PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer Letter.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 05:55 AM
Old letter to Sorcerer:

Dear Sorcerer.

A while back, you were strong. You were dying pretty easily, but your area of effect skills were beast, and you could kill these bad skeletons in tombs pretty fast, and easily.

When you were farming with us, you were helpful with your skills and damage per second. You were here to survive, and keep us company to defeat the bad bosses since they're not nice.

I hope you enjoyed these days.

-Warrior, on 12/17/2012.

New letter to Sorcerer:

Dear Sorcerer,

I'd appreciate that you stop joining our teams.
You keep dying. You can't even survive to an arrow in PvP or PvE. What happened?

You can't even kill fast in tombs when you solo, you die in a few seconds.
Sorcerer, why don't you just quit?

Was fun meeting you.

-Warrior, on 20/02/2013

My point:

Sorcerers are slow to kill, even when solo. They die way too easily.
My friend is maxed out on gear, about 205 damage and 370 DPS but he kills mobs in tombs like a snail.

Why? What happened?

Trying to figure out, I just made a Sorcerer also.

Thanks.

SouLBlizzard
03-01-2013, 06:07 AM
New letter to warrior

Dear warrior,
I have something for you to answer all the questions

warbluefish
03-01-2013, 06:20 AM
now. the shield is a must have in pve as well. it just took a lot fun out of sorc. u have to have shield and heal to survive. then only two att skill option left. its too limited and they dont do much dmg on any mob. maybe someone could argue that sorc could take heal away put on a att skill but without mana heal . rogue is much better than a mage on dmg .then nobody wants a mage with no mana heal in a farming team. as warrior has far more supiorer heal than mage.

i think im still in the farming team bcos i can save them mana pots and good partnership build since lv1.

STS pls. through us a bone. give us a hope.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 06:22 AM
Wait a bit, and watch Sorcerers disappear from Arcane Legends.

Arcane Legends icon is a Sorcerer. It's here to make you remember that Sorcerer do exist once they're all out.

Cero
03-01-2013, 06:37 AM
you cant be a true sorcerer if you cant make yourself disappear;)

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 06:44 AM
you cant be a true sorcerer if you cant make yourself disappear;)

TheStoic
03-01-2013, 08:26 AM
I do agree with your observations (letters) regarding sorcerers. Its too bad, the nuke part is not that effective anymore especially in elite maps and my main is a sorcerer. I'm slowly developing a warrior to use as alternative.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 08:53 AM
True. :/

Oliver Kiss
03-01-2013, 09:11 AM
I hope someone from Spacetime S. will read this and they will fix the sorcerers.
I have a good build and I'm one shot in elite maps 3 shots in normal map

CosmoxKramer
03-01-2013, 09:21 AM
Yes, we die easily from archers/gunners in elites. If they get a shot off we are dead.

I disagree however with needing shield/heal for pve. I am fire,frost,time,lightning and do damage just fine (190dam) and dont' die that often in W4 or Elites. It's about being smart in both of those
W4 - don't just stand back and aoe. Fireball the skeletons as you run through them, then charge frost onto the group of Necromancers and drop Time on them, and just just keep the casters Frozen the whole time. If the Warrior is an idiot and doesn't bring the skeletons to you and just stands and fights them as they run towards them, then it will take much longer. If everyone would just run to the casters then a mage could freeze a lot more than the few casters at the back of the pack! runs go real fast when NPCs are clumped up, frozen dots, time dots, fire dots, warr aoe, rogue razor shield...

KI Elites - don't just run in throwing fireballs at everyone. let the warrior grab the melee and you can go lock down 1-2 gunners and nuke them down. They seem to have less HP and i can sometimes kill them before the melee is dead. It seems that ranged damage is much higher than melee, so you are doing the tanks a favor by keeping them locked and frozen. Plus you can freeze the big red crabs, so do it!

Rollo
03-01-2013, 04:14 PM
New letter to warrior

Dear warrior,
I have something for you to answer all the questions

You win the internet.

This thread is hilariously sad and true. I don't want sorcerers in my party, their damage seems subpar compared to a rogue.
I would like to see this change. Because I hate rogues. With a passion.

