PDA

View Full Version : One last splurge for me.

Takezaki
03-03-2013, 01:42 AM
I've bought and spent exactly 9937 platinium in AL since the game has come to life. I had gathered 7 million gold in my stash as well as nice equipment for my main toons and my twinks until the Kraken expansion came. Then I got really frustrated with the state of things. New expansion with basically re-colored demonlord armors, no new weapons apart from crappy useless pinks that are worth 20k each and the crate items. Rarest items being exceedingly hard to loot. I didn't like the fact that it was so hard and time consuming to farm since it was hard enough to farm the bosses then you needed to get lucky twice to loot a chest and then lucky enough again to loot a good pink. I also felt a bit disgusted when they changed the allies treasures system by not allowing player to keep their elixirs in bank and having them run down the timer even when standing in town. I felt like this added nothing to the game at all, it was a purely business based decision. People are not buying enough elixirs because they have the free ones so we will change the way they work.

So basically I got a bit desperate and decided to take a gamble and open chests/crates with my plat and gold. Received a few items worth a million and re-sold to buy more, hoping to hit it big and get a mythic or arcane item. Nada. I am broke. Farming is really getting ridiculous, and I have no fun anymore.

So I decided to try one last time, I will buy a 90$ platinium pack and this will probably be the last dollar I put into Arcane Legends unless something happens here. I know it's my fault for being broke, I decided to take a gamble, but the game is getting less and less exciting for me, a bit like Dark Legends, wich I quit a bit after the 26 Expansion. Buying this last platinium pack I will hit the 10k Platinium Purchased Mark. Wich is nearing 500-600$, and I have basically nothing to show for it. My fault maybe? Probably.

Still it's the last dollar of my real money I will invest into this game.

Wish me luck!

Lalarie
03-03-2013, 01:44 AM
Gl ;)

LwMark
03-03-2013, 01:53 AM
500$ worth of memories!!!! ! U had fun right :)

Jk :/

I never do gamble packs, not even pl, ive gathered over 1k plat in AL for free and have 55k and alot of items an im happy

Good luck with that pack

LvlCap
03-03-2013, 01:59 AM
Good luck mate

Cero
03-03-2013, 02:23 AM
best of luck.

Destructible
03-03-2013, 03:50 AM
All the best bro :)

gundamsone
03-03-2013, 03:53 AM
This my friend accurately represents the reality of gambling.
Hope this has taught you a life lesson:P

SouLBlizzard
03-03-2013, 03:58 AM
Yeah I heard many peoples broke because trying their luck to get mythic and arcane items...You are not the only one
Btw good luck

Elf-Orc-Naga
03-03-2013, 04:00 AM
i think hes rich so its ok hahahaha

warbluefish
03-03-2013, 04:28 AM
wish u best luck.

Bless
03-03-2013, 04:35 AM
GL bro just gopher it!

Mysticaleagle
03-03-2013, 07:03 AM
Good luck! Same here, million in opening golden chests, and now about 5000 platinums into opening crates to receive useless crappy junk.

They say it's luck, but i'm suspicious about that, since some players gets these stuff within 1 or 2 openings and mostly some people do get them a lot.

Same people nearly all the time gets em.

Takezaki
03-03-2013, 07:21 AM
I'm not really paranoid about all that. I understand the concept and I don't think other users receive better treatment or there is something shady going on.

I just believe that when developpers gather together to brainstorm about what to do next, they're not really thinking about how to improve the game and it's playability but more about how to make more money selling platinium. That is how I see it and that is very disapointing to me.

Ruejade
03-03-2013, 07:23 AM
^ ummm, there's no reason for sts to favor some people over others? Most probably a random number generator or something similar.

Mysticaleagle
03-03-2013, 07:37 AM
^ ummm, there's no reason for sts to favor some people over others? Most probably a random number generator or something similar.

I know. But I still find it weird.

I did farm for weeks, I did spend millions gold in opening golden chests, I did spend thousands of platinums in opening crates, all this to only get crap. And I mean it. So that's about 400$ wasted.

I have a rich friend, that farms sometimes and always gets lucky. He opened about 10 crates and received hammerjaw, he opened few golden chests and received 2 mythic helmets.

Now, he recently opened few more chests and crates to again, receive a hammerjaw.

I think you get it when I say that it sounds fishy even if it isn't.

KillaSkillz
03-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Yeah. I opened some locked grand crates, my real problem with it is they are selling currently for 8-10k then you pay 15 plat to open them and (in my case) its always a pink worth 500 or less to resell.

I'm really unhappy about that.

Those locked crates, if people weren't chasing impossible items wouldn't be so high cost, which gets me thinking along your lines that it's a gimmick to get people buying and using plat.

I dunno. The elite difficulty is too high for me as a warrior, and games I join people leave when they see I am a warrior. It's just not fun, and only frustration. If i'm lucky I get a run in, but at soon as a 2nd warrior joins the other 2 players bail.

I believe if you make a great product, people will naturally spend their money to support it. you don't need a gimmick like impossibile difficulty, or impossible chances to get items. To try and get people into spending money.

This update and level cap increase, just turns me off of the game.
It's not fun, its too much frustration and work to be fun.

Takezaki
03-03-2013, 08:50 AM
I believe if you make a great product, people will naturally spend their money to support it. you don't need a gimmick like impossibile difficulty, or impossible chances to get items. To try and get people into spending money.

