic/arcane item before this patch, will you get the achievement?

Probably not automatically, so send us an e-mail (support@spacetimestudios.com) and we'll sort that out for you.

And no, you will not get the achievement for opening the Hammerjaw egg, only for looting it (I was wrong in my first post and have since edited it).

KOD_Tha_Legend
02-28-2013, 06:08 PM
*Grabs Popcorn, and a pickle* Im just here for the ride....and yay for vanities..that is all.

So vanities do they increase stats I never. Had one

Energizeric

What about making it grant the achievement when you open an egg instead of when you loot it? (or both perhaps). This would give some of us who are less lucky an opportunity to buy the egg and then open it. And you couldn't share it with your friends as once it is opened it is no longer tradable.

If it's the case that you don't get the achievement for opening a hammerjaw egg, you can expect the price of hammerjaw eggs to go way way down as who would really want to pay millions of gold for the egg if you don't even get the achievement. The pet itself is no better than a number of other pets.

Swede
when will be the update? its march 1 here and its still not updating.

i love the pvp to nerf damage because sometimes rouge got high crits and 1 hits you. shame :<

Really soon and yes that's exactly the problem we wanted to avoid. It's no fun for anyone to get blown up in one hit, leaves little room for tactics.

ShayneTiesto370z
Cool update

Jaqualina
Probably not automatically, so send us an e-mail (support@spacetimestudios.com) and we'll sort that out for you.

And no, you will not get the achievement for opening the Hammerjaw egg, only for looting it (I was wrong in my first post and have since edited it).

Ok Thanks Swede, I'll be sure to tell my boyfriend!

Mysticaleagle
02-28-2013, 06:09 PM

Awesome, so I can't even try to buy a HammerJaw also.

So, in order to get the achievement, you have 2 options.

1: Play 24 hours a day until you get one (would be next century for me).
2: Spend thousands of platinums.

Right?

KOD_Tha_Legend

Damn you :o:);) Now I'm on my way. To the fridge also craving a pickle

octavos
So vanities do they increase stats I never. Had one

SWAG bro..thats all they are...never have stats and never should

Mysticaleagle
02-28-2013, 06:10 PM
What about making it grant the achievement when you open an egg instead of when you loot it? (or both perhaps). This would give some of us who are less lucky an opportunity to buy the egg and then open it. And you couldn't share it with your friends as once it is opened it is no longer tradable.

If it's the case that you don't get the achievement for opening a hammerjaw egg, you can expect the price of hammerjaw eggs to go way way down as who would really want to pay millions of gold for the egg if you don't even get the achievement. The pet itself is no better than a number of other pets.

I wish I could thank this post a million times.

Lady_Pebbles
02-28-2013, 06:10 PM
I still can't help, but feel sorry for all those, who spent 10+ mil trying to acquire hammerjaw or arcane blades. I wish there was an option to get around the issue of passing items along, however the fact that it will require us to pay hundreds of dollars possibly to get them? Well that's just awful, that's all I'm gonna say to it...

Because the chances are slim to none to get the drops....

This game is supposed to be playable without the requirement of using plat and yet we are REQUIRED to open crates with plat in hope for a pet for an achievement as well as using plat to gain gold (faster that way to get 10m) for am achievement.. Etc. Making the LB available to players who put up the most money. Wow.. Just wow.

Yall planning in making it so that once we create a guild with gold we have to keep it for a while too or we don't an achievement...? Or just plat like the rest? Lolol

Seriously guys... This is getting ridiculous. :\

Natrich
02-28-2013, 06:12 PM

:( But Hammerjaw can't be traded around after it's opened

Genuinous
02-28-2013, 06:12 PM

This would work with hammerjaw, but not with elite blades. And then I believe it would lead to a whole lot of confusion having to encode different arcane items to grant different ways. Also it would be quite unfair, looting a hammerjaw and not getting achievement or looting a blade and not being able to sell it like hammerjaw.

SuRfY
02-28-2013, 06:15 PM

Thumbs up!

KOD_Tha_Legend
02-28-2013, 06:16 PM
I wish I could thank this post a million times.

I agree I prefer my Loki he's gangsta and. I believe he's better for my character than hammerjaw if I got hammerjaw I would sell. Him. Immediately or give him away

Lowlyspy
02-28-2013, 06:20 PM
This would work with hammerjaw, but not with elite blades. And then I believe it would lead to a whole lot of confusion having to encode different arcane items to grant different ways. Also it would be quite unfair, looting a hammerjaw and not getting achievement or looting a blade and not being able to sell it like hammerjaw.

People will go for the blades regardless, as their stats are freakin amazing. Currently Hammerjaw is pretty much just for collectors, as plenty of people prefer using other pets. Allowing it so that looting an Arcane item or opening an Arcane pet egg would give Hammerjaw more purpose and would heighten his demand, thus causing more people to try and get him from the crates to sell, and bringing in even more revenue for STS. A win-win-win scenario. This would also be a very fair way to go with the achievement lock for everyone.

Wizard_Mike
02-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Nice! PvP balancing is good stuff.

Now if we could only get a little PvE balancing... *cough* (warrior aggro) *cough*

;)

Theonlypope
02-28-2013, 06:27 PM
I was under the understanding that the new daily quest on for treasure island would be more than just visiting it? Or am i missing something?

