PDA

View Full Version : Elite Loot Distribution in the Kraken Isles

Samhayne
03-02-2013, 09:37 AM
To encourage players to fight all of the different bosses found in the Elite Kraken Isles, some of the new loot is distributed. This is different from the original game and the Dead City expansion, in that previously everything could be found from Elite Chests.

All of the previous Elite content (non-Kraken Isles zones) have level 25 items, but no level 26 items. Elite Level 26 items only come from Elite Kraken Isles zones.

There are 3 new Elite legendary Weapons (with variable stats, use pirate themed assets)

Kraken Skewer (Trident – Sorcerer) that ONLY drops from the final boss in Elite Dungeon 5 (Skull Cove)

Abyssal Flamberge (Skull Pirate Sword – Warrior) that ONLY drops from the final boss in Elite Dungeon 4 (Ancient Mariner Reef)

Slicing Flintlocks (Gunswords – Rogue) that ONLY drops from the final boss in Elite Dungeon 1 (Windmoore Harbor)

New Elite Armor Sets

Bloodhammer’s Ensemble - 4 Variations per class

Helm for each class drops ONLY from the final boss in Elite Dungeon 2 (The Southern Seas)

Chest Armor for each class drops ONLY from the final boss in Elite Dungeon 3 (Grog Beach)

3 new MYTHIC helm pieces

Mythic Armor is planned for the Kraken Isles and the next two expansions.

The Helms are available as rare drops only from Gold Elite Pirate Chests and Locked Grand Crates of the Watch.

In the next expansion, you will have a chance to obtain Mythic Armor (and Mythic helms will still drop from the Kraken Isles content). We have more plans for this Mythic Armor in the expansion after that.

The Mythic Armor is tied to the lore of the three heroes.
Vili’s Aged Cowl (Sorcerer)
Himingleva’s Aged Helm (Rogue)
Uller’s Aged Visage (Warrior)

1 Arcane Weapon

Blackbeard’s Nefarious Hooks

Blackbeard's Nefarious Hooks are available as rare drops only from Gold Elite Pirate Chests and Locked Grand Crates of the Watch.

We have plans for additional Arcane Weapons in coming expansions.

SouLBlizzard
03-02-2013, 09:39 AM
Woot

Vystirch
03-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Ok so my only question is... I know the hooks will scale with each cap raise, will the mythic items also?

yoho
03-02-2013, 10:00 AM
And my question: Why new Elite Weapon is not Elite even being lvl26 against lvl25 Jarl weapons (Vorpal, Lifethiefs) ?

Samhayne
03-02-2013, 10:11 AM
And my question: Why new Elite Weapon is not Elite even being lvl26 against lvl25 Jarl weapons (Vorpal, Lifethiefs) ?

Because you're comparing the best 25 with not the best 26. Get one of the Elite Weapons that drop.

Mysticaleagle
03-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Because you're comparing the best 25 with not the best 26. Get one of the Elite Weapons that drop.

Level 25 Clever Flamestrike of Assault = Best rod for mage.

I never saw a 'Elite' weapon level 26 for Mage... :)

Vilified
03-02-2013, 10:19 AM
Good update

Phupham88
03-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Can we see picture n stats of those weapon drop at final boss

yoho
03-02-2013, 10:29 AM

Sam, I am comparing with the best 26. Even stats-wise lvl25 gear sometimes is better, + 100%proc of Vorpal, or amazing output of lifethiefs..
Why would anyone fight 4th Location for Abyssal Flamberge lvl26, 10minutes! Hard! Against 1.30 min run for Jarl n better loot?

wvhills
03-02-2013, 10:31 AM
Elite levels take too long to finish to try for these and that's with my guild. They're unplayable in pugs so I won't get a chance to get any of these anyways but nice info.

Samhayne
03-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Can we see picture n stats of those weapon drop at final boss

Yes, I've been working on pictures and stats, but with all the variations there are a lot :) look for more next week.

Raxin
03-02-2013, 10:51 AM
Elite levels take too long to finish to try for these and that's with my guild. They're unplayable in pugs so I won't get a chance to get any of these anyways but nice info.
This

Mysticaleagle
03-02-2013, 10:52 AM

This x100.

Many of us can forget the Arcane / Mythic achievement. Not cool.

Samhayne
03-02-2013, 10:56 AM

Elite is intended to be just as the name implies. The Design Team is continuing to look at feedback and how users are playing. I believe there are more refinements in consideration of your complaints.

Takezaki
03-02-2013, 11:03 AM
That Abyssal Flamberge, if it's the same as a few days ago, is pretty much useless compared to Dark Watch or other Elites..

Mysticaleagle
03-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Elite is intended to be just as the name implies. The Design Team is continuing to look at feedback and how users are playing. I believe there are more refinements in consideration of your complaints.

Sam, how to get that Arcane weapon?

I mean, I spent thousands of platinums, I opened hundreds of Golden Chests, and farmed for days and days and days.
No sign of them, and not even a sign of a non crappy pink.

In any case, how's that luck system working, since some peeps, do get Mythic helmets, rare pinks over and over again or even some Hammerjaw or Arcane weapon after the first opening.

How's that possible? See, that's what I mean by some of us will never get that achievement since you changed to ''loot it'', and even some will lose interest as many of us need these achievement points etc.

2 little crappy cents ofc.

Takezaki
03-02-2013, 11:11 AM

I mean, I spent thousands of platinums, I opened hundreds of Golden Chests, and farmed for days and days and days.

In any case, how's that luck system working, since some peeps, do get Mythic helmets, rare pinks over and over again or even some Hammerjaw or Arcane weapon after the first opening.

How's that possible? See, that's what I mean by some of us will never get that achievement since you changed to ''loot it'', and even some will lose interest as many of us need these achievement points etc.

I feel your pain bro.

yoho
03-02-2013, 11:15 AM
That Abyssal Flamberge, if it's the same as a few days ago, is pretty much useless compared to Dark Watch or other Elites..

Mb there is another Abyssal Flamberge that noone knows about? Or cool version of it coming in next patch. Alas for now Pirate Elite is farmed not for good weapon.

Samhayne
03-02-2013, 11:17 AM

There is no guarantee that any one person could ever get it. It's rare like that.

Samhayne
03-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Mb there is another Abyssal Flamberge that noone knows about? Or cool version of it coming in next patch. Alas for now Pirate Elite is farmed not for good weapon.

I'm not sure, but the intent is that those elite legendary weapons would be some of the best available in the Kraken Isles expansion.

Prototypedwar
03-02-2013, 11:21 AM
the abyssal flamberge needs an update if it is supposed to be considered "elite" by players ..

Takezaki
03-02-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm not sure, but the intent is that those elite legendary weapons would be some of the best available in the Kraken Isles expansion.

Well it's the only new sword coming from the elite Kraken but it's basically useless and worthless.

Oh and..Snowflakes? Really?

Pump that sword to 60 something DPS for the warfare version and give it black hue/ glittering skulls effect and I'll truly be thrilled about this expansion ;)

Mysticaleagle
03-02-2013, 12:00 PM
There is no guarantee that any one person could ever get it. It's rare like that.

I do understand. But there's surely a luck or drop system in Arcane Legends.
Why, would some players always get good drops, and the most rare stuff especially the same persons when some of us including me, spends million gold in chests to open, or thousands platinums in opening crates, or farming weeks non stop to never get good items?

Which some players, are sitting there, opening few crates and chests to get mythic and arcanes, which they do.