This update and level cap increase, just turns me off of the game.
It's not fun, its too much frustration and work to be fun.

Exactly.

Beanerboi
03-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Why would you spend so much money on a mobile game...

Bless
03-03-2013, 09:06 AM
why would you spend so much money on a mobile game... jelly much?

Takezaki
03-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Because I enjoy playing and spend alot of hours playing.

Why do people spend 100$ on a nights out for drinks and food?

sync
03-03-2013, 09:09 AM
STS' never been happier.
I mean really, look at these people. ffs

Beanerboi
03-03-2013, 09:12 AM
jelly much? yeah im jelly that i didnt spend hundreds of dollars on a mobile game lol you make no sense

Mysticaleagle
03-03-2013, 09:17 AM
yeah im jelly that i didnt spend hundreds of dollars on a mobile game lol you make no sense

But you do spend hundreds to (word) your brain up. (Alcohol and stuff). That ain't good for you..

Takezaki
03-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Let's not turn this thread into a flame war about the legitimate ways to spend your money.

I'm very well off, 500$ is by no way a big deal for me.

Vystirch
03-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Gl man, just hold your plat for vanities..... It's what I do.

Takezaki
03-03-2013, 09:40 AM
I should've done that but now with no gold to my name this game is basically over for me unless I can recoup some of my losses.

Mrsberry
03-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Ive Lost intrest in all sts games can't remember the last time I was on for more then a few minutes. I check out forms now and then to see if anything catches my attention nothing yet.

colestros
03-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Wow.. thats so unfair.. for all of u guys that spent so much in the game.. well good luck mate:p hope you hit a jackpot this time. Fact of life is,, some pple are bloody lucky and get the best out of everything, while a lot of us work our asses off and get all the crap thats left over. Man, wish u lots and lots of luck..
And,, in another aspect, sts is totally ruining our overall gameplay experience for their greed for money. All i see are new ways for players to SPEND money in the game than actually ENJOYING the game. With the whole locked crate business and 50plat ninja vanities or 250plat ripmaw pets. Theyre not even replying to requests for confirmation before any platinum purchases. I wish theyd think of us players more and less about $$$... they keep this up, and sure as hell and heaven theyre going to lose their top customers.. and profits will go down instead.

P.S-- Takezaki and killaskillz, amen to that

Mysticaleagle
03-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Arcane legends turned into a complete real money based game (platinum) when the quote from StS before it's release was ''Platinum will ONLY be useful for vanities, elixirs and slots''.

colestros
03-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Yeah.. back in the good old days.. why does every good game have to turn out like this?? Just disappointing...

darthdlo
03-03-2013, 10:53 AM
I completely understand, I only have vanities to show for my money and nothing else but def. haven't spent what u did but I did on PL. I understand its a gamble but there have been companies who have been sued for offering different thing for money to make huge profits without any returns to the customer and knowing full well its a money racket. I'm not saying its happening here but young-ins should use this game as a learning tool for the future with free enterprise and cheaks and balances. They know its mostly 18 and under players and where r they gonna get the money to get all those NEW shiny limited edition items. It's a business and they do have to survive but there really should b something for those who spend lots of money. I love the rarity of the better items but if u spend 500-1000 on a limited mmo and not get any of the items u should get some reward to say hey thanks for ur generous "donation" because I know I can afford it but at a cost of 12 hour days building coastguard boats with blood sweat and tears and that is hard earned money given away. At least if u spend up to 500-1000 in small increments u get some return back. But like it was stated its a huge gamble for a very small return and should only b done by ppl who can afford or parents who can afford. I don't want this game to turn into PL with guaranteed drops as long as u have a classy looter and %100 reroll. It's hard to have a full opinion on the matter because I'm the consumer and don't think I should have to spend more that my phone/tablet/cpu cost or the cost of my internet subacription BUT they have to make money somehow on a free offered game and if it isn't ur cup of tee try the pay to play mmo's u might get more of what ur looking for. Keep up the good work sts it is a great game. We might b all laughing on day looking back at these old post.

Vystirch
03-03-2013, 11:39 AM
It rly is a free to play game, the people getting angry here are us colectors, we want every single item in the game that is somewhat rare. I am one myself and have been disappointed. But I have come around to the point that patience is the key to get things. Also on a very point obvious note: STS is a company, they are trying to make money. yet! They are a very caring company that asks us lots of questions and try's to please us.

-Vys

Mysticaleagle
03-03-2013, 11:48 AM
It rly is a free to play game, the people getting angry here are us colectors, we want every single item in the game that is somewhat rare. I am one myself and have been disappointed. But I have come around to the point that patience is the key to get things. Also on a very point obvious note: STS is a company, they are trying to make money. yet! They are a very caring company that asks us lots of questions and try's to please us.

-Vys

Agreed, but they still NEED to bring back the achievement and banner for opening HammerJaw's egg since they took it away for more platinum sales which is upsetting for many, many of us.

Once they bring it back to how it was for HammerJaw, and give us back our real banner borders (seasonal banners) i'll be super happy and I won't be the only one.

I really, really want that arcane achievement and banner but never will, since I can't waste 5000 more platinums (which I already did) on trying to loot that Egg, or millions of gold on opening golden chests to try and loot the Arcane weapon (which I already did) or spend weeks and weeks on farming to receive only CRAP (which I already did also) so I will NEVER get that banner and achievement if they don't bring it BACK TO NORMAL which is completely REASONABLE.

