PDA

View Full Version : Elite Maps, Why so hard now?

Zyphruss
03-02-2013, 01:42 PM
It's so hard to farm in Elite now and sts changed the boss spam in Elite Mariner Reef. I enjoyed farming there. Now, it's no fun! I don't play much recently coz im really frustrated about the update. I'm a DPS rogue but I can't kill easily like before in Elite maps! and this season has a big difference in Elite compared to the previous season. It's really frustrating. I use many potions and get nothing. I feel like I'm wasting time and efforts to farm. There's no reason of playing anymore. Sigh!

I suggest they would return Elite Mariner Reef boss spawn without killing the sooo hard mobs and make the mobs a bit easier to kill like season 2 elite mobs. Please! Thank you STS!

KingFu
03-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Good. Sounds like STS finally somewhat grasped the concept of "elite". It isn't supposed to be easy. Unless you're godly at the game it should piss you off. It's elite, not everyone should be able to farm there.

I'm a DPS rogue but I can't kill easily like before in Elite maps!

This quote here tells me you aren't "elite", quite frankly. If you want the mobs to be killed "easily". So you should struggle tremendously with it, while others will manage if they are a player with high enough skill quality.

Zyphruss
03-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Well, We'll see how much players you will lose. lol

And btw, Why was the elite during season 1 and 2 like that? So you're saying STS made a fault before because it's not that hard? I see. :)

Zeus
03-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Well, We'll see how much players you will lose. lol

And btw, Why was the elite during season 1 and 2 like that? So you're saying STS made a fault before because it's not that hard? I see. :)

The loss of players betters the community then. It means the ones that remains were experienced and intellectual enough to know how to conquer the elite maps.

Seriously, quit the whining. In PL, before everything was elixir this and elixir that, people would wipe out at elite L50 shadow caves as L61s and L66s in full vanity gear.

Zyphruss
03-02-2013, 03:34 PM
The loss of players betters the community then. It means the ones that remains were experienced and intellectual enough to know how to conquer the elite maps.

Seriously, quit the whining. In PL, before everything was elixir this and elixir that, people would wipe out at elite L50 shadow caves as L61s and L66s in full vanity gear.

I'm just saying what everyone's feeling about. All of my friends don't like it. lol! They just don't post here.

KingFu
03-02-2013, 03:39 PM
I'm just saying what everyone's feeling about. All of my friends don't like it. lol! They just don't post here.

Because people generally link together with others that are about equal to their own playing level. "Elite" top tier players are going to generally surround themselves with other top tier players. If the level you're at isn't quite up to par enough to allow you to play the elite dungeons, most of your friends will be in the same boat and share the same feelings.

I don't mean any offense by this. It's quite alright to not be able to beat elite dungeons, as elite is a term that should only refer to a small group of people. They're elite for a reason, and that's why there are other places to farm/play aside from there.

Zyphruss
03-02-2013, 03:51 PM
I bet if you would ask the top players of Arcane Legends, they would agree to my suggestions. :) And my friends are not noobs btw, they got the best stuffs and highly skilled as well.

Zyphruss
03-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Because people generally link together with others that are about equal to their own playing level. "Elite" top tier players are going to generally surround themselves with other top tier players. If the level you're at isn't quite up to par enough to allow you to play the elite dungeons, most of your friends will be in the same boat and share the same feelings.

I don't mean any offense by this. It's quite alright to not be able to beat elite dungeons, as elite is a term that should only refer to a small group of people. They're elite for a reason, and that's why there are other places to farm/play aside from there.

I bet if you would ask the top players of Arcane Legends, they would agree to my suggestions. And my friends are not noobs btw, they got the best stuffs and highly skilled as well.

KingFu
03-02-2013, 03:58 PM
I bet if you would ask the top players of Arcane Legends, they would agree to my suggestions. And my friends are not noobs btw, they got the best stuffs and highly skilled as well.

I never stated they were noobs, I was simply saying that if you're struggling, your friends probably are too because they're around the same level you're at. I'm sure there are a fair amount of people that can handle the elite map. Consider it a challenge. No one is forcing you to farm there, so no point in lowering the status of elite to try and appease those who want an easier ride.

Rare
03-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Good. Sounds like STS finally somewhat grasped the concept of "elite". It isn't supposed to be easy. Unless you're godly at the game it should piss you off. It's elite, not everyone should be able to farm there.

This quote here tells me you aren't "elite", quite frankly. If you want the mobs to be killed "easily". So you should struggle tremendously with it, while others will manage if they are a player with high enough skill quality.

Well I agree somewhat. Should be hard for sure. But it's a little ridiculous this season.

I get about two hours a day to play. That's what... 4 runs MAYBE. And doesn't include quitting after 10 minutes because teammates aren't cutting it. The party system makes it that much more difficult.

