PDA

View Full Version : Depraved Blades vs Agile Lifethief... Something wrong

porcello
03-05-2013, 06:55 AM
Hi! I've noticed that the Depraved Blades (Potency and Brutality) are doing less damage than other weapons...
An example...
Agile Lifethief of Force lvl 21 -> 89.6 dps
Depraved Blades of Brutality lvl 21 -> 97.7 dps
Anyway i'm doing a lot more damage, with normal attack, charged and critical, with the Agile Lifethief!
Other friends noticed the same problem on weapon lvl 25....
Now... it's our impression, a bug, or something i can't understand? :ambivalence:
Thanx for your patience :-)

yoho
03-05-2013, 07:52 AM
Concerning DPS output, even LvL 21 Agile Lifethiefs are better than all other lvl25-26 rogue weapons in the game.

ishyrionek
03-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Yes, i heard about it in guild too. But dps isnt dmg. So maybe charging time of skills is shorter?

elitewarrio
03-05-2013, 08:24 AM
Concerning DPS output, even LvL 21 Agile Lifethiefs are better than all other lvl25-26 rogue weapons in the game. also of alp25?

GoodSyntax
03-05-2013, 08:33 AM
Check the DMG stat between the two. Depraved Blades have much higher damage rating, but are simply slower than LifeThief's. As a rough estimate, I would say that the uncharged auto-attack of LifeThief's is about 30% faster than the Depraved Blades, hence the better DPS value for the LifeThief.

I know everyone is concerned about DPS, but DMG has a much greater impact on your skill damage. This is the main reason why you see so many Rogues with Bows in PvP. The Bow has a better base DMG stat than nearly any other weapon, so with top-line DMG stats an Aimed Shot will do more damage (especially if it crits).

Limsi
03-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Comparing an elite lvl 25 weapon to that of which came out from a crate is a big no no.

just comment
03-05-2013, 10:58 AM
i think the problem is on lifethief ..
as i know lifethief and heartseeker has the same stats, but they have different proc ..
but practically, lifethief will do far more higher dmg than heartseeker ..
i notice it since dead city expansion, first time i think it is bug ..
but sts never fix it, so i think sts intentionally put it to the game for some reason i don't even know ..
i guess it is because the game is very early and as dmg dealer rogue weapons are not good enough to do dmg on this early lvl ..
so they need to put secret weapon that can pump rogue dmg, so rogue will be balanced ..

Lojack
03-05-2013, 12:14 PM
I have a bug in on this, it should get more balanced in the future

Thanks

piskydps
03-05-2013, 01:13 PM
i have a rogue lvl 26 with 355 dps...with depraved...of potency.(lvl 26)
i'm an officer of the porcello's guild...and i think the same because i make more damage with agile lifethief...my critical damage with depraved is 180-200 whith agile lifethief of potency lvl 21 i make critical 600 or more...i have the same results in pvp...with agile lifethief of potecy i have a lot of one shot (kill a player with one shot) whit depraved i never have this...

GoodSyntax
03-05-2013, 01:24 PM

Thanks

So sell them now! :-)

auctioneerman
03-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Selling alp 25 for 1.9m
pm lucystrike

porcello
03-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Check the DMG stat between the two. Depraved Blades have much higher damage rating, but are simply slower than LifeThief's.

example:
+2.5 dmg
+4.4 dps

Anyway i really don't know why, talking in simple words, it takes more time to kill a mob with DB than AL, even DMG and DPS are higher on the DB...

yoho
03-05-2013, 02:08 PM

Thanks

Balanced means less output from lifethiefs or more for depraved?

blakadder
03-05-2013, 02:26 PM

Thanks

Do you have the bug on the windmill+cripple dealing more dmg than a rogue issue??? will that be also fixed?

wvhills
03-05-2013, 04:00 PM

Thanks

So, first rogues had our stun nerfed, then we had our damage nerfed and now ur saying we're going to have our weapons nerfed? Smh.
I guess we should all just create warriors.

yoho
03-05-2013, 04:17 PM
So, first rogues had our stun nerfed, then we had our damage nerfed and now ur saying we're going to have our weapons nerfed? Smh.
I guess we should all just create warriors.
Balancing is not always nerfing, so let's hope new weapons for rogues come out, or existing ones, like depraved/slicing get some function (may be same damage output dynamics as lifethiefs)

Zyphruss
03-05-2013, 04:29 PM

Thanks

Which is bugged, Agile lifethief or the Depraved Blades? I hope you fix the depraved lol! We need more damage. :)

wvhills
03-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Balancing is not always nerfing, so let's hope new weapons for rogues come out, or existing ones, like depraved/slicing get some function (may be same damage output dynamics as lifethiefs)

ur right but it seems like they are working from the opinion that rogues do too much damage. I hope ur right but I bet there will be a nerf rather than a buff. :(

GoodSyntax
03-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Isn't there another Depraved Blade (of Brutality I think) where the DMG is substantially higher?