And I won't be the only one. I'm on the line to just leave and go back to O&C.

But hey, I still do LOVE that Ninja Vanity! :)

Vystirch
03-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Agreed, but they still NEED to bring back the achievement and banner for opening HammerJaw's egg since they took it away for more platinum sales which is upsetting for many, many of us.

Once they bring it back to how it was for HammerJaw, and give us back our real banner borders (seasonal banners) i'll be super happy and I won't be the only one.

I really, really want that arcane achievement and banner but never will, since I can't waste 5000 more platinums (which I already did) on trying to loot that Egg, or millions of gold on opening golden chests to try and loot the Arcane weapon (which I already did) or spend weeks and weeks on farming to receive only CRAP (which I already did also) so I will NEVER get that banner and achievement if they don't bring it BACK TO NORMAL which is completely REASONABLE.

And I won't be the only one. I'm on the line to just leave and go back to O&C.

Yah there are things that must change, I suggest we stick around for the bumpy rid. O&C is a horrible game in my books, (i own it) don't play it. They do need to change the achievement awarding system, because I want the hooks, not only for a great weapon but for the achievement, cause otherwise ill nvr get it.

-Vys

Raxin
03-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Because I enjoy playing and spend alot of hours playing.

Why do people spend 100$ on a nights out for drinks and food?
This. bar tab > plat history

Raxin
03-03-2013, 12:39 PM
Tak u need a gambling support group bro... 7 mil wouldve got you the helm and 10000 plat is 150000 mins of reroll(2500 hours 104 days) . Just stop crating bro. Sell ALL elite pirate gold. Be rich and geared...

Commanderkeen
03-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Ive Lost intrest in all sts games can't remember the last time I was on for more then a few minutes. I check out forms now and then to see if anything catches my attention nothing yet.

Same here Berry. Pop in, say hi to some friends (if their even on) then i'm out.

Darthmase
03-03-2013, 01:47 PM
I don't have an issue with sts having ways to make money. If they don't make money then we don't have a game.
The only issue i have is the difficulty of elite maps.
I used to play for hours on elite maps and i was happy with the results. Now i can't catch a break and the new elite maps wipe me out so i can't even play them. I spent 400k on ah for better gear and still get wiped out fast.
Without better loot how can i keep playing?
I farmed Jarls until my thumbs fell off and that didn't produce a single pink.
It is becoming difficult to find a reason to play this game.

Zanpakuto
03-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Yeah after the update, it's way too hard. I don't want to keep playing either. I've spent around $100, and came to the conclusion that if you want mythic or arcane items, just pony up the $500, covert all to cash and buy the item in CS!

Raxin
03-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Yeah after the update, it's way too hard. I don't want to keep playing either. I've spent around $100, and came to the conclusion that if you want mythic or arcane items, just pony up the $500, covert all to cash and buy the item in CS!
Wow just farm jarl 4-5 top tier items covers it

AtariX
03-03-2013, 02:48 PM

They actually are favoring some over others - Hammerjaw, McCraw only available from crates - so people who don't buy plat can go screw themselves. :) Sts has grwon greedy with AL. At least that's my late opinion and observation. Let the flame begin...

Raxin
03-03-2013, 03:55 PM

They actually are favoring some over others - Hammerjaw, McCraw only available from crates - so people who don't buy plat can go screw themselves. :) Sts has grwon greedy with AL. At least that's my late opinion and observation. Let the flame begin...
Flamed.... Id give u more but im just too lazy
( insert hateful comment here)

Rare
03-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Man... Let me just say I'm with you. I haven't spent nearly the plat you have, but this cap has become tedious and its starting to feel a little like pocket legends. I understand wanting hard content, but you can't just create content for people that play 18 hours a day. And let's face it, the biggest part of this game, BY FAR, is the end game content.

The elites need to be fixed. Hurray for the people that can regularly find good parties and farm for hours. I am not one of them. And I'm guessing most mobile gamers are in the same boat.

I think the elites of dead city, other than mordom tower, were sufficiently difficult and time consuming. Some people might not agree, but I'd be willing to bet the rest of my plat they are the very small minority.

Bless
03-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Man... Let me just say I'm with you. I haven't spent nearly the plat you have, but this cap has become tedious and its starting to feel a little like pocket legends. I understand wanting hard content, but you can't just create content for people that play 18 hours a day. And let's face it, the biggest part of this game, BY FAR, is the end game content.

The elites need to be fixed. Hurray for the people that can regularly find good parties and farm for hours. I am not one of them. And I'm guessing most mobile gamers are in the same boat.

I think the elites of dead city, other than mordom tower, were sufficiently difficult and time consuming. Some people might not agree, but I'd be willing to bet the rest of my plat they are the very small minority. I agree, ya know lots of people play it in short bursts such as in the bus. 10-20 minute runs (elite or not) should be the max for a mmo, otherwise if youre gonna sit and do 1h runs, rather make it chrome only.

Beanerboi
03-03-2013, 06:33 PM
But you do spend hundreds to (word) your brain up. (Alcohol and stuff). That ain't good for you..
Are you serious? I never drank alcohol in my life im only 18 dont talk about things you dont know...

Mysticaleagle
03-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Are you serious? I never drank alcohol in my life im only 18 dont talk about things you dont know...