Swede
02-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Nice! PvP balancing is good stuff.

Now if we could only get a little PvE balancing... *cough* (warrior aggro) *cough*

;)

We have already started looking at that problem and will come up with a solution.

Swede
02-28-2013, 06:28 PM
I was under the understanding that the new daily quest on for treasure island would be more than just visiting it? Or am i missing something?

Well you can just visit it, and finish the quest, or you can dig up all the sand piles for a chance at the real loot that can hide in those. Your choice!

Danmei
02-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Why is the ninja vanity more expensive than the other vanities?

SuRfY
02-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Doing rounds now huh,Sam? Can't join the map though..would love to look at your stats. :P

OMG!!!

Wizard_Mike
02-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Ok, just picked up my banner in game. All I have to say is an npc warrior in full green armor named Brice Banner? Nice one! :)

Wizard_Mike
02-28-2013, 06:42 PM
We have already started looking at that problem and will come up with a solution.

AWESOME! That comment just made my day! :)

tampabay
02-28-2013, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE=SuRfY;988806]Doing rounds now huh,Sam? Can't join the map though..would love to look at your stats. :P

25316 he had 186dps saw him in kraag 10min ago

Energizeric
02-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Damn, I wonder if anyone has killed Sam in PvP. LOL

Regarding Hammerjaw, I don't really care much as I don't have him nor do I have an egg, but if I had a Hammerjaw egg that I was trying to sell, I would be very upset. With no achievement fulfilled by having this pet, you can expect prices of hammerjaw eggs to go WAAAYYYY DOWN!!

JaytB
02-28-2013, 07:03 PM
I'm happy with the new look :D

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/c5d32e72bddf63e2a16fd186be393ab7_zps4ca97053.jpg

mafiainc42
02-28-2013, 07:08 PM
any chance u will be removing mage class from pvp?

Genuinous
02-28-2013, 07:16 PM
And my newly bought Sealord Effigy of Security disappointingly disappeared...

As you can see, searching sea eff sec (for short) still gets the other items back... I hope this is just a mistake!

Limsi
02-28-2013, 07:26 PM
Not a fan of the Timed Banner's facelift.

Decrpito
02-28-2013, 07:52 PM
any chances for mages to receive a buff? we cant do high damage, not like a rogue, our good aoe skills have large cool downs ( fireball and time shift, we cant resist a hit from a boss, and we take a lot of aggro, yes the shield, but it last nothing, i have 200+ dmg and 220+ dps with oracle, so i have no bad gear but for example the class shoould be removed from pvp and now from pve, its useless, we dont have another skill bar to use buff attacks, to be useful in a party.. im dissapointed

Leeniskibac
02-28-2013, 07:55 PM
Why....?

Why would you make the rouge vanity set more than 3 times more expensive than sorc and war sets?

SuRfY
02-28-2013, 07:59 PM
I wonder how does the rogue one look like. cant find one in the CS to preview.

Madstar
02-28-2013, 08:25 PM
Wtf happenned to the banners? they look ugly now!! :( :( put them back....

Madstar
02-28-2013, 08:26 PM
Why....?

Why would you make the rouge vanity set more than 3 times more expensive than sorc and war sets?

cause they're 3 times more cool than sorcerers and warriors ones. us = recyclee y
you = new awesome :p :p

TwinkKiller
02-28-2013, 10:14 PM
By far worst update ever in this game. At least give us a plat sale. Take ur stupid banner and you know what with it. "/

TwinkKiller
02-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Why....?

Cause they are greedy and know pvp players buy vanity sets all the time. Rge is most common pvp class ;)

Energizeric
02-28-2013, 10:30 PM
Wtf happenned to the banners? they look ugly now!! :( :( put them back....

I'm not sure which banner you are referring to, but for the "top sorcerer" banner they just put a gold "II" in the middle. Other than that it's the same as before the update. I'm fine with that, it now indicates which season it's for. They should do the same with the level cap banner. Put a "16" or "21" or "26" on it so folks know which one it's for.

Limsi
02-28-2013, 10:31 PM
Damn, I wonder if anyone has killed Sam in PvP. LOL

Regarding Hammerjaw, I don't really care much as I don't have him nor do I have an egg, but if I had a Hammerjaw egg that I was trying to sell, I would be very upset. With no achievement fulfilled by having this pet, you can expect prices of hammerjaw eggs to go WAAAYYYY DOWN!!

I did once this evening.

Energizeric
02-28-2013, 10:35 PM
I did once this evening.

Congrats!! Doesn't surprise me since you kill everyone, usually multiple times!! Plus he is a mage, so probably not very difficult to kill. Did he have any special level 27 gear?

Limsi
02-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Congrats!! Doesn't surprise me since you kill everyone, usually multiple times!! Plus he is a mage, so probably not very difficult to kill. Did he have any special level 27 gear?