Either way, I stand corrected, I though that ALP had higher DPS, but DB had higher DMG.

GoodSyntax
03-05-2013, 07:31 PM
ur right but it seems like they are working from the opinion that rogues do too much damage. I hope ur right but I bet there will be a nerf rather than a buff. :(

Please, no more. Rogues were nerfed enough with the last update. No more nerfing of Rogues. If anything needs a nerf it is Warriors with their 18m attack range!

lovestriker
03-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Please, no more. Rogues were nerfed enough with the last update. No more nerfing of Rogues. If anything needs a nerf it is Warriors with their 18m attack range!

18m </3

Now I'm confused on which weapon to get. DBP 26 or ALP 21

CosmoxKramer
03-06-2013, 10:49 AM
As a rough estimate, I would say that the uncharged auto-attack of LifeThief's is about 30% faster than the Depraved Blades, hence the better DPS value for the LifeThief.

Both Agile Lifethief and Depraved Blades have the same attack speed
DPS / Damage = Attacks per second
1 / Attacks per second = attack speed
1.8 attacks per second or .556 attack speed

JaytB
03-06-2013, 02:18 PM
I just bought that lv21 agile life thief of potency weapon and tested it out. Dmg and skill Dmg isn't that much different from heartseekers, but all I can say is WOW! What a huge difference in practice. My guess is there's something wrong, the difference in total Dmg output is simply too huge. The numbers don't match the real Dmg output at all IMO.

My noob 21 rogue isn't complaining though :D

lovestriker
03-06-2013, 10:05 PM
I did a little bit of math here in this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?87994-Assault-V-S-Potency-what-s-the-difference/page2

Although the numbers show that Debraved blades of Pot/Brut lvl 26 total damage is still higher than ALP lvl 21, everyone seems to say ALP is still better. Has anyone thoroughly compared these two weapons? Right now I'm leaning towards ALP, but I just want be abosulutely sure. Thank you. :)

(This is coming from an Agi Heartseekers of Tactics user)

Heiki
03-06-2013, 11:43 PM
It's common knowledge that Lifethiefs are bugged and sometimes crit for over 600 damage (even at 21) making it the only weapon worth getting (even of the clever kind).

Why it hasn't been fixed is as mind boggling as why the windmill glitch on warriors hasn't either.

But yea, rogues enjoyed doing a lot more damage than intended for a long time now.

SkyDagger
03-06-2013, 11:57 PM

Agreed with this :( cause now i cant kill in pvp -.- neither sorc or warrior both.. ive got good weapon and armors but still lack of damage now
were all same now to the sorcerer.. and state like welcome to the world of sorcerer

lovestriker
03-07-2013, 12:01 AM
It's common knowledge that Lifethiefs are bugged and sometimes crit for over 600 damage (even at 21) making it the only weapon worth getting (even of the clever kind).

Why it hasn't been fixed is as mind boggling as why the windmill glitch on warriors hasn't either.

But yea, rogues enjoyed doing a lot more damage than intended for a long time now.

Ok. ALP it is then. lvl 21 only for now. I am nowhere near the price of ALP 25. :P

Oh btw my guildmate said Nefarious Hooks are better (he has one). Well they are arcane weapons, so I guess that's understandable.

Akaee
03-07-2013, 01:50 AM

Thanks

This bug has already been reported many times since when the alp came out. Hope it will be corrected soon so we can trust the stats shown in our screen. Also it has much impact on trading prices alp going sky-high and higher rated weapons selling for peanuts at the moment.

Ravager
03-08-2013, 06:53 PM
For those unsure, it is any blade that says life thief (clever, mighty, agile). It can be of potency or force or whatever. As long as it says life thief. The damage spikes high is what the bug is on any attack. More noticeable if you just mash attack in a mob. The blades can be any level.

Ravager
03-08-2013, 07:18 PM
I did a little bit of math here in this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?87994-Assault-V-S-Potency-what-s-the-difference/page2

Although the numbers show that Debraved blades of Pot/Brut lvl 26 total damage is still higher than ALP lvl 21, everyone seems to say ALP is still better. Has anyone thoroughly compared these two weapons? Right now I'm leaning towards ALP, but I just want be abosulutely sure. Thank you. :)

(This is coming from an Agi Heartseekers of Tactics user)

As of right now, the alp are better.

I don't remember the exact numbers but I will estimate. These are non-critical attacks.
With L 25 Mighty Lifethief of Potency:
damage: between 120-900

With L 25 Depraved of Brutality
damage: about 150

With L 25 Agile Lifethief of Potency
damage: about 140-920

With L 21 Agile Lifethief of Potency
damage: about 100-850

Anything of lifethief also has AOE. The damage spikes and aoe help to kill mobs quickly in elite mode and kill/kill steal in PVP. What you see in the stats screen is not always the same as what you see on the game screen and vice versa. That's why sometimes people will call them out as bugs such as this case.

Mysticaleagle
03-09-2013, 09:17 AM
Why did you say it..........

euromikeym
03-09-2013, 01:27 PM
I too have recently upgraded from 21 Agile Life to 25 Depraved Brutality and have been very disappointed with the outcome. They seem slow and sluggish compared to the Agiles.

SuRfY
03-09-2013, 02:09 PM
I too have recently upgraded from 21 Agile Life to 25 Depraved Brutality and have been very disappointed with the outcome. They seem slow and sluggish compared to the Agiles.

Maybe it's a wrong spelling..instead of depraved, it should be called deprived...lol

Zanpakuto
03-09-2013, 11:12 PM
Use your lifethiefs while u can! Play with my friend and they just bought some depraved 26. And you know what? Lifethiefs hit way harder than any other weapon in the game regardless of level! I'm guessing that the depraved were functuining normally. If they're going to patch, it will definitely be decreasing the damage from the life thief line. Just for fun we bought other level 21 weapons and yes they were worse than the 26 depraved, but nothing beats life thief even at 21! Doesn't matter which kind u get!

Carapace
03-10-2013, 02:20 AM

We did find a math error on all life thief weapons, and it will be addressed in the next patch I believe.

In regards to windmill I would keep your eyes on the forums, as we are working on some stuff related to this.

Limsi
03-10-2013, 02:38 AM
We did find a math error on all life thief weapons, and it will be addressed in the next patch I believe.

In regards to windmill I would keep your eyes on the forums, as we are working on some stuff related to this.

I see, guess it's getting nerfed. I do hope the new weapons would perform decent! Thanks.

pandakeyes
03-10-2013, 03:01 AM

would the new weopons have a buff? the rogue class already suffered a major nerf in dps recently and we are completely outclassed in close range by warriors in pvp? whats gonna be for us when you nerf our only decent weopon? would there be a major rogue dagger skill boost? hope so.

Noblesse
03-10-2013, 03:01 AM
Nvm lol

Mysticaleagle
03-10-2013, 05:41 AM
You nerf alp, you reset time runs. Ofc.

JaytB
03-10-2013, 05:53 AM

I agree, timed runs should be reset. I bet the best times are ran with a couple of rogues using life thief weapons.

Mysticaleagle
03-10-2013, 05:57 AM
I agree, timed runs should be reset. I bet the best times are ran with a couple of rogues using life thief weapons.

Yes, and most of them were made yesterday ''let's do it before they nerf alps so no one can beat us''. So, I presume they will reset, or again, it'll be completely unfair even if I honestly don't care but others will.

JaytB
03-10-2013, 06:09 AM
Yes, and most of them were made yesterday ''let's do it before they nerf alps so no one can beat us''. So, I presume they will reset, or again, it'll be completely unfair even if I honestly don't care but others will.

Same for me, I couldn't care less for lb's. I haven't even looked at them yet lol. It just seems fair to reset times, cause they were achieved by exploiting a bug.

Mysticaleagle
03-10-2013, 06:11 AM
Same for me, I couldn't care less for lb's. I haven't even looked at them yet lol. It just seems fair to reset times, cause they were achieved by exploiting a bug.

I do care for now (not really :p), since I was #1 hauntlet enhanced with my team, when Avshow (btw, I thought you quit ;)) and his team just took them (I was level 24 when we did) and now I sold lifethiefs since they getting fixed. So, it ain't the end of the world, but ya know.

Limsi
03-10-2013, 06:58 AM
I do care for now (not really :p), since I was #1 hauntlet enhanced with my team, when Avshow (btw, I thought you quit ;)) and his team just took them (I was level 24 when we did) and now I sold lifethiefs since they getting fixed. So, it ain't the end of the world, but ya know.

Sorry, we were just farming for shiloh, commemorate Av's 1.5k hauntlet run and at the same time doing couple of runs before Av quits the game. We just missed the times when we dominated s2 haunt. We we're originally beating the pure rec but then I had to claim my lix from shaz - who gave me a speed elixir and that another one from our team accidentally hit the damage lix while farming. No intentions to beat your rec :(

Avshow
03-10-2013, 09:41 AM
All are in the same standard just like season2 , there is not unfair place for records coz everyone use it

Jellowpy
03-10-2013, 10:07 AM

I hope Rogue Arcane Weopon could get some love too even if iam a minority voicing about how underwhelming they are for being an arcane weapon..

yoho
03-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Yes,
if there will be no chance to break the times with similar quality weapon/gear (new top-weapon?)

All are in the same standard just like season2 , there is not unfair place for records coz everyone use it
Current records are Fair and well Deserved. Noone argues skills of ppl that make it there.
Yet again,
if records can't be beaten after lifethiefs 'fix' - just give LB banners right after update. Or reset records.

Mysticaleagle
03-10-2013, 12:45 PM
GG. I'm done with recs anyways.