Just wondering.......

Genuinous
03-03-2013, 07:01 PM
There are too many things and changes sts has made recently (and not so recently) that just clearly shows a shift towards a really profit oriented business. At some point these ppl really did care about the game, to make sure it was fun and available to everyone, even for free. But they have realized how simple it is to make money and now they are on a roll.. And any time I see a thread like this, it makes me sad once again, that hunger for money can ruin the experience for so many...

No no no, not complaining about not having every item in the game. It's fine. But I wanna have the chance to farm or buy them for gold (ie get achievement) if I work hard. I don't want stuff to be plat exclusive. 15 plat vanities are quite nice, 50 plat is money hungry. If plat is taken off as 2 for stats and 3 for skill respec, but you are forced to pay 5 plat, while sts is not listening or caring about all the ppl who would like it changed is money hungry. And many ppl cant get free plat. Or maybe they do and then just keep wasting it on unnecessary stat/skill respecs. And one could keep going on and on about these... And I'm sad once again :(

sync
03-03-2013, 07:09 PM

wow, are you like Straight Edge or something? like married to jesus?

Vystirch
03-03-2013, 09:26 PM

Ok, I've nvr drank inn my life also, I'm 17. And btw I will nvr drink, it's not religious or anything, I just want to be reliable and keep my money for others things.

-Vys

Beanerboi
03-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Hum no? I don't even believe in god and any religion...

meanakric
03-03-2013, 09:35 PM
There are too many things and changes sts has made recently (and not so recently) that just clearly shows a shift towards a really profit oriented business. At some point these ppl really did care about the game, to make sure it was fun and available to everyone, even for free. But they have realized how simple it is to make money and now they are on a roll.. And any time I see a thread like this, it makes me sad once again, that hunger for money can ruin the experience for so many...

No no no, not complaining about not having every item in the game. It's fine. But I wanna have the chance to farm or buy them for gold (ie get achievement) if I work hard. I don't want stuff to be plat exclusive. 15 plat vanities are quite nice, 50 plat is money hungry. If plat is taken off as 2 for stats and 3 for skill respec, but you are forced to pay 5 plat, while sts is not listening or caring about all the ppl who would like it changed is money hungry. And many ppl cant get free plat. Or maybe they do and then just keep wasting it on unnecessary stat/skill respecs. And one could keep going on and on about these... And I'm sad once again :(

Nice say. I try to prove STS is right yesterday and I went straight to Elite Skull Cove. 1hr36mins to complete with the other two warriors and a mage, by random. It's already a miracle all peoples could hold on for so long, one of them shouting for meal when the other plead him not to leave and keep trying. Our end results? No pinks, just ordinary Epic and Rares...

Are you KIDDING ME!!!! With the latest loot's distribution, are you expecting pure mage group to challenge Elite Skull Cove which can die in a second? I didn't dare to try second time now.

Vystirch
03-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Nice say. I try to prove STS is right yesterday and I went straight to Elite Skull Cove. 1hr36mins to complete with the other two warriors and a mage, by random. It's already a miracle all peoples could hold on for so long, one of them shouting for meal when the other plead him not to leave and keep trying. Our end results? No pinks, just ordinary Epic and Rares...

Are you KIDDING ME!!!! With the latest loot's distribution, are you expecting pure mage group to challenge Elite Skull Cove which can die in a second? I didn't dare to try second time now.

I finished 46min. skull cove, one tank, 1 Mage, 2 rouges...... It's not that hard, gear up and get with people who know what they are doing.

-Vys

P.s. oh btw that was pure........

meanakric
03-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Hey Vys, as mentioned, that's by random & the reason why I mentioned pure mage group is because our mage latest weapon can only be found in Skull Cove. So other players basically have no reason to play this level anymore.

Thank you for your comments though.

Vystirch
03-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Hey Vys, as mentioned, that's by random & the reason why I mentioned pure mage group is because our mage latest weapon can only be found in Skull Cove. So other players basically have no reason to play this level anymore.

Thank you for your comments though.

The reason to play is for the unique loot, lb times, achievement (to get pet).
That's plenty of reason, there is no reason the final Bose should be farmable,

-Vys

SouLBlizzard
03-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Agreed.I just want to at least those mobs in elite maps not being so hard to kill.The boss can stay that hard.Just bring those mobs back to previous difficulty.Then for those who cant buy plats,still have the chance to get mythic or arcane items from elite chest.So we still have the purpose and fun to play this game...

Flamberge
03-03-2013, 11:36 PM
This thread has showed how STS ignore what players really needed.

How a simple thing like confirmation button on plat spending and they never even bother to reply or fix it in lots of patches in past.

What they bother about is how they make a new hammerjaw kind of arcane rarity stuff. And now they have the arcane hook weapon for rogue which forces some of the top spender to spend even more cash to try and get it. So what's next? Get ready to spend even more for the warrior and sorcerer arcane weapon.

I remembered those old days back in early 2011 where I only spend 10$ to unlock all map in Pl and not to care about spending more cash on other stuff.

Vystirch
03-03-2013, 11:56 PM
We don't know their resource limit.... They are after all running 4 games on amazon servers......

KillaSkillz
03-04-2013, 12:10 AM
Just saying....

