PDA

View Full Version : The reason why you can't get the achievement from Arcane or Mythic items by equipping

Samhayne
03-01-2013, 03:47 PM
I've had a couple people raise the concern that they cannot obtain the Arcane or Mythic Achievement by equipping the item. As it works currently, you need to actually loot the item to receive the achievement. If you purchase it off the Consignment Shop, for example, you will get the item, but you won't get the achievement.

The main reason for this is to prevent scamming. For example:

You go into town with your Arcane Weapons equipped.
You get a bunch of tells from people who want you to trade them to you so they can get the Achievement and they promise that they will give them back.

or...

Your guild member, who you have played with a bunch, asks you to loan him your Arcane Weapon so he can get the Achievement.
You figure, ok, sure, he is my good guild buddy, right? So you trade them to him. He leaves the guild and logs off. Changes his name and you never see him again.

It is for issues such as the above that the Achievements for Arcane and Mythic items are only given out when the item is first obtained (looted) and not given out for actually equipping them.

AnotherAzi
03-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Thanks, Sam. This makes sense. However, may I suggest that you could also get the achievement if you actually purchase it from the CS, as that seems fairly scam-proof. Not sure if that's possible but just a thought.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 03:53 PM
It doesn't to me even if you have a point.

Same issue for 10M achievement (why don't you fix that too then since it's 100% the same thing?) or even really expensive items. There's scams, and there will always be. Scammed? Your own fault.

I don't like the fact that people like me that doesn't have 24 hours a day to farm, will never get that achievement nor like the fact that you did not say that before the patch.

All you said is that we were supposed to get the achievement, and that it will be fixed. So, of course, I did work hard in merchanting to obtain that amount of gold that is now, useless.

I apologize for not agreeing and for giving my personal and honest thoughts about the situation.

Rollo
03-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Sounds fair. That's good that you're looking out for gullible players.

Energizeric
03-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Sam: That is a very valid reason. But there is no reason why it should be that way for Hammerjaw since you cannot trade the pet once you open it. Perhaps there should be the achievement granted when someone loots the Hammerjaw egg, and then when it is opened. That way folks can buy the egg and get the achievement (when they opened it), but the person who loots it also gets the achievement. There is no way this could turn into scamming since once opened the pet cannot be traded.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 04:15 PM
I agree with Ene.

Making the achievement unlock once the egg is opened is totally reasonable. In any case, that's how it was and you guys changed it now with no valid reason since the egg is not tradeable once opened.

It was giving the achievement once opened. How come not anymore? Give the players that doesn't play non-stop neither spent 250000 plats a chance.

My last word on this before i'm outta here, banners. Put them back how the design was but leave the ''II'' of course. But their new design doesn't seem to make people happy about it.

All I see is you changing PvP things, Banner things and Hammerjaw things which they're all bad.

2 cents.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 05:23 PM
I have to add, that all I see in the fact of changing from Hammerjaw > open > get achievement to LOOT to get achievement is for even more platinum sales.

My point is, that all see here also, is StS caring more about their platinum revenue instead of their players/customers.

Just pointing out what I feel. Like if there wasn't enough platinum sales already.

Good part is the ninja vanity. I love it.

Don't mention banners... they changed from ''beast looking banners'' to ''wth is that?''.

Again, love the ninja vanity. :)

Rollo
03-01-2013, 05:28 PM
I have to add, that all I see in the fact of changing from Hammerjaw > open > get achievement to LOOT to get achievement is for even more platinum sales.

My point is, that all see here also, is StS caring more about their platinum revenue instead of their players/customers.

Eww did they do that? That's as bad as making our elixirs run all day long even when were outside of a dungeon wasting precious minutes traveling between maps.

Mysticaleagle
03-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Eww did they do that? That's as bad as making our elixirs run all day long even when were outside of a dungeon wasting precious minutes traveling between maps.

I could name much more options to make even more plat sales if you want to. ;)

Nah, won't do it here.

I'll answer the title of this thread.

The reason why you can't get the achievement from arcane or mythic item by equipping: for more platinum sales. :p

Rollo
03-01-2013, 05:34 PM

Nah, won't do it here.

The reason why you can't get the achievement from arcane or mythic item by equipping: for more platinum sales. :p

That's scandalous, here I was thinking they were doing it out of the kindness of their hearts.... my faith has been shaken on this day.

Cero
03-01-2013, 05:58 PM

Nah, won't do it here.

that is true but sam's reason is also true. its up to players to look on both sides or be one sided.

Fyrce
03-01-2013, 06:09 PM
I'm not sure that trading the item about would have been that bad. I mean if I'm wearing good stuff, people are gonna be bothering me to let them try it on, etc. anyways. I'm not sure that NOT getting the achievement will decrease the attempts to get the item off of me.

But STS making the decision one way or the other is fine.

I do think it made sense before to get the achievement associated w/ Hammerjaw on when the egg was opened. But again, it's STS' decision.