I have a friend that opened 15 crates and 4 golden chests and received Arcane weapon and hammerjaw, then he opened few more crates next week to again receive a hammerjaw.

I mean, you do get my point right? That's why i'm totally losing interest in buying thousands of platinums and stuff.

My account has 6296 platinum purchased at the moment, and around half of these platinums if not more, went into opening crates to get nothing.

Anyways, I still enjoy my Ninja vanity a lot. It gives me the power! :)

Dragonrider023
03-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Awesome! too bad I'm L23.

And we will have two more expansion soon! cant wait

warbluefish
03-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Sam. its just not fair. u put mage weapon in the skull cave . it takes me 1hour to beat the boss. and south sea. habour. only takes about 7mins. no mention how many times u dies in the last map for a mage. pls. mages r so weak . pls make our life a little easier.

also as the items r in different maps. warriors will play their own map and rogue will play theirs. and mages r really really bad at fighting bosses. its impossible for a party of mage to fight bloodhammer.

digitalbot
03-02-2013, 01:21 PM
sooo unless i missed something..
is the game up to date with this thread? should i start faming the sourhern seas like right now for a mythic?

just a simple yes or no from your time would help like crazy

Liquid Ice
03-02-2013, 01:54 PM
I do understand. But there's surely a luck or drop system in Arcane Legends.
Why, would some players always get good drops, and the most rare stuff especially the same persons when some of us including me, spends million gold in chests to open, or thousands platinums in opening crates, or farming weeks non stop to never get good items?

Which some players, are sitting there, opening few crates and chests to get mythic and arcanes, which they do.

I have a friend that opened 15 crates and 4 golden chests and received Arcane weapon and hammerjaw, then he opened few more crates next week to again receive a hammerjaw.

I mean, you do get my point right? That's why i'm totally losing interest in buying thousands of platinums and stuff.

My account has 6296 platinum purchased at the moment, and around half of these platinums if not more, went into opening crates to get nothing.

Anyways, I still enjoy my Ninja vanity a lot. It gives me the power! :)

The trials are independent. Opening more doesn't increase the odds of the next chest having the item you're looking for. Look up the gambler's fallacy.

Thegrimreaper
03-02-2013, 02:21 PM
this is why i quit...all of the fore mentioned things....i have literally farmed for 38 hrs straight.....no pinks no chests above elite copper, its worse than pocket legends and the luck elixer is a joke, it rerolls to crappy eggs....at least dont make all eggs pink, i have always questioned the "luck" of people i opened around 400-500 crates no hammer, but some random person opened crates and got hammer back to back and then showed me the 2 of them cause i didnt believe him....this is a plat based game now and i spend more in a month on this game than xbox live in a year....thats rediculous

Genuinous
03-02-2013, 02:29 PM
I know this is mages whining again... But given that Rogue weapon comes from the first and easiest map (okay okay, rogue expansion, but even this? arcane weapon, easy new weapon, rogue only quest, only cool vanity for rogue... hearing a bit too much of them lately). And warriors gear came from the bugged reef (yeah, fair enough, you could not see that ahead). But the super strong last map is giving mage items? That's just so unfair... And yes I'm complaining as a mage, because I am feeling seriously starting to feel ignored and unappreciated... :(

Mysticaleagle
03-02-2013, 03:11 PM
200% agree with Grim.

Before Arcane Legends release, I remember that quote from the Developers.

''Platinum will ONLY be useful for Vanities, or Elixirs''.

Look at the game now. 95% Platinum based.

It's not like things are getting better. Something has to be done guys, come on! :(

octavos
03-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Im usually pretty reserved on my comments. But I don't belive AL is plat based. ELITE isn't cheap...but its also not for the lazy. Now im not an "Elite" player but I do belive somethings in this game have to be hard to get. Sorry mystical and grim for your plat loss...trully I am. But I praise and encourage the people who do want something to do after they cap...then why would they play?.....im not on anyones side on this matter, but im glad they are not touching the "regular pve" in difficulty. I DON'T want it to be like PL...why I stoped playing that game....so in that way we can still be competitive...For that I thank you devs.

Thegrimreaper
03-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Im usually pretty reserved on my comments. But I don't belive AL is plat based. ELITE isn't cheap...but its also not for the lazy. Now im not an "Elite" player but I do belive somethings in this game have to be hard to get. Sorry mystical and grim for your plat loss...trully I am. But I praise and encourage the people who do want something to do after they cap...then why would they play?.....im not on anyones side on this matter, but im glad they are not touching the "regular pve" in difficulty. I DON'T want it to be like PL...why I stoped playing that game....so in that way we can still be competitive...For that I thank you devs.

most of my post was about the crates and such, 15 plat for a crate? each time? thats more of a plat suck than all three of the OCD helms in PL put together

octavos
03-02-2013, 03:39 PM

most of my post was about the crates and such, 15 plat for a crate? each time? thats more of a plat suck than all three of the OCD helms in PL put together

I believe you bro, I have spent my fair share to stay elite...way before AL...but I finally made a choice..have fun or pay tons to stay elite...I choose to enjoy the game. Now its time to make that same choice. I buy and work for what I really want...without becomeing angery at the choices devs make.

Thegrimreaper
03-02-2013, 03:50 PM
honestly the game isnt fun unless there is a goal.....once i beat that goal....im done.....so in the case of leaderboards.....its a ongoing thing....which requires plat...most people are like me and are competitive in nature.....thats why video games are around...to compete and play with others...its a complete plat suck

octavos
03-02-2013, 04:05 PM
honestly the game isnt fun unless there is a goal.....once i beat that goal....im done.....so in the case of leaderboards.....its a ongoing thing....which requires plat...most people are like me and are competitive in nature.....thats why video games are around...to compete and play with others...its a complete plat suck

I stick to my previous post. Only watcher chests require plat. So time to farm gold, for HP, and some basic armor..assemble a good team...looks like your goal don't need plat. To stay competitive its a choice not an obligation, Don't mix the two. But what I will say before I abandon this thread (no hard feelings grim, nice chat ;), the real goal is to be elite without burning plat...but use plat..to help ease some of the effort if you are planning to embark on the quest of becoming "Elite'.

Jed
03-02-2013, 04:05 PM
Ok so my only question is... I know the hooks will scale with each cap raise, will the mythic items also?
Sam reply to this please thanks

Mysticaleagle
03-02-2013, 04:11 PM
I stick to my previous post. Only watcher chests require plat. So time to farm gold, for HP, and some basic armor..assemble a good team...looks like your goal don't need plat. To stay competitive its a choice not an obligation, Don't mix the two. But what I will say before I abandon this thread (no hard feelings grim, nice chat ;), the real goal is to be elite without burning plat...but use plat..to help ease some of the effort if you are planning to embark on the quest of becoming "Elite'.

If you really look into it, trust, you'll realise that it's not only the crates that requires platinum.

Just a proof, is that we were able to buy Hammerjaw with gold from someone, open it, and get the achievement.
STS knows people wants the achievement along with the banner, and now it's changed to ''LOOT'' the egg which makes us NEED to open crates to get it. Why? For more platinums sales ofc. That's a BIG and VALUABLE proof.

I wasted 4000 platinums on opening crates to try and get hammerjaw (got just crap) when some lazy dudes opens 5 to get 3 hammerjaws.

That's non sense, and they say it's luck? Nah bro, nah. There's something behind all this.