Caiahar
03-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Well, ever since 21expansion, I seem to be the tanker.
Now im 25, and im still tanker. Warriors these days dont know how to tank. The noob warriors are now the sorcerers and im the warrior. They just stay back in the group and attack. Ive seen a few ppl who are good tankers.
In w4, I run ahead,charging time shift, and bring a huge mob. I release time and quickly release a charged fire ball, the I do it with frost. I do this over and over.
Normal sorcerers stay back, but I can tank.
the warriors have turned into scared sorcerers and sorcerer turn into brave warrior. Very fe warrs can tank properly.

Jed
03-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Too bad us true sorcerers don't give a crap.

Sorcerers forever.

also a party of 4 sorcerers in wt4 = fastest run I've ever seen

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Lmao

:)

Caiahar
03-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Warriors, DISBAND!!! Sorcerers, UNITE!!!!

Caiahar
03-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Warriors, DISBAND!!! Sorcerers, UNITE!!!!

X29798
03-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Shadowstar spamming is breaking the forum rules.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Caiahar
03-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Yeah I know. I accidently pressed post two times.

Genuinous
03-01-2013, 10:00 PM
I ended up joining a jarl party today, nice 1 min average runs. It was a war and 2 rogues, rogues killng jarl quick and then repeat. However i tried, id pull mobs all over the place, die and not do enough dmg. Eventually I accepted that sorcs are not needed and im back to lvling my rogue... The thing is, that with 4k hp and 1.2k armor, tanks dont need the freezing/stunning/slowing down help from mages, it is simply pointless... because tanks can just stand the dmg while rogues kill and mages... well exaclty... whats the reason for a mage in the run? Lvling ppl in wt4? Cos that seems the only place where one might be of some worth... some...

X29798
03-01-2013, 10:27 PM
I ended up joining a jarl party today, nice 1 min average runs. It was a war and 2 rogues, rogues killng jarl quick and then repeat. However i tried, id pull mobs all over the place, die and not do enough dmg. Eventually I accepted that sorcs are not needed and im back to lvling my rogue... The thing is, that with 4k hp and 1.2k armor, tanks dont need the freezing/stunning/slowing down help from mages, it is simply pointless... because tanks can just stand the dmg while rogues kill and mages... well exaclty... whats the reason for a mage in the run? Lvling ppl in wt4? Cos that seems the only place where one might be of some worth... some...

Jarl is only one mini boss in one map, other elites are a different story.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Decrpito
03-01-2013, 11:17 PM

You have some valids points. Actually im posting the same over and over again whats exactly our role now? Warriors only wants rogues in their partys, mana? well mana pots are cheap, stun? stun its not neccesary, lasting a couple of seconds? we dont even have another skill bar so we can buff others players for attack, defense, like in any others games, we dont have a real mana shield, absorbing damage ill be nice we can use mana shield (3000 mana ca take a hard hit), so we can survive elite final bosses, i died in 1 hit i dont have time to use a single pot, whats our role? wt4 , thats the only place warriors want us in their parties, actually im about to cap my sorcerer but i just created another toon a rogue, i ill try to play that without plat not like i did with my sorecerer -.-

Aniscater
03-02-2013, 04:45 AM
Yeah this thread is so sad but true:( My main is a sorc but now I have to level my rogue too to 25. Yesterday I realized how worthless we sorcs are. One warrior said that he kick me because I don't have Time Shift:( I die from one hit in new elites and I tried to kill one strength mob. It took 1 minute! And good warriors can tank without sorcerers stuns. And in pvp all enemies target me because I'm so weak.

AGGfuse
03-02-2013, 05:39 AM
I disagree on the shield part.. i 1v1 many known twinks on my mage for my lvl.. and take warriors and alot of rogues out.. i have two different builds but my main doesnt include shield and i get 50+ kills a game.

warbluefish
03-02-2013, 06:15 PM
mages suppose doing crowd control when pve. as warrior doesnt hold aggro anymore for some reason. use of any aoe skill is suicide . specially fireball with widened area. one fireball when mobs get up . u dead. it looks like mages has the highest dmg and dps. but it just doesnt show in anywhere. a rogue with APL kills elite boss faster than 2 mages.

pls let warrior keep tne aggro. and let mages use their fireball.

Genuinous
03-02-2013, 06:25 PM
I disagree on the shield part.. i 1v1 many known twinks on my mage for my lvl.. and take warriors and alot of rogues out.. i have two different builds but my main doesnt include shield and i get 50+ kills a game.

Pls do realize that balancing is not about twinks but endgame... And a shield with reduction linked to lvl or dmg would solve this issue, as well as higher lvl balance. I dont get why not make it happen tho...