46+ minutes to run an elite map is about 31 minutes longer then I want to spend on any map.
I played these games because they could be played in short bursts and make progress. I ain't got an hour to spend running a map. Much less 8 hours to get 8 drop chances (which will probably, if i'm lucky actually be a chest, that I will have to be lucky again on, or worse a locked crate lol!)
Ain't nobody got time for that! :)

Genuinous
03-04-2013, 05:37 AM
The reason to play is for the unique loot, lb times, achievement (to get pet).
That's plenty of reason, there is no reason the final Bose should be farmable,

-Vys

If final boss should not be farmable then why put sorc item on that boss? While rogues only have to cruise through the first map to get theirs and there are tons of warrior weapons out there to grab, since reef was farmed heavily for a while. I'm not saying last boss should be farmable, I'm saying don't put the best item for one class there, while the others can get their respective ones easily.

We don't know their resource limit.... They are after all running 4 games on amazon servers......

I made a thread asking devs why respec is 5 plat, when even the game takes them off in two stages for skills and stats. This is the only reply I got to why they don't listen to the community in this or plat confirmation button ideas....

Ya can't do everything, ya know?

Now tell me, that creating 2 buttons, for which the mechanism is already implemented in the game (plat considered separately) would take more than 5-10 minutes. Which clearly shows that sts doesn't care how much players would appreciate a respec like all other legend games, how much players want a confirmation button, these things will never ever happen, because sts doesn't care about players getting such content. I find it really ironic, they claim that this game is aimed at casual gamers, but they are unwilling and ignorant to the pleas of those, who do not want to buy plat. How is that casual gaming then I wonder? Forcing people to play their elixirs right then and there, when they would rather just play 5-10 mins every 2-3 hours? How is that casual gaming? Sts lost it's original idea and they are going for money... They are making an awesome game, but along the wrong lines...

Rare
03-04-2013, 05:38 AM
Ok, I've nvr drank inn my life also, I'm 17. And btw I will nvr drink, it's not religious or anything, I just want to be reliable and keep my money for others things.

-Vys

The money thing I understand... But being reliable? Are you implying people that drink are unreliable?

Mysticaleagle
03-04-2013, 05:40 AM
The money thing I understand... But being reliable? Are you implying people that drink are unreliable?

This.

Rare
03-04-2013, 05:41 AM
Just saying....

46+ minutes to run an elite map is about 31 minutes longer then I want to spend on any map.
I played these games because they could be played in short bursts and make progress. I ain't got an hour to spend running a map. Much less 8 hours to get 8 drop chances (which will probably, if i'm lucky actually be a chest, that I will have to be lucky again on, or worse a locked crate lol!)
Ain't nobody got time for that! :)

Not to mention this was a party that they organized. Not a pug.

Rollo
03-04-2013, 05:43 PM
jelly much?

He's right imo. Id rather spend 600$ in vegas gambling than waste it here. Just my 2 cents though.

Natrich
03-04-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm very well off, 500$ is by no way a big deal for me.

Then why try to start something by making this thread. gtfo

Takezaki
03-04-2013, 08:24 PM

Start something? Im just stating my disapointment. Even if I can afford spending 500$ on this game I can still be sad about the turn of events and how I think Sts is ruining this game.

Gtfo of my own thread? Go ahead ill follow step.

wowdah
03-04-2013, 08:48 PM

umm.. bro chill... why flame?

Energizeric
03-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Start something? Im just stating my disapointment. Even if I can afford spending 500$ on this game I can still be sad about the turn of events and how I think Sts is ruining this game.

Gtfo of my own thread? Go ahead ill follow step.

I prefer it this way. You can't buy your way to victory in AL, you have to achieve through effort just like everyone else. Yes, it helps to spend plat, but there are no guarantees. It just gives you a slight boost.

Vystirch
03-04-2013, 09:26 PM

Oooo been awhile sense I visited this thread, sry no that's not what I meant. Not all people would be unreliable, but in a family where there is a history of drunkenness (mine would be such) (none drink anymore) I am just gonna avoid it all together, I'm not saying alcohol is something that automatically makes someone drunk, just that I better avoid it. Ik people who get drunk and people who drink safely. Sry if I offended anyone,

-Vys

Rly rly I'm sorry, I mean no offense.

Raxin
03-04-2013, 09:51 PM

Oooo been awhile sense I visited this thread, sry no that's not what I meant. Not all people would be unreliable, but in a family where there is a history of drunkenness (mine would be such) (none drink anymore) I am just gonna avoid it all together, I'm not saying alcohol is something that automatically makes someone drunk, just that I better avoid it. Ik people who get drunk and people who drink safely. Sry if I offended anyone,

-Vys

Ill say it drunk people are retarded. When i drink im retarded and so are you. The only thing drunk people can do better than sober people is survive car accidents and act a fool. Alchohol makes you inferior compared to your sober self. If you think otherwise you should lay off the sauce. If this offended you time to look in the mirror and man up

ShadowGunX
03-05-2013, 03:48 AM
sts games r headache when u get into merch nd expect for more. we all kno "expectations hurts"
so i quit merch nd hardly play pvp in any of sts games. bt u do any real good job to get few thousands bucks salarly per month to.blow 100$ bucks in game?

ManWithStyle
03-05-2013, 04:41 AM
Then don't buy plat.. keep whining about stuff when it's your own fault.. you want that archievment then earn it. What is the point in being the best player of the game? It's just virtually..

