PDA

View Full Version : Elite maps difficulty...

euromikeym
03-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Please put the Elite maps back to how they were.

inkredible
03-05-2013, 05:05 PM
i say make the mobs easier.. and not crit like 2k (skull cover/ reef) leave the boss as it is

yoho
03-05-2013, 05:40 PM
and no one-hitting please, 70% of full-geared rogue is ok, you at least have chance to use potion, but one-hit death from elite bosses (seas/skull cove) is tough.

Rollo
03-05-2013, 06:48 PM
No kidding, spamming potions isn't exciting, using our skills is.
I'm guessing they buffed elites because they want you to spend more on elixirs and gambling for good gear. Which is -ok- for making a fast dollar but eventually players will wise up and move onto another game.

Darthmase
03-05-2013, 07:17 PM
I agree elite is far too tough. The time it takes to do a map is not worth the drop.

Genuinous
03-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Elite refinement (nerf) coming next week, check announcements guys :)

automagically
03-05-2013, 08:37 PM
If tanks could actually tank woundnt be so bad :(

Rollo
03-05-2013, 09:05 PM
If tanks could actually tank woundnt be so bad :(
Even so, the amount of pots used is ridiculous. Hopefully the incoming nerf fixes that. Honestly, the bosses seem fine to me, its just the mobs need to be nerfed. Nobody wants to spend hours in a run.
Lets keep our fingers crossed they have a solution for warrior tanking problems.

quaziest
03-05-2013, 10:02 PM
The only solution is see for the elites is raise the level cap to 30+ or even 40!!!

elbowroom
03-05-2013, 10:45 PM
i like it the way it is. at least the current elite lives up to its name and isn't a cakewalk. elite jarl is still as farmable as ever for those who aren't ready for elite kraken. as someone who plays a lot, it's not very gratifying when 90% of the game is running around with the top gear.

i can see the need for a bit of a rollback, but hopefully it's nowhere near as easy as elite was @ the 21 cap.

Vystirch
03-05-2013, 11:07 PM
.... Well a brilliant idea popped into my head... Why don't we make normal harder so you nvr have to worry about elite :/
Come on guys you can do elite just make an effort, entitlement mentality is just not cool in my mind. The "elite gods" as you said need something to do also.... Would you rather the gods were in PvP killing you? I don't think so, so let them have there elite maps.......

-Vys

P.s. wow been awhile sense I ranted..... Guess it was just one to many "elite too hard" threads for me to handle....

Heiki
03-05-2013, 11:29 PM
.... Well a brilliant idea popped into my head... Why don't we make normal harder so you nvr have to worry about elite :/
Come on guys you can do elite just make an effort, entitlement mentality is just not cool in my mind. The "elite gods" as you said need something to do also.... Would you rather the gods were in PvP killing you? I don't think so, so let them have there elite maps.......

-Vys

P.s. wow been awhile sense I ranted..... Guess it was just one to many "elite too hard" threads for me to handle....

Did it cross your mind that just because you dedicate all your free time to this game some of us can't ? If you want to hardcore the "real" MMOs are out there for you to grab. This is a mobile game, keep it casual.

Flamberge
03-05-2013, 11:54 PM
I find it funny when I have to run a single normal map (yes not elite map, you can say I'm pretty decent noob) with a random party for around 20 minutes ended with everyone leaving the map giving up with the boss still alive. Is this map only for people with full geared?

I wouldn't less care about the elite by now since I'm pretty lazy to level up to at least 25.

Come on guys, this is mobile MMO. I ain't got whole day to play this game. I'm adult with works to do. Now I even lost my interest to even cap to 26 cause this game turned out to be so hard that consumes a lot of my free time. Perhaps STS should start to consider that before they release the next campaign with 1 hour to clear a map.

