PDA

View Full Version : what's there to do in AL now?

wvhills
03-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Hey guys, before the last update I spent about two hours in game everyday. The two main things I spent my time on were pvp and elite farming. This last update ruined pvp for me. I'm a rogue and the nerf hit me pretty hard. I feel like I was a pretty decent player (not the best but still well above average) and it's not just because I was a rogue. In fact, I found that other rogues were the easiest and would hunt rogues when I saw then (except for about 5 rogues who I had a hard time against, lol). But now I refuse to go in get swarmed by warriors who I can't kill and have insane crits.

So....I respeced out of my pvp build and into a pretty good pve build. My damage is 190 with 861 armor with trap, smoke, razor and aimed. Before the update you could run jarl or towers with pretty much any pug you found yourself in. Now that's impossible. My guild is full of top players and it takes us 10 min and me spamming about 100 pots (not an exaggeration) to do a non sea run (takes 3 or 4 min for sea but still lots of pots). I've tried doing a few elite runs with pugs and we all know that's impossible.

So I've went from spending a few hours in game to 1) log in 2) check to see if guild is on 3) guild not on 4) log out. I guess I could just do the regular pirate maps but I can't find the motivation for that either because I know the best I will loot is some crap pink.

Is there something else to do in game that I'm missing? I've been watching auction the last few days and may start merching. The only other thing I can think of is make a warrior and level up and start owning everyone in pvp.

***I know I'm going to get a few people telling me they can solo kraken elites with any pug they find in less than 3 minutes because they're the best player in the know universe and the rest of us are just stupid noobs. To those who feel tempted to post something like that: I know ur the ultimate Arcane Legends player and nothing can destroy you. I mean what can we mere mortals do who have no where near the expertise and skills that you do.***

Rare
03-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Dude... just get better. I can solo any elite map in under 4 minutes. I am the second best player in the known universe behind Common. Please recognize my ultimateness.

Vystirch
03-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Elite maps are the thing to do, also merch I personally love to merch. If your guild isn't on to run elite, either try to solo (gurgle pots) or make new friends :)

Also on a side note, yes PvP for rouges is ruined.

-Vys

Skidmarkz
03-05-2013, 02:40 PM

-Vys

Welcome to the mage's life... At least rogue's still has pve...

wvhills
03-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Elite maps are the thing to do, also merch I personally love to merch. If your guild isn't on to run elite, either try to solo (gurgle pots) or make new friends :)

-Vys

the thing is is I don't think spamming 100 pots and taking 15 min to do a run is fun. I may as well quit here and go play WoW.

LwMark
03-05-2013, 02:52 PM
I posted this in another thread, but it bears repeating here:

There are continued refinements coming [to Elite Maps], along with additional PvP balance changes (and some new content too). Stay tuned for more info and thanks for your input and support of Arcane Legends!

Soon be fixed

Natrich
03-05-2013, 03:05 PM
yea, elite mob hp is bound to go down. Just be patient.

xcainnblecterx
03-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Im done with al for now except to merch. My fav toon (sorc) is practically useless unless i spend 100+k for gear or at least try to respec. Unfortunately i haven't had no free plat offers in weeks. So your not the only one asking this

CrimsonTider
03-05-2013, 03:26 PM
I am a lvl 16 warrior. *hint hint* :)

wvhills
03-05-2013, 03:35 PM

Lol! I haven't seen you or jay in game. I thought y'all quit. You just have secret alts!

FluffNStuff
03-05-2013, 03:38 PM

I have a level 13 running away as fast as they can bow rouge.

CrimsonTider
03-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Lol! I haven't seen you or jay in game. I thought y'all quit.

That was my hint. ;)

wvhills
03-05-2013, 03:45 PM
That was my hint. ;)

Hahahahahahaha! I get it. :)
I'm a little slow due to lack of caffeine. hehe.

Pandamoni
03-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Hahahahahahaha! I get it. :)
I'm a little slow due to lack of caffeine. hehe.

Well I don't get it. Once again, lost...Always lost. lol

Crim, I'm going to try to hunt you down and bug you now that I know you're in AL.

wvhills
03-05-2013, 03:56 PM

Crim, I'm going to try to hunt you down and bug you now that I know you're in AL.

Hahaha. His level 16 isn't 16 because it's a twink. It's a 16 because that's where he quit playing. Lol.

CrimsonTider
03-05-2013, 04:02 PM

Dear Freakazoid,

I may stop by Kraag for the occasional "Hello" or cannon death, but my playing days have long past. Please feel free to stalk me as you please. However, finding me strolling through your AL friends list will be just as difficult as finding a non-elixered player in PL. Hope all is well and that you haven't gotten lost too much in your AL adventures.

Yours truly,

Crim

P.S. A guest appearance can be made upon request. ;)

P.P.S. Don't get your hopes up.

P.S.P.S. I'm kidding!

P.P.P.S.S.S. Maybe

Pandamoni
03-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Dear Freakazoid,

I may stop by Kraag for the occasional "Hello" or cannon death, but my playing days have long past. Please feel free to stalk me as you please. However, finding me strolling through your AL friends list will be just as difficult as finding a non-elixered player in PL. Hope all is well and that you haven't gotten lost too much in your AL adventures.

Yours truly,

Crim

P.S. A guest appearance can be made upon request. ;)

P.P.S. Don't get your hopes up.

P.S.P.S. I'm kidding!

P.P.P.S.S.S. Maybe

Well, thank God Rob served as my translator...I still wasn't understanding what the heck you were talking about hahaha

I hope I catch you on one of your "guest appearances" (does that count as a request?)

JaytB
03-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Noobs :p

inkredible
03-05-2013, 04:45 PM

-Vys

makin new friends is a def, lol i made a lot of friends from diff guild pvp alone ,
from misfits, hof, vengence, pheonix , animosity, etc etc all have good players, just make friends
- friends in this game make it more fun.. other than that.. i can see where ur comin from.. its borin and not much to do
like same thing everyday - but sociailizing makes it different... try pvp one more time, i guess stay away from a group witha lot of warriors or be in one lol

Rare
03-05-2013, 04:46 PM

CrimsonTider
03-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Noobs :p

Glad to see your arthritis medication allows you to type. ;)

Energizeric
03-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Perhaps I just see things different because I'm a merchant, but when the elite dungeons are harder, the end result is that the rewards are higher. Supply and demand determines the price. If the dungeons are too hard for most, then the prices of the loot will be very high.

I constantly see folks complaining about stuff like this. Would you prefer that it be much easier and that the elite pinks each are worth 5k? Or would you prefer that it be easier but the chances of getting a pink be much lower? I can recall lots of folks complaining that they opened so many chests but no pinks. So STS increased the drop rates of pinks in the last update. I'm not really sure what everyone wants....

In PL they increased drop rates everywhere and the result is that prices on everything crashed and everyone now says the economy in PL is ruined. Do you want that to happen in AL?

I get the feeling that folks want easy dungeons, lots of pinks that drop, but want those pinks to be worth large amounts of money. Well sorry to say that you can't have it both ways. If you get lots of drops, so will everyone else, and they will be worth nothing.

Rare
03-05-2013, 06:53 PM
I constantly see folks complaining about stuff like this. Would you prefer that it be much easier and that the elite pinks each are worth 5k?

Why does it always have to be insanely hard or super easy?? lol

There is a middle ground.

I get the feeling that folks want easy dungeons, lots of pinks that drop, but want those pinks to be worth large amounts of money. Well sorry to say that you can't have it both ways. If you get lots of drops, so will everyone else, and they will be worth nothing.

People want goals that can be realistically accomplished. The economy in AL is already ruined. It can't be fixed. Just keep the game fun for people. Maps that take 1hr to finish are NOT fun for most people.

If it was... Elite Jarl wouldn't be so popular.

Uzii
03-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Why does it always have to be insanely hard or super easy?? lol

There is a middle ground.

People want goals that can be realistically accomplished. The economy in AL is already ruined. It can't be fixed. Just keep the game fun for people. Maps that take 1hr to finish are NOT fun for most people.

If it was... Elite Jarl wouldn't be so popular.

Oh yea Jarl is a star :biggrin:

wvhills
03-05-2013, 07:10 PM
Perhaps I just see things different because I'm a merchant, but when the elite dungeons are harder, the end result is that the rewards are higher. Supply and demand determines the price. If the dungeons are too hard for most, then the prices of the loot will be very high.

I constantly see folks complaining about stuff like this. Would you prefer that it be much easier and that the elite pinks each are worth 5k? Or would you prefer that it be easier but the chances of getting a pink be much lower? I can recall lots of folks complaining that they opened so many chests but no pinks. So STS increased the drop rates of pinks in the last update. I'm not really sure what everyone wants....

In PL they increased drop rates everywhere and the result is that prices on everything crashed and everyone now says the economy in PL is ruined. Do you want that to happen in AL?

I don't care if I'm richer than other players or not. I just want the best gear to pvp and pve. I see ur point and agree that most people do want their pinks to be worth something but like aedenos said, 30 min+ to do a run plus countless deaths and potions is a bit much. My chief complaint is the elites aren't playable in a pug. If my guild or pro friends aren't on then I have nothing to do. :(

Energizeric
03-05-2013, 08:54 PM
I don't care if I'm richer than other players or not. I just want the best gear to pvp and pve. I see ur point and agree that most people do want their pinks to be worth something but like aedenos said, 30 min+ to do a run plus countless deaths and potions is a bit much. My chief complaint is the elites aren't playable in a pug. If my guild or pro friends aren't on then I have nothing to do. :(

I want the best gear too. That's the reason I play, the constant quest to obtain the best gear. Once I've gotten the best gear, I hang it up until something better comes out. The kraken isles campaign has been out less than 2 weeks, meaning there will be another 4-6 weeks before the next one. It should take the average "pro" player most of that time to obtain the best gear, otherwise it is too easy. If you are way better than average, maybe you can do it in a couple of weeks. And if you are an average player, then maybe you never do it. Not everyone in life can own a Ferrari. But it seems like folks think they are entitled to have the best gear within a few days or else they yell that it's too hard.

There should always be something more to achieve in this game. Because if I run out of new stuff to do, then I stop playing.

wvhills
03-05-2013, 08:57 PM
I want the best gear too. That's the reason I play, the constant quest to obtain the best gear. Once I've gotten the best gear, I hang it up until something better comes out. The kraken isles campaign has been out less than 2 weeks, meaning there will be another 4-6 weeks before the next one. It should take the average player most of that time to obtain the best gear, otherwise it is too easy. If you are better than average, maybe you can do it in a couple of weeks. But it seems like folks think they are entitled to have the best gear within a few days or else they yell that it's too hard.

There should always be something more to achieve in this game. Because if I run out of new stuff to do, then I stop playing.

Lower the drop rate of pinks but also decrease the difficulty of the mobs. That way gear stays rare but at least we can still play with pugs.

In another thread u said u did the last boss once and got an arcane drop. U also said u don't plan on ever doing that boss again. That just illustrates the point I was making. The way things are now doesn't encourage people to play.

Energizeric
03-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Lower the drop rate of pinks but also decrease the difficulty of the mobs. That way gear stays rare but at least we can still play with pugs.

In another thread u said u did the last boss once and got an arcane drop. U also said u don't plan on ever doing that boss again. That just illustrates the point I was making. The way things are now doesn't encourage people to play.

Fair enough. I don't mind if they do that. But last campaign everyone was complaining "I opened 55 chests and only got 2 pinks!!". So STS went ahead and increased the drop rates of pinks from elite silver and gold chests. So now the items are falling more, they just made the dungeons really hard. Either way I don't care. I just want to make sure it doesn't end up like it did in PL where nothing is worth much anymore and there is no point in farming.

I know you (and most others) judge items based on how many you see dropping to you when you farm. And you judge difficulty of the dungeons on your personal experience farming them. But I judge all of these things based on the prices and rarity (or lack thereof) of items in the CS. And when I see 35 of the same item all listed in the CS, and this is an item that is suppose to be an "elite" armor, helm or weapon, then I know there are too many of them dropping. So the way to fix this is to either make them drop less, or make the dungeon where they drop harder so fewer folks farm there. It really doesn't make a difference to me which way they do it.

In my opinion, I actually think they should make the mobs in the elite dungeons a little easier but make the bosses a little harder. Make it so we can have an easier time reaching the boss, but make the boss super hard. That will at least make it more fun.

Lalarie
03-05-2013, 09:10 PM

In another thread u said u did the last boss once and got a Legendary drop. U also said u don't plan on ever doing that boss again. That just illustrates the point I was making. The way things are now doesn't encourage people to play.

Just wanted to correct it wasnt an arcane drop ;)

Deadbite
03-05-2013, 09:22 PM
2 pinks in 55 chest??? LUCKY!!! I've opened 60 or so before for one ring not even scaled o my level...

Ruejade
03-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Well, IMO the elites are okay now... If you can't find a good party for farming, maybe make more friends?
You still can do pugs, say hello to Jarl.
You want the best gear, work hard for it then.. Not everything in life is easy as pie...
The economy in AL is fine now.. elite gears are at the correct price range....
The game will be ruined when everyone has the best gear...what then? Pvp? LoL

No offence...

Energizeric
03-06-2013, 12:08 AM
Well, IMO the elites are okay now... If you can't find a good party for farming, maybe make more friends?
You want the best gear, work hard for it then.. Not everything in life is easy as pie...

No offence...

My point exactly!

Fyrce
03-06-2013, 01:11 AM
I did some Elite Jarl PUGs. Was ok, not counting idiots and people who ran off because they saw mobs waiting. (Yes, Elite maps DO have mobs.)

Didn't really find that many people in the other Elite areas, so yes a bit slow. The ship is hell hard!

Vystirch
03-06-2013, 01:13 AM

No offence...

Spot on Rue :)

Destructible
03-06-2013, 01:37 AM
AL isn't really that fun anymore, to me.

I log on, i collect dailies, i sell, i buy, i log off.

I feel like a robot whenever i go on AL. Don't know where the fun had gone to. Still looking for it. ;)

Matutd
03-06-2013, 01:47 AM
Im almost certain that 85% of players talking about how the economy should be saved have bought gold. You can get 500k for 500 plat. People without gold before this update are the ones complaining and I agree, making gold is incredibly hard. And then all you plat buyers are going to tell me that im ruining the economy....

Darthmase
03-06-2013, 02:28 AM
Matutad is wrong.
I had a ton of gold before KI.
I was doing well and had a stockpile.
Then the expansion happened and i can't even play elite except for Jarl.
The game was balanced before but i feel they tried to overcompensate for the abundance of new players and it ruined it for some players that used to be ELITE.
I miss the old days....

Ruejade
03-06-2013, 05:22 AM
I don't get what's wrong with the elite maps... Seriously..
Too long? Most map takes about 10 minutes with a good party right? With an average one it takes about 15 then..
With an exception of elite skull cove, it's supposed to the last and hardest boss, right?
If you want to play for a short time only, then Jarl of course is the best map to farm..

WARNING: Epicly Long Life Story of Some Random Player Coming! (I can't stop after starting and realised at the end it was too long)

I started playing near the end of November 2012, and was a complete noob back then. I'm not really a social person, and is scared to ask people for help. Therefore at that time, i was playing solo all the time, and PUGs are my best buddies. However, I took my time, farmed normal chests, sold them. Farmed eggs, sold them. I still remember being so proud when I can solo normal forest just to farm normal chests. The largest amount of gold i ever held back then was 20k lol...and i was saving for a Flap Jack. Then at lv 15, I joined my first guild, which is the same guild I am in now. And for every piece of gold i earned, I was happy. I saved my gold, and conserved my pot usage I still remembered I leveled up at normal maps because I didn't know the existence of tombs back then.

I was lv 15 when the Dead City expansion was introduced, yep I never capped at 16, a bit regrettable about the banner...
It took me a week to get to lv 20. Then at that time, I was introduced to Elite Jarl. Because I capped a bit later then others (about 2 weeks after expansion), the elite gear prices has gone down a considerable amount. Yet I started farming jarl....and jarl....and jarl.... And yep... With PuGs... Although I have a guild, I'm still a bit afraid to do runs with them though at that time.

My turning point in AL is a lv 21 Mighty Juggernaut Helmet of Will( I think...) which i sold for 500k. And after that, life got easier for me as I could at least supply my pots for tower runs. Then in January 2013, I completed my end game set after purchasing a lv 21 ALP from a good friend(I still have it!), she sold it to me for 400k although cs price was 600k back then. After that, I started mixing more with my guild mates because I knew at least I'm not as impotent as before and participated in fast elite runs. Although I was constantly doing elites, the amount of gold I have never left the 600k-800k range(that lifethief!)

A few weeks before PvP was introduced, the Jarl market crashed........................
And I decided I needed a new source of income and I discovered Elite Grounds. I realised that I could do elite ground runs solo, as there is only a rare chance you'll meet a pug there. After calculating the pot costs and time requirements, I decided that solo grounds would be my new source of income. It worked well, copper for 2k, silver for 12k and golden for 30k.. The gold in my bank increased steadily over time.

Later on, PvP was introduced. I was so excited I PvPed an entire day after the release. On the second day, after I woke up, I realised that my name was on the PvP kills leaderboards. It made me so happy that I decided to maintain my position. I gave up on PvE and focused on PvP.

And then soon, the new Kraken Isles expansion was announced, I was still busy maintaining my position on leaderboards at that time. However, something hit me mentally and I started farming a bit of jarl 2 days before the expansion while still doing PvP.

And then, the KI update came. The moment I logged on, a friend who was also a guildie invited my to wt4. I followed for I realised that elite gear is very valuable a short time after the update(a lesson learned of Dead City). I tried my very best to get to lv 25 as fast as I could. At lv 23, I opened the chests I got from jarl before the expansion, and I received a lv 25 Agile Heartseekers of Brutality and a lv 25 Power Ring of Brutality. Happy that elite gears scaled to the new lv, I bought all banded chests from the cs and opened them, only to get a few worthless pinks. I sold the HoB for 200k for I knew it would be worthless soon, and got myself to lv 25.

The first thing I did when I was lv 25 is to solo elite Jarl. However after one run, I realised Jarl is not worth it due to the amount of pots needed. On that same day, a rogue and a warr, both just hit 25, invited me to new elite maps with them. I accepted, and we did the KI elite maps one by one. The only map we couldn't complete was Skull Cove. I got an elite silver chest from the 4 runs and sold it for 100k(yep it was about 10 hours after expansion at that time).

After realizing elites require better stats, I returned to lvling. Halfway to lv 26, I was introduced to Elite Hately by a very good friend. It was still quite a secret back then and not everyone knows about it. I immediately ditched wt4 and went for hately running it vigorously. I ran even more when I realised I can solo it in 3 min with lv 21 gear. I farmed the chest, sold it. And the amount of gold in my bank increased slowly.

When I heard that Reef is getting a fix, I bought cheap elite golden from cs and kept them. I sold them after the expansion. After the reef fix, I got to lv 26 and scouted for better farming spots. And I found Elite Seas. And it has been the place I preferred to farm till now. Thanks to my time spent in the arena, I made many friends who will run it with me. And when I couldn't get a perty, I spend my time Jarling with Pugs or just helping newbies in my guild.

Recently, I opened my first elite pirate golden and got a lv 26 Sealord Plate of Will which traded for my end game armor. And yesterday I went for a run at elite Grog Beach and obtained a lv 26 Bloodhammer Threads of Will which my friend helped me to sell them.

================================================== ===============================

Main Content Starts Here:

Well, I started as an introverted newbie, and now I have a capped rogue with a PvP kills banner(okay, I was bragging a bit) and with almost 6m in my bank. All this while I enjoyed my time in AL. You don't have to spend thousands of plat to have fun in the game. You just have to throw away the expectation that you'll get the best gear in 1 week after expansion. I, for one, never bought one single plat. (yep! No plat revive at elite skull cove sucks though)

People nowadays are so used to things in life being instant. Fast food, instant foods, heck even waiting for Internet Explorer to open gets on your nerves. Society nowadays are so used to things getting done is a press of a button, most of them forgot the enjoy the process and only eye for the results. When I look at the amount of gold in my bank now, I felt happy for I knew every moment of effort is worth it. Every moment of boring Jarl, every moment of teaching PuGs the right strategy, every frustrating moment of finding a party ect.

IMO, people do not enjoy the game because of the game, it is because of their attitude. I repeat, ATTITUDE. Nobody wants to run with you? Are you maybe rude? Looks down on others? Casting out profanities the moment you team did something they didn't know was wrong? Don't complain that there are no pugs. Im sure most of you guys leave the exact moment when you realised that other toons in the map have sub-par gear. Can't find parties, then dedicate that time to find some friends or a good guild first( I recommend the guild section in this forum)

No gold to get good gear? No good gear to do elites? No elites to get gold?

Elites are not the only way to get gold you know..

Finally everything comes down to your attitude and rationality. If you can't dedicate yourself to the game as much as the hardcore gamers, then don't compare their toons to your toons. Don't make the goals of hardcore gamers as your goals (get Filthy Rich ect), make a goal that is easier for a casual gamer like you to achieve( get 20 pets, get a nice end game weapon) and work towards it step by step.

Can't enjoy the entire game content? Do I have to define the word "elite" for you? No pain no gain right?

Judge less, and play according to you own capability and your own pace. Enjoy the game....Well, it's just a game, right?

Uzii
03-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Very touching but doesnt change the fact that not every player is so adaptive to every change.
Just that u r able to run elite in 10-15 min doesnt mean everyone can. It take 20+ min most of the groups out there. And loot is not satisfing. I doubt they increased possibility of legendary drops from chest they just lowered droping of greens so u still get more epics then pinks.
And items in cs r overpriced so market is ruined eather way.
Ppl stop playing both way if they obtain everything or cant obtain so they just give up and move on. Guess which group is bigger.

And pro i always jiggle when i hear it lol pro..... pro game=get urself a treatment. So sorry that other "no pro gamers" want to enjoy game also.

Rare
03-06-2013, 10:13 AM

No offence...

maybe make more friends?

Already went over this in other threads. Spending 15 minutes to organize the right party only adds the time for the map.

I think this is his point. Jarl is boring.

You want the best gear, work hard for it then.

Not the point of this thread. Nobody said it should be easy. But it should be attainable to most people. Right now, it isn't.

The economy in AL is fine now.

LOL, what game are you playing? Its the third campaign and gear is already going for about 8M??? How is that "fine". Even PL, with its jacked up economy and ease of getting gold has very few items that go for that high. And its been around for 3 years now.

The game will be ruined when everyone has the best gear.

Why will the game be ruined??? The only thing it ruins is for people that want tons of gold. Maybe everyone has the best gear. Then in 2/3 months a new campaign comes and there is new best gear. Yay.

Like you said... no offense

SouLBlizzard
03-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Whats there to do in AL now?
Okay,will tell you some...
If you havent reach L26,then leveling is your answer.
If you havent got all Story and hauntlet token pets,then doing it is your answer.
If you havent got best gear,buy it then.
If you havent got enough gold,farm for it then.
etc... :livid:

Angobs
03-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Too long? Most map takes about 10 minutes with a good party right? With an average one it takes about 15 then..
With an exception of elite skull cove, it's supposed to the last and hardest boss, right?
If you want to play for a short time only, then Jarl of course is the best map to farm..

WARNING: Epicly Long Life Story of Some Random Player Coming! (I can't stop after starting and realised at the end it was too long)

I started playing near the end of November 2012, and was a complete noob back then. I'm not really a social person, and is scared to ask people for help. Therefore at that time, i was playing solo all the time, and PUGs are my best buddies. However, I took my time, farmed normal chests, sold them. Farmed eggs, sold them. I still remember being so proud when I can solo normal forest just to farm normal chests. The largest amount of gold i ever held back then was 20k lol...and i was saving for a Flap Jack. Then at lv 15, I joined my first guild, which is the same guild I am in now. And for every piece of gold i earned, I was happy. I saved my gold, and conserved my pot usage I still remembered I leveled up at normal maps because I didn't know the existence of tombs back then.

I was lv 15 when the Dead City expansion was introduced, yep I never capped at 16, a bit regrettable about the banner...
It took me a week to get to lv 20. Then at that time, I was introduced to Elite Jarl. Because I capped a bit later then others (about 2 weeks after expansion), the elite gear prices has gone down a considerable amount. Yet I started farming jarl....and jarl....and jarl.... And yep... With PuGs... Although I have a guild, I'm still a bit afraid to do runs with them though at that time.

My turning point in AL is a lv 21 Mighty Juggernaut Helmet of Will( I think...) which i sold for 500k. And after that, life got easier for me as I could at least supply my pots for tower runs. Then in January 2013, I completed my end game set after purchasing a lv 21 ALP from a good friend(I still have it!), she sold it to me for 400k although cs price was 600k back then. After that, I started mixing more with my guild mates because I knew at least I'm not as impotent as before and participated in fast elite runs. Although I was constantly doing elites, the amount of gold I have never left the 600k-800k range(that lifethief!)

A few weeks before PvP was introduced, the Jarl market crashed........................
And I decided I needed a new source of income and I discovered Elite Grounds. I realised that I could do elite ground runs solo, as there is only a rare chance you'll meet a pug there. After calculating the pot costs and time requirements, I decided that solo grounds would be my new source of income. It worked well, copper for 2k, silver for 12k and golden for 30k.. The gold in my bank increased steadily over time.

Later on, PvP was introduced. I was so excited I PvPed an entire day after the release. On the second day, after I woke up, I realised that my name was on the PvP kills leaderboards. It made me so happy that I decided to maintain my position. I gave up on PvE and focused on PvP.

And then soon, the new Kraken Isles expansion was announced, I was still busy maintaining my position on leaderboards at that time. However, something hit me mentally and I started farming a bit of jarl 2 days before the expansion while still doing PvP.

And then, the KI update came. The moment I logged on, a friend who was also a guildie invited my to wt4. I followed for I realised that elite gear is very valuable a short time after the update(a lesson learned of Dead City). I tried my very best to get to lv 25 as fast as I could. At lv 23, I opened the chests I got from jarl before the expansion, and I received a lv 25 Agile Heartseekers of Brutality and a lv 25 Power Ring of Brutality. Happy that elite gears scaled to the new lv, I bought all banded chests from the cs and opened them, only to get a few worthless pinks. I sold the HoB for 200k for I knew it would be worthless soon, and got myself to lv 25.

The first thing I did when I was lv 25 is to solo elite Jarl. However after one run, I realised Jarl is not worth it due to the amount of pots needed. On that same day, a rogue and a warr, both just hit 25, invited me to new elite maps with them. I accepted, and we did the KI elite maps one by one. The only map we couldn't complete was Skull Cove. I got an elite silver chest from the 4 runs and sold it for 100k(yep it was about 10 hours after expansion at that time).

After realizing elites require better stats, I returned to lvling. Halfway to lv 26, I was introduced to Elite Hately by a very good friend. It was still quite a secret back then and not everyone knows about it. I immediately ditched wt4 and went for hately running it vigorously. I ran even more when I realised I can solo it in 3 min with lv 21 gear. I farmed the chest, sold it. And the amount of gold in my bank increased slowly.

When I heard that Reef is getting a fix, I bought cheap elite golden from cs and kept them. I sold them after the expansion. After the reef fix, I got to lv 26 and scouted for better farming spots. And I found Elite Seas. And it has been the place I preferred to farm till now. Thanks to my time spent in the arena, I made many friends who will run it with me. And when I couldn't get a perty, I spend my time Jarling with Pugs or just helping newbies in my guild.

Recently, I opened my first elite pirate golden and got a lv 26 Sealord Plate of Will which traded for my end game armor. And yesterday I went for a run at elite Grog Beach and obtained a lv 26 Bloodhammer Threads of Will which my friend helped me to sell them.

================================================== ===============================

Main Content Starts Here:

Well, I started as an introverted newbie, and now I have a capped rogue with a PvP kills banner(okay, I was bragging a bit) and with almost 6m in my bank. All this while I enjoyed my time in AL. You don't have to spend thousands of plat to have fun in the game. You just have to throw away the expectation that you'll get the best gear in 1 week after expansion. I, for one, never bought one single plat. (yep! No plat revive at elite skull cove sucks though)

People nowadays are so used to things in life being instant. Fast food, instant foods, heck even waiting for Internet Explorer to open gets on your nerves. Society nowadays are so used to things getting done is a press of a button, most of them forgot the enjoy the process and only eye for the results. When I look at the amount of gold in my bank now, I felt happy for I knew every moment of effort is worth it. Every moment of boring Jarl, every moment of teaching PuGs the right strategy, every frustrating moment of finding a party ect.

IMO, people do not enjoy the game because of the game, it is because of their attitude. I repeat, ATTITUDE. Nobody wants to run with you? Are you maybe rude? Looks down on others? Casting out profanities the moment you team did something they didn't know was wrong? Don't complain that there are no pugs. Im sure most of you guys leave the exact moment when you realised that other toons in the map have sub-par gear. Can't find parties, then dedicate that time to find some friends or a good guild first( I recommend the guild section in this forum)

No gold to get good gear? No good gear to do elites? No elites to get gold?

Elites are not the only way to get gold you know..

Finally everything comes down to your attitude and rationality. If you can't dedicate yourself to the game as much as the hardcore gamers, then don't compare their toons to your toons. Don't make the goals of hardcore gamers as your goals (get Filthy Rich ect), make a goal that is easier for a casual gamer like you to achieve( get 20 pets, get a nice end game weapon) and work towards it step by step.

Can't enjoy the entire game content? Do I have to define the word "elite" for you? No pain no gain right?

Judge less, and play according to you own capability and your own pace. Enjoy the game....Well, it's just a game, right?

Love your story very inspiring :beer:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rare
03-06-2013, 10:25 AM
To develop a game who's main content is geared only toward ultra elite players that play for many hours a day seems near sighted to me. And if STS does that, AL will go the way of SL and DL... into the sunset.

Lets be honest, nobody gives a crap about the main spine of the game. People rush to the cap and then farm elite. Because that is where the good gear is. Then they PVP or continue to farm. Take that away from people, and you're left with a very small player base.

You can talk all you want about how the game needs to be hard. But honestly, the majority of the population doesn't enjoy content that is unrealistically hard (this is a mobile game, where many many people play in short bursts) Aside from Elite Tower the difficulty of the last campaign was appropriate for the game.

Like wvhills said... keep the drop rate lower... make the mobs easier. Nobody said make the EASY. Just EASIER. So before you go off on a tangent about how people want things easy as cake, please understand what I'm saying.

15 minutes for a pug?? Have you run any pugs other than Elite Seas? While a 15 minute run is certainly possible, its not the norm. The norm is running for 10 minutes... someone quits... start over. After about the third time maybe you can finish the map. I applaud all the folks that have elite friends that are on all of the time and willing to party up and run elite maps. The majority, are not like that. Just like wvhills said, if your friends aren't on or aren't available to run elite, there is nothing to do.

Just like you, speaking from your perspective, I am speaking from mine. The question is, which represents the masses more closely?

CrimsonTider
03-06-2013, 10:32 AM
I find it funny how those who have been STS gamers for 4 months understand more about STS games than those of us who have been around for 2.5+ years. The argument is more about inconsistencies and less about "gear."

And Aedenos gets it. I work for a living, don't wanna work at a game. Games are for fun and when I can't compete (pvp) because I don't wanna spend 2 hours for 8 elite runs nor buy tons of gold with plat, then the game contains zero interest.

Vystirch
03-06-2013, 10:37 AM
To develop a game who's main content is geared only toward ultra elite players that play for many hours a day seems near sighted to me. And if STS does that, AL will go the way of SL and DL... into the sunset.

Lets be honest, nobody gives a crap about the main spine of the game. People rush to the cap and then farm elite. Because that is where the good gear is. Then they PVP or continue to farm. Take that away from people, and you're left with a very small player base.

You can talk all you want about how the game needs to be hard. But honestly, the majority of the population doesn't enjoy content that is unrealistically hard (this is a mobile game, where many many people play in short bursts) Aside from Elite Tower the difficulty of the last campaign was appropriate for the game.

Like wvhills said... keep the drop rate lower... make the mobs easier. Nobody said make the EASY. Just EASIER. So before you go off on a tangent about how people want things easy as cake, please understand what I'm saying.

15 minutes for a pug?? Have you run any pugs other than Elite Seas? While a 15 minute run is certainly possible, its not the norm. The norm is running for 10 minutes... someone quits... start over. After about the third time maybe you can finish the map. I applaud all the folks that have elite friends that are on all of the time and willing to party up and run elite maps. The majority, are not like that. Just like wvhills said, if your friends aren't on or aren't available to run elite, there is nothing to do.

Just like you, speaking from your perspective, I am speaking from mine. The question is, which represents the masses more closely?

South seas take about 5 minutes.... Not that hard to find a party (at least in mine and Rue's guild).

STS hasn't taken away anything they just made the end game harder so that you can have a challenge, otherwise more game play time(that is if your not whining how hard it is).

I mean come on.... ALL mmo's have farming in them, and most of you sound like you like the legends title because they take not very time consuming runs, or easy runs...... Just get out there and farm.

Respectfully,
-Vys

P.s. ik everyone has their opinion, and so this is mine....

Rare
03-06-2013, 10:38 AM

Wait... so after reading your story... it seems this is what you did:

1. Elite Jarl
2. Elite Tower
3. Elite Reef
4. Elite Seas

So... really, what you're saying is, you are spending the majority of your time in the short maps?

Vystirch
03-06-2013, 10:41 AM

1. Elite Jarl
2. Elite Tower
3. Elite Reef
4. Elite Seas

So... really, what you're saying is, you are spending the majority of your time in the short maps?

Ofc he is, after you get the achievements you farm the short maps until you get good enough gear to farm the harder ones :/

Rare
03-06-2013, 10:44 AM
South seas take about 5 minutes.... Not that hard to find a party (at least in mine and Rue's guild).

STS hasn't taken away anything they just made the end game harder so that you can have a challenge, otherwise more game play time(that is if your not whining how hard it is).

I mean come on.... ALL mmo's have farming in them, and most of you sound like you like the legends title because they take not very time consuming runs, or easy runs...... Just get out there and farm.

Respectfully,
-Vys

P.s. ik everyone has their opinion, and so this is mine....

Yes... that is EXACTLY why I like the legends titles. Because I can play in short bursts. I don't (or didn't) have to dedicate hours of sit down time to play. If I wanted to play for hours, I'd go check out WOW or GW2. To each their own.

And like I said for some people, finding a party is easy. But it really depends on your guild and how much time you have to play. In my guild, a LOT (in fact most) play in shorter bursts. Most are adults (no offense intended) and don't have the time to sit down for 3 or 4 hours at a time to play.

You are right about Seas... and actually, all the campaigns have had one relatively easy map. And that's fine. But I personally though Dead City had 5 maps that were doable and playable. Regularly. In pugs or parties. And had it not been for the easy Elite Tower, it would have been a much mare playable campaign at the elite level.

Vystirch
03-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Yes... that is EXACTLY why I like the legends titles. Because I can play in short bursts. I don't (or didn't) have to dedicate hours of sit down time to play. If I wanted to play for hours, I'd go check out WOW or GW2. To each their own.

And like I said for some people, finding a party is easy. But it really depends on your guild and how much time you have to play. In my guild, a LOT (in fact most) play in shorter bursts. Most are adults (no offense intended) and don't have the time to sit down for 3 or 4 hours at a time to play.

You are right about Seas... and actually, all the campaigns have had one relatively easy map. And that's fine. But I personally though Dead City had 5 maps that were doable and playable. Regularly. In pugs or parties. And had it not been for the easy Elite Tower, it would have been a much mare playable campaign at the elite level.

Well I guess the reason I like the legends titles mainly is that it is mobile, but yet I want elite content that is actually for the elite..... Idk to each there own ideals......

Yes, ik many adults also (in my guild and out) I can understand how they don't always have time, but when they do most of them don't mind doing 5min-15min. Elite runs....

-Vys

Rare
03-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Ofc he is, after you get the achievements you farm the short maps until you get good enough gear to farm the harder ones :/

Well, I don't agree with that really. I'd be willing to bet that throughout this campaign, Elite Seas will get more plays BY FAR than any other level. Maxed out or not. This is the problem with AL right now. People will find the easiest map and continuously farm it. STS did take a step in the right direction with adding map specific loot. But like I said, another block was introduced by making them so difficult that most people will not play them. Making pugs near impossible... or at the very least very frustrating.

This is one area that pocket legends has a MAJOR advantage over arcane legeneds. At least until Blacksmoke Mountain. And honestly, the complaints we hear about BSM, are the same we're hearing about with KI. The difficulty level is too high for casual/semihardcore players (without elixir).

Rare
03-06-2013, 10:54 AM
I find it funny how those who have been STS gamers for 4 months understand more about STS games than those of us who have been around for 2.5+ years. The argument is more about inconsistencies and less about "gear."

And Aedenos gets it. I work for a living, don't wanna work at a game. Games are for fun and when I can't compete (pvp) because I don't wanna spend 2 hours for 8 elite runs nor buy tons of gold with plat, then the game contains zero interest.

This... EXACTLY

Vystirch
03-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Well, I don't agree with that really. I'd be willing to bet that throughout this campaign, Elite Seas will get more plays BY FAR than any other level. Maxed out or not. This is the problem with AL right now. People will find the easiest map and continuously farm it. STS did take a step in the right direction with adding map specific loot. But like I said, another block was introduced by making them so difficult that most people will not play them. Making pugs near impossible... or at the very least very frustrating.

This is one area that pocket legends has a MAJOR advantage over arcane legeneds. At least until Blacksmoke Mountain. And honestly, the complaints we hear about BSM, are the same we're hearing about with KI. The difficulty level is too high for casual/semihardcore players (without elixir).

Your correct it will be farmed the most.... And STS did take a correct step with specific loot....

Difficulty lvl and attracting more hardcore players is what STS is trying to work on, what makes it hard for them to do is also pleasing the less elite players...... I can safely say that STS is trying to attract more hard core because of,
1. Rumors of a subscription model for those who want it...
2. The difficulty lvl of end game elite or areas....

-Vys

Ruejade
03-06-2013, 08:09 PM

1. Elite Jarl
2. Elite Tower
3. Elite Reef
4. Elite Seas

Ummm, don't we all? Even before the expansion, people only farm the shortest map in order to make money efficiently. I don't think anybody farmed Elite Aqueducts even before the expansion right? The there are no pugs in the elite Dead City maps except Tower and Grounds(pugs are available only in late February).

I'm just doing what I was doing when Dead City expansion was introduced, farm the fastest map, and get the achievements from the other maps. Though sometimes I might be motivated to farm other maps in KI expansion due to the specific lots drops. I think STS did a great job in adding map specific loots.

And well, if you guys really think its too difficult, or the map is simply just too long, I do hope they don't reduce the difficulty too much. Because I would really dislike it when every map becomes like Jarl farming. For we all know, any map which has highly available PuGs, the drops there will drop in value.

One thing I would like to be added to the game is the ability to post a short message beside your name in the Guild tab. Short messages such as "up for E.Seas" or "up for farm" or just " S>malison" can be read beside your name when others opens the Guild tab. This will reduce spamming considerably though. And oh ya, it should be added in the Friends tab too....

Energizeric
03-06-2013, 09:35 PM
You want the best gear, work hard for it then.

Not the point of this thread. Nobody said it should be easy. But it should be attainable to most people. Right now, it isn't.

No, it should not be attainable for most people anymore than most people should be able to own a ferrari or bentley. Most players should be able to obtain average gear. The best grear (elite pinks, mythic, arcane) should be very rare and only a small percentage of players should have these. Not because they don't work hard for them, but because there just aren't enough of them to go around. Rare means rare. The way dragon sets used to be in PL (last summer), before they increased the drop rates and the prices fell.

The economy in AL is fine now.

LOL, what game are you playing? Its the third campaign and gear is already going for about 8M??? How is that "fine". Even PL, with its jacked up economy and ease of getting gold has very few items that go for that high. And its been around for 3 years now.

The gear that is 8m are the very rare mythic and arcane items. They are very rare as has been said over and over. The high price is a result of there not being enough to go around, so people bid the prices up the same way that a rare painting gets bid up at auction.

The only way to change this is to make these items more common, but then why have mythic and arcane items in the first place? It sounds like you think the rarest items should be the pink items, and mythic and arcane items should not exist at all. Best suggestion I can give you is to just pretend they don't exist. Let those elite players who spend 8 hours per day playing worry about mythic and arcane items, and you just worry about getting decent pinks which sell for less than 1m. I have an awsome level 26 PvP set right now that I bought for less than 200k (all 5 items combined).

The game will be ruined when everyone has the best gear.

Why will the game be ruined??? The only thing it ruins is for people that want tons of gold. Maybe everyone has the best gear. Then in 2/3 months a new campaign comes and there is new best gear. Yay.

You are suggesting that there should be enough of every elite item to go around to every player. In that case then they would need to scrap the color system (green, purple, pink, orange, red) and just make everything white since they will all be "common". The color system is not there to determine how good an item is. It is there to determine how rare it is. And if something is rare, then there are not enough of them to go around so that everyone can have one.

The easier solution to get what you want is to just eliminate the market entirely and give everyone an identical set of gear, and then have them play just for kills achievements or something similar. Because the end result of your suggestions would mean every item would cost 1k in the CS. The economy would not just be ruined, it would be non-existant.

The economy in PL and AL (and every STS game) is a free market economy. There is no oversight or price controls by STS. The prices are determined by the market. The only control STS has is to make items more or less common. They can do that either by adjusting the drop rate, or by making the dungeons harder or easier. The result of increasing the supply of items (by either making items drop more or making the dungeons where they drop easier) is that prices will drop. If you double the supply of an item, prices may drop 10x. That is how economics work. If you triple the supply of an item, it will most likely become worthless.

Ruejade
03-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Ah.. I thought about something while discussing with my guildies just now.
In Season 2, most elite maps are not farmed, except Jarl. people farm Jarl back the because the gear is the best and the prices are acceptable for the amount of effort. People also did not complain about S2 because they are also able to farm mardrom with pugs to get the elite chests which is also quite valuable.

In this new expansion, in my opinion most people don't like the fact that they can't farm the elite golden chests which worth
100k + easily anymore. For there are no pugs in new KI elites.

So the basic idea here is, at least one map in a new expansion has to be puggable.

I suggest maybe, we just have to make the timer in Elite Seas to not start automatically.

Elite Seas is currently the best map for a PuG, because
1) It takes the shortest time to complete among new KI elites
2) there are no blue sharks/orange crabs that one shot squishies
3) People don't have to run all the way through the map for boss loot if they died(permanent free plat revive)
4) all classes have a role to play, sorcs will not get left out because their crowd control skills are very valuable

So regarding my suggestion, why don't we make the timer in Elite Southern Seas to start manually?
Such as waiting for a full party to enter map, then one of them just speak to the captain to start the timer.

Any opinions on this?

Energizeric
03-06-2013, 11:19 PM
The solution to fixing things is to make the "elite" gear actually have elite stats. The bloodhammer armors & helms, and the 3 elite pink weapons that Sam posted about do not have better stats than the more common sealord armors and helms (which come from elite pirate chests) or the lvl25 weapons (which drop from Jarl). So the prices of these elite items are only slightly higher than these much more easily obtained and comparable items. People are only willing to pay so much for a new look.

If these elite items had slightly better stats, then the prices would be much higher for them, and then folks would be willing to farm the very difficult elite dungeons in order to obtain rare and expensive items. Then the prices of these items would level out, and there would be more of a supply of them to go around.

For example, I don't care how hard elite skull cove is... If STS announced tomorrow that Hammerjaw drops from that boss from now on, folks would be farming there like crazy. Difficult is not the only determining factor. It's difficulty vs. reward. You don't have to necessarily lower the difficulty. You can just raise the reward.

I think they need to buff some of these end game elite items so they have better stats. Not way better, just slightly better. Give the bloodhammer gear an extra stat point or two, and give the weapons slightly better stats than the lvl25 weapons that drop from Jarl. It would make a world of difference in how people play the game.

wvhills
03-07-2013, 08:29 AM
I would actually argue that there's nothing wrong with everyone having the best gear (maybe not mythic and arcane but the best elite pinks). The purpose of this game, from STS's perspective, is to get people to play it. I'm not going to spend hours and hours in pvp when I don't have the best gear. I'm really not going to pvp if I end up getting farmed by a less skilled player simply because he got lucky and farmed and item with uber stats. I'm also not going to spend hours and hours farming gear when I know in the back of my mind that I have no real chance of getting it.

Anyway, the purpose of this thread isn't to argue about elite gear. My points were (and are) that:

1) pvp is ruined for rogues. Our stuns were nerfed, our damage was nerfed and I now read they're looking at "balancing" our weapon (agile lifethiefs).
2) The difficulty level of the mobs in the elite zones is causing those areas to be unplayable in pugs.

Regardless of how YOU think elites should be run the above points aren't really contestable.

Uzii
03-07-2013, 08:29 AM
No, it should not be attainable for most people anymore than most people should be able to own a ferrari or bentley. Most players should be able to obtain average gear. The best grear (elite pinks, mythic, arcane) should be very rare and only a small percentage of players should have these. Not because they don't work hard for them, but because there just aren't enough of them to go around. Rare means rare. The way dragon sets used to be in PL (last summer), before they increased the drop rates and the prices fell.

The gear that is 8m are the very rare mythic and arcane items. They are very rare as has been said over and over. The high price is a result of there not being enough to go around, so people bid the prices up the same way that a rare painting gets bid up at auction.

The only way to change this is to make these items more common, but then why have mythic and arcane items in the first place? It sounds like you think the rarest items should be the pink items, and mythic and arcane items should not exist at all. Best suggestion I can give you is to just pretend they don't exist. Let those elite players who spend 8 hours per day playing worry about mythic and arcane items, and you just worry about getting decent pinks which sell for less than 1m. I have an awsome level 26 PvP set right now that I bought for less than 200k (all 5 items combined).

You are suggesting that there should be enough of every elite item to go around to every player. In that case then they would need to scrap the color system (green, purple, pink, orange, red) and just make everything white since they will all be "common". The color system is not there to determine how good an item is. It is there to determine how rare it is. And if something is rare, then there are not enough of them to go around so that everyone can have one.

The easier solution to get what you want is to just eliminate the market entirely and give everyone an identical set of gear, and then have them play just for kills achievements or something similar. Because the end result of your suggestions would mean every item would cost 1k in the CS. The economy would not just be ruined, it would be non-existant.

The economy in PL and AL (and every STS game) is a free market economy. There is no oversight or price controls by STS. The prices are determined by the market. The only control STS has is to make items more or less common. They can do that either by adjusting the drop rate, or by making the dungeons harder or easier. The result of increasing the supply of items (by either making items drop more or making the dungeons where they drop easier) is that prices will drop. If you double the supply of an item, prices may drop 10x. That is how economics work. If you triple the supply of an item, it will most likely become worthless.

Legendaries should be obtainable for most ppl bc they r necessary for to be a good party memeber. If u see someone in run with crappy gear u think twice if u want to run with him.

Colors here descripes not only rarity but also how good the gear is. Epics r not good at all if u want to run elite, u need good gear and i think everyone should have the possibility to enjoy elite maps.

In star legends there doesnt realy matter if u have legendary stuff, epics were good enough for u to be good party memeber. Legendaries wasnt necessary, doesnt realy affect ur gameplay, usualy u needed to sacriffice something to gain smth else. But in al it benefits ur whole stats., means affect ur gameplay. And as been said best gear will be old in new campain. In al it comes reguraly u dont realy have time to farm endlessly just for legendaries. And price right now is high, over 1m i think thats too much.
For extreme rarity u have mythic and arcane items no one saying it should be changed.

If u r affraid abt economy i see many ppl with title filthy rich and those money were probably made in previuos campaing with easier elite maps. Or frends lend them whatever still they already had few milions in their bank.

Yes i agree with at least one short farmable map as Reu pointed out. So ppl have chance to make gold or get good gear. But skull cove is ridiculously hard.

Rare
03-07-2013, 09:17 AM
I would actually argue that there's nothing wrong with everyone having the best gear (maybe not mythic and arcane but the best elite pinks).

There isn't. That is why STS introduced Arcane and Mythic gear. To provide an outlet for the people that care so much about having the rarest items in the game. There is a false notion that people will continue to play the game if there is little hope for competing. To "maybe get the next chest with my gear in it". Won't happen for long.

With the "randomness" of drops in this game having ultra rare items is a farce. "Working harder" doesn't mean a thing. Time invested to not equal better reward. Why would people continue running maps (normal people, without 25 elite friends running at all times) when the benefit is nowhere near the reward? They won't.

No, it should not be attainable for most people anymore than most people should be able to own a ferrari or bentley.

That would, in my book, be equivalent to Arcane gear.

Well, the fact that we are 3 campaigns in (less that 6 month right?) and people are already spending upwards of 8M on ANYTHING, let alone MULTIPLES, speak volumes about the state of the AL economy.

You are suggesting that there should be enough of every elite item to go around to every player.

That's not what I said. I said everyone should have the opportunity to get those items. They should be attainable. Don't confuse this with having been obtained. You still need to play the game. YOu still need to run elite dungeons. You still need to get past the random drop system. It just shouldn't require hours to have the chance to have a chance to get a good item.

The only control STS has is to make items more or less common.

Actually, that's false. STS directly affected the price of items by the amount of gold that was allowed into the game. The fact that after 3 campaings there are people pushing over 40M in gold... Come on. Kudos to them. I don't blame them for anything (the players or STS). But lets call it what it is :)

Rare
03-07-2013, 09:24 AM
If these elite items had slightly better stats, then the prices would be much higher for them, and then folks would be willing to farm the very difficult elite dungeons in order to obtain rare and expensive items. Then the prices of these items would level out, and there would be more of a supply of them to go around.

Ehhh see this is where I disagree with you. The people with a lot of time on their hands will... and do.

The majority of people, that can spend between 1 and 3 hours a day, you think they'll do that?? I think its more likely they'll quit because it isn't worth it. As CrimsonTider said up there... we come to play. Not to work.

What STS needs to do to fix the game is prevent maps like Eilte Brackenridge and Elite Mordom Tower. Force people to play the other elite maps without backdoors that let them easily farm gear. This is the true problem up until now. Come on, lets be honest. How many people actually spent a lot of time farming in maps other than those two? Did you? I would constantly join other maps and wait... and wait... and wait. Someone would join, a minute later they'd quit... on and on. Go to a tower or brack map... within 10 seconds you have a full house.

Ruejade
03-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Seriously, I really think that Elite Seas should be made PuGable and everything will be fine. And maintain the difficulty of the maps.

Most people do not play because they can't find a fast and consistent way of making gold.

Just make some changes to the timer in Elite Seas and it will be like Elite Mardrom in season 2, harder and longer than Jarl but a more consistent income.

The other elite KI maps don't have to be changed so the more hardcore players can still farm their rare Malisons, and Bloodhammer gears.

In conclusion, if Elite Seas is puggable, then

1) a more consistent income of gold for all players
2) All players will be able to farm Elite Seas since it does not require plat revive to be played perfectly, so it's puggable
3) the number of elite pirates chests in circulation increases
4) difficulty of obtaining lv 26 end game gear will decrease
5) rare item hunters can hunt other elite KI maps for rarer Bloodhammer sets, Malison and Kettle eggs

So...yea?

GoodSyntax
03-07-2013, 10:08 AM
If I wasn't out of rep, I would be giving out Thanks like a dealer at a Black Jack table right now!

I think that the point of the conversation here isn't so much about distribution of "elite" pinks, but rather the fact that in order to farm elite pinks you need to have elite pinks to be successful. Sure, you can scrap and pinch and save your way to buying a set, but for a relatively casual game, that is a drag, and not something that most would aspire to. This leads to a dearth of PUGs in elite maps, which, in turn, makes it harder to get a run organized, which then means a shortage of elites, which means high prices....and so on.

The biggest issues I see are the length of time to run the majority of elite maps, and the drop rate of decent (non-elite) pinks. I agree that the majority of us can safely pretend that Mythic and Arcane items don't exist, because we will never get them, and we should never get them - leave those to the hardcore farming crowd, and let them get their 5m for the effort of looting it.

Elite Brackenridge, Grounds and Tower are most popular because they only take 2-10 minutes - a very reasonable time frame for casual gamers. I don't mind leaving the harder maps (like Aqueducts and Skull Cove) to the dedicated farmers, but the shortage of casual elite maps causes many people to lose interest. I used to farm the other elite Dead City maps, but they took a long time to run, was hard to find a group, and after a long run consuming tons of pots, I would end up with a junk drop. And by junk I mean a green....not even a purple or a copper chest. A drop like that does not even compensate for the pot usage of the run, so, therefore, everyone stops running the map, myself included.

There should be some type of system where these really hard, really long elite maps have a much higher drop rate. Kudos to STS for introducing map-specific drops. I say that if 10 back-to-back runs of these challenging elite maps do not yield worthwhile loot (like golden chests or solid pinks - even non-elite) then something is wrong. That means there is absolutely NO incentive to farm there, which then puts everyone back into the same three or four maps.

Honestly, I think that an odds-system (similar to those used by Vegas bookies, or Horse Race bookies) where the drop probability changes based on volume of games would help distribute the load of PUGs across all maps. If no-one runs Elite Skull Cove (and hasn't in a while) then the elite drop rate becomes 80%, but as more and more flood into the map, the drop rate decreases. This would mean that the Elite Jarl drop rate would be something like 1%, Elite Bael probably about 10-12% and Elite Aquaduct more like 50%. This redistribution of odds based on gameplay would ensure widespread activity in all maps, promote activity on infrequently used maps, and give farmers something to chase (knowing the change in probability). In the end, this probably wouldn't change the overall inventory of elites in game (because of shifting drop rates), but would just make things more fun and less of a drag. If you are looking at an hour-long run in Elite Skull Cove, but you know you probably have a 50/50 chance of a really good drop, you will be more inclined to make that run. If you just want a quick, fun and somewhat challenging run at Jarl, you can do so, but your chance of a great drop would be more like 2% because that's where everyone goes...well, that's acceptable too.

Just my thought...

Rare
03-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Seriously, I really think that Elite Seas should be made PuGable and everything will be fine. And maintain the difficulty of the maps.

Most people do not play because they can't find a fast and consistent way of making gold.

Just make some changes to the timer in Elite Seas and it will be like Elite Mardrom in season 2, harder and longer than Jarl but a more consistent income.

The other elite KI maps don't have to be changed so the more hardcore players can still farm their rare Malisons, and Bloodhammer gears.

In conclusion, if Elite Seas is puggable, then

1) a more consistent income of gold for all players
2) All players will be able to farm Elite Seas since it does not require plat revive to be played perfectly, so it's puggable
3) the number of elite pirates chests in circulation increases
4) difficulty of obtaining lv 26 end game gear will decrease
5) rare item hunters can hunt other elite KI maps for rarer Bloodhammer sets, Malison and Kettle eggs

So...yea?

I like all those suggestions. The introduction of the map specific loot will help a lot to alleviate the constant brack/tower/seas type runs. Because honestly, its get a little boring running those right? Even more so for people that dedicate a lot of time.

yoho
03-07-2013, 10:53 AM
I think that the point of the conversation here isn't so much about distribution of "elite" pinks, but rather the fact that in order to farm elite pinks you need to have elite pinks to be successful.
100k is enough to have a set elite enough to run any map (for rogue)
It's one elite golden pirate chest to sell. And you can be competitive with other rogues/mages in pvp with this set (warriors are from higher caste)

Rare
03-07-2013, 11:32 AM
100k is enough to have a set elite enough to run any map (for rogue)
It's one elite golden pirate chest to sell. And you can be competitive with other rogues/mages in pvp with this set (warriors are from higher caste)

100k? What set is that?

GoodSyntax
03-07-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm curious as well

yoho
03-07-2013, 01:34 PM
clever lifethiefs 25 or alp21
warfare jewelry lvl26
red beard's cap of security/tactics/sealord mesh of stability
red beard's vest of force/sealord of force str version

you can run any elite.. armor up to 920 without pet, decent dps

GoodSyntax
03-07-2013, 02:14 PM
I assume you are referring to lv 26 Red Beard items, because the lv 25's are much more expensive and would put you way over the 100K limit.

Sure, you could run an elite with that set, but it's really about 70% of what a top end set can offer. I wouldn't run an elite Kraken map with that set unless I had a good pet like Malison and a good team. Even then I wouldn't attempt the more difficult maps like Skull Cove.

This is definitely enough for comfortable elite tower runs though - maybe even Windmoore Harbor.

I see what you mean about a good enough set though. The stats are pretty good given the price.

Lady_Pebbles
03-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Depends on the set you're trying to get for your own specific build. Lets face it, some classes have elite gear thats way cheaper than others. It sucks. :/

I agree with a lot of ppl on this thread. Gonna be giving out hella thanks lol.

Chaokaban
03-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Depends on the set you're trying to get for your own specific build. Lets face it, some classes have elite gear thats way cheaper than others. It sucks. :/

I agree with a lot of ppl on this thread. Gonna be giving out hella thanks lol.

The classes with cheaper gears are usually more useless than the other gears.

TheStoic
03-07-2013, 09:48 PM

I wonder if my alt rogue's gear are effective at elite maps:

Lvl 25 Agile Heartseekers of Brut
Lvl 25 Agile Ranger Cloak of Will
Lvl 25 Agile Leather of Security

P.S. My rogue is currently lvl 23, but I purchased items already.

Lady_Pebbles
03-08-2013, 02:14 AM
Only if theres players behind them who don't know what they're doing.