Lady_Pebbles
03-02-2013, 06:31 PM
My main is a lvl26 Mage as well... Its very frustrating at times I agree. Especially when Im called a "noob" for not using heal (pfft I didn't need heal to do ALL elite maps at 26 & I won't need it now). ALL classes have a heal skill and Mages are built for CC on AL not for support. Besides, our heal skill is by far the weakest! My Rogue's heal skill benefits my Rogue much better than the heal skill does for my Mage.

warbluefish
03-02-2013, 06:36 PM
im a lv26 mage with mythic helm . 200 plus dmg. but the main reason im in the farming team is bcos i can do mana heal.

Lady_Pebbles
03-02-2013, 07:38 PM
im a lv26 mage with mythic helm . 200 plus dmg. but the main reason im in the farming team is bcos i can do mana heal.
I got pets for that so pfft lol. No point in using heal on Mages atm.

Vystirch
03-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Well warriors need a nerf in PvP, and stay the same in pve, rouges don't need a thing in PvP or pve, unless you finally won't to give our crit back in PvP... Mages need a buff in Pve, and something to happen in PvP for them.

warbluefish
03-03-2013, 04:37 AM
Warrior need get their aggro back. in those days a sorc does tanking more.than warriors. one sec u lost control of the crowd u dead.

colestros
03-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Dang. U guys make real sense.. Maybe i should consider switching to my rogue.. at least until a class balance patch is put into place..

Darthmase
03-03-2013, 01:57 PM
I agree mages need buffs in most areas. My mage is far from the bottom of the ranks and i can't hang in PvP or any elite map other than Jarl. Mages are a dying breed.

Emememil
03-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Dear Warrior:
What you do best is to stand in the front and take all the hits.
Let us mages do the killing.
All the best,
Sorc.

Emememil
03-04-2013, 03:50 AM
Dear Rouge:
Our job is not to heal you.
If you can't heal yourself you should leave.
All the best,
Sorc.

Jessicazx
03-04-2013, 05:41 AM
Its not sorcerers.. its dem warriors.. waayy to powerful for their fatty bodies.

Mysticaleagle
03-04-2013, 05:43 AM
Its not sorcerers.. its dem warriors.. waayy to powerful for their fatty bodies.

Sorcerers are way too weak. They need a buff.

Monstertongue
03-05-2013, 10:05 AM
bet this letter go thrown into the rubish bin...dev/sts don even bother to read it...lol

Erdnase
03-05-2013, 11:15 AM
I feel mage's and rogue's stats are too similar. Mages have high dps, but now days rogues are usually higher. Especially due to the lack of staffs with better stats than the top 21. Mages have high dmg, but now days rogues are usually higher. Also due to the same issue. I can use my top lvl 26 rifle tho and get 212.1 dmg, but then that sets my dps at 240, which works good in pvp but is way too low for pve. So what is my mage's purpose... i have no idea anymore. But my plan from now on will be to just keep my mage in pvp and farm with my war, and hope one day i get my mojo back. :cool:

Skidmarkz
03-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Us mages are better off helping papa smurf build villages.

GoodSyntax
03-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Dear Sorcerers,

It would be super helpful for both of us if you stayed a little behind, dropping Fireballs and Lightning while restoring my mana. I know that you can tank like a king with your shield, but it would help me kill things much faster, because, you see, I can only attack one thing at a time, and my mana pool is really more like just a mana puddle - enough to splash around in, but not enough to create a tidal wave. Please use your superior range and AoE skills to take down approaching mobs and Fireball those that get to close and I promise to take care of the stragglers with my Aimed Shot.

Thanks,

Rogue

Dear Warrior,

Please tank! Get in front, get mob aggro, round them up so me and my buddy Sorcerer can clean up the mess. It would also be really nice if you buffed me once in a while, you know, heal and shield. Geez, you use it all the time when you see me in PvP. Whenever I see two of you together in the arena it's all shields and heal, but when I find you in Kraken Isles, all of a sudden you forget how to shield and stay in the back of the group and watch me and my pals guzzle pots like they're free or something. So if you can just do your thing, we can do ours.