He's using the new Heraldic vanity set, and the crate weapon (Dark watch staff if I'm not mistaken). He also has a name colored in red without a title underneath. He showcases the usual skill build: Shield, fireball and lightning, pretty decent and good for a community guy who busies himself in managing the forums. How's pvp for you? Or rather how's merching for you? - I mostly see you farm in my FList so I'd just wanna know hah :)

MysticEntity
02-28-2013, 11:07 PM
I would love to buy the Night Assassin vanity for my roque, but at 50 plat I think I'll pass. ;)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Vystirch
02-28-2013, 11:28 PM
I would love to buy the Night Assassin vanity for my roque, but at 50 plat I think I'll pass. ;)

So for the one vanity set that isn't recolored, you won't buy it because it cost a reasonable amount more?

Jcyee
02-28-2013, 11:39 PM
By far worst update ever in this game. At least give us a plat sale. Take ur stupid banner and you know what with it. "/

Lol are you expecting a plat sale every update?

On another note, what's up with the new daily quest? How are we supposed to do it? I just went there to an empty map with like landmines or something that showed up on the minimap and it said that the quest was completed...

MysticEntity
03-01-2013, 12:26 AM
So for the one vanity set that isn't recolored, you won't buy it because it cost a reasonable amount more?

Correct, and because not everyone pays in dollars so the exchange rate might not be very favourable.

Do you understand?

Vystirch
03-01-2013, 12:44 AM
Correct, and because not everyone pays in dollars so the exchange rate might not be very favourable.

Do you understand?

So people that don't buy plat can't afford it your saying?
Well that makes perfect sense.

MysticEntity
03-01-2013, 01:11 AM
So people that don't buy plat can't afford it your saying?
Well that makes perfect sense.

I'm glad it finally makes sense to you. ;)

Energizeric
03-01-2013, 03:26 AM
He's using the new Heraldic vanity set, and the crate weapon (Dark watch staff if I'm not mistaken). He also has a name colored in red without a title underneath. He showcases the usual skill build: Shield, fireball and lightning, pretty decent and good for a community guy who busies himself in managing the forums. How's pvp for you? Or rather how's merching for you? - I mostly see you farm in my FList so I'd just wanna know hah :)

I was finally getting the hang of PvP before the new campaign was released. I seemed to be consistently at around 2-1 K/D ratio over the last week before the update. Since the update I've just been farming and merching. Merching is going well, farming not so much LOL. In PL I was one of the top few merchants and made a small fortune, so I'm hoping to do that here. It just takes a lot of time and studying/watching the CS to become successful. You really need to know exact price points of items, and how quick things sell. So prior to this update I had not really found the time to do it, but now I'm giving it a shot. I'm hoping to level up to 26 later this week and then I'll probably be doing some PvP again.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 03:47 AM
I'm glad it finally makes sense to you. ;)

:disturbed:

*cough*trial pay*cough*

Haligali
03-01-2013, 04:12 AM
so cool, thnx sts :)

Infrico
03-01-2013, 04:54 AM
Thinking that this update would buff mages, the weakest PvP class, instead they were nerfed more lmao. You should have kept the damage output the same for mage and nerf all other classes. -_-

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 06:23 AM
The top player banner is completely different. It doesn't have the shiny anymore, nor the little square visual effects on the flag.

Put them back please. Just leave the ''II'' but put back their design.

I'm just tempted to liquidate it now, since it's ugly and it'll make more space.

:(

Partyboy
03-01-2013, 06:25 AM
"Ancient Mariner Reef now has a minion kill requirement for the boss to spawn."

I don't like this one. I prefer the old ancient mariner reef. Takes time to kill minions :(

da_shift
03-01-2013, 07:00 AM
awsome update .

da_shift
03-01-2013, 07:02 AM
"Ancient Mariner Reef now has a minion kill requirement for the boss to spawn."

I don't like this one. I prefer the old ancient mariner reef. Takes time to kill minions :(

It's because u need to be pro in order to farm reef. It was a bug, now fixed.

Exion
03-01-2013, 07:36 AM

*cough*trial pay*cough*

Trial pay doesn't have free offers so that doesn't solve it.. and the other one only has a 1 plat offer once in a blue moon.

wvhills
03-01-2013, 08:41 AM
I don't like the increased difficulty of elite zones. If ur concerned with the number of pinks in the game then I would have lowered the drop rate and made the elite maps a little easier. I played through some last night with my guild (all pro players but me, hehe) and we had a real hard time. Before I could farm all the time but now I'm not going to farm unless I see my friends online. I think the elite zones are unplayable in pugs the way they are now. I think this is going to lead to less time in game (I know it is for me) which equals less plats.

As far as the pvp damage reduction- I'm pretty sure rogues were the only ones nerfed or at least they recieved the biggest reduction. I still die just as fast so it seems the other classes can still deal damage. I use up all my mana in a 1 vs 1 situation and the guy is still alive. I asked a few warriors and mages in game and they didn't noticed any difference in their attacks. You say the change was made to make games more tactical and less bursty but this change is only going to lead to everyone becoming warriors and staying in the middle and spamming vengeful, ribbit, windmill and shield.

Please, please, please, please, please...I'm begging you guys (the devs) ...please make alts of the different classes and go on the real game servers and play pvp to get an idea of what's going on there. I think you could benefit in playing against people who actually pvp and not just against each other on your private servers.

wvhills
03-01-2013, 08:42 AM

*cough*trial pay*cough*

I'm not sure where u live man but the US has tons of free plat offers. Those who live in other countries get very few free offers.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 08:55 AM
I'm not sure where u live man but the US has tons of free plat offers. Those who live in other countries get very few free offers.