As much as I do agree with some of your points.
And with all my respect to you, and the devs.

digitalbot
03-02-2013, 05:32 PM
can we get banners back to how they were, change them next season? its not right i had it and now its gone :/
make some of us happy (:

Mysticaleagle
03-02-2013, 05:34 PM
can we get banners back to how they were, change them next season? its not right i had it and now its gone :/
make some of us happy (:

Take a look at ''Seasonal Banners Modifications'' in General Discussion. :p

warbluefish
03-02-2013, 05:38 PM
I know this is mages whining again... But given that Rogue weapon comes from the first and easiest map (okay okay, rogue expansion, but even this? arcane weapon, easy new weapon, rogue only quest, only cool vanity for rogue... hearing a bit too much of them lately). And warriors gear came from the bugged reef (yeah, fair enough, you could not see that ahead). But the super strong last map is giving mage items? That's just so unfair... And yes I'm complaining as a mage, because I am feeling seriously starting to feel ignored and unappreciated... :(

Totally agree. i dont know how they think. let the weakest class to fight hardest boss. mages r for sure in the bottom of al. who will spend 1 hour (at least) to get a 1% loot chance of a weapon?

Mysticaleagle
03-02-2013, 05:41 PM
Totally agree. i dont know how they think. let the weakest class to fight hardest boss. mages r for sure in the bottom of al. who will spend 1 hour (at least) to get a 1% loot chance of a weapon?

Mages hits like a squirrel, they can't even hurt a fly, and they die like a spider. (as easy as when you squash one with your shoe).

Humor way to say they're weak. :p

Jcyee
03-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Eww...

Is there really a big difference between 25 and 26 elite items? Enough to make an average player want to spend lots more gold and or platinum to get them?

Cero
03-02-2013, 06:17 PM
they shouldve make sorc arcane weapon go out first.
"saving the best for last" whaaaa?? sorc is the worst class ingame.

now im starting to think that they're going in a business thinking.
rogue - warrior - sorc.
rogue - almost all played it, means more players are willing to burn plat for the weapon.
warrior - theyre still OP, buff them more later on.
sorc - let them be , only few plays it and the class is dying.

this is out of the blue and shouldve been pointed out early days of kraken. but with the feedback and expansion outcome im starting to think that business is over consumer's ( idk what the word to say, might as well leave it hanging)

Decrpito
03-02-2013, 06:23 PM
I can't really say it like this, but I do agree that some bad stuff is going on these days, and that the decisions they take, and the changes they made or make, aren't helping at all.

Mystical first of allí i want to apologize I just saw the date of ur review and it was written days ago. Now continue with the opinions in here I'm feeling the same way, my gf has a rogue I can tell the big Differences with my mage both are bout to cap I'm on my way now to have the best armor helmet , am an ring and the oracle I'm not using*aa*anymore, my gf still using best lvl 21 gear and kills a lot more than me overall is better in everithing. My only advice to new players is, don't start a mage, please at the beginning its fun, but this days we are so weak, new maps have a lot gun equipped mobs meaning sorceres die easily. The game is great for remaining classes rogue and warrior

warbluefish
03-02-2013, 06:25 PM
As a hardcore mage player just feel sad.

digitalbot
03-02-2013, 09:01 PM
i just want to be able to farm mythic helm and armor at boss site, like in Dark Legends...
albino bats still go for 3+mil.. they are that rare.. but plat based? we can spend 100-500bucks and recieve nothing..
what are you guys doing (:
hello (:
sts (:

Energizeric
03-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Sorry to say but everyone is just a bunch of whiners here. I'm the first to complain when I see real issues in the game. But again we are back to the "I must have everything good in the game within 1 week of release or else I will complain". Well, too bad. The arcane and mythic items are out one single week and already folks are complaining like there is no tomorrow. And why exactly do you even have to have these items or else you will die? I can't speak for rogues and warriors, but for sorcerers the mythic helm isn't even as good as the sealord effigy of security, in my opinion. Some think it's better, but either way there is not enough of a real difference to make it a necessary item to have to complete in PvP or any other competition. If you want the mythic achievement, then buy ripmaw which cost only 250 plat, not thousands of plat.

As for the arcane items, Hammerjaw is not even the best pet for any class, so he's certainly not necessary. And from what I've read in posts, the rogue arcane weapon isn't even the best rogue weapon, or at least folks are debating it which means it's certainly not that much better even if it is the best. So you need to have the Arcane achievement to compete for leaderboards? Well, I got my leaderboard banner for "top sorcerer" in season 2 and I don't have the arcane achievement. And I doubt I will have it for season 3, but pretty sure I'll still manage to be on that list and get my banner. And there are plenty of other leaderboards that you can compete for in which arcane items are totally unnecessary.

So just chill!! I like not having every single end game elite item. If I had them already only a week after the expansion, then this game would become boring very fast!

wowdah
03-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Sorry to say but everyone is just a bunch of whiners here. I'm the first to complain when I see real issues in the game. But again we are back to the "I must have everything good in the game within 1 week of release or else I will complain". Well, too bad. The arcane and mythic items are out one single week and already folks are complaining like there is no tomorrow. And why exactly do you even have to have these items or else you will die? I can't speak for rogues and warriors, but for sorcerers the mythic helm isn't even as good as the sealord effigy of security, in my opinion. Some think it's better, but either way there is not enough of a real difference to make it a necessary item to have to complete in PvP or any other competition. If you want the mythic achievement, then buy ripmaw which cost only 250 plat, not thousands of plat.

As for the arcane items, Hammerjaw is not even the best pet for any class, so he's certainly not necessary. And from what I've read in posts, the rogue arcane weapon isn't even the best rogue weapon, or at least folks are debating it which means it's certainly not that much better even if it is the best. So you need to have the Arcane achievement to compete for leaderboards? Well, I got my leaderboard banner for "top sorcerer" in season 2 and I don't have the arcane achievement. And I doubt I will have it for season 3, but pretty sure I'll still manage to be on that list and get my banner. And there are plenty of other leaderboards that you can compete for in which arcane items are totally unnecessary.

So just chill!! I like not having every single end game elite item. If I had them already only a week after the expansion, then this game would become boring very fast!

True story.

meanakric
03-02-2013, 10:51 PM
Yes, very true comments on sorcerer class. Not just sad, it's pathetic for sorcerer. There's no place for a mage now in new elite map. I tried today 30mins+ fight in elite mariners with two good warriors and one rogue. 30 mins!! Do you get it? Try to imagine what will happen to a only-mage-group in last elite map. Mage will become :ghost: in a blink! Where's STS's explanation here? And when this ridiculous changes will kick in? :mad:

just comment
03-03-2013, 12:24 AM
Yes, very true comments on sorcerer class. Not just sad, it's pathetic for sorcerer. There's no place for a mage now in new elite map. I tried today 30mins+ fight in elite mariners with two good warriors and one rogue. 30 mins!! Do you get it? Try to imagine what will happen to a only-mage-group in last elite map. Mage will become :ghost: in a blink! Where's STS's explanation here? And when this ridiculous changes will kick in? :mad:

4 mage in elite = LOL ;p
even for a war, their best tank skill is GREEN POT !!!

Valsacar
03-03-2013, 02:16 AM
We are squishy, but in every elite run I've done (KI) as soon as I die the others are not far behind me. It took me a while to figure out how to do it, but now that I do the runs go much smoother. With fireball stun, time to root, clyde to freeze, and ice to freeze I can keep those little things in one place, and knockback proc to push things back into the circle of death. Tank does his job as best he can, but once they are free to run towards whomever has aggro we're all dead. As long as I keep myself alive, which means play support, they stay locked in one place and eventually die.

