PDA

View Full Version : PvP after update. My thoughts.

Destructible
03-03-2013, 08:15 AM
I played through pvp after the new update, and here are my opinions:

- Rogues survive way too well now. Having less damage output lets them survive longer, long enough to wait for the cool down of health packs. This, combined with dodge, let's them survive very well now, especially in small battles. A little too well in my opinion.

- Mages survive longer against rogues now. The downfall is, they're even squishier now to warriors.

- Team Battles are overall quite satisfactory. Rogues don't do two-hit shots; Mages don't die in two-hit shots.

- Still wishing for the Warrior's Windmill to be nerfed. As i stated in a previous post: Keep snare, discard insane-crits.

What are your thoughts?

Infrico
03-03-2013, 08:43 AM
I really saw no difference in the recent PvP update lol.

* But yeah, windmill defo needs to be nerfed.

Bless
03-03-2013, 08:46 AM
^^^ this I didn't really notice any difference lol I'm pew pew pewing like always

Cero
03-03-2013, 12:27 PM
rogue with medic build doesnt fall easily.

and for warriors
i wish there will be "shield immunity" just like what they did to stun.

Vystirch
03-03-2013, 12:46 PM
^^^ this I didn't really notice any difference lol I'm pew pew pewing like always

Your in twink PvP little one :p

Anyway, warriors need nerf to shield and windmill.

Bless
03-03-2013, 01:18 PM

Your in twink PvP little one :p

Anyway, warriors need nerf to shield and windmill. same rules apply :P and warrior has always needed the nerf

hotpimp
03-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Amen, warrior need to nerfed.
Let's start protesting,
#occupykraag2013

Vystirch
03-03-2013, 01:24 PM
same rules apply :P and warrior has always needed the nerf

Your still a "little one" :)

Bless
03-03-2013, 02:30 PM
same rules apply :P and warrior has always needed the nerf

Your still a "little one" :) haha cool im 14 so yah

Jackyll
03-03-2013, 05:53 PM
damage increase is working correctly, and the right amount. Tapping is actually unecessary as windmill on its own ticks damage once cast so spare your fingers the bleeding! The outlier here seems to be the sword proc combined with everything else, which was nerfed a bit to compensate recently. Note that since windmill ticks off like 4 or 5 attacks per cast, each of those ticks has a chance to proc the sword, hence the overload of damage.

Is it working as designed? technically yes, but it's outside of a combination we anticipated. We will keep an eye on it, and if we feel it is out of control we can bring the damage down a bit to level it out. Not just yet though.

Seriously every post today on PvP is about windmill needing to be nerfed. It has already been addressed and is being monitored. There for it does not NEED to be nerfed in ANY way. (See above)

PvP is balanced in my opinion and no changes need to be made.

hotpimp
03-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Remove the windmill snare glitch

wolfkult
03-03-2013, 06:43 PM
There is no "windmill" glitch, that's ridiculous. Any attack can crit and a warrior w/ vengeance/ribbit/vorpal can crit on all of windmill's 4 or 5 ticks. That's it, no glitch/bug.

Anyway, I notice a difference. I don't die or kill in one or two shots anymore in PvP. But IMO this helped warriors even more because they get more ticks on HoT -- even harder to take down a well-geared one.

Infrico
03-03-2013, 06:43 PM
haha cool im 14 so yah

fo rizzle?

Energizeric
03-03-2013, 07:03 PM
I think what needs to be nerfed is not the windmill itself but it's range. It is a melee attack yet seems to have incredible range. The actual range should match the visual. If in the graphics I don't see the sword near me, it should not be hitting/stunning me.

Since warriors are close range/melee fighters they should always win the up close battles with a mage or rogue. It is the job of a mage or rogue to kite them. However with the incredible range of their melee attacks it makes kiting them pretty impossible. That is what they should change.

Natrich
03-03-2013, 07:22 PM
The only thing that needs to be nerfed for warrior is multiple horn heals, literally impossible to take down a group if they all lineup their heals. Make a cooldown similar to the stun-cooldown.

instead of doing this dumb damage reduction update, sorcerers' armor should just have been increased by ~20%. Top geared warriors/rogues are annoying to kill now

Limsi
03-03-2013, 08:05 PM
How about per tick gives 200-300 damage ea, and that 5 ticks would accumulate to 1k plus overall damage?

Destructible
03-04-2013, 01:15 AM
How about per tick gives 200-300 damage ea, and that 5 ticks would accumulate to 1k plus overall damage?

I have been killed within one tick on my warrior, with that one tick resulting in massive 3000+ damage. 1K damage as overall is okay, but anything more is just crazy.

Limsi
03-04-2013, 02:11 AM
See? Even tanks one hitting their fellas - outrageous. I'd also think that if ever a tank makes a crit on those ticks it should at least accumulate not more than 2-3k. Should the crit chance be lowered? No I don't think so, but of course not as high as of those rogues who specialize in the crit department, I'm not saying that it comes to a point where it becomes too low, but hey you got the snare to assure the pace of your opponent to decrease. Should the warriors have their hoR removed? No, it's perfectly fine! Should it then be modified? Probably? I'm not so sure but there should be something done on the windmill thing.

Nothing against those who use this tactic to deal heavy damage with insane crits as I would use it if I were a tank to assure good kills :), but hey maybe something needs to be done. Thanks for the honest reply, Destructible.

Bless
03-04-2013, 02:12 AM
damage increase is working correctly, and the right amount. Tapping is actually unecessary as windmill on its own ticks damage once cast so spare your fingers the bleeding! The outlier here seems to be the sword proc combined with everything else, which was nerfed a bit to compensate recently. Note that since windmill ticks off like 4 or 5 attacks per cast, each of those ticks has a chance to proc the sword, hence the overload of damage.

Is it working as designed? technically yes, but it's outside of a combination we anticipated. We will keep an eye on it, and if we feel it is out of control we can bring the damage down a bit to level it out. Not just yet though.

Seriously every post today on PvP is about windmill needing to be nerfed. It has already been addressed and is being monitored. There for it does not NEED to be nerfed in ANY way. (See above)

PvP is balanced in my opinion and no changes need to be made. Classes are not balanced, find me a fresh quote that proves me wrong as that quote is before the update. Mages are underpowered, theres a difference between underpowered and crap.

Seriously I advise you to play on a mage against a warrior. Warriors shouldnt be dealing these damage spikes, my L16 rogue twink got one hit crit by a warriors windmill lol.

Limsi
03-04-2013, 02:17 AM
Another thought, If I could recall: there's the thread regarding the update lowering the damage burst in pvp to prevent one shot kills. This was implemented to create a room for strategy and that spare everyone from being one-shotted and of course encourage players to work their build out by experimenting. I don't see that happening atm :l

bluotaku
03-04-2013, 02:29 AM
There is no "windmill" glitch, that's ridiculous. Any attack can crit and a warrior w/ vengeance/ribbit/vorpal can crit on all of windmill's 4 or 5 ticks. That's it, no glitch/bug.

Anyway, I notice a difference. I don't die or kill in one or two shots anymore in PvP. But IMO this helped warriors even more because they get more ticks on HoT -- even harder to take down a well-geared one.

Even though devs have not confirmed a glitch, it acts like one. If you have only 1 pt in windmill or take windmill with snare upgrade, you crit AND hit normally for over 1k easily (with VB active). If you add a point to any other wm upgrades, you lose the insane crits and insane normal hit dmg. It doesn't make any sense. How would your damage output DECREASE after putting a point in an upgrade that is supposed to INCREASE your damage.

The only saving grace for this non-glitch is that it means warriors who are using it have low range and short duration for their windmills. They only use it right after they proc a stun from SM. Otherwise, it would be too easy to run or stun them and waste their WM.

Infrico
03-04-2013, 03:15 AM
How can sts not see these problems, if you play one minute of PvP you will automatically see the problems lol.

Destructible
03-05-2013, 02:03 AM
How can sts not see these problems, if you play one minute of PvP you will automatically see the problems lol.

Agreed. A dev had stated before that it was working as intended:

But yet, this snare-crit is really causing some serious pvp unbalance.

Too much of a good thing isn't good. :torn: