PDA

View Full Version : Dont NERF, equalize pvp levels

Zyntia
03-02-2013, 05:04 AM
All the classes have ALWAYS had advantages and weaknesses in pvp. Nerfing does not solve any problem, neither does it "balance" out anything. A level 13 player put against a level 18 player (who's level he cannot even know because its hidden ofcourse) has NO CHANCE at all in pvp. And the inclusion of pets makes PVP seem rather like pet vs player rather than player vs player. When pets were not around in pvp, it was solely a player's skills, gear, tactics which decided his fate. But now, its just about platinum and who buys a 2 million gold Mccraw or 200, 000 gold Malison. The pet does the damage mostly. I even heard a Warrior claim "my red piggy is owning" while his high level, high damage pet was hitting a poor mage . So is pvp now pet vs player?

Besides this the people who whine about Rogues being overpowered must be people who have a) not had the inclination to use proper gear and pets in pvp or/and b) they have died because their opponent was definitely of a higher level. However in a battle among a team of equals (in level, pets and gear) as opposed to 1 vs 1-- Rogue, Warrior or Mage there is always a 50-50 chance of one killing the other and vice versa. (I have well-equipped characters in all 3 classes and am speaking from experience).

Rogues are the weakest and at a high risk of dying when stuck among over-strong Warriors and over-skilled shielded mages. In a 1 vs 1 pvp between a well-geared Rogue and a well-geared Warrior (both of the same level) 90% of the time it will always be the Warrior who will survive. The Rogue will shoot and shoot but the Warrior's extremely high hp and strength would just not go down. When the Rogue will try to run, the Warrior can just windmill her back, whack her again to death, while using his horn to blow life back into him. Besides this, with Ribbit as the Warrior's pet ( 40% crit arcane ability) he becomes clearly unstoppable against the Rogue.

A maxed out good-geared Mage is at an advantage against an equal Rogue because even before the Rogue comes in the required range to attack him, he quickly puts on his blessed shield so her first arrow or blade doesnt damage him at all and he stuns her, hitting her again and again until her already low health meter goes empty. Unlike Warriors and Mages, Rogues do not have a strong shield, do not have their health packs falling on top of their heads to rejuvenate them. They need to walk to their health packs and it becomes just impossible to even move when she is ensnared in a well-equipped Mage's trap. Besides this Mages also have the chance to score 250% damage on a crit.

A good fight is 'among equals'. My suggestion is that --
1. All classes should be de-nerfed and made to be as they were before, with a new update and pets should be removed from pvp since we dont want it to turn out as pet vs player.

2. To make it really balanced, players of the SAME LEVEL should be put agaisnt each other. A gap of more than one level ensures the higher level player winning no matter if its a Rogue, a Warrior or a Mage with whatever pet. I would also suggest that the levels of the opponents be shown so we can choose to leave or continue in a room full of higher-level players. This, instead of nerfing on classes, will bring out balance.

3. In order to reduce further complaints and whining and to bring about real equality in pvp, I believe players of the same class should be fighting each other. Rogue vs Rogue. Mage vs Mage. Warrior vs Warrior. It is then that the fight will be about tactics, like we want. It is then that each of us will stop unfairly complaining about the other class being more powerful.

Ciosalis
03-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Agreed
:)

Jackyll
03-03-2013, 05:58 PM
FINALLY someone who THINKS in PvP lol. I agree no one class needs to be nerfed over the other, nor skills of those classes. I think people should just plainly get better. When i started PvP i was HORRIABLE i have like a negative 100 K/D. Now, through learning each class's skills/advantages/disadvantages, I have a HIGH positive K/D ratio and am able to hold my own in most situations.

hotpimp
03-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Nerf warrior. Duhh.
#occupykraag2013

Jackyll
03-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Nerf warrior. Duhh.
#occupykraag2013

Stay on your own thread, and not go thread to thread stating things that have already been addressed on others.

hotpimp
03-03-2013, 06:13 PM
I do what i want kid, go to bed, it's past your bedtime.

Jackyll
03-03-2013, 06:33 PM
I do what i want kid, go to bed, it's past your bedtime.

Zyntia, I apologize in advance if your thread gets locked. Its a good topic, one that deserves better readers.

yoho
03-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Stay on your own thread, and not go thread to thread stating things that have already been addressed on others.

Things are always change through times, so balance will be tweaked. And windmill glitch will be 'changed'. It's the matter of time.

Genuinous
03-03-2013, 06:45 PM
While at lower lvl's you are right about lvl differences, you are very wrong to apply this to endgame scenarios. I wish people stopped mixing up endgame and twinking... Nerfing and lvl differences are totally different...

Pet's are awesome, you do not need the most expensive one, but you can still do really well with them. Learn which pet is good for you and learn how to use it. Since you mainly talk about rogues, one of the best pets for them is well under 10k, which if you use correctly makes you super hard to beat. Or a ribbit on a rogue. Pets add versatility, difference, also is a unique feature for AL. Pets should be in pvp.

Balance is always necessary and is a continuous process. Devs will try their best and will keep tweaking balance until this game is up and running. Do realize pls that this is a good thing.

And you last suggestion... No no no. You have different classes, so you can play against one another. Its a great part. Playing vs same class would get dull. no no no

Genuinous
03-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Things are always change through times, so balance will be tweaked. And windmill glitch will be 'changed'. It's the matter of time.

Last comment made by a dev stated that it was not a glitch... So I have my doubts on that...

hotpimp
03-03-2013, 06:54 PM
Be honest, a warrior, with 3k health 2k armor, should THEY be able to 1 hit enemies? AFTER the damage nerf?

Shaukei
03-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Yes, a 'duel mode' in which you face off one versus one could be a lot of fun. :)

Many games I've played take an 'everything's a little OP'-approach and it's great. I think making certain classes / builds excel in certain situations makes the game more fun and potentially more tactical. Even if those situations feel unfair to the losing party. As long as they can be avoided, it's fine. Of course, nothing should excel too much or too little, and that always takes a lot of time and effort to balance out.

As for pets in PvP, I like the variety it adds. I won't complain as long as it doesn't become the focus, and platinum-only or excessively rare pets don't offer a significant advantage over the rest.

Matutd
03-03-2013, 07:39 PM
The person who said "my red piggy is owning", was that a level 12 warrior?

Lady_Pebbles
03-03-2013, 07:51 PM
I believe pets in PvP are definately needed. They add the buffs and diversity that many of us need to complete our builds. Also allow us to use our PvE builds in PvP.

The dmg reduction in PvP was needed. Badly. Im glad they did it! However I also agree that no class should be able to kill another with just one or two hits.

I can imagine finding a true balance between the classes is a huge challenge but at the moment, the main problems we have regarding PvP are players who don't seem to know how to work with what they got. And those that just can't seem to adapt to the adjustments throughout the testing phases. My biggest concern is the amount of plat used to respec this entire time during testing.... too much spent trying to find the right build that suits me lol. XD