Thanks Always,

Rogue

Caiahar
03-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Dear Sorcerers,

It would be super helpful for both of us if you stayed a little behind, dropping Fireballs and Lightning while restoring my mana. I know that you can tank like a king with your shield, but it would help me kill things much faster, because, you see, I can only attack one thing at a time, and my mana pool is really more like just a mana puddle - enough to splash around in, but not enough to create a tidal wave. Please use your superior range and AoE skills to take down approaching mobs and Fireball those that get to close and I promise to take care of the stragglers with my Aimed Shot.

Thanks,

Rogue

Dear Warrior,

Please tank! Get in front, get mob aggro, round them up so me and my buddy Sorcerer can clean up the mess. It would also be really nice if you buffed me once in a while, you know, heal and shield. Geez, you use it all the time when you see me in PvP. Whenever I see two of you together in the arena it's all shields and heal, but when I find you in Kraken Isles, all of a sudden you forget how to shield and stay in the back of the group and watch me and my pals guzzle pots like they're free or something. So if you can just do your thing, we can do ours.

Thanks Always,

Rogue

I agree... 300%! To me, its very hard to find good tankers these days. What u said with sorcerer is exactly what I do.

Genuinous
03-06-2013, 04:12 AM
So sorcerer's are there to stun/freeze/root and give you mana, while you get the kills. Makes complete sense to be a sorcerer... Let's all hail the rogues and serve them well.

GoodSyntax
03-06-2013, 08:43 AM
So sorcerer's are there to stun/freeze/root and give you mana, while you get the kills. Makes complete sense to be a sorcerer... Let's all hail the rogues and serve them well.

Actually Sorcs often get more kills. High DMG Sorcs seem to have this innate ability to time exactly when to launch Lightning which wipes out 5 mobs, meanwhile, my thumb is sore, and I'm low on mana and have no kills to show for it.

The same also happens in PvP all the time. My Rogue often punishes Warriors while the Sorc stays behind giving me buffs. Then when I am close to taking down the Warrior, it's Fireball, Lightning and the Warrior drops and I'm standing there wondering WTF happened to all that effort.

Honestly, if you feel that inadequate as a Sorc, you should probably choose a different class, because right now Sorcs are very boss!

Erdnase
03-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Actually Sorcs often get more kills. High DMG Sorcs seem to have this innate ability to time exactly when to launch Lightning which wipes out 5 mobs, meanwhile, my thumb is sore, and I'm low on mana and have no kills to show for it.

The same also happens in PvP all the time. My Rogue often punishes Warriors while the Sorc stays behind giving me buffs. Then when I am close to taking down the Warrior, it's Fireball, Lightning and the Warrior drops and I'm standing there wondering WTF happened to all that effort.

Honestly, if you feel that inadequate as a Sorc, you should probably choose a different class, because right now Sorcs are very boss!

I do agree that we're doing good in pvp atm. I know many disagree with that, but i dont want to get into that argument again. But in pve it seems now that we're more useful as a support class, which used to be the job of a war. I dont have heal and i shouldnt have to have it. If a war does his job theres no need for me to have it. All my spells do great dmg and to take away just 1 to replace it with heal would greatly drop the overall dmg i can deal. Yet if i was to be for support, a good war would still be able to do it better then me, and would overall be more useful then me. So if mages are more useful for support, but warriors are more useful at supporting then mages...... does that mean mages are useless?

GoodSyntax
03-06-2013, 12:29 PM
It's unfortunate honestly, because in previous maps, a mediocre Warrior wasn't as much of a liability, but in the new maps, with mobs dealing so much damage and having so much HP, mediocre tanks really cause a lot of problems.

I see so many runs where a boss starts his wind-up attack and right AFTER he hits/kills me, then the Warrior shields. Even worse, I've seen Warriors who round up a large mob (which is good), then quickly die, leaving me standing there with my bow and wondering whether I can race to the edge of the map and make the mob reset.

It's hard to deal max damage when you're running for you life because no one can take aggro away.

Genuinous
03-06-2013, 12:55 PM

I agree with you on the pvp part, ks-ing is easy with a sorc. Though I can't feel sorry for you, since rogue's been doing this for over a month :) However, mages would be much more efficient and helpful as a support class atm. Stimes even in pvp I play support, stunning, slowing, etc, and end up with no kills, while my team dominates. If wins were rewarded, this would not be problem at all. However since nobody cares about winning, playing support is pointless and mages lose (some) of their efficiency. Not saying we suck in pvp tho, but harder to play for sure :) (nice challenge)

But in pve a great tank + 3 rogues are faster than if you put a sorc in the mix. While sorc will save you pots with stun/freeze/root, they are completely forced into a support role. Which after all is fine on strong maps, but if you go to easier elites (jarl, 1-2 kraken) a rogue is preferred over mages.