Hell, my last run the tank died on the boss. The other two died. I managed to survive until they returned, and knock a bit off of him in the process. While I'd like a little more survivability, I'm actually finding this to be more fun than before. Sure, I'm not getting as many chests as before, but I'm also not sleeping through the runs because it's so easy.

Mysticaleagle
03-03-2013, 05:08 AM

As much as I agree with you, some of us reserves the right to give some criticism or state their opinions which should not be considered as 'whining'.

We tell the truth, give our thoughts, which is understandable because you're not always gonna give positive comments, right?

That Hammerjaw change and some other stuff are just unbelievable and ridiculous (sorry for the words) and needs consideration from the developers, in reviewing what they did.

We have completely lost communication between the developers and us. Somethings has to be done, honestly.

But I still do love that Ninja Vanity set.

hawkgirls
03-03-2013, 07:38 AM
Do you forget the Rough who use bow? Seem that you were not emphasize that anymore. I love to play a bow and Im still waiting and waiting for when will you design a good looking bow more than this like a shipmaster bow, Im really sicked about this. You were release bow and you were not make a different rough who use dagger or bow. Rough who use dagger that have more Dps but why they can using bow skill. Bow physical ATK have very little damage but Dagger have really high damage on physical ATK. please fix it

Thank you
Hawkgirls

Jellowpy
03-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Double post

Jellowpy
03-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Passing Arcane weapon = Good reason not to get the arcane achievement

But

We cant pass around pets so what most people who care about this achievement are saying is let us have the ability to get this achievement not only by looting it but also by having an option to get the Achievement by "Hatching" the egg.. Take out achievement on looting the egg just make it trigger once we hatched the egg ..

Mysticaleagle
03-03-2013, 09:21 AM
Passing Arcane weapon = Good reason not to get the arcane achievement

But

We cant pass around pets so what most people who care about this achievement are saying is let us have the ability to get this achievement not only by looting it but also by having an option to get the Achievement by "Hatching" the egg.. Take out achievement on looting the egg just make it trigger once we hatched the egg ..

Nooooo course they won't since it'll make less platinum sales for themmmmm

Zanpakuto
03-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Elite kraken maps are impossible to play through. Even with friends it costs way too much. Can't even play the lower level elite as its become way too hard and expensive. I play with anyone anywhere, anytime" is not true as most maps are deserts or people just abandon 1/4 way through. I have over 11000armor with the best equips and I get slaughtered by the rogues in elite rooks nest. Even with arcane or mythic level weapons and armor, I'm still going to get my butt kicked so what's the point? The only people I can play with anytime anywhere currently is in jarl runs and wt tombs 4.

Some serious rebalancing is needed for the general population who have medium equipment esp warriors who are useless as tanks even with the best equip

Energizeric
03-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Nooooo course they won't since it'll make less platinum sales for themmmmm

I don't think making that change will result in any less plat sales. It's still just one achievement per hammerjaw egg, and you can't buy hammerjaw from someone unless they actually spent plat and looted it, so in the end someone is still going to have to open those crates to get him.

Natrich
03-03-2013, 07:39 PM
I don't think making that change will result in any less plat sales. It's still just one achievement per hammerjaw egg, and you can't buy hammerjaw from someone unless they actually spent plat and looted it, so in the end someone is still going to have to open those crates to get him.

Nah, eagle is 100% right. The change directly increases the amount of crates being opened

yoho
03-03-2013, 07:51 PM

I think it will result in less plat sales. Ppl who desperately need achievement and can't just buy/merch the egg will make STS a fortune.

meanakric
03-03-2013, 08:52 PM
I don't mind STS to earn big fortune, after all it's their right after making a good game. :indecisiveness: I just feel that the way they make money now is destroying their own precious hard work only. Players' experience (at least for me, a mage) is thoroughly neglected, and this is what defines a good game.

There's certain limit to MMO difficulties due to its nature. If people is joining randomly for a elite game now, I bet over 90% are not able to complete the level. My longest experience yesterday: 1hr36mins for Elite Skull Cove with random players who strive to the very end. :applause: Can you understand now? You expect a person with handphone to play more than an hour for a level? You got to be kidding..

Back to Sorcerer's pathetic stats, I am playing with two warriors, and another mage in Skull Cove yet we have died countless times. Oh yes, somebody is going to jump out and said: well, your technique problems, nothing else. Well well well, then I have nothing more to say. good luck for playing in mage group for Skull Cove and remember to use plenty of plats for reviving on spot (to become a dedicated player if you want to) and drink gallons of potions, if you even have a chance to grab it. I die in less than a second with 1900hp and more than 650 armor. This is not whining/complain. This is a true reflection to what has changed.

Congratulate me for getting an Epic item after the long battle. :hopelessness:

iacito
03-03-2013, 09:17 PM
4 mage in elite = LOL ;p
even for a war, their best tank skill is GREEN POT !!!

Believe it or not, a team of 4 mages will do well in elite and will barely have to use any pots except against the boss.

Valsacar
03-03-2013, 10:21 PM
Believe it or not, a team of 4 mages will do well in elite and will barely have to use any pots except against the boss.

I know the best runs I had in the old elite maps were with all mages, nothing moves, nothing attacks, we just kill them. Problem is, most mages don't know that or don't know how to properly control the mobs and group them together.

yoho
03-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Yes, nerf them! </kidding>

I still hope there will be explanation about Abyssal Flamberge n Slicing Flintlocks. What's the use of that weapon?
Heartseekers failed in the 1st season, demonblades/villanous blades in 2nd, depraved and flintlocks in 3rd? I honestly would like to see benefit from different weapons in different situations, for example, X-weapon for great aoe effect, fit for pve, Y-weapon for better stun, can be used in pvp or bosses, Z-weapon for crit/dmg but you have less hp/armor. 'Proc' attribute supposed to do it, but it's failed on rogue's weapons. The only melee weapon - Lifethiefs, f o r e v e r.
Perhaps, it's time to move ;)

Norbert
03-04-2013, 04:44 PM
So... back to the OP.... I really like that various items drop on specific maps. That's a great thing about PL that keeps people farming all sorts of different areas. Here's one suggestion though* -- instead of dropping each class's items on different maps, go back to PL system where one map drops armors, one drops weapons, etc. That way you motivate good mixed teams.

Otherwise, I think it's a great direction. I'd like to see it expanded to include regular pinks. I'd also like to see pinks drop outside of chests, but maybe that's just me. I much, much prefer seeing items drop than chests. I'm not very clear why that change was made. I guess it is useful so you can trade and sell chests, or give to lower/higher level chars and they can open and scale any items -- is that it?

*Unfortunately, since you invented the PL system I'm sure you must have considered it and chosen not to reproduce it here. Reconsider? :)

Genuinous
03-04-2013, 08:15 PM
So... back to the OP.... I really like that various items drop on specific maps. That's a great thing about PL that keeps people farming all sorts of different areas. Here's one suggestion though* -- instead of dropping each class's items on different maps, go back to PL system where one map drops armors, one drops weapons, etc. That way you motivate good mixed teams.

Otherwise, I think it's a great direction. I'd like to see it expanded to include regular pinks. I'd also like to see pinks drop outside of chests, but maybe that's just me. I much, much prefer seeing items drop than chests. I'm not very clear why that change was made. I guess it is useful so you can trade and sell chests, or give to lower/higher level chars and they can open and scale any items -- is that it?

