PDA

View Full Version : Rare Drop: Kraken Skewer of Brutality!!!

Energizeric
03-03-2013, 06:10 AM
Yes, this is the rare new level 26 sorcerer weapon that Sam referred to in this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?88529-Elite-Loot-Distribution-in-the-Kraken-Isles

There are 3 new Elite legendary Weapons (with variable stats, use pirate themed assets)

Kraken Skewer (Trident – Sorcerer) that ONLY drops from the final boss in Elite Dungeon 5 (Skull Cove)

Abyssal Flamberge (Skull Pirate Sword – Warrior) that ONLY drops from the final boss in Elite Dungeon 4 (Ancient Mariner Reef)

Slicing Flintlocks (Gunswords – Rogue) that ONLY drops from the final boss in Elite Dungeon 1 (Windmoore Harbor)

Well, I reached level 26 tonight and some friends decided to help me finish Elite Skull Cove to get the "Scallywag Slaughter" achievement and the pet Konga. So it took us about a half hour to finish the dungeon and I died about 10 times during the process, and even the warrior died 2 or 3 times. It's a really tough dungeon. So moments before we were about to kill the boss, I quickly purchased a luck elixir. When the boss died, I got a reroll and look what popped out:

I've never seen one of these in the consignment shop, so I'm not sure if I got the first one or not. There is a level 25 Kraken Skewer of Fatality in the shop, but the stats for that one are not as good, and this one looks way better. The overall stats seem better than any other sorcerer weapon. Damage is higher than a flamestrike, lower than an oracle gun. DPS is lower than a flamestrike, higher than an oracle gun. STR & INT are highest of any weapon. And the proc effect sounds awsome. Here are the stats and some pictures:

I don't have the mythic sorcerer helm (not rich enough to buy it yet), but I tried it on in the shop preview window along with this weapon, and it seems they were made to go together. They are the exact same color and they look good together. If there was only a matching armor this would make a great set for someone super rich. Oh yeah....the armor is coming next campaign....

I haven't decided for sure whether I'm going to keep it or sell it, but I'm leaning towards selling it assuming I can get a good price for it. I think I will try using it for a day or two to make up my mind for sure. Don't worry, I'll keep it in good condition!! :)

Mysticaleagle
03-03-2013, 06:13 AM
Nice!

Limsi
03-03-2013, 06:16 AM
Grats. Sell-buy mythic helm-good game.

SkyDagger
03-03-2013, 06:22 AM
nc congrats.. btw youve finished the run in 30min :D i need a party for elite skull cove lol

Valsacar
03-03-2013, 06:36 AM
Looks nice, I'd like to compare it side by side with the oracle of force. If you could post pictures of your stats with each on I'd appreciate it.

Energizeric
03-03-2013, 06:47 AM
Looks nice, I'd like to compare it side by side with the oracle of force. If you could post pictures of your stats with each on I'd appreciate it.

Oracle has higher dmg, lower dps. I think the big value in this staff is the proc. Also, you sacrifice about 100 health points when using the oracle compared to this. I haven't tried it in PvP yet, but I will shortly. I'm curious how useful the proc is.

gundamsone
03-03-2013, 07:00 AM
one in ah last time for 800k sold within 12 hours

Mysticaleagle
03-03-2013, 07:04 AM
one in ah last time for 800k sold within 12 hours

Yep, I saw it I was tempted to buy it!

Takezaki
03-03-2013, 07:22 AM
Wish the warrior weapons were as usefull as this is.

Lok
03-03-2013, 07:41 AM
Wish the warrior weapons were as usefull as this is.

The warrior is far more useless than this one. Not sure about the one for rogue.

So at least a good thing for mage in this update. :semi-twins:

Chaokaban
03-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Grats.How long did u take to farm for it?

Takezaki
03-03-2013, 07:55 AM
The warrior is far more useless than this one. Not sure about the one for rogue.

So at least a good thing for mage in this update. :semi-twins:

Never seen the rogue's

Energizeric
03-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Grats.How long did u take to farm for it?

First time. Read my first post. Took us 30 minutes to beat boss.

Chaokaban
03-05-2013, 02:08 AM
First time. Read my first post. Took us 30 minutes to beat boss.

So this was your first time in the dungeon?

Energizeric
03-05-2013, 01:43 PM
So this was your first time in the dungeon?

First and probably last. I died so many times and it took about 30 minutes, so I don't plan on going back there. We were just doing it for the achievement. So I guess I got really lucky -- there is a first time for everything!! :highly_amused:

It's by far the hardest dungeon in the new expansion. Everyone should stay away from there unless you want to add lots of deaths to your K/D ratio!!

Cero
03-05-2013, 06:39 PM
its rare coz only few or those who wants to unlock achievemnt does the map.

Energizeric
03-05-2013, 06:47 PM
its rare coz only few or those who wants to unlock achievemnt does the map.

Yup, that's why I said "stay away from there". LOL

I want it to stay really really rare. Right now I've been told there are 2 others that exist, but I haven't seen them. If I stand in town with it equipped, I get about a question every 2-3 minutes asking what weapon I have. I think it may be more rare than the arcane rogue weapon.

xcainnblecterx
03-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Odd it didnt come from a chest. I think thats the.first pink wep ive seen just drop

Energizeric
03-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Odd it didnt come from a chest. I think thats the.first pink wep ive seen just drop

Read Sam's post:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?88529-Elite-Loot-Distribution-in-the-Kraken-Isles

The elite legendary loot for Kraken Isles drops from bosses and not from chests. Only the second tier stuff comes from the chests. And of course the arcane and mythic stuff comes from elite gold chests and locked watch crates.

xcainnblecterx
03-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Read Sam's post:

The elite legendary loot for Kraken Isles drops from bosses and not from chests. Only the second tier stuff comes from the chests. And of course the arcane and mythic stuff comes from elite gold chests and locked watch crates.
Ahhh i see well i think thats better.then having.to gamble with chests

Energizeric
03-06-2013, 12:03 AM
I like it better because everyone who you are farming with gets to see it. Last time I saw a nice item like this drop was dragon items dropping in PL. The chests take some of the fun out of it.

inkredible
03-06-2013, 03:10 AM
gratz eh