Rollo
03-06-2013, 12:08 AM

-Vys

I don't think its too hard. I think its time consuming. I play on my phone like the majority of players. How can you expect us to dedicate hours to running elites when most of us play on the go. Not to mention this game is a serious battery hog. I couldn't play longer than an hour without a charger. Time does NOT equal difficulty in my honest opinion. Obviously this was a needed change. Players gave they're feed back and sts listened. If you want something that distinguishes you from the "lazy" players as you put it, run elites without any gear on, if that makes you feel special.

Energizeric
03-06-2013, 12:13 AM
I hate to say it, but STS no longer makes "mobile" MMOs. Yes it is played on a mobile device, but it is just as hardcore as any other MMO. Folks play for hours and hours. Yes, you can play for short periods once in a while, but do not expect to have the best gear and do not expect to compete on the leaderboards. This is not Angry Birds where you can play while on line at the supermarket.

As for having trouble with the non-elite dungeons, well I don't know what to tell you. I can do those bosses solo without any problem. Yes I do have good gear (not the best though), but 3-4 players with lousy gear can cause more damage than I can by myself. Maybe you need to play the dungeon with some friends instead of just joining random games.

Flamberge
03-06-2013, 12:24 AM
I heard you Ene. Like I said before, I bet you notice that my level is below 25. And mostly those random party is below 25 as well. So you can say we are a noob party. But the fact that I never able to clear those normal map with random people is ironic. Not many people playing this game with their best buddies nor they are in an elite guild (considering guildies can help). They should start to consider that.

TheStoic
03-06-2013, 12:24 AM
i can see the need for a bit of a rollback, but hopefully it's nowhere near as easy as elite was @ the 21 cap.

It was easier then but...not the elite we want it to be. I still wish for teeny weeny rollback (now: mobs are mini bosses), to make it more worthwhile to run.

Rollo
03-06-2013, 12:29 AM
I hate to say it, but STS no longer makes "mobile" MMOs. Yes it is played on a mobile device, but it is just as hardcore as any other MMO. Folks play for hours and hours. Yes, you can play for short periods once in a while, but do not expect to have the best gear and do not expect to compete on the leaderboards. This is not Angry Birds where you can play while on line at the supermarket.

As for having trouble with the non-elite dungeons, well I don't know what to tell you. I can do those bosses solo without any problem. Yes I do have good gear (not the best though), but 3-4 players with lousy gear can cause more damage than I can by myself. Maybe you need to play the dungeon with some friends instead of just joining random games.

Dunno if this is directed at me or not, but I've cleared all the kraken isles elites already, cuz I like my achievements. I've got a good guild with skilled players. Like I said, time does not in any way shape or form equal difficulty. Neither is spamming hundreds of pots very interesting.

The only players concerned with this change are merchants and the hard core elite mentality of a few players.

Also, doesn't sts currently have 4 mobile mmos? I'd bet the majority of players are playing from mobile devices. Just saying, you don't get voted best mobile mmo of the year for your browser based port.

Vystirch
03-06-2013, 12:37 AM
Did it cross your mind that just because you dedicate all your free time to this game some of us can't ? If you want to hardcore the "real" MMOs are out there for you to grab. This is a mobile game, keep it casual.

Hmm I havnt played AL for more than 30min every day for the past week because I am busy irl (varsity soccer season started up) and yet I still want elite to be well "elite" and no I don't want to grab a paid mmo when my life isn't about gaming..... There must be an elite difficulty, I think they have a good balance right now...... Just my opinion.

Much respect,
-Vys

I don't think its too hard. I think its time consuming. I play on my phone like the majority of players. How can you expect us to dedicate hours to running elites when most of us play on the go. Not to mention this game is a serious battery hog. I couldn't play longer than an hour without a charger. Time does NOT equal difficulty in my honest opinion. Obviously this was a needed change. Players gave they're feed back and sts listened. If you want something that distinguishes you from the "lazy" players as you put it, run elites without any gear on, if that makes you feel special.

Time consuming is one thing, but tbh I think time consuming is fine for something that is supposed to be "elite". I can see long runs being justified if the drop rate of pinks and higher was increased in elite maps......

Respectfully,
-Vys

Rollo
03-06-2013, 12:48 AM
Time consuming is one thing, but tbh I think time consuming is fine for something that is supposed to be "elite". I can see long runs being justified if the drop rate of pinks and higher was increased in elite maps......

Respectfully,
-Vys
I don't care about the drop rate. That's how they make they're money, they want you to open crates or purchase from the store. Buffing the elites to the extent they did makes me think they wanted to force us to purchase elixirs and gamble more on Chests for gear. Which is to much they're basically double dipping, lol. Unless of course it was an honest mistake and they didn't have a team beta test their expansion. Stranger things have happened.

Energizeric
03-06-2013, 01:06 AM
I heard you Ene. Like I said before, I bet you notice that my level is below 25. And mostly those random party is below 25 as well. So you can say we are a noob party. But the fact that I never able to clear those normal map with random people is ironic. Not many people playing this game with their best buddies nor they are in an elite guild (considering guildies can help). They should start to consider that.

Here is a suggestion: Go do runs at WT4 and level up to 25, then attempt to do the Kraken Isles dungeons. You have to realize they were made for those who are level 25 & 26, so it will be difficult otherwise. And once you are level 25, I invite you to PM me in game and I will invite you to our guild Arcane Fellowship. Once in the guild you will have no problem finding others to do runs with. We are a large guild and always have lots of members online.

Vystirch
03-06-2013, 01:10 AM
I don't care about the drop rate. That's how they make they're money, they want you to open crates or purchase from the store. Buffing the elites to the extent they did makes me think they wanted to force us to purchase elixirs and gamble more on Chests for gear. Which is to much they're basically double dipping, lol. Unless of course it was an honest mistake and they didn't have a team beta test their expansion. Stranger things have happened.

Meh whatever happened with elite I don't think it was for money on this subject. I think they are actually trying to make a true "elite" area for heavier gamers..... Well we will see what they do.

-Vys

Flamberge
03-06-2013, 01:31 AM
Here is a suggestion: Go do runs at WT4 and level up to 25, then attempt to do the Kraken Isles dungeons. You have to realize they were made for those who are level 25 & 26, so it will be difficult otherwise. And once you are level 25, I invite you to PM me in game and I will invite you to our guild Arcane Fellowship. Once in the guild you will have no problem finding others to do runs with. We are a large guild and always have lots of members online.

Thanks for the tips. I can assure you that I know how to gain exp more efficient. But I'm talking from the point of view of a random people that is having hard time clearing the last normal map. I noticed that the map is for a higher level, but you can't keep all those lower level from itching to kill the last boss and having a chance to loot something worthy. And I always failed to do that, not to mention wasted lot of my times. Can't even imagine how the elite gameplay is. Yet here I pointed that this game is a mobile MMO that should be kept as casual as it should be.

warbluefish
03-06-2013, 03:11 AM
The difficulty is not a problem. The problem is the drops arent worth the time and death spent on those elite maps.

ShadowGunX
03-06-2013, 03:37 AM
dnt play elites then!!! simple
take sme fresh air nd go to sme greenery place

Rare
03-06-2013, 02:50 PM
dnt play elites then!!! simple
take sme fresh air nd go to sme greenery place

If you aren't going to play elite... why bother playing the game?

Missovo
03-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Yea i agre , elite maps are to hard ! i have all the best gear almost and still go in there and git one shot , not even enought time to pop a potion or two lol

Please fix this .

automagically
03-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Or leave elites like they are just upgrade the gears so we bang a lil harder :D

Chaokaban
03-07-2013, 08:07 PM
Yea i agre , elite maps are to hard ! i have all the best gear almost and still go in there and git one shot , not even enought time to pop a potion or two lol

Please fix this .

Yes,I agree they should fix that.