PDA

View Full Version : Group XP

SirMageR
03-04-2013, 05:02 PM
Do you gain the same amount of XP in A group as you do solo?

darthdlo
03-04-2013, 05:23 PM
As long as ur buy kill u get xp solo or in group

Rollo
03-04-2013, 05:33 PM
As long as ur buy kill u get xp solo or in group

That's not what he asked.
I would like to know the answer to this as well. I've heard that when you group up you get better exp. Is this true or false?

Addicted
03-04-2013, 06:08 PM
Yes, you get bonus xp when there are other players with you. One of the in-game tips states:

"Tip: When playing with others you gain an experience bonus for each additional player!"

lovestriker
03-05-2013, 01:58 AM
@Addicted I never saw that tip! Thanks alot! :D

Destructible
03-05-2013, 02:10 AM
Yes playing with more players in a map does increase XP received. However, map difficulty also scales along with the number of players.

The more the players, the creepier the creeps.

Genuinous
03-05-2013, 06:10 AM
Does this only apply with being in a map with more people, or only if you party with those people? Don't like party pugs, that's why i'm asking :)

Chili
03-05-2013, 09:01 AM
I'm wanting to know the same ^

Destructible
03-06-2013, 01:42 AM
Does this only apply with being in a map with more people, or only if you party with those people? Don't like party pugs, that's why i'm asking :)

Being in a map with more people also increases difficulty. That's my experience, anyway. :)

Addicted
03-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Being in a map with more people also increases difficulty. That's my experience, anyway. :)

My experience with this is that difficulty is scaled based on character level, not number of players in the group. If a higher level character enters the map, it does increase the difficulty.

I have one of my toons that I leveled up mostly solo to get more kills. I soloed the same maps over and over and just kept using same low level gear as long as I could. I noticed that the difficulty increased on the same map as my toon hit level 15, and again at level 20 where it took longer to kill the boss and the boss hits were harder.

I have tested this, and I don't think number of players in a party increases difficulty, but if you are say level 18 and you enter a map with a level 21 player, it will be more difficult than if you entered a map with other players at level 18 or lower.

Genuinous
03-06-2013, 12:41 PM

Yes that is obvious. I meant xp wise. So if there are 4 of you in a party farming, would you get more xp than if you were just pugging and not in a party. So is there a difference whether i'm in a party or not? And I do not mean difficulty, I mean xp.

KillaSkillz
03-06-2013, 07:27 PM
I don't think party or just pug makes a difference. I'm pretty sure the difference in xp comes from
1. Running solo vs. running a group of 4 players.
2. Running higher level maps/ or with higher level players.

Both will increase difficulty of the enemies, from my observations, and in turn increase the amount of xp earned.

I don't know how much of a difference there is though.

Minesweeper
04-19-2013, 11:58 AM
I don't think party or just pug makes a difference. I'm pretty sure the difference in xp comes from
1. Running solo vs. running a group of 4 players.
2. Running higher level maps/ or with higher level players.

Both will increase difficulty of the enemies, from my observations, and in turn increase the amount of xp earned.

I don't know how much of a difference there is though.

Js ik im off subject but i love ur siggy!!!!

seanymph
04-19-2013, 03:10 PM
BTW, the map difficulty due to a higher level changes ONLY in crypts. (WT, KT, Hauntlet)