I'm Siri
03-05-2013, 05:20 AM

No wonder seldom see u now.
I deleted all the STS games too. Back to real life.

Takezaki
03-05-2013, 05:26 AM
Then don't buy plat.. keep whining about stuff when it's your own fault.. you want that archievment then earn it. What is the point in being the best player of the game? It's just virtually..

I never said it wasn't my fault, actually I think I said it twice in one paragraph. I also never said I wanted to be the best player. But I'm a hardcore gamer, a end-game content type of gamer. I've always liked merchanting.

What I stated is the fact that this game is becoming less enjoyable, and that is why I will stop spending my money on it.

If all you've got to say is ''It's your fault, then don't buy plat'' that's pretty much what I've been telling myself from the get go, you don't have to tell that to me.

Oh and one other thing for those telling me not to buy platinium and all that. Remember that people like ME are allowing YOU to play this game for free, and since you seem to be enjoying it so much you should get off your high horse and let me express my disapointment.

I'm Siri
03-05-2013, 05:31 AM
This thread has showed how STS ignore what players really needed.

How a simple thing like confirmation button on plat spending and they never even bother to reply or fix it in lots of patches in past.

What they bother about is how they make a new hammerjaw kind of arcane rarity stuff. And now they have the arcane hook weapon for rogue which forces some of the top spender to spend even more cash to try and get it. So what's next? Get ready to spend even more for the warrior and sorcerer arcane weapon.

I remembered those old days back in early 2011 where I only spend 10$ to unlock all map in Pl and not to care about spending more cash on other stuff.

How,r you bro.
Don't like it (use to love it). Don't play it. Simple as me :)

I'm Siri
03-05-2013, 05:36 AM
Guess this thread will be close very soon.
I mean.
Real soon.
Yes. Maybe.

Flamberge
03-05-2013, 05:40 AM
How,r you bro.
Don't like it (use to love it). Don't play it. Simple as me :)

How are you bro? Haven't seen u in a while. Lot of things changes these days.

Mysticaleagle
03-05-2013, 05:53 AM

Come back online.. :livid:

I'm Siri
03-05-2013, 06:43 AM

Good as always.
Now only log on to DL say hi if some old friend there (hardly see any, sad)
The less legends all deleted:)
Playing RR3 now. And FIFA13

Rare
03-05-2013, 08:58 AM

-Vys

No no.. no offense taken. And I understand now what you're saying.

Ill say it drunk people are retarded. When i drink im retarded and so are you. The only thing drunk people can do better than sober people is survive car accidents and act a fool. Alchohol makes you inferior compared to your sober self. If you think otherwise you should lay off the sauce. If this offended you time to look in the mirror and man dafuq up

Ehh... maybe you're underage? I'm perfectly competent when I drink. I wouldn't drive, but I'm coherent. Maybe you should take a break if you get retarded when you're drunk. When you're a little older... say 21... you'll realize binge drinking isn't good for you.

I notice a lot of drama oozing from your posts. :) Maybe want to take it down a notch? As you can see... Vys is perfectly capable of speaking for himself and holding a normal conversation without you jumping in.

Rare
03-05-2013, 09:03 AM
I never said it wasn't my fault, actually I think I said it twice in one paragraph. I also never said I wanted to be the best player. But I'm a hardcore gamer, a end-game content type of gamer. I've always liked merchanting.

What I stated is the fact that this game is becoming less enjoyable, and that is why I will stop spending my money on it.

If all you've got to say is ''It's your fault, then don't buy plat'' that's pretty much what I've been telling myself from the get go, you don't have to tell that to me.

Oh and one other thing for those telling me not to buy platinium and all that. Remember that people like ME are allowing YOU to play this game for free, and since you seem to be enjoying it so much you should get off your high horse and let me express my disapointment.

Honestly, people are going to read what they want to read. Internet eyes have been trained to pull the most drama out of a post without thinking about what the message is.

Chili
03-05-2013, 09:45 AM
It's not anyone's place to tell someone else how to spend their money. We all spend money where we want and how much we want. We tend to spend money on things we like...

On topic: there is something to be said, no matter where or how you spend your money, that everyone expects to get their monies worth and I agree with the op. The amount of money that can be spent on the game vs actual product doesn't add up. I also have spent quite a bit, and I can say that if I spent that much I expect to see results. I haven't recieved anything yet that made my money feel worthwhile. This is a product and a service, this isn't Vegas.

Paying money to open your loot IMO is just wrong. I understand plat for vanities, elixirs, pets... Even game content.. But loot? I'm disappointed in sts on that account.

Natrich
03-05-2013, 12:59 PM

Please close thread, this guy's outta control

Vystirch
03-05-2013, 01:01 PM

Um not rly...... Use the report feature in the bottom left of the post if you find it disrespectful (little red triangle).

Rollo
03-05-2013, 04:07 PM
You should rename this thread "The gamblers blues"

inkredible
03-05-2013, 05:07 PM
good luck

Uzii
03-05-2013, 05:41 PM
It's not anyone's place to tell someone else how to spend their money. We all spend money where we want and how much we want. We tend to spend money on things we like...

On topic: there is something to be said, no matter where or how you spend your money, that everyone expects to get their monies worth and I agree with the op. The amount of money that can be spent on the game vs actual product doesn't add up. I also have spent quite a bit, and I can say that if I spent that much I expect to see results. I haven't recieved anything yet that made my money feel worthwhile. This is a product and a service, this isn't Vegas.