I do agree. But with TrialPay & W3i, i'm sure there's a few free ones.

Well, if not, then StS should do something about it even if it's not their problem, since it's a bit unfair for those people?

CosmoxKramer
03-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Bravo on the PVP damage reduction/re-balance. I've been hoping and saying this for a while. love you guys!

Jellowpy
03-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Problem with new elite map is that MOBS are too hard .. Make boss a hard fight not the mobs..
One more problem is why is it some lvl 25 elite legendary are better than Lvl26 Legendary case in Point Agile lifethief of Potency lvl25 worth 2-2.5M because it smokes lvl 26 depraved weapon and almost atpar or outdamages Arcane weapon minus Awesome proc of Arcane ...

gundamsone
03-01-2013, 10:09 AM
My L16 ALP hits harder than L26 Best Depraved/Heartseekers.
Skill damage wise the l26's are better but we auto atk spam and that's where ALP's shine.

And the PVP re-balance didn't really change much. Warriors still 1 hit with windmill...got hit for 2600 crit today endgame.

Erdnase
03-01-2013, 10:45 AM
I cant say im thrilled over the look of the new vanities, or at least just for mage. But hey, maybe we'll be getting some more in a few weeks for easter? haha we need an easter egg vanity for mage.

Vystirch
03-01-2013, 10:57 AM
I don't like the increased difficulty of elite zones. If ur concerned with the number of pinks in the game then I would have lowered the drop rate and made the elite maps a little easier. I played through some last night with my guild (all pro players but me, hehe) and we had a real hard time. Before I could farm all the time but now I'm not going to farm unless I see my friends online. I think the elite zones are unplayable in pugs the way they are now. I think this is going to lead to less time in game (I know it is for me) which equals less plats.

There are plenty of good players on at all times, my guild is able to breeze quite well through the mobs. Granted its harder but I'm glad that there is something more for the hard core players to do.

As far as the pvp damage reduction- I'm pretty sure rogues were the only ones nerfed or at least they recieved the biggest reduction. I still die just as fast so it seems the other classes can still deal damage. I use up all my mana in a 1 vs 1 situation and the guy is still alive. I asked a few warriors and mages in game and they didn't noticed any difference in their attacks. You say the change was made to make games more tactical and less bursty but this change is only going to lead to everyone becoming warriors and staying in the middle and spamming vengeful, ribbit, windmill and shield.

You are so right on this.

Please, please, please, please, please...I'm begging you guys (the devs) ...please make alts of the different classes and go on the real game servers and play pvp to get an idea of what's going on there. I think you could benefit in playing against people who actually pvp and not just against each other on your private servers.

ik some of the mods/devs quite well as of late, and they do have alts running around. Some pretty high lvl lb toons.

my replies in bold above,
-Vys

Swede
03-01-2013, 11:18 AM
Thinking that this update would buff mages, the weakest PvP class, instead they were nerfed more lmao. You should have kept the damage output the same for mage and nerf all other classes. -_-

Although I won't give away any numbers, Sorcerers were actually nerfed the least for PvP.

octavos
03-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Although I won't give away any numbers, Sorcerers were actually nerfed the least for PvP.

praise the lord...finally payback XD

telstra
03-01-2013, 11:46 AM
After the patch. I can't feel my rogue anymore in pvp. It's like I'm hitting a boss in the elite maps. If u reduce our dmg output in pvp. Be sure to reduce the healing capability of the warriors too. To rebalance the game. They still high dmg output with very efficient healing abilities. I think, pvp times on 21 lvl cap is better than this new patch. As what I've observe.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 11:48 AM
After the patch. I can't feel my rogue anymore in pvp. It's like I'm hitting a boss in the elite maps. If u reduce our dmg output in pvp. Be sure to reduce the healing capability of the warriors too. To rebalance the game. They still high dmg output with very efficient healing abilities. I think, pvp times on 21 lvl cap is better than this new patch. As what I've observe.

+1.

mafiainc42
03-01-2013, 11:51 AM

+1.

and rogues heal packs tisk tisk

mafiainc42
03-01-2013, 11:53 AM

they should have not been nerfed at all

gundamsone
03-01-2013, 11:53 AM
I noticed a slight change in damage output but in the games i've played since the patch, I still averaged 2-5x more kills than anyone else so I think the update is fine. You guys still need to look into the crazy windmill damage outburst which I don't think has been fixed yet.

Vystirch
03-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Ok I understand your thoughts on the achievement awarding system, but rly if I buy the arcane hooks I want the achievement or if I buy and open hammerjaw I want to get the achievement. If I am going to get one of these items by purchase I rly want to be able to get the achievement...... I think you need to think of some way that payers who buy it get the achievement.......

wvhills
03-01-2013, 01:47 PM
I honestly think all these changes in pvp are to sell plat. I think they wait til everyone gets a build that works then change the pvp rules so everyone has to respec 10 times to find something that works then change again, etc... It's either that or they honestly want everyone to switch to warrior class.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 02:40 PM
I agree with Wvhills,

Also, not being able to get the achievement without LOOTING it is just to sell platinums also.
Spending 10 million gold on an item but no achievement = Absolutely NOT reasonable.

