PDA

View Full Version : Newest reef farming

Marrypoppins
02-28-2013, 08:43 PM
Ok so since mobs hit just as hard and take just as much dmg to kill i ask how much has to be cleared for boss to spawn and if its a good amount, will folks actually farm this? I assume as of now its all about jarl lol tried tower and its tough to get a full party to join let alone a solid one. If this is how its gonna stay I suggest maybe making jarls chests tradable? My guess is very few will farm any of elite kraken when its 20min+ per run. Just not efficient use of time when numerous jarl runs can be completed before one kraken run. Any thoughts?

KingFu
02-28-2013, 08:51 PM
I miss you Shug <3

razerfingers
02-28-2013, 08:58 PM
I agree. I myself havent done elite kraken but i did do elite jarl runs back at 16 cap and it was like wam bam thanks on to the next run. Haha

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Marrypoppins
02-28-2013, 09:09 PM
I miss you Shug <3

Ilu lol :) you in al? Ill be back in pl at 81 for sure. Meantime this is better for me by far. Lots of gear to acquire compared to having it all. Gets old sometimes ya know? Miss ya too though brother

Energizeric
02-28-2013, 09:22 PM
Ok so since mobs hit just as hard and take just as much dmg to kill i ask how much has to be cleared for boss to spawn and if its a good amount, will folks actually farm this? I assume as of now its all about jarl lol tried tower and its tough to get a full party to join let alone a solid one. If this is how its gonna stay I suggest maybe making jarls chests tradable? My guess is very few will farm any of elite kraken when its 20min+ per run. Just not efficient use of time when numerous jarl runs can be completed before one kraken run. Any thoughts?

Here's the thing. In cases like this the market always corrects itself. If nobody farms elite, then the items that come from those chests will become scarce and will go way up in value, then the chests will go up in value, and then folks will farm even if very difficult to do so. If an elite gold chest was worth 300k, then maybe it would be worth a 20 minute run. The market always corrects itself over time.

xcainnblecterx
02-28-2013, 09:28 PM
Here's the thing. In cases like this the market always corrects itself. If nobody farms elite, then the items that come from those chests will become scarce and will go way up in value, then the chests will go up in value, and then folks will farm even if very difficult to do so. If an elite gold chest was worth 300k, then maybe it would be worth a 20 minute run. The market always corrects itself over time.

Always have words of wisdom energizeric

Marrypoppins
02-28-2013, 09:28 PM
Very true my man, very true.

gundamsone
02-28-2013, 09:33 PM
Nvm found my answer

KingFu
02-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Ilu lol :) you in al? Ill be back in pl at 81 for sure. Meantime this is better for me by far. Lots of gear to acquire compared to having it all. Gets old sometimes ya know? Miss ya too though brother

I tried AL for a bit, couldn't get into it. I've invested too much time in PL I guess. Glad to hear :) Hope all is well for you. Sorry to derail your thread, just haven seen you in a while haha. Hope to see you around.

Theonlypope
03-01-2013, 12:45 AM
Does anyone know how many mobs/enemies are needed to kill in Elite Reef with the new update?

Marrypoppins
03-01-2013, 01:13 AM
I've been told most of the map. Have yet to confirm but if that's true.... Ew

JaytB
03-01-2013, 01:43 AM
I'd really like to know too. Each measly little mob seem like a bunch of mini bosses. I love farming and killing stuff, but when it takes unloading several skill rotations from the entire party just to kill 1 enemy, I start to question the fun in it.

warbluefish
03-01-2013, 02:45 AM
Does anyone know how many mobs/enemies are needed to kill in Elite Reef with the new update?

I suppose it should be 35.

Rollo
03-01-2013, 03:46 AM
Time does not equal difficulty. Players from the leader boards cried about it and now were back to spamming jarl. Awesome, see you next expansion, where well probably still be farming jarl.

OofunkoO
03-01-2013, 11:56 AM
It takes 35 mob kills for the boss to spawn...but the sheer difficulty of it makes the run boring...unless you have a pot production factory set up !!

Good luck on the runs :)

Ohh also I am looking for a guild which does frequent elite runs...I am sick of running with random noobs who just burn my pots , increase my deaths and build up my frustration :P

IGN - shardkill

TwinkKiller
03-01-2013, 12:52 PM
It wasnt every enemy on the map, but almost everyone on the way to the boss. I killed them about half way to the boss then ran straight to him and he wasnt there. So i turnned back and started killing from the back towards the front. Checking every few kills to see if he spawned. What it came down to, was we killed all but 3 enemies on the way to the boss not takeing any side routes. And yes it took about 20+ mins to finish. Maybe with a little practice we could figure out a quicker way by targeting specific groups but for now im stumped. And the sheer amount of pots used was rediculous. I think i used about 200manas and 100 healths. "/ ouch

But on a side note like energ said if the chests become worth 300k then yes this would be worth it ;) u just need an experienced farm group and a little practice. Some of the groups ive ran with in the past are actually very generous if someone hits a good drop then profits were shared amongst the group.