*Unfortunately, since you invented the PL system I'm sure you must have considered it and chosen not to reproduce it here. Reconsider? :)

That's a good idea and it would solve the balance issue between classes. It would also help me not to feel neglected and ignored... And maybe I would stop doing elite runs with my rogue and get back to mage...

PL has many great things that AL could use, but some of them we will never see (respec, etc, etc)

Spicy1
03-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Yes, nerf them! </kidding>

I still hope there will be explanation about Abyssal Flamberge n Slicing Flintlocks. What's the use of that weapon?
Heartseekers failed in the 1st season, demonblades/villanous blades in 2nd, depraved and flintlocks in 3rd? I honestly would like to see benefit from different weapons in different situations, for example, X-weapon for great aoe effect, fit for pve, Y-weapon for better stun, can be used in pvp or bosses, Z-weapon for crit/dmg but you have less hp/armor. 'Proc' attribute supposed to do it, but it's failed on rogue's weapons. The only melee weapon - Lifethiefs, f o r e v e r.
Perhaps, it's time to move ;)

I'd like to know this aswell. Been testing slicing flintlocks of brutality lvl26 for a couple of days now and it seems my lvl21 agile lifethief of potency outdps them. And by outdps i don't mean on statscreen (which is also true though) but simply my elite runs are faster with the same group if i use alp instead of sfb.

wowdah
03-04-2013, 08:49 PM
sts rocks... they made this game!

Energizeric
03-05-2013, 12:24 AM
Just thought I would point out that it doesn't really matter which item you get as a drop or for which class it is. If you get a rogue weapon instead of a mage weapon, then just sell it and buy the one you want. The consignment shop is there for a reason. I just don't get it. It sounds like you are saying that you must loot every single armor, helm, weapon, ring and amulet that you intend to use... which makes no sense. Rarely have I ever looted the items I intend to use. I just loot stuff, sell what i looted, and then buy what I want.

Chaokaban
03-05-2013, 01:56 AM
Just thought I would point out that it doesn't really matter which item you get as a drop or for which class it is. If you get a rogue weapon instead of a mage weapon, then just sell it and buy the one you want. The consignment shop is there for a reason. I just don't get it. It sounds like you are saying that you must loot every single armor, helm, weapon, ring and amulet that you intend to use... which makes no sense. Rarely have I ever looted the items I intend to use. I just loot stuff, sell what i looted, and then buy what I want.
Me too

Chaokaban
03-05-2013, 02:05 AM
Who knows how to make a new thread?

SuRfY
03-05-2013, 03:18 AM
Who knows how to make a new thread?

Here you go, fellow singaporean.

Genuinous
03-05-2013, 05:59 PM

This is all nice and correct but you are missing the point a bit (or just ignoring it).

Let's assume for sake of simplicity, that there are only 3 weapons in the game, one for each class. They are distributed as stated in this post. You are a mage and you want the mage weapon, but you decide it's easier to just farm the first elite map for flintlocks. The cheapest of these is 39k, but the best ones go up to 800k (current cs pricing). Or try farming flamberge for warriors, which is 8-25k. Also each of those there are about 15 cs entries. Clearly, chances are you wont loot the best rogue item (1 of the 12 items (3x2 for each class) is really expensive only) so you'll make 20-50k at the weapon you sold in average. The you look for your sorc weapon. There is only one kraken skewer in cs, 600k and it is a lvl 25 stability, clearly not even the best. And then you are disappointed...

I know it's a lengthy and oversimplified example, but by farming for the other items, you wont be any better. There are not enough ppl crazy enough to farm elite skull cove, because it is not worth the effort you put into it. Even if you finish in 20-30 minutes you waste a ton of pots and plat possibly, only to have even the slight chance for a drop. I don't think anyone is doing that. If you're a rogue or a warrior, your items are on easier maps so you don't go there, if you're a sorc you are too weak to go there, and anyway better off farming elite jarl or seas.

I am not saying I wanna loot every item. Far from it. Nor am I saying I should. All I'm saying, that this is a prime example, where one class is put at a huge disadvantage vs the other 2 by the location of its class relevant drops. And that's all I would like to see, that classes are treated as equals and kept balanced. Yes it is the new rogue content, but it does not mean that everything should be favoring rogues only. While others just get ignored and given impossible tasks...

Energizeric
03-05-2013, 06:09 PM
This is all nice and correct but you are missing the point a bit (or just ignoring it).

Let's assume for sake of simplicity, that there are only 3 weapons in the game, one for each class. They are distributed as stated in this post. You are a mage and you want the mage weapon, but you decide it's easier to just farm the first elite map for flintlocks. The cheapest of these is 39k, but the best ones go up to 800k (current cs pricing). Or try farming flamberge for warriors, which is 8-25k. Also each of those there are about 15 cs entries. Clearly, chances are you wont loot the best rogue item (1 of the 12 items (3x2 for each class) is really expensive only) so you'll make 20-50k at the weapon you sold in average. The you look for your sorc weapon. There is only one kraken skewer in cs, 600k and it is a lvl 25 stability, clearly not even the best. And then you are disappointed...

I know it's a lengthy and oversimplified example, but by farming for the other items, you wont be any better. There are not enough ppl crazy enough to farm elite skull cove, because it is not worth the effort you put into it. Even if you finish in 20-30 minutes you waste a ton of pots and plat possibly, only to have even the slight chance for a drop. I don't think anyone is doing that. If you're a rogue or a warrior, your items are on easier maps so you don't go there, if you're a sorc you are too weak to go there, and anyway better off farming elite jarl or seas.

I am not saying I wanna loot every item. Far from it. Nor am I saying I should. All I'm saying, that this is a prime example, where one class is put at a huge disadvantage vs the other 2 by the location of its class relevant drops. And that's all I would like to see, that classes are treated as equals and kept balanced. Yes it is the new rogue content, but it does not mean that everything should be favoring rogues only. While others just get ignored and given impossible tasks...

Fair enough. People farm based on the potential for reward. If the reward is great enough, folks will farm skull cove. They did it in the first campaign farming elite rooks nest for malison and kettle eggs when they were going for 1m each. Problem is right now you can just farm south seas and get chests which sell for a lot. But as prices on those drop, more folks may look elsewhere to farm.

I'm lucky in that I did elite skull cove once and dropped the kraken skewer of brutality. I then attempted to sell it and the most that was offered was 1.5m. So obviously there is not that much demand for that item when we have rogue weapons that drop from Jarl selling for 2m. It's the simply rules of supply and demand.

digitalbot
03-05-2013, 06:30 PM
skull cove wouldnt be so tough if warriors could hold aggro.. which sts will improve on, just one step at a time..

kiffnshey
03-06-2013, 04:42 AM

This not elite but this cruel game i need drink a thousand pot hp to completed all elite aka cruel game pls pls do something before too many quit this game become bored when u making too long

Jellowpy
03-07-2013, 05:33 AM
Petition:

Guys please can you do something about damage of rogue weapons?
Arcane having low damage why do we want to have rare weapon that is being outperformed by a lvl 25 Agile Lifethief of Potency?
Why are lvl 26 weapons being outperformed by its lvl 25 counterparts?

Can't you just bump Blackbeards Hook damage a bit? It was supposedly "The Best" weapon that we should have right? Some of us that are aiming for the best items in games those that are willing to pay Millions or buy plats just to get the best items wants to min-max their stats meaning even though it is a small uprgade on our stats we are willing to pay a high price..