Paying money to open your loot IMO is just wrong. I understand plat for vanities, elixirs, pets... Even game content.. But loot? I'm disappointed in sts on that account.

Such true in those words. This thread was meant like this no complaining no whining just stated how things r. If ppl just read carefully....

ShadowGunX
03-06-2013, 04:28 AM
@takezaki
dude u need a break. go out with ur gf (or frnd) in the place where there r greenery.
u r frustrated by playing these games. go to a massage centre nd hav a aromatherapy :-D

Takezaki
03-06-2013, 06:28 AM
I barely play this game, my social life is fine. I have some legit concerns about a game I decided to invest in, I believe it is my right to express them in a polite and respectable manner.

uzidredar
03-06-2013, 07:06 AM
I barely play this game, my social life is fine. I have some legit concerns about a game I decided to invest in, I believe it is my right to express them in a polite and respectable manner.

I think most of us support your opinion, keep at it :thumbup:
The issue here is return on investment. Time and money spent on this game are seeing very small return hence some will spend less of both which will hurt the game in the long run. Free loaders that have and will never buy plat don't complain since they haven't lost anything to begin with.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

abekrivy
03-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Free loaders that have and will never buy plat

Way to look down on those who either don't have the money or just choose not to spend/waste money on a mobile game...

I suppose you consider those of us who did free offers freeloaders too?

Awesome.

And yes, this freeloader is complaining because I still "invested" time for little to no return.

KillaSkillz
03-06-2013, 07:39 AM

The guy has a very valid point. If the people that buy plat stop. STS doesn't have the money to continue development of games, and the people that don't spend money don't get to play either. I don't believe he said you have no say because you don't spend money on it, or that his opinion is worth more than yours, he's saying he has just as much right as anyone else to voice his opinion. If paying customers are getting turned off it is 1000% better STS knows about it, and has an opportunity to correct it before they walk away as customers forever from the product. For every 1 that says something before they walk away, there is another 10 or 20 that walk away silently. This isn't an "I hate it because," thread it is a "I love it but," thread.

That said. Announcement they are looking into the difficulty of the new elite maps and possible changes in a week or so. The fun may be coming back!

Takezaki
03-06-2013, 07:40 AM
Thanks to those who understand the issue.

uzidredar
03-06-2013, 08:08 AM
I suppose you consider those of us who did free offers freeloaders too?

Awesome.

And yes, this freeloader is complaining because I still "invested" time for little to no return.

Not at all. I think you spent lots of energy getting the free plat. Sorry didn't want to sound rude.
Anyway, I just uninstalled the game. I'll see you guys in a few months when things have settled down, gl!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gundamsone
03-06-2013, 09:11 AM
What I want to know is what you got out of the $90 plat you purchased.
Sorry if you've mentioned it but I didn't bother going through 5 pages.

Natrich
03-06-2013, 11:28 AM
The guy has a very valid point. If the people that buy plat stop. STS doesn't have the money to continue development of games, and the people that don't spend money don't get to play either. I don't believe he said you have no say because you don't spend money on it, or that his opinion is worth more than yours, he's saying he has just as much right as anyone else to voice his opinion. If paying customers are getting turned off it is 1000% better STS knows about it, and has an opportunity to correct it before they walk away as customers forever from the product. For every 1 that says something before they walk away, there is another 10 or 20 that walk away silently. This isn't an "I hate it because," thread it is a "I love it but," thread.

That said. Announcement they are looking into the difficulty of the new elite maps and possible changes in a week or so. The fun may be coming back!

Not really, these threads are pointless. STS isn't going to be bullied by these threads and just hand out rarest items just because people felt inclined to spend hundreds of dollars. The items are supposed to be rare and no amount of "Look at how much I spent and got nothing in return" threads is going to change that.

The game is growing pretty quickly, guys like him can leave and there will be '10 or 20' to take his place, not leave with him. A game like this is going to keep on having platinum buyers and other devoted players.

Edit: The game is still playable without having Hammerjaw or mythic gear. Just throwing that out there.

Vystirch
03-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Not really, these threads are pointless. STS isn't going to be bullied by these threads and just hand out rarest items just because people felt inclined to spend hundreds of dollars. The items are supposed to be rare and no amount of "Look at how much I spent and got nothing in return" threads is going to change that.

The game is growing pretty quickly, guys like him can leave and there will be '10 or 20' to take his place, not leave with him. A game like this is going to keep on having platinum buyers and other devoted players.

Edit: The game is still playable without having Hammerjaw or mythic gear. Just throwing that out there.

Too bad I don't have any like left....

Uzii
03-06-2013, 12:09 PM

Too bad I don't have any like left....

U got it wrong he doesnt complain not to get it he is just saying how much time spend in game and is not satisfied with some things in game.
U got it wrong its abt rarest items only. read first part of that post and u should be able to understand if not thers no helping it (u)

Rare
03-06-2013, 12:09 PM

Once again, you are only seeing what you want to see and not understanding what he is trying to say

Vystirch
03-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Well these. Convos are tiring..... I think ima stop and just see what unfolds next week......

Natrich
03-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Once again, you are only seeing what you want to see and not understanding what he is trying to say

Okay, here's what the point of the thread is. Straight from the opening post:

but the game is getting less and less exciting for me, a bit like Dark Legends, wich I quit a bit after the 26 Expansion.