So all I'm saying, if you want mages to play support by stunning, freezing, mana healing, they wont get kills. In order to do that, they have to give up on what they're best at. Oh well, what can you do ? :)

GoodSyntax
03-06-2013, 01:30 PM
You hit the nail on the head Genuinous!!!!

No one cares about winning.

All anyone cares about is Kills....shoot in most games I see the kill farmers, who spawn kill and team lower levels and then count out their kills in chat - as if it's something to be proud of.

I would much rather see a system where team mates received an equal share based on wins...much like the story token or hauntlet coins. That way, people are incentivized to win games rather than just farm kills.

I disagree on the role of Sorcs in PvE. A good Warrior plus a good Sorc and some Rogues equals domination most of the time. Warrior rounds up mob, Sorc drops time, everyone nukes away until mob is gone, then onto the next mob. Fastest runs I've had have always included at least one Warrior and Sorc.

Easy elites (like Jarl) should really be a solo gig - it's just too fast with a group. Killing Jarl in under a minute? Some times, when I used to join Elite Jarl, the boss would be killed before I even get there!

Either way, Fireball and Lightning are awesome nuke attacks. They land for A LOT of damage (especially for DMG centric builds) and their crowd control ability is in some cases better than a Warrior.

There was a time when I used to be able to solo all elite maps (prior to Kraken Isles). Now, I can't even solo normal Skull Cove anymore! More than ever, I find myself relying on a Sorc for crowd control because most Warriors I find in PUGs don't know how to tank effectively, so I end up sticking with a Sorc for survival.

I'm not sure if people are just lazy or leaching, but I see so many players in PUGs who seem AFK for most of the fight, but then we get to the boss, all of a sudden, they wake up, rush to jump in and wind up with a Golden Pirate Chest while I get a Tree Branch or some other junk.

It's just funny how Sorcs and Warriors have evolved. Sorcs, in general, seems to have improved in skill at the upper levels, while Warriors for the most part haven't seemed to evolved quite as well. I suppose Rogues have gone the way of the Warrior, with many just spamming skills and having no clue about range, kiting, targeting, etc.

Erdnase
03-06-2013, 04:41 PM
You hit the nail on the head Genuinous!!!!

No one cares about winning.

All anyone cares about is Kills....shoot in most games I see the kill farmers, who spawn kill and team lower levels and then count out their kills in chat - as if it's something to be proud of.

I would much rather see a system where team mates received an equal share based on wins...much like the story token or hauntlet coins. That way, people are incentivized to win games rather than just farm kills.

I disagree on the role of Sorcs in PvE. A good Warrior plus a good Sorc and some Rogues equals domination most of the time. Warrior rounds up mob, Sorc drops time, everyone nukes away until mob is gone, then onto the next mob. Fastest runs I've had have always included at least one Warrior and Sorc.

Easy elites (like Jarl) should really be a solo gig - it's just too fast with a group. Killing Jarl in under a minute? Some times, when I used to join Elite Jarl, the boss would be killed before I even get there!

Either way, Fireball and Lightning are awesome nuke attacks. They land for A LOT of damage (especially for DMG centric builds) and their crowd control ability is in some cases better than a Warrior.

There was a time when I used to be able to solo all elite maps (prior to Kraken Isles). Now, I can't even solo normal Skull Cove anymore! More than ever, I find myself relying on a Sorc for crowd control because most Warriors I find in PUGs don't know how to tank effectively, so I end up sticking with a Sorc for survival.

I'm not sure if people are just lazy or leaching, but I see so many players in PUGs who seem AFK for most of the fight, but then we get to the boss, all of a sudden, they wake up, rush to jump in and wind up with a Golden Pirate Chest while I get a Tree Branch or some other junk.

It's just funny how Sorcs and Warriors have evolved. Sorcs, in general, seems to have improved in skill at the upper levels, while Warriors for the most part haven't seemed to evolved quite as well. I suppose Rogues have gone the way of the Warrior, with many just spamming skills and having no clue about range, kiting, targeting, etc.