Hammerjaw did grant the achievement. At least, why on earth did they change that? Oh, need to sell more platinums.

Like if it wasn't enough? Why no purchase confirmation? That's a BIG deal already.

After all these years with StS, it is officially my first time being REALLY disappointed.

mafiainc42
03-01-2013, 03:04 PM
I honestly think all these changes in pvp are to sell plat. I think they wait til everyone gets a build that works then change the pvp rules so everyone has to respec 10 times to find something that works then change again, etc... It's either that or they honestly want everyone to switch to warrior class.

or have no clue on what to do

Energizeric
03-01-2013, 03:31 PM

This was surely needed as we were the weakest class. I'm looking forward to trying it out. First I have to finish leveling to 26. Then I will do some PvP.

wvhills
03-01-2013, 04:00 PM
This was surely needed as we were the weakest class. I'm looking forward to trying it out. First I have to finish leveling to 26. Then I will do some PvP.

Unless ur a warrior u won't like it.

Decrpito
03-01-2013, 04:02 PM
Agree with vwhills, they want to make us sorceres to turn to warriors, start a new player, buy plat for bundlees, pets, money, etc. since plat isn't tradeable..

Shaukei
03-01-2013, 04:26 PM
For goodness' sake, give the devs some time. Balancing, managing and expanding an MMO is a lot harder than you might think. These accusations are, in my opinion, rash and disrespectful. I can certainly understand some people being upset, but I'm sure STS realizes a business model based on 'forcing' customers to pay by breaking the game won't last.

EDIT: Just to make sure there's no further misunderstandings: I'm only talking to the people making accusing STS of breaking game elements to make players spend more platinum. I have no qualms with people commenting on what they think needs to be improved.

Very glad to hear this! I was disappointed to find out how often I can't maintain aggro even with 3 taunt skills.

Syylent
03-01-2013, 05:36 PM
For goodness' sake, give the devs some time. Balancing, managing and expanding an MMO is a lot harder than you might think. These accusations are, in my opinion, rash and disrespectful. I can certainly understand some people being upset, but I'm sure STS realizes a business model based on 'forcing' customers to pay by breaking the game won't last.

Very glad to hear this! I was disappointed to find out how often I can't maintain aggro even with 3 taunt skills.

How much time? 1 week, 6 months? 1 year?

I spent over 100 plat in respecs on my rogue. Do you really think I am going to do that again? Right now I am contemplating whether I want to grind to 26 or not... I tried pvp at 25.. Wasn't much fun. Warriors still stun, boom pow me...Sorcs stun and call forth from the heaven a lightning bolt that knocks me through the walls while I am stunned or frozen. At 2k health I am a gnat to them... Yet they feel my damage needs to be nerfed. I get about 1000 exp a night if I am lucky and not frustrated by Joe warrior who enters the maze and decides to let me the rogue tank and watches me die. 1000 exp a night is 26 nights before I am 26 and can do what I like.. pvp..

You all really don't want to know what I have to say to that.

Swede
03-01-2013, 05:48 PM

I spent over 100 plat in respecs on my rogue. Do you really think I am going to do that again? Right now I am contemplating whether I want to grind to 26 or not... I tried pvp at 25.. Wasn't much fun. Warriors still stun, boom pow me...Sorcs stun and call forth from the heaven a lightning bolt that knocks me through the walls while I am stunned or frozen. At 2k health I am a gnat to them... Yet they feel my damage needs to be nerfed. I get about 1000 exp a night if I am lucky and not frustrated by Joe warrior who enters the maze and decides to let me the rogue tank and watches me die. 1000 exp a night is 26 nights before I am 26 and can do what I like.. pvp..

You just answered yourself why it's so hard to balance PvP. In this thread there's about 5 posts saying that the Sorcerer is useless in PvP, yet you say that you have no chance against them. Even in house it's not easy for us to find the correct answer to all the different ways you can be efficient with a class in PvP. Some of us are better at a certain class than others, some of us are better at PvP in general. So we test against each other and might get completely different results than you do.

If we just went ahead and made changes based on a majority of today's forum posts, we would significantly nerf Warriors. If we instead based it on just your post, we would buff rogues. If we based it on my play results today, we would nerf Sorcerers.

That's why we do small changes instead of large ones, watch the data, play test and then adjust again. It's an ongoing cycle that will probably never end. World of Warcraft is about a decade old now and they're still adjusting PvP balance. It won't be quite as difficult for us since we're not as deep and have as many classes etc but it's still not easy.

Shaukei
03-01-2013, 06:02 PM

It's unwise to spend lots of platinum on respecs in an unstable time like this. The level cap just got raised, so of course it's gonna take a few weeks for things to finally settle down. Again, balance is extremely hard to do. Swede explained that better than I ever could in the post above.

I'm not saying "don't complain" - it's fine to point out the things you think need fixing. But accusations like some of the above are hasty, disrespectful, and, given some thought, make little sense from a business perspective anyway.