I can guarantee this would not have been said if he got what he wanted after spending hundreds of dollars. Try and twist it all you like, but I'm lumping this with the other 'I spent a lot' threads.

Takezaki
03-06-2013, 01:53 PM
When I quit Dark Legends I had all the best items available and the most sought after vanities. Just saying.

Rare
03-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Okay, here's what the point of the thread is. Straight from the opening post:

I can guarantee this would not have been said if he got what he wanted after spending hundreds of dollars. Try and twist it all you like, but I'm lumping this with the other 'I spent a lot' threads.

Here's what you said:

After reading this again, I can clearly see you didn't understand. :D

Natrich
03-06-2013, 03:02 PM
After reading this again, I can clearly see you didn't understand. :D

Well the courteous thing to do would be to explain what I didn't understand rather than preach that you know.

I'm in the dark

Takezaki
03-09-2013, 10:11 AM
For the curious ones I just bought the 1700 plat pack.. Will convert some to gold and open crates with the rest.

Wish me luck, I will keep you guys updated as I gamble my way back.

I could've converted that into 1.7 and try to merch but i'd rather do or die. As they say, live by the sword, die by the sword.

Hoping to make at least 2-3 mil or I'm calling it quits, it's my last try.

Takezaki
03-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Well..No dice!

Done with this game, look for an item giveaway thread really soon!

GG!

RcyberN
03-09-2013, 01:07 PM
For the curious ones I just bought the 1700 plat pack.. Will convert some to gold and open crates with the rest.

Wish me luck, I will keep you guys updated as I gamble my way back.

I could've converted that into 1.7 and try to merch but i'd rather do or die. As they say, live by the sword, die by the sword.

Hoping to make at least 2-3 mil or I'm calling it quits, it's my last try.

Well..No dice!

Done with this game, look for an item giveaway thread really soon!

GG!

Troll:encouragement:

Aplyed
03-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Good try man , U shouldn't give up , just farm and don't buy plats anymore. Arcane will miss u .

Zanpakuto
03-09-2013, 08:53 PM
If all u want is 2-3mil, just convert it!

Zeus
03-09-2013, 09:13 PM
I know. But I still find it weird.

I did farm for weeks, I did spend millions gold in opening golden chests, I did spend thousands of platinums in opening crates, all this to only get crap. And I mean it. So that's about 400$ wasted.

I have a rich friend, that farms sometimes and always gets lucky. He opened about 10 crates and received hammerjaw, he opened few golden chests and received 2 mythic helmets.

Now, he recently opened few more chests and crates to again, receive a hammerjaw.

I think you get it when I say that it sounds fishy even if it isn't.

Some people in life are just lucky. In real life the same thing goes. They're haxing life, I guess. :p

digitalbot
03-09-2013, 11:10 PM
spent 300plat on crates spending the next 1400 on crates too
will update (:

side edit note:: altogether spend more than 1k plat so far

digitalbot
03-10-2013, 09:26 PM
well i really was going to leave this game today. i bought order and chaos spent 50bucks on them and decided to do all with AL and guess what??

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/11/tavavaze.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/11/ujypu6y2.jpg

Origin
03-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Gotta agree with Takezaki. This isn't about giving "handouts" as someone suggested. This is gambling vs. gaming.

I don't think the issue is whether people will spend or even how much.. especially when it comes to the adult gamers. It's how AL's development team's chosen to try and get people to spend, and what each dollar nets us. The tactics have been a bit clumsy, not so sophisticated, so it's sorta looks like we're being asked to play the pokies. It's a blatant one-hit-kill not a subtle subscription. Which is a turn off coz whatever most sensible people spend on, we look for whether we'll look good, feel good - something to show for. That's why I stopped spending plat soon after the crates came out. I'm a gamer not a gambler. I think it'd go down better if gamers felt like they actually earned/built their elite stuff, not paid for it. As for elixirs, tbh level cap's way too low and gameplay/maps too simple. All the elixirs I've bought to date are by accident - phone lag. Everyone needs to think about profit but you gotta be smart about it, strike a balance. Maybe it's harder for AL coz it lacks the social element.

Anyways best of luck bud. U could always take 5 and come back to find that ur mojo never left! ;-)

gundamsone
03-11-2013, 01:10 PM
well i really was going to leave this game today. i bought order and chaos spent 50bucks on them and decided to do all with AL and guess what??

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/11/tavavaze.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/11/ujypu6y2.jpg
Now sell that beast! or do you not have the gold to list it?

digitalbot
03-11-2013, 01:14 PM
they are both listed currently under ctrlkey one of the few luckiest poorest warrior
buy please haha :)

Vystirch
03-11-2013, 01:26 PM
they are both listed currently under ctrlkey one of the few luckiest poorest warrior
buy please haha :)

what dont leave!....

digitalbot
03-11-2013, 01:29 PM
what dont leave!....

no not leaving anymore haha can get warrior helm now (:
well soon enuff hopefully
might save for arcane weapon though yup

Caiahar
03-11-2013, 01:30 PM
I forgot whats this threads about.

Vystirch
03-11-2013, 01:33 PM
no not leaving anymore haha can get warrior helm now (:
well soon enuff hopefully
might save for arcane weapon though yup

mmmmmm, well tat helmet looks like it would fit me :) why not take my 1mil and run? lol

good for u man :)

-Vys