PDA

View Full Version : Dear Banners.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 05:40 AM
Dear banners,

I see you everywhere, you take all my inventory and stash slots.
I can't wear you all at the same time, so there's jealous banners.
I can't show off all of them, so there's no point getting a new banner.
I make banners sad by not wearing them, but I have way too many.

Fine, let's get to the point and forget that little song please.

I mean come on, we cap we get a banner, we make it on leader boards we get a banner, we buy or loot a Mythic/Arcane we get a banner, we win MMO contest we get a banner. They never stop coming!

Note: This thread is not a rant nor a complaint nor anything bad. I'm trying to make y'all understand in a nice way. :)

Anyways, what's next? Banners? Why not at LEAST transform the level cap banners into a vanity set?
I did cap to 21, but why would I wear that banner since the 16 one is MUCH better? Now 26 again a banner?

Yay, I capped! How to show off my banner from leader boards with my level cap banner?

D'oh!

Transform them! They keep coming! What are we gonna do with 50 banners?
I have 11 of them, but why? Why so many of these banners?

Something needs to be done about them! Argh! And Banners look also funny on a Sorcerer..

Anyways thanks for reading this is just to wonder what's next, what will happen, and if them banners will continue invading us! :D

Or if you don't stop, then do this:

Lwmark, you input is needed.

Don't worry I'll say it for you. They should make it that you can somehow display all of your banners on your inspect page and not take inventory space.

-Myst

Takezaki
03-01-2013, 05:41 AM
Yeah well to be frank the special cap helmets in SL made me want to cap alot more than banners do.

I couldn't care less about banners.

Prototypedwar
03-01-2013, 05:42 AM
Agreed, banners have feelings too.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 05:43 AM
Yeah well to be frank the special cap helmets in SL made me want to cap alot more than banners do.

I couldn't care less about banners.

Same. That's what they need to do for AL.

SouLBlizzard
03-01-2013, 05:52 AM
LOL you have 11 banners LOL...
Me agree with you matey.Too many banners.Took too muchy space.Better make armor or helm vanity.Glowing aura around the toon for reaching cap doing good too.The pointy is no more banners *pirate style*

PS:Need more space,buy stash or inventory space(Need plats).Or just throw those banner away(free) LOL

Dreuefesie
03-01-2013, 06:01 AM

Don't worry I'll say it for you. They should make it that you can somehow display all of your banners on your inspect page and not take inventory space.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 06:03 AM

Agreed. That's NEEDED.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 08:53 AM
I'd love to know if any change are planned. (:

yoho
03-01-2013, 09:11 AM
I vote for banners on inspect page,
as well for 'hide your inspect page, stats, etc'

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 09:12 AM
I vote for banners on inspect page,
as well for 'hide your inspect page, stats, etc'

+1 for that.

KillaSkillz
03-01-2013, 09:43 AM
Just do what I did, scrap the older ones!

All your problems are solved :)

Rare
03-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Just do what I did, scrap the older ones!

All your problems are solved :)

Watch now they'll release some update that you can trade these banners in for some kind of arcane ring or weapon.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Watch now they'll release some update that you can trade these banners in for some kind of arcane ring or weapon.

That's why I keep them. Just in case, knowing StS. :p

Matutd
03-01-2013, 10:03 AM
I don't wear banners, I think they look silly

angeldawn
03-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Matty!! U don't like the hearts? :-(

Swede
03-01-2013, 11:51 AM
I'd love to know if any change are planned. (:

Yes, we plan to give out a Banner for any player with 567 or more posts on the forum.

On a serious note, no there are no changes planned but we hear your feedback.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Yes, we plan to give out a Banner for any player with 567 or more posts on the forum.

On a serious note, no there are no changes planned but we hear your feedback.

Made me laugh!

Ok, well, glad to hear that.

Thanks for taking the time to read. I hope you at least laughed a bit? I tried to make it as funny as possible. -.-

LwMark
03-01-2013, 12:42 PM
I still strongly agree with a banner page on a extra inspec page you can scroll yo with all your banners listed so lerking peeps can check your banners in game

Samhayne
03-01-2013, 12:59 PM
I still strongly agree with a banner page on a extra inspec page you can scroll yo with all your banners listed so lerking peeps can check your banners in game

I agree that it is a cool idea. We have a lot of stuff we're working on for the game and I'm not sure we would hold up those other, cool new systems that everyone is likely to use, for a nice to have feature for people with multiple banners. Still, cool idea of a banner inspect aspect.