Well i cant blame the people just pvping for kills. Most people mainly have focus on either getting flags or killing. These people are just focused on getting kills, and even tho it may get annoying its theyre choice and we cant stop them. Theyre reasons for this may be because theyre trying to work theyre way up the lb, or even just trying to get on it. Im the other way around. I just go mainly for flags. And on a few occasions i have had people get mad at me for just creeping around corners and getting flags while they are fighting. It may come off that im being selfish or a coward (or noob as some have said lol) but thats just what i do because im focused on flagging. Anyway thats just my 2 cents worth on that (and i know its fairly straight forward, but like i said, its just my 2 cents worth :)).

But would giving a "pvp coin" help? Possibly... If it was done that the winning team was given 2 coins and the losing was giving 1, i think it would make things quite different. Well for 1, people probably wouldnt get mad if u just flagged. And 2, this might keep the losing team from leaving when they are just getting killed. Because from finishing it they would at least get 1 coin. Anyway just a few things sts can think on. :)

Emememil
03-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Nice how more substantial facts has been added to this thread after the original post with the two letters but still I won't go with that Rouges seem to take it for granted that Mages are in the game to support THEM???
Rouges will have to heal themselves if they want to be healed.
Rouges move around way too much for a Mage to try to catch up with them and heal them.
If a Rouge want a Mage to support them he/she would have to stand still or follow the Mage around, and that is from what I understand not a Rouges natural behavior.
Rouges keep moving ALL over.
Therefore since a Rouge waits for no one he/she won't get supported by anyone.
I beleive though that all three classes are needed to make a really good team.

GoodSyntax
03-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Solo Rogues aren't very good, generally speaking. The strength is in the team, with Warriors tanking, Sorcs buffing, debuffing and nuking, and Rogues knocking out massive single target damage. Rogues who just run around in circles can be effective if they can press when there is an advantage, but by and large, soloing is not a very good idea.

This is the one point that separates dominant teams from the unfortunate ones.

Emememil
03-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Dear GoodSyntax:
If you by "buffing" you mean supporting you can forget it or try to stay close.

GoodSyntax
03-07-2013, 07:06 AM
Dear GoodSyntax:
If you by "buffing" you mean supporting you can forget it or try to stay close.

Perhaps you should re-read what I wrote....

I never said that other players should follow Rogues around like lost puppies. I said Rogues should stick to their group because the maximum benefit of cooperation between classes can only be found when you work together.

And yes, I do mean buffing...as in if you see your teammates are low on HP or mana and there's a lull in the battle, it would be nice to heal. Same goes for Warriors, it would be helpful to put up a shield for the group, so that we all can get the benefit of heal-over-time. That's much better than a Skyward away from the group and then a HoR, so only you receive the buff.

Emememil
03-07-2013, 09:56 AM
GoodSyntax:
In battle I have to keep my heal cooled down so that if I get hit by an arrow or some magic ball I can heal instantly. Two of those hits and I'm dead. That is why I stay on the outside, away from trouble, and nuke. If you want me to heal you, you would have to either stay close to me so that when I use my heal you can benefit from it or always be where I know where you are, so that I can move fast over to you and heal there.
If I'm low on health, and stop and look where you are, I will sure be dead before I even have had time to start moving towards you.
It would be nice if I could heal my whole party at the same time, but then I'd have to know where you are always.
I don't have as strong of an armor as you OR as many health points as you. That's why you'd have to come to me for health buffs.
I could suggest, if you are THAT dependent of my heal buffs, that when you see me getting hit you move up to me instantly because you can be sure of that an energy buff will come shortly.

GoodSyntax
03-07-2013, 10:39 AM
That's the point of a good team.

Tanks are up front, Rogues and Sorcs a little behind. Tanks launch Horn of Renew to buff, Windmill to damage and snare, and hopefully receive all auto-targeting. Rogues deal as much 1v1 damage as possible. Sorcs deal AoE damage, stun/control enemies and buff the group (if in range).

The Rogue is responsible for ensuring that the Sorc stays alive. We have to keep an eye whether an enemy is sneaking up from behind because we have a very symbiotic relationship with Sorcerers, and the taking down the sneak attacker is the specialty of the Rogue class because we are purely 1v1.

I'm not saying that anyone has to chase anyone else simply because you're on the same team. Being a team means working together to minimize your individual shortcomings (like low mana for Rogues, low armor for Sorcs, and ??? for Warriors), while playing up your individual strengths.