PDA

View Full Version : [Daily] Visit Aegir Island

SkyDagger
02-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Im just confused what is this quest all about?? I got the quest and didnt redirect me to the island so i check on my quest log and go to.. then after going on the island what will i do? theres no mobs or something and i w8 about 30 sec circling around there.

So I decided to back in Paradise Jewel .. and o.O complete quest NO REWARD OR SOMETHING SPECIAL.

Is there a problem here?

Swede
02-28-2013, 06:34 PM
There are little piles of sand on the ground that you can dig up. That's your real chance at good loot. Yeah you can just visit the island and finish the quest but you're robbing yourself of the chance to get the good loot.

SkyDagger
02-28-2013, 06:39 PM
tnx for the post.. i know now what to do nxt time :)

Mysticaleagle
02-28-2013, 06:43 PM
What good loot?

SuRfY
02-28-2013, 06:47 PM
There are little piles of sand on the ground that you can dig up. That's your real chance at good loot. Yeah you can just visit the island and finish the quest but you're robbing yourself of the chance to get the good loot.

I only got 19 gold from the map and there isn't any quest complete indication. Went back to the ship and can't turn in anything.

Edit: Went in the second time and died twice due to complacency...surprised to find Jarl inside...and he hits pretty hard. Got a copper pirate chest from him.

Swede
02-28-2013, 06:55 PM
I only got 19 gold from the map and there isn't any quest complete indication. Went back to the ship and can't turn in anything.

The quest is completed as soon as you visit the island and you get your 200 gold right there. Only getting 19 gold out of the digging is just bad luck.

SuRfY
02-28-2013, 06:56 PM
The quest is completed as soon as you visit the island and you get your 200 gold right there. Only getting 19 gold out of the digging is just bad luck.

I think the quest is broken. I am on the island now..for the third time. Or does that mean keep going to the island and farm until u get the 200 gold?

I dig out a silver pirate chest on my 3rd visit. Now on the island for the 4th time.

SkyDagger
02-28-2013, 07:03 PM
I think the quest is broken. I am on the island now..for the third time. Or does that mean keep going to the island and farm until u get the 200 gold?

I dig out a silver pirate chest on my 3rd visit. Now on the island for the 4th time.

o.O what do you mean there that you can get the quest everytime?

SuRfY
02-28-2013, 07:05 PM
Means when you go back to the NPC, she just says nothing to let u complete the quest. The quest is forever open so just keep visit the island and farm there. I am on the island now for the 5th time.

Danmei
02-28-2013, 07:06 PM
where is this quest?

SkyDagger
02-28-2013, 07:12 PM
Means when you go back to the NPC, she just says nothing to let u complete the quest. The quest is forever open so just keep visit the island and farm there. I am on the island now for the 5th time.

hmmm.. maybe its a bug.. what happen on me when i exit to paradise jewl it say completed quest.

SuRfY
02-28-2013, 07:12 PM
I cant visit it anymore. Maybe the daily limit of the quest is 5 times a day? And i never get my 300 gold which the quest stated. I only get 1 copper pirate chest,1 silver pirate chest,1 green and 5 white.

Anyway, i have 3 characters...gonna go try it again on my alts.

SkyDagger
02-28-2013, 07:14 PM
where is this quest?

Paradise Jewel.. go to Paradise pier then go paradise jewel youll see Aliviada i think.. not sure with the name

SuRfY
02-28-2013, 07:21 PM
hmmm.. maybe its a bug.. what happen on me when i exit to paradise jewl it say completed quest.

It never says anything like that to me. No NPC to turn in to, no teleportation to the map like the bard quest, no gold coins when finish digging all the sands and unlimited visiting of the quest map. Seems cool. Hope to farm 100 pirate chest there now.

Decrpito
02-28-2013, 07:23 PM
I digged all the holes on my first visist and got a commond blade thats the good loot? 5 coins..? something is wrong

SuRfY
02-28-2013, 07:28 PM
I digged all the holes on my first visist and got a commond blade thats the good loot? 5 coins..? something is wrong

There is a chance to dig out Jarl and he will drop pirate chest. Killed Jarl twice on the island already. And i dig out a silver pirate chest on my 4th visit.

Cero
02-28-2013, 07:32 PM
where can you get the quest?
do i have to do all isle quest to get thw daily??T_T i dont wanna

(i ddnt do any isle quest.)

