PDA

View Full Version : Just an Idea for more mage weapons and shields

King Richie
09-29-2010, 07:20 PM
So I have noticed that mages definately have the least amount of variety in weapons and shields .. So I was thinking of some new items that could be used .. An awesome idea for new shields I think could be spellbooks .. Just a spell book that the Mage holds in one hand now I think that would look pretty cool and they could have different advantages and disadvantages to the bucklers that the mages already have ...

Then an idea for a weapon could be something like a glove of fire or ice or darkness ect ect and you would just shoot fire , ice , darkbolts from your hand !!

I dunno these are just my ideas to increase variety for the poor dedicated mages !! :)

Cascade
09-29-2010, 07:22 PM
I like these ideas! Also a good idea for mage shields would be mana and health shields that would glow red or blue and would give +M/S and +H/S.

Royce
09-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Great stuff. Mages have been ignored too long. What's with all the eyeballs? It's like they're not even trying any more. The Fathom bracers were one of the few unique types, skull bracers, but when they finally added a decent (Dreamer's) bracer to that campaign what did they do? They made it another eyeball. Other than the fairly useless skulls, and the one unique voodoo doll with stats that are not particularly useful for a mage, there is nothing but eyes. I have been meaning to bring this up for a while, but thank you Richie for saving me the effort :D

Wbto-Angeluscustos
09-29-2010, 07:37 PM
im liking it but like a mana shield when u say that do you mean something like an orb over them or like the ozone layer around them but like a shield or just a normal like bear sheild but for int?

Arterra
09-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Then an idea for a weapon could be something like a glove of fire or ice or darkness ect ect and you would just shoot fire , ice , darkbolts from your hand !!

gotta pic for u!!! let me get it from itouch....

http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/afd1791a.jpg

shiney hands!!!!

ps be grateful. i had to dig thru 240 PL screenies... one day, i shall post them ALL...

Wbto-Angeluscustos
09-29-2010, 09:07 PM
thats very cool is it glitch or waht?

Arterra
09-30-2010, 11:26 AM
no, just the stash elf. just is.

CanonicalKoi
09-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Yeah, I don't get the bracer things. They attach to my arm, as a bracer would, but I can't wear one and use a staff? I can understand needing an arm free for a shield, but for a bracer it doesn't make any sense, especially since the wands seem to be pretty underpowered compared to a staff.

KingFu
09-30-2010, 06:52 PM
The books have been suggest a few times before. I think it's a nice idea, the glove, eh, when I think glove, let's just say I don't think magic;)

Cascade
09-30-2010, 06:58 PM
To acquire the magic book you would have to do a future swamp quest and collect 100 pages then you take it to the Enchantress in Forest Haven and she "mends" the pages together using magic spells and such....What do you guys think?

KingFu
09-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Or to use the spell book, you must have a mend that you got as a drop from a treasure chest of some sort and you need that to mend the pages together.

CanonicalKoi
10-01-2010, 09:23 AM
....the glove, eh, when I think glove, let's just say I don't think magic;)

Michael Jackson or proctology exam flashbacks? Either way.....shiver.

MageeeeeeeXD
10-03-2010, 11:03 PM
I think this is a good idea :D Personally, enchantresses are my favorite class, but recently being a pally instead of pure int seems like a much better choice. All of their shields are either an eyeball, or skull, except for voodoo doll which is only lvl 35 and its stats don't seem like they would help an enchantress much. The books would be great. ;D