Problem with this Arcane weapon is it only have 108dps compared to 111Dps for LvL25 Agile lifethief of potency and 118 dps for LvL 26 depraved weapons... It sucks that you cant get the highest dps number on you Avatar page.. Yes i know that it has -15% armor proc but picture a fellow rogue higher dps and is also benefiting on that effect.. I know it sounds a bit selfish but wont you feel a lot fullfilled if because you have worked hard to get this "very very rare" arcane weapon that you now currently have min-max your char meaning you have achieved max damage for your rogue char.. Or do you want to feel like "Yes" you are helping your entire party by giving ur enemy a -15% armor loss but now this lvl 26 rogue that got lucky on Elite Jarl drop is now out damaging you because he have a LEVEL 25 Weapon that burst out higher damage than your supposedly very rare weapon..

Its just sad for a gamer like me that wants to achieve max everything ingame even though a small difference in stats cost a couple of million gold... =( it does not feel right to be honest

Some gets satisfaction in PvP ingame
Some gets satisfaction in earning tons of gold ingame
And some of us just wants to get the best out of our character..

Different goals same reasons because we get satisfaction if we achieved our goals =(

****Dont get me wrong having the bleed effect and -15% armor proc is great since iam a team player and wants to perform the best for the party for every run, i always carry 1k+pots 1k mana i use all my skills as much as i can .. I even respec to a very DPS oriented build disregarding defensive skills just to output the best DPS that i can to shorten farming time.. It's just that i feel a bit cheated that i worked hard for this item but it is being outperformed by a lvl 25 legendary weapon =(

Genuinous
03-07-2013, 06:23 AM
Balance coming out roughly next week.
Petitions are against t.o.s.
Check forums first :)

yoho
03-07-2013, 06:38 AM
Petition:

Guys please can you do something about damage of rogue weapons?
Arcane having low damage why do we want to have rare weapon that is being outperformed by a lvl 25 Agile Lifethief of Potency?
Why are lvl 26 weapons being outperformed by its lvl 25 counterparts?
blah-blah-blah

I disagree.
Lifethiefs vs others issue will be fixed soon.
About arcane having better dps/dmg - perhaps, but then it shouldn't have better proc, or it will ruin balance for others (the weapon that is possessed only by lucky ones shouldn't be OP). It's exclusive and will be best after fixing lifethiefs, and having one teammate with such weapon benefits the whole team - good enough as I see it.

Jellowpy
03-07-2013, 07:33 AM
Proc is in a bit of balance to be honest we are not breezing trough elite sea run just barely cutting a few secs in our time and i really like the fact that the proc benefits the whole team. What 's bothering me is its damage output being outdamaged by a measly lvl 25 weapon wont you be a bit saddened that this weapon that supposedly "is the best" rouge weapon is sub par compared to a lower lvl lower rarity weapon..

Edit: Having bleed affecting entire mobs is a bit of a double edge sword since i get most agro most of the time good thing that i dont cringe on using multiple pots in one run.. When it lags thats where problem starts agro+lag and bein a dps does not go well

Taxxor
03-07-2013, 08:34 AM
Hi devs,

I believe that the so called "elite" weapons dropped by bosses are currently not very elite. I have no complains of the armours , both head and chest, that are dropped as one of the variations are certainly the best in the game.

For Warriors, the flamberge of warfare, which is considered by many the best of its variations, pales in DMG or dps when compared to other "elite" weapons like mighty vorpal assault, pit sword of potency, captain axe of assault and captain axe of potency. I guess given it is ""elite" boss drop, why would it be so bad when compared to other elites?

This of course gets worse for mages. I was thinking , man if anyone could finish skull cove and loot the mage weapon, it has to be really good considering the effort to obtain them.

I guess im coming from the point that it seems like these "elite" weapons are just made up and put into the game without much thought of how it will work in game or how players will perceive them.

I guess it is kind of dissapointing when a lvl 25 ALP owns the lvl 26 elite slicing flintlocks and depravous blades.

Hopefully there will be revisions to make at least these "elite' boss drops comparable to other elites or better.

thanks for listening

Jellowpy
03-07-2013, 08:47 AM
I second that....

@Devs
Please make sure that item effectivenes and usability is in accordance to its rarity, level or difficulty of acquiring an item ..

yoho
03-07-2013, 10:30 AM
I second that....

@Devs
Please make sure that item effectivenes and usability is in accordance to its rarity, level or difficulty of acquiring an item ..

Yep, but.. It should be slighly better, not that you can't compete in pvp or can't beat guys with arcane weapons in time runs. Here I see you want your weapon to be must have for that purposes (pvp/time runs)

Energizeric
03-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Yep, but.. It should be slighly better, not that you can't compete in pvp or can't beat guys with arcane weapons in time runs. Here I see you want your weapon to be must have for that purposes (pvp/time runs)

Slightly better is all that is necessary. In PL folks used to pay $25m for a dragon vanity set which gave a very small stat bonus. All you have to do is give a small stat advantage and those items suddenly become much more interesting. But not to the point where they become necessary to compete.

Zuzeq
03-07-2013, 12:40 PM
I Dont Think Is A 100% Balance Issue. I think The Chosen Build Has A Bit To Do WIth How A Weapon Effects Your Stats. Example: With My PVP Build (Pure DEX/DMG) My Lvl 25 ALP Produces The Best Stats And My Lvl 26 DBP Were All But Trash. Rolling With A PVE (DPS/Health-STR Base) Now (And Forver Til They Fix PVP) The ALP Are Pure "RED" On The Stats And DBP Are Boss. I Do Agree With New Weapons Being Below Par. I Came Mighty Close To Buying The Arcane Hooks, but It Brought All My Down Except Crit And For 19M...Yes 19M! Id Better See All Green.

Government of Anarchy
GM

Samhayne
03-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Just a head's up that a stat bug was found with the elite weapon scalars. Expect the DPS numbers to move up a bit in the next patch. For you market merchers - pick up Flamberge, Flintlocks and Tridents now!

Limsi
03-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Just a head's up that a stat bug was found with the elite weapon scalars. Expect the DPS numbers to move up a bit in the next patch. For you market merchers - pick up Flamberge, Flintlocks and Tridents now!

zomg yesss

Energizeric
03-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the tip Sam. I'm so glad I held onto my Kraken Skewer of Brutality!

For you market merchers - pick up Flamberge, Flintlocks and Tridents now!

Done! :)

yoho
03-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the tip Sam. I'm so glad I held onto my Kraken Skewer of Brutality!

Done! :)

Imagine this: elite becomes easy as pie, it take 5 minutes to complete elite skull cove, hundred of Kraken Skewers in AH, prices going down to 100k..
OK, don't :P may be with decreasing difficulty comes lesser drop chance?

digitalbot
03-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Imagine this: elite becomes easy as pie, it take 5 minutes to complete elite skull cove, hundred of Kraken Skewers in AH, prices going down to 100k..

fix the weapons bugs.. have warriors hold aggro, keep difficulty, all would be awesome................................

Vystirch
03-07-2013, 02:05 PM

The drop chance is already very very low! I rly do believe it should stay just about the same as it currently is......

-Vys

Carapace
03-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Blackbeards Hooks are also going to be getting a buff, quite a nice one!