Rare
03-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Just make so you can only fight your own class!!

Energizeric
03-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I messed around with some specs, but not to try to beat the system. The purpose of respecs is to decide which skills & stats suit your playing style and which you prefer. If you are respecing so that you can beat the system, i.e. choosing one skill over another not because you just like how it works better but because you think it makes you better, then you are going to be disappointed because they will continue to make adjustments over time.

In the end, all skills should be equally useful and your skill build should simply be based on your preferences and playing style. Do you like to charge ahead and tank, or do you prefer to stay back and hit from range? Do you prefer to play a more defensive game, or do you prefer to attack first? Do you prefer to solo, or do you prefer to stick with a group? These are the questions that should determine which skills/stats you choose. Not which ones are "better" due to the latest update, because this will always be changing.

Perhaps I'm alone here, but back in December when they gave free respecs (before PvP came out) I tried out a few different skill builds and choose the 4 skills I liked the best, and I have not changed them since. I like what I like, and I'm not going to let an update here or there change that. And since I like these skills best in PvE, there is no reason I would not like these skills best in PvP. It really doesn't matter who I am fighting (boss, mobs, or another player), I like what I like, and that is what I use. Folks keep telling me "get shield". Well, I tried shield in December and did not like it, so I'm not going to use it. End of story. And I'd just like to point out, I do just fine in PvP. I have a very nice positive K/D ratio, and I've not spent any plat on respecs. :)

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 06:15 PM
Just make so you can only fight your own class!!

Devs please gimme more points to thank posts xD

telstra
03-01-2013, 06:51 PM

Don't you understand, this comments of us about the latest patch gives an idea to devs of what's the problem. And for yourself, this is a forum. Comments and ideas are generally accepted to make the game more interesting. Disrespecting? Wake up from your senses!

Shaukei
03-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Don't you understand, this comments of us about the latest patch gives an idea to devs of what's the problem. And for yourself, this is a forum. Comments and ideas are generally accepted to make the game more interesting. Disrespecting? Wake up from your senses!

As I already stated, it's fine, encouraged even, to point out what you think needs to be fixed. That is not what I was talking about. I was criticizing the accusations about STS purposely breaking elements of the game to make people spend more platinum. In my opinion, those are rash statements that are disrespectful to the devs' hard work and don't make much sense to begin with.

mafiainc42
03-01-2013, 07:32 PM
did someone say nerf sorceres omg. lol. think i need a drink!!!!

wvhills
03-01-2013, 08:32 PM
As I already stated, it's fine, encouraged even, to point out what you think needs to be fixed. That is not what I was talking about. I was criticizing the accusations about STS purposely breaking elements of the game to make people spend more platinum. In my opinion, those are rash statements that are disrespectful to the devs' hard work and don't make much sense to begin with.

But every time they rebalance it it just gets worse. Look at how many posts some of the people on here have. We're not new people who have just come here to rant.

kiffnshey
03-01-2013, 08:40 PM
this new update is good but why al making so hard for farming if so hard never mind but make less mob even very hard n i completed all elite maps get achivement but without loot mythic or arcane item dont too stink to give those item and i spend alot plat for those thing but upset.This elite skull cove even update told not too long but still too mant mobs, pls make less mobs and during captain bloodhammer on life pls stop mobs to help him,players very tired to take long way kill boss pls understand now many players so boring to do farm n do elite only they like do elite jarl coz short time n easy.. I support space studio with sl game because i want enjoy n get fun so pls make al game more enjoy game not suck game realease more mythic n arcane item so when players get those item they will happy

Thank you.

wvhills
03-01-2013, 08:45 PM
That's why we do small changes instead of large ones, watch the data, play test and then adjust again. It's an ongoing cycle that will probably never end. World of Warcraft is about a decade old now and they're still adjusting PvP balance. It won't be quite as difficult for us since we're not as deep and have as many classes etc but it's still not easy.

No disrespect man but I'm calling bs on u referring to what happened to rogues as a small change. Lol.
Also, I've said before, u guys really need to stay off ur in house servers and stop pvping each other. Go in game and play real pvpers who know what's going on.

That's just what I think will help pvp but I don't really care anymore. I'm a rogue and I'm tired of spending money respecing every time someone whines about rogues damage. I'm playing pve only now and since I don't need the best gear for pvp now I'll be playing AL much, much less.

It's been obvious to everyone pvping that the problem is warriors shield and mages lack of damage. If u get 2 warriors in the same game who rotate shield then all they have to do is shield, vengeful, ribbit and windmill. Everyone knows this that's why most games end up being 6 warriors clumped up in the middle. If u would take away their shield and buff up mages (from where they were they're fine now) then everything would have been fine. But now U've made it so rogues are completely useless.

This update has ruined pvp and u guys should have known it before it was ever rolled out. Even if u fix it anymore I'm not buying any more respecs (and I have 700 plat so I'm not being cheap). It's just the principle of it. It seems like ur making changes every two weeks just to have us spend plat respecing to figure out something that works and I'm done with it.

kiffnshey
03-01-2013, 08:55 PM
I agree with Wvhills,

Also, not being able to get the achievement without LOOTING it is just to sell platinums also.
Spending 10 million gold on an item but no achievement = Absolutely NOT reasonable.