Decrpito
02-28-2013, 07:33 PM
i cant complete the quest, and the npc has nothing to say to me, i think is broken or something like that didnt got the 200 coins neither

SuRfY
02-28-2013, 07:34 PM
i cant complete the quest, and the npc has nothing to say to me, i think is broken or something like that didnt got the 200 coins neither

I checked again while using my alt. The coins are given the moment u enter the island using the quest log page. On your chat box, it will indicate quest complete and the coins are already added to your gold.

The items are what i got on the island.

euromikeym
02-28-2013, 10:47 PM
How do you go back to the island after the first time you accept the Daily? I'd like to go a few times again.

Jcyee
02-28-2013, 11:49 PM
If this is a daily quest, how are you guys going back to the quest/island multiple times?

SuRfY
03-01-2013, 01:11 AM
There isn't a quest completed after you left the map. When i go back to the quest log, the font of the quest is green in colour and when i click it, there is a "Go to" button on it. So I keep entering through there. It's similar to the "Silk Stalker" quest where you have the quest completed and in the quest logs but you can't turn it in. Only difference is Silk Stalker doesn't have a "Go To" button on the quest log.

euromikeym
03-01-2013, 01:28 AM
Well that sounds like some sort of 'totally unfair' bug to me. The quest log is empty as soon as you complete it. The item is deleted from the log. Just how yours is being kept in, I'd love to know.

And if this is a bug, where the quest should truly be a 'Daily', once play, then what are the DEVS going to do about the people that have made extra loot and benefitted, unfairly.

There isn't a quest completed after you left the map. When i go back to the quest log, the font of the quest is green in colour and when i click it, there is a "Go to" button on it. So I keep entering through there. It's similar to the "Silk Stalker" quest where you have the quest completed and in the quest logs but you can't turn it in. Only difference is Silk Stalker doesn't have a "Go To" button on the quest log.

SuRfY
03-01-2013, 03:30 AM
Well that sounds like some sort of 'totally unfair' bug to me. The quest log is empty as soon as you complete it. The item is deleted from the log. Just how yours is being kept in, I'd love to know.

And if this is a bug, where the quest should truly be a 'Daily', once play, then what are the DEVS going to do about the people that have made extra loot and benefitted, unfairly.

That's why i posted it up for their attention. If I really wanna take advantage of that, i could have keep quiet about it. lol.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 03:42 AM

Unfair advantage on what?

Getting more daggers and smelly plates than everyone?

euromikeym
03-01-2013, 05:16 AM
Unfair advantage on what?

Getting more daggers and smelly plates than everyone?

YES! I want my chance to get more daggers, smelly plates and don't forget the rusty blades.

What else is there to do since the Elite maps are no fun anymore? QUESTS!!!!!

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 05:28 AM
YES! I want my chance to get more daggers, smelly plates and don't forget the rusty blades.

What else is there to do since the Elite maps are no fun anymore? QUESTS!!!!!

That doesn't even make sense.

You're actually complaining about people taking advantage on getting more smelly plates, daggers and yes like you said, rusty blades.

SuRfY
03-01-2013, 05:31 AM
You can dig out a Jarl (that drop pirate chest) or pirate chest on that quest.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 05:41 AM
You can dig out a Jarl (that drop pirate chest) or pirate chest on that quest.

If it's not Elite, it remains the same. Loot would really be crap. :p

AtariX
03-01-2013, 06:17 AM
How can you dig something up? I was there for 5 mins last night and couldn't do anything.

Cero
03-01-2013, 06:28 AM
get near and tap/attack those glowing circle rings on the ground....

did it warlier and only allowed me to "go to" x2. but meh, loots need improvement.

SuRfY
03-01-2013, 08:04 AM
How can you dig something up? I was there for 5 mins last night and couldn't do anything.

Using the same screenshot i posted on page 1, i circled it in red.

jlinder2003
03-01-2013, 10:02 AM
I was able to do it twice today because I did not talk to the NPC on the island. I talked to him yesterday and was only able to do it once. Unfortunately, I got only junk so far.

I do like the quest but it has some bugs.

AtariX
03-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Using the same screenshot i posted on page 1, i circled it in red.

Thanks, helped a lot.

SuRfY
03-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Thanks, helped a lot.

No problem.

Genuinous
03-01-2013, 11:09 AM
I often have to go back 2-3 times to complete the quest (3 toons)
Also I've gone back 4 times today with my rogue and there was nothing there. No spawning, no completion, no little yellow circles to dig at. I was just walking around there, then reentering looking dumb... Then I went back 20 mins later and it was working once again, not sure what happened...

Swede
03-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Obviously you're not supposed to be able to enter the island more than once per day. We're trying to figure out why some players can.