SuRfY
03-02-2013, 02:01 AM
Personally, I feel this is a good decision. Someone who opened the crates should get it. The egg itself can either be hatched or sold without inflating its price tag. It doesn't make sense for someone to spend real money (and then selling the egg) and to let someone who don't spend real money (by buying the egg and hatching it) to get the achievement. That would be the core of hurting the sales. By getting the achievement only from directly after getting the egg from the crates will spur crates opener without the achievement to open more crates (in order to get the achievement). Best solution, make Hammerjaw Egg untradeable.

inkredible
03-02-2013, 03:10 AM
Thanks, Sam. This makes sense. However, may I suggest that you could also get the achievement if you actually purchase it from the CS, as that seems fairly scam-proof. Not sure if that's possible but just a thought.

i agree with this one

inkredible
03-02-2013, 03:12 AM

Nah, won't do it here.

that maybe partly true.. but where else would they get the money or how else will they get paid for doing such hard work?

gundamsone
03-02-2013, 03:20 AM
The purpose of this is so only 1 achievement is granted per 1 arcane/mythic drop right?
Why not make it so when a person loots it they get a pop up asking if they want the achievement.

If they choose to say yes then the item will no longer grant the achievement to another player once traded/sold.
If they choose no, then that item will retain it's achievement till another player uses it up.

Perhaps the item will be someting along the lines of the below when shown in ah/trade window:
"Vili's Aged Cowl of Assault (A)" meaning achievement has not been used
"Vili's Aged Cowl of Assault" meaning achievement has been used.

inkredible
03-02-2013, 03:23 AM
The purpose of this is so only 1 achievement is granted per 1 arcane/mythic drop right?
Why not make it so when a person loots it they get a pop up asking if they want the achievement.

If they choose to say yes then the item will no longer grant the achievement to another player once traded/sold.
If they choose no, then that item will retain it's achievement till another player uses it up.

theres an issue with this.

IF you trade it with someone.. how would they know you didnt say "yes" or "no"
maybe diff coloured text? or.. some symbol? - may make it more complicated

Mysticaleagle
03-02-2013, 05:49 AM
There's always a solution.

But look like this won't happen. Pretty upset on their decision to be honest.

JaytB
03-02-2013, 06:46 AM
All this fuss for a simple title...

gundamsone
03-02-2013, 06:51 AM
theres an issue with this.

IF you trade it with someone.. how would they know you didnt say "yes" or "no"
maybe diff coloured text? or.. some symbol? - may make it more complicated
u didnt quote my whole post and I wouldn't consider different colors. should be something beside the name that's easily legible

Mysticaleagle
03-02-2013, 07:16 AM
All this fuss for a simple title...

Nope, there's the banner and achievement along with it. When you have a character going for full achievement points and for leader boards, trust me, 250 APs are a huge boost! :)

JaytB
03-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Nope, there's the banner and achievement along with it. When you have a character going for full achievement points and for leader boards, trust me, 250 APs are a huge boost! :)

Buy the shark and get the achievement?

Vystirch
03-02-2013, 09:18 AM
The achievement should be granted when the item is first looted, or worn by another player. If I buy the hooks, for however an exorbitant fund such as 6mil and i equip and use them I want my achievement points. Same thing for hammerjaw. I see no reason this should be the way the achievements are awarded. I get ask by people if I would give them my ninja suit or my blades or they are begging for gold. I have a mute button, I can use it, also if I'm gullible enough to give my helmet/hooks/hammerjaw to someone who runs away with it then sham on me.

STS make the achievement granted when item is used/worn and just disclaim on the forums here that you will not help anyone who had it stolen.......

Just my cents.....,
I won't be buying the Hooks or Hammer till this is fixed,
-Vys

Mysticaleagle
03-02-2013, 09:23 AM
The achievement should be granted when the item is first looted, or worn by another player. If I buy the hooks, for however an exorbitant fund such as 6mil I and equip and use them I want my achievement points. Same thing for hammerjaw. I see no reason this should be the way the achievements are awarded. I get ask by pole if I would give them my ninja suit or my blades or they are begging for gold. I have a mute button, I can use it, also if I'm gullible enough to give my helmet/hooks/hammerjaw to someone who runs away with it then sham on me.

STS make the achievement granted when item is used/worn and just disclaim on the forums here that you will not help anyone who had it stolen.......

Just my cents.....,
-Vys

200% agreed.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

razerfingers
03-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Lol @ people who would do such a thing and get scammed. Ive tried getting gold for the achievement from a buddy who has it and he hasnt given it to me lol! Eventhough ive known him in PL for forever. Which is good id say but i kinda wanna be a poor zillionaire.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Nerola
03-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Just turn the achievement into a tradable item in the chest category so people who gets those mythic and arcane items can decide if they want to use the achievements or not.

Lalarie
03-02-2013, 10:37 AM
The achievement should be granted when the item is first looted, or worn by another player. If I buy the hooks, for however an exorbitant fund such as 6mil and i equip and use them I want my achievement points. Same thing for hammerjaw. I see no reason this should be the way the achievements are awarded. I get ask by people if I would give them my ninja suit or my blades or they are begging for gold. I have a mute button, I can use it, also if I'm gullible enough to give my helmet/hooks/hammerjaw to someone who runs away with it then sham on me.

Just my cents.....,
-Vys

+10000000, I total agree

Energizeric
03-02-2013, 02:35 PM
I like the idea that you can't just borrow your friend's items to get achievements. However, there is no reason to apply this logic to Hammerjaw since once opened he cannot be traded. I wonder what's the value of a hammerjaw egg with these new rules? Seems like it must have gone way down.

Mysticaleagle
03-02-2013, 03:08 PM
I like the idea that you can't just borrow your friend's items to get achievements. However, there is no reason to apply this logic to Hammerjaw since once opened he cannot be traded. I wonder what's the value of a hammerjaw egg with these new rules? Seems like it must have gone way down.

Haven't seen even one sell yet.