Hammerjaw did grant the achievement. At least, why on earth did they change that? Oh, need to sell more platinums.

Like if it wasn't enough? Why no purchase confirmation? That's a BIG deal already.

After all these years with StS, it is officially my first time being REALLY disappointed.

I Agreed with your statement i do what update news told but nothing loot or drop spend so much plat but upset ,I advice STS if what sell yours plat more make those thing easy the get when ppl spend and get what have you promise.

Shaukei
03-01-2013, 09:26 PM
But every time they rebalance it it just ets worse. Look at how many posts some of the people on here have. We're not new people who have just come here to rant.

I'm not saying the game is balanced. It's not. Yet.

But routinely dissatisfying your customers is a bad business model, and I'm sure STS knows that. No matter how valid your criticisms on game balance, I think accusing them of trying to force players to spend more platinum on respecs is just jumping to conclusions. It's far more likely that the problem is just that balance is hard.

Keep in mind many players don't even bother with respecs, let alone 100+ plat worth of them.

Genuinous
03-01-2013, 09:29 PM

If you look at the dmg output, I agree (since aoe has less importance, where lies the true purpose of mages)

But:
-Mages lost most of their stun skills compared to pve or had them nerfed (100% freeze vs some quite low %)
-Shield is repeatedly nerfed, and as we level up it becomes even weaker, yet I have not seen any changes to increase (or make it linked to lvl or dmg) total dmg reduction. I wonder if at lvl 31-36-etc, will it still be 500 hp points?
-Mages biggest skills is stun, which have been greatly nerfed by a huge immunity (though I agree with eradicating stunlock, 7.5s is a really long time, often fights dont last that long)
-With a normal attack hitting around 150, skills 300 and lighting criting 500-1k(+ for some lucky ones) we are expected to stand a chance against warriors with 4k hp, 1k armor and who hit 1k with each swing of their windmill? I honestly didn't mind 1 hit ko from rogues, it made sense. Rogue's would hit high on me if I was caught without my shield, but when I got it, I could fight them well. That's why rogues are rogues. And mages die once their shield runs out. Warriors hitting high is just absurd, I know you guys said windmill is working as intended, but I just have a hard time accepting the fact that for a class with the highest hp and armor you also assigned the highest dmg output..

Limsi
03-01-2013, 09:45 PM
I'm pretty sure rogues right now feel a little bit nerfed than before - no biggie on this, yet the buff of those tanks makes it hard for me to swallow ;( Good job though for the new update!

Bejo
03-01-2013, 11:16 PM
sorry guys, i have little different opinion about geting achievement by buy mytic and arcane rarity gear from someone, if we can get achievement by buy then i prefer just borrow to my friends who have it and done, i get achievement without losing a single gold nor plat. And i think all my guild mate will have achievement when just 1 get it. That achievement special and exclusive and i want still like that, you get it by luck not by rich, even you can get it by open crate with plat but still you need luck to get it. That just my opinion.

Vystirch
03-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Warriors must have a nerf. There is no other alternative...... Period.

thekdub
03-02-2013, 01:14 AM
I've been withholding judgement on pvp rebalancing until you guys were finished with the new cap. Figured you guys were too busy to properly fix the issues everyone has been reporting. I am now expecting a warrior nerf and mage buff in the very near future. To continue to ignore these glaring imbalances would make me question the competency of the STS staff. Or wonder if you even care. Please don't let us down. I really enjoy this game, but once you hit the level cap, there is nothing to do but farm or pvp. And mages are the worst at both. For the first time since I started playing this game, I'm considering just walking away.

Mladen
03-02-2013, 10:26 AM
reef farming ruined...all other kraken maps too hard even for my 300dps minions are too tough..well.. back to jarl.. only map farmable since game release.. ._.

If you look at the dmg output, I agree (since aoe has less importance, where lies the true purpose of mages)

But:
-Mages lost most of their stun skills compared to pve or had them nerfed (100% freeze vs some quite low %)
-Shield is repeatedly nerfed, and as we level up it becomes even weaker, yet I have not seen any changes to increase (or make it linked to lvl or dmg) total dmg reduction. I wonder if at lvl 31-36-etc, will it still be 500 hp points?
-Mages biggest skills is stun, which have been greatly nerfed by a huge immunity (though I agree with eradicating stunlock, 7.5s is a really long time, often fights dont last that long)
-With a normal attack hitting around 150, skills 300 and lighting criting 500-1k(+ for some lucky ones) we are expected to stand a chance against warriors with 4k hp, 1k armor and who hit 1k with each swing of their windmill? I honestly didn't mind 1 hit ko from rogues, it made sense. Rogue's would hit high on me if I was caught without my shield, but when I got it, I could fight them well. That's why rogues are rogues. And mages die once their shield runs out. Warriors hitting high is just absurd, I know you guys said windmill is working as intended, but I just have a hard time accepting the fact that for a class with the highest hp and armor you also assigned the highest dmg output..

100% agree, i hope staff notices this..

Syylent
03-02-2013, 11:54 AM
You just answered yourself why it's so hard to balance PvP. In this thread there's about 5 posts saying that the Sorcerer is useless in PvP, yet you say that you have no chance against them. Even in house it's not easy for us to find the correct answer to all the different ways you can be efficient with a class in PvP. Some of us are better at a certain class than others, some of us are better at PvP in general. So we test against each other and might get completely different results than you do.

If we just went ahead and made changes based on a majority of today's forum posts, we would significantly nerf Warriors. If we instead based it on just your post, we would buff rogues. If we based it on my play results today, we would nerf Sorcerers.

I realize that. Still what effectively is a good time to wait for the balance to come? I have been around the road in mmo's for a long time. I have seen good re-balancing and pathetic re-balancing, this would be in other games in other decades. AL is the first of your games that I have played. I also had the unfortunate pleasure of being in a game where they would not balance the class because a large majority of paying customers played a certain class. Quite frankly it led to their downfall too because the people finally said enough was enough. You can research back on it as well.

Well if you decide to make changes on forum posts then there are other issues involved. I would assume you would take the guidance of forum post and then internally test them. I would hope that your test team could make unbiased decisions based on their testing of the environment.

I also have a warrior and a mage. My levels are 25, 21, and 18. I just happen to like my rogue the most, well until the most recent update. Which has made it quite a bummer on my side. My K/D ratio on my rogue is something akin to 5000/5400 so I am not a pro I play it for fun.

Since you have mentioned a game, I will state I have never played WoW. I started paying online games in 1985 prior to that I did a few BBS games and helped the local mods with their setups. This was back when a 2400 baud modem was all the rage. The mmo to me came in with Sierra Online. From that I played Asherons call and was one of the people who happen to start up the largest Monarchy they had seen. I believe it was 4000 strong when I left with a few others to Dark Ages of Camelot. I played that for 6 years with many different sets of guilds. From there I broke off to Warhammer Online in which balance issues where incredibly lame. After that fiasco I swore I would never pay for another game again. AL was the first game since that period that I ever paid for or shelled out money from you sponsors. My wife got flowers for Valentine's day yet they messed up the order and she never received them. Go figure.

No offense but my job is not easy as well. Imagine dealing with the IRS everyday of the week.

I guess bottom line. The fun went away. I enjoyed the month or 2 months that I have played. Your pvp kept me here.

I don't know if your budget allows it or not. Most of the time the best answer to pvp is from the players themselves in a test room, not the developer.

Anyway this post and the other was not meant to be in a hostile mode. I hope you did not receive it that way. This was just the first game in many years that I had high hopes for. The good thing is I could go to my daughters' different events and play. A 4 hours dance/piano recital is quite long, yanking out my phone or tablet to play was a wonderful way to have the time go by.

telstra
03-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Still no patch.. I quit..

Mysticaleagle
03-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Still no patch.. I quit..

What patch?

azbestwarior
03-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Why im hv posible problem for login game?

Mladen
03-03-2013, 11:02 AM
thatsit i quit pvp untill warriors get nerfed.. am sick of their healing horn, juggernaut, hammer stun..and that spinning hammer.. since pvp first came i never could kill a warrior, now its even more terrible.. i have 621 armor, 2300 health 286dps, skills: lightning.. fireball, frostbolt, lifegiver.. it all means nothing.. first when i see a warrior..uses jugger..stuns me with a hammer and 20hp gone, uses spinning hammer and it hits me twice and am dead.. if by some luck i stun him and within 3 seconds do as much damage possible he just uses healing horn which heals 400hp every 1.5 seconds.. what chance do you have? i mean really i notice that spinning hammer does 1k damage per crit hit.. what for? the strongest class 3700hp 1100 armor you assinged the biggest damage output also.. how do you expect a mage to do that kind of damage?...
rogues have 1.5k or even 2k dmg per aimed shot crit.. warriors have healing horn..jugger.. and all other things i said.. what do mages have? 3 seconds stun which works after 7 seconds after first stun.. usually fight doesnt last that long.. crit hit maybe? yeah.. if u got a lightning strike skill and if you get lucky to make a crit shoot with our 1% or 2% crit.. and i see a post in one of devs posts that by he's gameplay mages should be nerfed..

carmany
03-03-2013, 08:30 PM
I wonder to say..hammerjaw should got achievement when opened it
And rogue mythic look really ugly

kiffnshey
03-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Because of this new update and making to do farm at reef has been change one by: one my friends n guilders quit to play this game as i told to you al devlopment realease more mythic helm and making for elite less mobs

Jellowpy
03-06-2013, 12:40 AM
Wow a lot of our guildmates are quittin too, i thought it was only happening in our guild..

Its maybe because we are fighting elite mobs not elite boss fights ... Fighting hard boss fights are very much welcome but fighting mobs that only offers tons of hp and armors are not

kiffnshey
03-06-2013, 04:26 AM
yes you are right fighting with mob drink pot alot not yet boss therefore alot players getting bored pls management sts use urs brain to making less mobs n when fighting with boss dont put some more mobs like elite skull this not elite but for me this cruel game
Wow a lot of our guildmates are quittin too, i thought it was only happening in our guild..

Its maybe because we are fighting elite mobs not elite boss fights ... Fighting hard boss fights are very much welcome but fighting mobs that only offers tons of hp and armors are not