Mysticaleagle
03-07-2013, 03:11 PM

What? Since they will be OP with ALP's nerf, now their getting even better? Seriously...

digitalbot
03-07-2013, 03:17 PM
What? Since they will be OP with ALP's nerf, now their getting even better? Seriously...

depraved potency should be fixed, i believe they were bugged not putting out the damage that was written for them

maybe you knew this i rly dont know ..'cause i really dnt know if they are.'from what i hear tho, they are weaker than what was planned

Carapace
03-07-2013, 03:31 PM
It's important to note that there are a lot of factors as part of re balancing of Elites, Elite dropped items and the like. We understand and hear player frustrations, but there are many moving parts and we have to be careful not to tip the scale too far in one direction. It's very easy to hone in on a particular change that you are in agreement or disagreement on to attack or praise, however there is a bigger picture and our job as developers is to be aware of that in order to keep the game stable and enjoyable.

There's some give and there's some take, some pros and some cons, but we do it all with the best interest of the game in mind. :) Thanks for your patience guys!

digitalbot
03-07-2013, 03:42 PM
It's important to note that there are a lot of factors as part of re balancing of Elites, Elite dropped items and the like. We understand and hear player frustrations, but there are many moving parts and we have to be careful not to tip the scale too far in one direction. It's very easy to hone in on a particular change that you are in agreement or disagreement on to attack or praise, however there is a bigger picture and our job as developers is to be aware of that in order to keep the game stable and enjoyable.

There's some give and there's some take, some pros and some cons, but we do it all with the best interest of the game in mind. :) Thanks for your patience guys!

i believe it 😄

Zuzeq
03-07-2013, 04:16 PM

So, If you have to Hools equiped already will they still benefit from the buff?

Government of Anarchy
GM

Energizeric
03-07-2013, 04:42 PM

Considering it is one of the elite drops discussed in the original post of this thread, shouldn't the Slicing Flinklocks be the best non-arcane rogue weapon?? Wasn't that the point of much of this discussion?

When the update happens, then you can buy one from me (since I bought out the store this morning hehe). :)

Mysticaleagle
03-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Anyways, are the Mythic helmets also receiving a buff?

Carapace
03-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Anyways, are the Mythic helmets also receiving a buff?

Currently no

Taxxor
03-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Hi Devs,

Firstly thanks for taking in our feedbacks. I believe that currently players are talking about how difficult the elite map is. to a point where it is no longer fun, ie " I am capped with decent eq and yet still need to spam 100 pots per run in elite". Perhaps you need to relook at elite mob difficulty. Their armour and hp is pretty high. However bosses should be tougher. Usually when we get to the boss and killed all the minions, the boss die as easy as 1,2,3. So I guess bosses should be like a at least a 50 to 1 equivalent of a mob but not to the point of 1-shotting every character in game except warrior. I dont mind spamming pots at bosses but at those minions? It just hurts the pride when my warrior dies tanking say 5-6 elite mobs when going on a beach run.

However as this thread is about loot distribution. I hope the devs take into consideration as in not to ruin the market as well with a "deluge of pink drops" decision. If for say map difficulty is reduced, I believe chances of good loot dropping should be reduced too. I mean I wont mind running and completing an "easier" elite map knowing at least I have the chance of a loot and not wasting too much pot. Compared to spending 10 minutes + 100 pots and knowing that my random party mates can just leave midway, i think I'll take my chances with lower drops and "easier" runs. Thanks once again!

Energizeric
03-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Hi Devs,

Firstly thanks for taking in our feedbacks. I believe that currently players are talking about how difficult the elite map is. to a point where it is no longer fun, ie " I am capped with decent eq and yet still need to spam 100 pots per run in elite". Perhaps you need to relook at elite mob difficulty. Their armour and hp is pretty high. However bosses should be tougher. Usually when we get to the boss and killed all the minions, the boss die as easy as 1,2,3. So I guess bosses should be like a at least a 50 to 1 equivalent of a mob but not to the point of 1-shotting every character in game except warrior. I dont mind spamming pots at bosses but at those minions? It just hurts the pride when my warrior dies tanking say 5-6 elite mobs when going on a beach run.

However as this thread is about loot distribution. I hope the devs take into consideration as in not to ruin the market as well with a "deluge of pink drops" decision. If for say map difficulty is reduced, I believe chances of good loot dropping should be reduced too. I mean I wont mind running and completing an "easier" elite map knowing at least I have the chance of a loot and not wasting too much pot. Compared to spending 10 minutes + 100 pots and knowing that my random party mates can just leave midway, i think I'll take my chances with lower drops and "easier" runs. Thanks once again!

Agreed!! All good points!

Energizeric
03-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Currently no

While I don't think the mythic helms needs to be buffed, I do think an adjustment should be made to the sorcerer helm.

Everyone who is a sorcerer knows that the preferred secondary stat to have is STR and not DEX. That is why the "of security" versions of the armors and helms have been more popular (and way more expensive) than the "of grace" versions. Yet the mythic sorcerer helm has DEX as the secondary stat, when it really should be STR. This oversight has actually cause me to wonder if the mythic helm is actually better than a sealord/bloodhammer "of security" helm for most purposes. This is why the sorcerer mythic helm is by far the least expensive of the three.

I think you should change it to be STR instead of DEX. I cannot imagine any sorcerers complaining about this proposed change.

Jellowpy
03-08-2013, 03:09 AM

Omg omg omg thank you for this ive had this weapon for 2 weeks now ( or less) and it sadden me a bit that even though its the rarest weapon it is being outperformed by lower rarity and lower level weapons ..

Iam not asking it to be uber powerful i also dont want that i just want it to hold its prestige as being the rarest( for now) weapon that rogues can have ... Lookin forward to this and it's a very very welcome news for me..

Just to add more insight and not just be biased towards one topic..

Yes i do think that mythic helm are in their proper place at the moment but i also agree that mages helm as being the weakest of the 3 .. I have held all three helms but i only have warrior and roue as my main chars ( lvl21 mage) and have seen how useful the other 2 helm is compared to the mages helm..

lovestriker
03-08-2013, 03:18 AM
Omg omg omg thank you for this ive had this weapon for 2 weeks now ( or less) and it sadden me a bit that even though its the rarest weapon it is being outperformed by lower rarity and lower level weapons ...

You mean to say ALP lvl 21 still outperforms it? :O

Jellowpy
03-08-2013, 03:25 AM

TBH i dont pvp with my rogue hehe i really dont find PvP appealing but when i do i use my warrior because i dont have the best ping playing this game atleast with a warrior i have room for error.. I just want arcanes weapon "rarity" to be justified and not feel like i have been cheated out of the satisfaction of having the rarest weapon.. As ive said just make its usability and effectivenes scale according to its rarity and difficulty of acquiring it .. I wont be happy also if it'll be too OP i dont want great games being ruined by a single item.

You mean to say ALP lvl 21 still outperforms it? :O

Not sure with ALP 21 iam guessing not but with the case of ALP 25 damage number output? if not Yes my answer would be almost and with TOTAL damage output wise with -15% armor on target and bleed not so sure but because ALP 25 is bugged it can produce big bursty damage.. Imagine how can a measly bleed effect can compete with that?

Added the fact that
Arcane have only 108dps
ALP LvL25 111 dps
Depraved LvL 26 118 dps

( all numbers are based according to memory correct me if iam wrong)

Good thing that our suggestions,complaints and ideas are not being overlooked by spacetimestudios team..

lovestriker
03-08-2013, 03:58 AM
Not sure with ALP 21 iam guessing not but with the case of ALP 25 damage number output? if not Yes my answer would be almost and with TOTAL damage output wise with -15% armor on target and bleed not so sure but because ALP 25 is bugged it can produce big bursty damage.. Imagine how can a measly bleed effect can compete with that?