It's very hard to find four good team members that aren't already on parties or have that much time on their hands.

I could log in, do a run in 15 and it would be fine. If it's going to push 30 minutes, I won't do it.

Zyphruss
03-02-2013, 04:08 PM
I never stated they were noobs, I was simply saying that if you're struggling, your friends probably are too because they're around the same level you're at. I'm sure there are a fair amount of people that can handle the elite map. Consider it a challenge. No one is forcing you to farm there, so no point in lowering the status of elite to try and appease those who want an easier ride.

Yes, you didn't. What I was saying is, me and my friends can handle Elite, We've got the best item. But it's tooooo hard now. And it's really impossible not to die in Elite Kraken islands now, even if I use sooo many potions. If you're really playing the game, you'll know.

Caiahar
03-02-2013, 08:25 PM

Since when did you and mystical start playing AL? On Topic: yeah, the rouges kill easily. I. Elite map, 1 really good tanker, 2 rogues, and a good sorcerer. Or 2 sorcerers and one rogue. Dude, rogues are the key to fast elite runs. Their high crit, and dps, makes enemies easy too kill.

Vystirch
03-02-2013, 08:35 PM
The elites arnt that hard...... But I hang out with the top tier of players as others above have stated there are.

Alhuntrazeck
03-03-2013, 12:28 AM
lol like everyone else said, elites are supposed to be hard. Makes sense; players are now 5 lvls higher and like 30 stat points higher too, so it has to be harder, right?

Valsacar
03-03-2013, 05:19 AM
Best gear doesn't make you the best player. My first few runs in elites I kept getting killed, I was playing the same way I did in the old elites. Then I started trying out different ideas, and found what I need to do to stay alive and still kill. I can now stay alive, can even solo 1-2 elite mobs (as a sorc) without much fear of death... 3 maybe, after that it gets a bit difficult. I've been able to keep fighting the boss while the rest of my team respawns and runs back, but it's not easy. Still haven't figured out how to kill that stupid ghost boss, the little perma stun things hurt.

Zyphruss
03-05-2013, 07:46 AM
I don't care what the "Hard Core" players think, they are not the majority, its supposed to be a casual game like all mobile games and the Elite levels are just not casual. Its not just about the quality elite players, its about having millions play their game so they can make money and I am sure STS will listen to our Elite problems. And yes you need to play elite levels to get money, grinding takes too long for a casual game that people play on their brake, on the can etc.

This is what I'm saying! Some people don't understand. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?88720-Elite-Frustration

just comment
03-05-2013, 10:49 AM

no intention to offense, but you look at yourself too high ..
how about if this game is filled with only hardcore people on leaderboard ??
i'm sure soon you'll quit from this game ..
every mmorpg need community no matter they are hardcore or casual player ..
people who you (self proclaimed pro player) called "noob" will make life for the game ..
if there are no people, the game will dead by itself ..

Samhayne
03-05-2013, 11:05 AM
I posted this in another thread, but it bears repeating here:

There are continued refinements coming [to Elite Maps], along with additional PvP balance changes (and some new content too). Stay tuned for more info and thanks for your input and support of Arcane Legends!

wvhills
03-05-2013, 03:17 PM
I posted this in another thread, but it bears repeating here:

We, at least I, appreciate that Alex. But some changes should never have been made in the first place and when they are it makes players wonder what is going on...

firechandra
03-06-2013, 03:04 AM
My opinion is that some maps like elite skull cove are too long and as someone said before a lot of times teammates don't stay and leave the map after 30 minutes maybe, so you have lost time and don't have dropped nothing nor gained achievements. On the other hand I partially agree that elite maps shouldn't be easy or they won't be anymore "elite". The problem is that new players that don't have money to buy decent equipments can't do some elite maps and usually anyone wants them in the party if they are too weak. My advice is to lower elite mobs armor and/or life but put more mobs in elite maps and lower a bit the damage of some bosses, this way rogues and mages won't die a lot of times in one shot like now and they won't be forced to do another time the path that is only a loss of time. Another solution to this problem could be to put check points only in elite maps. I hope my advice can be helpful say to me what do you think:)

Excuses
03-06-2013, 04:12 AM
What I feel is...... sts is trying to make more money out of people?

