PDA

View Full Version : My proposal to balance CTF (it's a good one)

gundamsone
03-03-2013, 08:09 PM
From the past few weeks, most players have complained about the warrior class as OP and dominating.
Right now we can all agree that a warrior plays far too many roles in a CTF game; tanking, flagging, support, killing, ks, & many more!
Their high armor & hp, healing & invulnerability skills, and constant skill spam with insane amounts of stun slow & damage contributes to this.

When you look at balancing issues in this case you cannot simply look at it from a 1v1 perspective b/c it is CTF, a 5v5 game.
Nerfing or buffing a class imo will only need to more troubles and other classes demanding equality.

Here is my proposal.
My suggestion is to limit their mana regen capabilities so they are not constantly spamming that windmill and 100% stun skyhammer.
Warriors already have it easy and they should definetley be able to conserve mana and use their skills at the right time which will still make them an effective and useful class.
But as of right now, it takes no brains to play a warrior and be dominating...just spam those skills whenever available.

My second suggestion is to remove some of the capabilities on the horn of renew.
Allies should NOT receive the same bonuses as the caster. Perhaps limit the invincibility to allies to 1 second instead of 2 or lower the heal rate to allies.
Keep in mind warrior's are not the mage class but they seem to be the only class as of right now that can give the best and most valuable party buffs.

Just a reminder that this is a suggestion for CTF so please don't base your criticisms on a 1v1 scenario.

Jackyll
03-03-2013, 08:21 PM
I agree, but i have some issues with the statement.

Skyward is not 100% stun chance.

Im ok with removing party affects on HoR, i'll heal myself you guys can worry about yourselfs. BUT this is, as you sai, 5vs5 so then what about the team aspect?

Nerfing Warriors mana regen COULD be a solution but honestly Rogues and Sorcerers can spam attacks with almost INSTANT cool down times and run out of mana. So i wouldn't so much nerf the mana regen but extend the cool down, but for ALL classes not just warrior.

Limsi
03-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Agree with what most of you said. I'd like to add that the windmill should work like this: Per tick should only do 200-300 damage so the overall tick should only accumulate to 1k plus damage for the overall, not the insane 2-3k plus when accumulated. The snare should stay IMO as long as the damage would be lessened. Another is the insane chance of stun per skyhammer, at least lower it perhaps?

Okay, now back to acquiring new gear - atm I'm using full level 21 equips, tata!

Lady_Pebbles
03-03-2013, 08:28 PM
I also agree but would like to add that their range should be nerfed. Axe Throw has a long range (even when it isn't charged), Windmill as well, even Skyward Smash. Theres no reason a Warrior should have such high range imo.

gundamsone
03-03-2013, 08:29 PM
I agree, but i have some issues with the statement.

Skyward is not 100% stun chance.

Im ok with removing party affects on HoR, i'll heal myself you guys can worry about yourselfs. BUT this is, as you sai, 5vs5 so then what about the team aspect?

Nerfing Warriors mana regen COULD be a solution but honestly Rogues and Sorcerers can spam attacks with almost INSTANT cool down times and run out of mana. So i wouldn't so much nerf the mana regen but extend the cool down, but for ALL classes not just warrior.
Skysmash honestly stuns more than the % stated in the skill description.
Yes I said CTF is a team based game but your role is already defined...why on earth does your class want to DO EVERYTHING. Find me one mmo out there where the melee class provides more valuable buffs than the other classes.
Regarding cooldowns, they are fine as it is and should not be touched. There's going to be hundreds of rants on PVP being too much auto atk spam if cooldowns are extended

gundamsone
03-03-2013, 08:35 PM
guys lol stop trying to nerf everything about their class.
I think a simple mana nerf would be a simple solution to this OP.

Honestly when I die, 2 things go through my head.
Is a warrior going to be outside my spawn area ready to sky stun me and windmill me to death? or am I going to join the frenzy and die again to their windmill.
And why on earth should rogues be running for their dear lives when they run out of mana? Does a warrior ever need to run for their life...to me they're always the ones doing the chasing.

Just nerf the mana regen on the evil eye skill and most of the problems will be solved.

gundamsone
03-03-2013, 08:50 PM
I also agree but would like to add that their range should be nerfed. Axe Throw has a long range (even when it isn't charged), Windmill as well, even Skyward Smash. Theres no reason a Warrior should have such high range imo.

Triple post o well...
I agree with you on the range but I don't think range is the issue. Most of the times I turn the corner only to be stunned by the hammer or pulled back by the axe.
Like seriously? when do atks hit through walls.

SouLBlizzard
03-03-2013, 10:20 PM
HoR and vengeblood should have longer cooldown and not party buff.Seems like warrior can cover any damage that I have dealt with just venge and HoR.So make them have longer cooldown.

Energizeric
03-03-2013, 11:35 PM
It's the range too. Ranged weapons like guns and bows should be able to hit from further away than a warrior with his sword or axe. Currently that is just not so.

Lady_Pebbles
03-03-2013, 11:48 PM
Triple post o well...
I agree with you on the range but I don't think range is the issue. Most of the times I turn the corner only to be stunned by the hammer or pulled back by the axe.
Like seriously? when do atks hit through walls.

What do you mean triple post? I only see one. o_O

Yeah it* gets really old when they can catch up to Mages and Rogues rather quickly.. And skip from enemy base with the flag to their base like the big ugly dude from The Goonies saying "hey maaaaa!!!" (swear to god thats what I picture in head half the time lmao).

Smh.. Seriously its like they have no limitations at all.

Szangheili
03-04-2013, 12:19 AM
Ok, so when the Rogues were 1-2 shooting everyone with their bows, nobody cried. Now that warriors are spanking you guys, the whole community goes berserk? Seriously...

Limsi
03-04-2013, 01:00 AM
Ok, so when the Rogues were 1-2 shooting everyone with their bows, nobody cried. Now that warriors are spanking you guys, the whole community goes berserk? Seriously...

This only applies to unshielded mages, fellow rogues and under-geared warriors, apart from that it's less likely to happen due to the high armor and health of these warriors not to mention their HoR. If they could deliver the same amount of damage with a higher health and armor percentage, that becomes the problem here. Hell even the aimed shot could not stun as opposed to the snare effects of the windmill.

Natrich
03-04-2013, 05:39 PM
So i wouldn't so much nerf the mana regen but extend the cool down, but for ALL classes not just warrior.
Exactly, this change in addition to the damage reduction might have been best.

I also agree but would like to add that their range should be nerfed. Axe Throw has a long range (even when it isn't charged), Windmill as well, even Skyward Smash.

SS has too much range, that's for sure. Axe throw maybe dimmed down a bit, but the whole point of the skill is to be long range. Unglitched windmill is fine

Lady_Pebbles
03-04-2013, 05:54 PM
When my Mage or Rogue is in front of the spawn entrance and the Warrior uses Axe Throw from the base entrance, my toon gets hit. It shouldn't be THAT long of a range lol.