Uicheusa
03-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Also I cant accept the quest at all from the captain on ship , while it seemed normal yesterday.

euromikeym
03-01-2013, 05:18 PM
That doesn't even make sense.

You're actually complaining about people taking advantage on getting more smelly plates, daggers and yes like you said, rusty blades.

I was trying to be funny!!! Guess I should stick to my day job, then!

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 06:13 PM
I was trying to be funny!!! Guess I should stick to my day job, then!

Crap -.-

SuRfY
03-02-2013, 01:44 AM
Obviously you're not supposed to be able to enter the island more than once per day. We're trying to figure out why some players can.

To give some light to this, I was playing on Google Chrome. Out of the 5 times I went in, the 3rd time Jarl and some minions were already spawned without me digging the sand. It seemed like someone was there before I entered it. They were attacking someone in one corner with the white timeshifts until I entered the map. They then shifted their attention on me suddenly. Hope it helped.

Chaim Nail
03-04-2013, 12:48 PM
I've been to the island 6 times now and not a single chest :(

Genuinous
03-04-2013, 01:12 PM
I've been to the island 6 times now and not a single chest :(

Yeah since they fixed the reentering bug, I haven't seen Jarl either, before that I saw him almost every time...

jlinder2003
03-04-2013, 02:08 PM
I saw Jarl once since the bug was fixed. He is still there, just hiding a little better.

Jarl sure gets around...

KillaSkillz
03-04-2013, 06:17 PM
I've gotten whites,Coin from the others and 2 greens so far off of jarls. I'll give it another week but it comes across to me as a complete waste of my time. Good gears, bahhhh.

Jcyee
03-04-2013, 11:09 PM
I'm too lazy to read the previous posts. But my question is, what have you guys seen/gotten from this quest? So far I've only see those red crabs and ghost jellyfish...

SkyDagger
03-05-2013, 01:09 AM
I'm too lazy to read the previous posts. But my question is, what have you guys seen/gotten from this quest? So far I've only see those red crabs and ghost jellyfish...

so far ive got silver pirate chest. golds, common item and rare item havent encountered jarl yet :D

stackz
03-19-2013, 10:12 AM
Now that the quest has been out a while what have u gotten? I had jarl once and he dropped gold. Other than that just mobs, gold, junk whites. No chests for me :(

Rare
03-19-2013, 10:28 AM
I got a Sliver Pirate chest. That's about it. Until I hear of some better loot, I won't waste my time and pots fighting all those mobs.

Valsacar
03-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Dev says good gear, but unless there is a chance to get elite gear it's crap.

Jcyee
03-19-2013, 10:22 PM
I've seen Jarl once and gotten a few pirate chests. Not really worth the time imo so now I just go there and leave xD

stackz
03-20-2013, 06:23 AM
I got a Sliver Pirate chest. That's about it. Until I hear of some better loot, I won't waste my time and pots fighting all those mobs.

What lvl u play it at 18?? My lvl 25 sorc with crappy gear blows yhru the mobs in there... i will say i prefer to farm brack forest solo jist cause i can get locked crates and more gear to liq real quick lol. Even without xp just seems nice and calm haha

KillaSkillz
03-20-2013, 06:42 AM
More than a week since my last post on thid topic. Haven't seen jarl since back then, haven't gotten an item better than common, and a bit of gold.

I'm just gonna take the mission get the 200 gold and leave. The items are trash and not worth the effort to me unless devs will say exactly what good gear can be got from there. A pirate chest is not good gear.

CosmoxKramer
03-20-2013, 08:45 AM
i hear yea. I usually just get about 20 gold in drops and/or 5 or so white items worth nothing. for my time, i'll would just log in there to get 200g.

Rare
03-20-2013, 10:16 AM
What lvl u play it at 18?? My lvl 25 sorc with crappy gear blows yhru the mobs in there... i will say i prefer to farm brack forest solo jist cause i can get locked crates and more gear to liq real quick lol. Even without xp just seems nice and calm haha

I am at lvl 25/26 on both rogue and warrior (don't play my sorc). But it would make sense that with crowd control, ranged aoe, and plentiful mana it would be easy to spam skills and kill them.

Not really the case for Rogue/Warrior. For Rogue, I get about 4 skills before I'm out of mana. Of course close combat for Rogue is tedious when there are several mobs. For Warrior, with low damage, it also means spamming attack skills like windmill or chest splitter. Which also means using pots or nexus.

All in all, the 5 minutes it takes to explore all the spots could be better spent somewhere else where there is actually a chance for good loot. I'd rather spend 5 minutes in Elite SS with a chance at something good than 5 minutes on the island where the best I can hope for is a Gold Pirate Chest.