TwinkKiller
03-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Haha very funny :D
At least let us stash all of them so we can pull them out for show & tell. It would be funny too if we could have all them equiped at the same time. Running around lookin like a turkey.

KillaSkillz
03-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Since Swede is reading, how about crowns for leaderboard winners in the future? People I think would go nuts trying to win that and wear them constantly :)
Could maybe make different ones for what category position was won and type. Heck even like the RIP vanity in SL that floats above the head the crown could be up there labeled for 1st, 2nd 3rd ect.

Just a thought to reduce banners.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 01:46 PM
I agree that it is a cool idea. We have a lot of stuff we're working on for the game and I'm not sure we would hold up those other, cool new systems that everyone is likely to use, for a nice to have feature for people with multiple banners. Still, cool idea of a banner inspect aspect.

Sam, why is there some non stash able banners?

Vystirch
03-01-2013, 01:48 PM

Or we could all get a little house/room and decorate it with banner furniture :p

yoho
03-01-2013, 01:52 PM
glowing aura as LB vanity would be cool

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 02:46 PM
glowing aura as LB vanity would be cool

Yeah!

Swede
03-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Sam, why is there some non stash able banners?

Found the two that weren't. They should be fixed in the next patch.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 03:04 PM

PvP and PvE, right? And cool. :)

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 03:11 PM
I honestly hope they could change the LB banners back to normal, but just adding a ''II'' on em.

I mean look at them before, and look at them now. They look completely different. Before, they were shiny, some paper squares shadow etc visual effects, now it's all straight, 2 colors, done.

Swede
03-01-2013, 04:19 PM
PvP and PvE, right? And cool. :)

The only two I found that couldn't be stashed was Flag Capture and PvP Kills.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 04:19 PM
The only two I found that couldn't be stashed was Flag Capture and PvP Kills.

Oh, I see. Well let's hope they're fixed soon! :)

McBain
03-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Why are the banners stash-able? Seems to defeat the purpose.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 06:30 PM

Was it supposed to be this patch? If so, it's not fixed.

Not sure if it was this patch though.

Jed
03-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Or make banners not count toward your inventory slots.

Caiahar
03-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Yeah I think its weird to have a flag pole with cloth on it sticking out fron my butt...

TheMatrixMan
03-01-2013, 07:01 PM
It'd be cool of you can have three banners equipped. Like one would be in the middle, and the other two would be tilted at an angle, so the banner on the left would be tilted left and yeah, not sure how that would work out, but it would be cool!

Matutd
03-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Matty!! U don't like the hearts? :-(
I don't wear any, I don't like them haha

Mysticaleagle
03-02-2013, 05:51 AM
It'd be cool of you can have three banners equipped. Like one would be in the middle, and the other two would be tilted at an angle, so the banner on the left would be tilted left and yeah, not sure how that would work out, but it would be cool!

Yes, please! XD

gundamsone
03-02-2013, 06:45 AM
I'm not totally against stash-able banners but I think they should b restricted to the toon that achieved it.
I have noticed alot of lower levels, 1-6 with ctf flag banners and people who catch onto this will probably make low lvl accs for 1 motive, that is to get the flags banner with ease and transfer it onto their main toon to show off afterwards.

Thegrimreaper
03-02-2013, 07:12 AM
I'm not totally against stash-able banners but I think they should b restricted to the toon that achieved it.
I have noticed alot of lower levels, 1-6 with ctf flag banners and people who catch onto this will probably make low lvl accs for 1 motive, that is to get the flags banner with ease and transfer it onto their main toon to show off afterwards.

And why does that matter? Its not like they are tradeable... Your still the same person that got the banners....I have never gotten a leaderboard banner and I was one of the most dedicated players

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Mysticaleagle
03-02-2013, 07:14 AM
Gundam, why?

It's good that they're stash able. Leave them like this.