Added the fact that
Arcane have only 108dps
ALP LvL25 111 dps
Depraved LvL 26 118 dps

( all numbers are based according to memory correct me if iam wrong)

Good thing that our suggestions,complaints and ideas are not being overlooked by spacetimestudios team..

Ok thanks.

Depraved is 117.1 dps. or 117.something. :D

True that!

Anyway goodluck to me on getting those Hooks. I hope they get a color change. :D Thanks!

Jellowpy
03-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Ok thanks.

Depraved is 117.1 dps. or 117.something. :D

True that!

Anyway goodluck to me on getting those Hooks. I hope they get a color change. :D Thanks!

Goodluck mate they are awesome team weapon just needs more dps on them ü Cant wait for their new upgrade i just hope new upgrade is as epic as it can be =)

CosmoxKramer
03-08-2013, 10:21 AM
Here is my thought on loot drop improvement

improve drop rate of pinks by a decent amount.
allow all Suffix combinations for the newest level of elite maps. For example, the Sealord Wrappings (sorcerer) could have 3 different main stats (30-31) Int/Dex/Str. Then if Int is the main stat then there could be 10 different suffixes for that Int Armor (force, fatality, stability, grace, security, fitness, warfare, brutality, assault, riposte). So altogether there can be 30 different Sealord Wrappings.

Doing this, would allow for

more satisfaction from doing a run because you have a better chance at getting a pink
there will Very expensive pinks that are that class's main stat + damage, crit, warfare, armor suffixes.
there will be medium priced pinks that are that classes main stat + dodge, riposte, or maybe Str as main stat + Int secondary + damage, crit, armor, etc.
there will be cheap priced pinks (like there are now), that are the garbage ones of Main stat is DEX, with crappy sendondary stats.

Basically, there would be an increased drop for a Pink, then there would be a hidden random generator that pink a number 1-30, to determine which combination of item it will be.

gundamsone
03-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Instead of a potential nerf on the Lifetheifs how about introducing a new elite weapon that has identical or similar stats to the lifetheifs similar to flamestrikes and charwards

kristof707
03-09-2013, 03:48 PM
ok first of every one in this tread... well most ppl...... are slow or really dumb elite is supposed to be hard go play final fantasy 11 and fight a boss fight that could take hrs to fight and once u die its a gaint wast of time. people could should quit complaining about how hard it is to run elite f.y.i. i dont play FF games antmore but i have seen friends do it and waste hrs... how about waiting 12 hr just for a boss to appear now thats dedication and i dont hear these players complaining it takes team work and skill not top of the line GEAR.... someone tell me im wrong.

eˇlite [ih-leet, ey-leet] Show IPA
noun
( often used with a plural verb ) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.
( used with a plural verb ) persons of the highest class: Only the elite were there.
a group of persons exercising the major share of authority or influence within a larger group: the power elite of a major political party.
a type, approximately 10-point in printing-type size, widely used in typewriters and having 12 characters to the inch. Compare pica1 .
adjective
representing the most choice or select; best: an elite group

Jellowpy
03-09-2013, 09:00 PM
@kristof

Arcane Legends = best MOBILE massive online coop game

Yep it's mobile buddy supposedly its a game that everyone can pick up and put down anytime because most of us have real life responsibility .. Thats why spacetimestudios is lookin for a balance of right difficulty and right strategy.. Everyone is not complaining about how "HARD" elite is they are complaining how "HARD" mobs are , everyone wants strategic boss fight not mindless DPS button mashing on mobs.. Everyone wants hard BOSS fight not hard mob fight..

Energizeric
03-09-2013, 11:33 PM
@kristof

Arcane Legends = best MOBILE massive online coop game

Yep it's mobile buddy supposedly its a game that everyone can pick up and put down anytime because most of us have real life responsibility .. Thats why spacetimestudios is lookin for a balance of right difficulty and right strategy.. Everyone is not complaining about how "HARD" elite is they are complaining how "HARD" mobs are , everyone wants strategic boss fight not mindless DPS button mashing on mobs.. Everyone wants hard BOSS fight not hard mob fight..

Agreed. Hard does not equal Time consuming. I'd prefer if the mobs were easier and the boss hits harder. Don't give the boss more health as that just prolongs the battle but doesn't make it any harder actually. What makes it harder is having a boss that can hit hard and kill you. Then it's actually hard, but not that time consuming if you can manage to win.

I actually like the latest update, I think it does a good job at accomplishing this.

Alhuntrazeck
03-12-2013, 08:00 AM
Waiting for Arcane Mage items...

Genuinous
03-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Waiting for Arcane Mage items...

Gonna wait for a couple months then... New arcane item (would bet on it being warrior item) will only come with the next expansion, which is rougly 2 months in time. Mage item will only come on the expansion after that. Or the other way around with the classes, but as there are far more warriors than mages, it'd be more sensible for STS to release warrior item first... :)

Greencrow
03-12-2013, 11:07 AM
So, all of these items can be found in elite golden pirate chests and locked crate and not droppable ?

Zanpakuto
03-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Gonna wait for a couple months then... New arcane item (would bet on it being warrior item) will only come with the next expansion, which is rougly 2 months in time. Mage item will only come on the expansion after that. Or the other way around with the classes, but as there are far more warriors than mages, it'd be more sensible for STS to release warrior item first... :)

I hope so! I'm saving all my locked chests so I can open it and actually get something that I want for my warrior!

Energizeric
03-16-2013, 11:00 PM
Still no bloodhammer armors dropping. Today there was 64 bloodhammer helms for sale and only 3 armors. Kind of sucks since they look way nicer than the sealord stuff which is starting to look old (same look as demonlord from last campaign). Now the bloodhammer helms are way down in price since nobody can get a matching armor to go with them. Maybe do something to make them start falling a little more? Increase drop rate so more folks farm grog beach?

Energizeric
03-17-2013, 10:55 PM
And tonight there are 88 bloodhammer helms for sale and only 4 armors. This is quite rediculous. Please change the drop rate or nerf elite grog beach just enough so folks will start farming there a little. This bloodhammer gear looks so nice yet nobody will have the chance to ever wear it. :/

wowdah
03-17-2013, 11:24 PM
elite Grog beach is hard.... even when you beat most likely bad drops.. :'(

Energizeric
03-18-2013, 12:11 AM
elite Grog beach is hard.... even when you beat most likely bad drops.. :'(

Yes, my point exactly. I don't mind if the helms were also scarce, but instead everyone gets the helm drops in south seas and they are suppose to be elite, yet the best sorcerer helm is now down to around 35k because nobody can get a matching armor, so nobody wants it. If there were some matching armors available then the helms would actually be worth way more.

So either nerf the helm drop rate in south seas, or else increase the drop rate of the armors. Either way they should be somewhat similar.

Darko
03-21-2013, 02:37 PM
I likw the new pet atats would help out warrior mana a lot, but a rouge with this will be ridiculously unstoppable...no need to worry about mana lol

afrobug
03-22-2013, 07:54 AM
I hope sts is taking all of complaints found on this thread seriously because all of them are true to the point that it already takes the fun out from playing this game. Now mind you I don't waste money in buying plats just to open crates to try and get arcane or mythic stuff and end up unsatisfied and very disappointed, but I definitely understand how that would feel. I just choose to enjoy the game with just the average gear and pet. On the other hand, I wish there would be an arcane bow sometime after mages and wars get their share of the spoil. I still love this game though, the only game I spend most of my free hours.