Elite is insanely hard, now locked watch is over 10k in auction. Which means people use a lot more platinums than before.
And because of higher lvl cap everyone need to change their gears, so need more gold, then what, plats again. (My wife feels there will be more maps and lvls, so wouldn't let me use money tho. Lol)

More maps and updates are appreciated. But I feel like they update what they can make money out of it mostly. (Like they change vanity, and put more pets and items in watch chests, but no one cares about windmill glitch or tanking problem)

I do agree that elite has to be special, but 30 mins to do one elite run is too much for most of regular people. Most of my guild members are not playing as before, for me too, don't enjoy playing like before. No friends to go elite, elite takes too long time, and gets nothing from there, so go pvp and see glitch..... A game should entertain people, right?
Again I do appreciate to sts and I know they do their best to make the best app, however, I have to agree this update brought some problems too.

yuriramos
03-06-2013, 08:21 AM
What i hate about this update is that they buffed elites in the old maps which basically defeats the purpose of leveling up. After spending millions and train hard, you go back to the old maps just to feel a lot weaker. I remember beating jarl in 45 sec with 282 dps. Now that i have 350dps, jarl takes 2to3 minutes. They should have left the old maps as it is and made difficulty adjustments on the new maps alone.

ProphetGooze
03-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Interesting thread.
I bet the guys who are for it have all the time in the world plus are super rich and do not need to farm like the others.
Its up to STS what they want to do, but being a member of 3 guilds with my alts I have noticed one thing since the expansion:
people are leaving in droves and all are saying the same thing: STS have done this only to make money.
Well I think in the end STS will eventually make elites easier if only to keep their rapidly dwindling customers.

I finally did skull cove elite for a crappy monkey called Kongo and it took us 50mins.
Forget farming, this was for an achievement.
Nor was it satisfying or enjoyable using 200 pots on just the boss to kill him.
Ultimately the enjoyment is slowly going away and if STS do not change this then its just another paying customer thats gone.

Valsacar
03-06-2013, 07:33 PM
I wonder how some of you guys would have handled games in atari and nintendo (the original). Way too used to having stuff handed to you easily, the maps are called ELITE not "cake-walk to great eq". They aren't that hard, a couple are a little time consuming (cove), just learn to play better.

ProphetGooze
03-07-2013, 02:45 AM
I wonder how some of you guys would have handled games in atari and nintendo (the original). Way too used to having stuff handed to you easily, the maps are called ELITE not "cake-walk to great eq". They aren't that hard, a couple are a little time consuming (cove), just learn to play better.

Some of us have work and families to cater for.
Remember this is a game on a smartphone.
Its not just for console users who tend to be mainly kids who have all the time in the world to play.
Daddy likes to play when he gets time you know. ;)

Kjalisi
03-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Most of my guild members are not playing as before, for me too, don't enjoy playing like before. No friends to go elite, elite takes too long time, and gets nothing from there, so go pvp and see glitch..... A game should entertain people, right?

I have to agree... I'm just waiting to see what the new updates bring but it is definitely true that people don't enjoy playing as before, and thats really obvious when you're in a guild. Previously people were constantly wanting to play elites, make parties for them, mix and match a few different elite maps, etc. These days people just complain about the elites: an extreme minority are willing to play them and often I see people taking ages to make parties, repeatedly asking "party for elite kraken?" in guild and no1 will party. I myself have been in this position - maybe one person replies, and then I sit in a party with that person for an hour trying to find others and in the end we never manage to play.

But it has been posted already that more changes are being made so, I have high hopes :)

GoodSyntax
03-07-2013, 08:31 AM
You said it ProphetGooze!

I get maybe an hour to an hour and a half to myself every day, usually at night when the family has gone to sleep. I don't want to waste my entire free time to try to run one elite map, only to find the team disbands at the boss because they keep dying.

One of the things I liked most about PL was the Boss Gauntlets. Sure, the drop rates may have been nerfed, or the most elite items weren't available in the gauntlet, but it was fun to farm there anyway. I would love to see a normal and elite Boss Gauntlet in AL.

This is essentially the reason why Elite Brackenridge and Elite Tower are the most popular. Kill a few mobs then go to boss and hope for a good drop. 2 minutes for Jarl, 5 minutes for Mardon...easy peasy. I certainly don't want a 60 minute marathon for a junk drop. I at least can understand getting a green from Jarl, but junk from Elite Kraken Isle bosses, especially after all the pots and an hour long run? No thanks.

Uzii
03-07-2013, 08:36 AM
You said it ProphetGooze!

I get maybe an hour to an hour and a half to myself every day, usually at night when the family has gone to sleep. I don't want to waste my entire free time to try to run one elite map, only to find the team disbands at the boss because they keep dying.

One of the things I liked most about PL was the Boss Gauntlets. Sure, the drop rates may have been nerfed, or the most elite items weren't available in the gauntlet, but it was fun to farm there anyway. I would love to see a normal and elite Boss Gauntlet in AL.

This is essentially the reason why Elite Brackenridge and Elite Tower are the most popular. Kill a few mobs then go to boss and hope for a good drop. 2 minutes for Jarl, 5 minutes for Mardon...easy peasy. I certainly don't want a 60 minute marathon for a junk drop. I at least can understand getting a green from Jarl, but junk from Elite Kraken Isle bosses, especially after all the pots and an hour long run? No thanks.

Very well said :biggrin: