PDA

View Full Version : In Development - New Exploration Maps and Balance Refinements

Samhayne
03-05-2013, 06:31 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21179&d=1354820422

The Arcane Legends Development Team is continuing to look at how players are playing Arcane Legends PvP and PvE and work on balance and refinements. While I don't have specifics to share, I can say that Elite Map difficulty is something the team is working on. The intent is for Elite Maps to be challenging - but not so much that they lack fun. Additionally, there are two new "Exploration" maps coming soon.

Let's take a closer at the new maps. These are still being created, but here is a sneak peek.

These 2 new areas will unlock after you've defeated Bloodhammer in Skull Cove. When you talk to Captain Hanna Raven, you will have the option to go exploring.

These two new areas are analogous to the up-scaled versions of the Crypts and Tombs that were added along with the Dead City expansion. There are Elite versions of these maps and they have some unique drops from the end bosses.

Here is a quick look at the Bosses:

At this time, we're planning on patching this content and balance changes out probably next week. We'll keep you posted on the progress and thanks for playing Arcane Legends!

moonway03
03-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Woot!

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Arcanee
03-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Cool

Nananana
03-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Looks nice, I'm sure it'll be really challenging!

ctf
03-05-2013, 07:23 PM
So that means more elite boss achievements!? YAAAA!

GoodSyntax
03-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Yikes! The expansions are coming quickly now!

Great work STS team!

Bastok
03-05-2013, 07:44 PM
This is awesome news and exactly what Arcane Legends needs! Excellent job STS, and keep the goodies coming on a regular basis!

Rollo
03-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Wonderful, you guys are listening too the players :)

Wizard_Mike
03-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Nice!

Energizeric
03-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Awesome! It looks like someone else has my kraken skewer! hehe.

Lady_Pebbles
03-05-2013, 08:57 PM
More maps and bosses to kill? Sweet. What will be some of the drops?

Deadbite
03-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Pl, dl, sl.

Samhayne
03-05-2013, 09:20 PM

The drops are still being worked on. We will have a closer look probably later this week.

ishyrionek
03-05-2013, 09:58 PM
1. Prices will go down... I hope not too much.
2. Guys who did respec char ( specially tank warriors) from last patch, can feel little sad if it will mean for them more respec, to old builds.
3. Wizard in photos have no shield! Gl in pvp lol :-)
4. I wonder will it be just easier, or mb drop will be balanced to dificulty too... Like 100% chance to chest from skull cave or somethink.

digitalbot
03-05-2013, 10:00 PM
why would price drop? its a bigger world, less faming on certain maps, new gear ..etcetc

Noobiam
03-05-2013, 10:07 PM
cool!

fatcharlie
03-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Much needed development especially with elite maps...as of the moment its not fun anymore playing elites.

Vystirch
03-05-2013, 11:20 PM
Wonderful, you guys are listening too the players :)

They always do :) we just normally don't notice. Like a child wanting the next toy after having a new one for 5 minutes.

-Vys

just comment
03-05-2013, 11:25 PM
will you fix war's losing aggro issue, and mage one hit killed by boss ?

Jcyee
03-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Ooh cool! Updates coming really fast these days! Seems like I'm starting to fall behind haha

xtinafx
03-05-2013, 11:36 PM
I think I speak for most, but the difficulty on elite maps is ridiculous. I understand that its suppose to be difficult, but right now it isnt fun (as mentioned). Ive seen a lot of people quit recently and its sad because this game has so much potential! Im sticking around to see the development, but my dedication to actual game play isnt what it use to be. Hopefully that will change soon!

Also, if the elite bosses were guaranteed to drop something actually elite (item worth more than 50k, elite chests, good chunk of gold), then it would be worth the time spent. Right now its not even worth it and quite the disappointment.

Oliver Kiss
03-06-2013, 01:30 AM
Devs don't forget to balance the mages too

JaytB
03-06-2013, 01:33 AM
Maybe instead of easier elite maps, make the top gear actually elite? This way, people who went out of their way to get the best gear in their class would be able to clear the maps easier. People with crappy gear should have a much harder time. So basically, you'd need elite gear to be able to complete elite levels.

Anyway, happy to hear the team is looking into the elite maps difficulty. I can only speak for myself when saying that I really don't enjoy the current difficulty level. Even with supposedly top gear, it takes forever to kill 1 measly mob. Also looking forward to the new maps :D

Akaee
03-06-2013, 01:51 AM
Maybe instead of easier elite maps, make the top gear actually elite? This way, people who went out of their way to get the best gear in their class would be able to clear the maps easier. People with crappy gear should have a much harder time. So basically, you'd need elite gear to be able to complete elite levels.

Anyway, happy to hear the team is looking into the elite maps difficulty. I can only speak for myself when saying that I really don't enjoy the current difficulty level. Even with supposedly top gear, it takes forever to kill 1 measly mob. Also looking forward to the new maps :D

So u need elite gear to get elite gear?? How can you get it if you cant run elite maps without elite gear??

Vystirch
03-06-2013, 01:58 AM
So u need elite gear to get elite gear?? How can you get it if you cant run elite maps without elite gear??

I can run it now without elite gear.....

Matutd
03-06-2013, 02:06 AM

In theory this is a decent idea, but for elite gear to make the current elite maps more fun they'd need to be like 2x better than the current elite gear. I can see the PvP complaining threads now....

Uicheusa
03-06-2013, 02:27 AM
As for now, elite mode is not about skill or build, it's about how little you care about your fingers' feeling...

JaytB
03-06-2013, 02:39 AM
In theory this is a decent idea, but for elite gear to make the current elite maps more fun they'd need to be like 2x better than the current elite gear. I can see the PvP complaining threads now....

They could nerf the stats in PvP? Or, as I personally always hoped, they could completely seperate PvP and PvE stats/builds. It's the balancing act for both PvP and PvE that makes things hard IMO. As you said, it would definitely bring out a lot of complaining the way current things are. Splitting up PvP and PvE stats/builds could possibly prevent that. It would also take care of the crappy (top) PvP builds that are fairly useless for PvE.

Ow well, one can dream right?

SouLBlizzard
03-06-2013, 02:55 AM
Ohh yeah great...Fixed that all.For now I will just do story token quest then log out...Maybe will back after this update if it balanced.

Lady_Pebbles
03-06-2013, 03:12 AM

The drops are still being worked on. We will have a closer look probably later this week.

Nice! Thanks to the dev team for busting their butts on this in a short time. I know I can be a pain & many of us get on your case a lot (perse) but we mean well lol. Besides, its the only way to let yall know how we feel!

That being said... Can yall please focus more on the player base thats not all about plat? I mean come on, yall are pushing it lately.. Hitting a very thin line. It feels like that line will be cut soon. x.x Considering the survey that was sent a whiiiiile back regarding subscriptions and what we want.. Etc... Im beginning to think yall are heading that route & preparing us for it while testing us to see what type of reaction you'd get.... >_< *analyzing a lot* lol

Xwift
03-06-2013, 03:29 AM
Would be cool if you could finish elite maps in say half the time or less with top of the line elite gear that are ridiculously pricey, would make them more worthwhile. They are only marginally better now for an exponential amount of the price. But the devs would need to introduce all new gear for that to work.

Abuse
03-06-2013, 04:25 AM
I stopped Arcane Legends because I think 2.600 XP per Level and 26.000 XP till Level 26 is so much, and you don't have a place where it's fun to get Experience. (I am Level 23 now) Watchers Tomb 4 is sooo boring and I don't want to do it 40 times to Level up. (It was not fun @ all to get from Level 20 to 21) :/

Please increase the amount of XP you get for playing normal Maps or create a new place, where you can level up faster with a group of players which are >20.

Energizeric
03-06-2013, 04:55 AM

Good point. The elite gear that was discussed in the other thread is not really so elite. The bloodhammer gear has the same stats as demonlord/sealord, and the mage, rogue & warrior weapons are nice looking and all, but they should really all have better stats than they do.

Vystirch
03-06-2013, 04:57 AM
I stopped Arcane Legends because I think 2.600 XP per Level and 26.000 XP till Level 26 is so much, and you don't have a place where it's fun to get Experience. (I am Level 23 now) Watchers Tomb 4 is sooo boring and I don't want to do it 40 times to Level up. (It was not fun @ all to get from Level 20 to 21) :/

Please increase the amount of XP you get for playing normal Maps or create a new place, where you can level up faster with a group of players which are >20.

Play pl and get to lvl76 cap :/

Vystirch
03-06-2013, 05:00 AM
Nice! Thanks to the dev team for busting their butts on this in a short time. I know I can be a pain & many of us get on your case a lot (perse) but we mean well lol. Besides, its the only way to let yall know how we feel!

That being said... Can yall please focus more on the player base thats not all about plat? I mean come on, yall are pushing it lately.. Hitting a very thin line. It feels like that line will be cut soon. x.x Considering the survey that was sent a whiiiiile back regarding subscriptions and what we want.. Etc... Im beginning to think yall are heading that route & preparing us for it while testing us to see what type of reaction you'd get.... >_< *analyzing a lot* lol

There could be a subscription users hip on the way, with small perks but it could still be played for free.... This is what I have talked to a couple devs about. I actually would like for the game to get a subscription, because besides the perks players get STS now has elevated themselves to a higher lvl and must produce even more material. (Not that they haven't been doing this already) it just means that it becomes a must for them to do.

Lady_Pebbles
03-06-2013, 06:09 AM
I don't think its something they have to do but it* seems like an option. Considering the route they've gone with making Plat only Achievements. I mean it works for DL without a subscription but at least its easier to get there than it is here. Way more demanding to spend money here.

AtariX
03-06-2013, 06:15 AM

It would be awesome if you did the same as you did with the elite mobs - those bosses (elite) would have their own unique drop, a weapon, but this time, it woudl have even more dps than those depraved or at least to get near it (like with ALP) and the awesome bonus procs, the current weapons, which drop from bosses and seem to match to myhic items have.

Asaka
03-06-2013, 06:21 AM
New levels is very exciting indeed, I was finally getting my elite grove back last night so I cant wait to play some new ones. Funny this is here because Moderator Dalphine ( Delphine?) was on last night telling everyone that new levels were coming and fielding questions from players. :)

Thank you STS for your ongoing support of AL, I am so glad to see things addressed in such a timely fashion.

gundamsone
03-06-2013, 06:31 AM
I noticed with the Jarl buff, the main goal was to get players to farm "other" elite maps correct?

Instead of doing this, I ask that you guys differentiate the equipment stats for the elite drops in each area.
A lvl 26 clever demonlogist of security should not have the same stats as a lvl 26 demonlord robe of security or a lvl 26 sealord wrappings of security.

In addition I would also prefer if specific bosses dropped specific gear in chests so players arn't grinding 1 elite map for the entire season.
Players are now averaging 2-3minutes for Jarl, Tower, Pirateboat for the sole purpose of fast drops since all chests have equal chance of dropping the same gear.

If you implement this it will force players to farm other maps, and those who can productively do it will reap the benefits. Some of the other maps atm are "longer" so players will most likely purchase plat elixirs to help speed up the process. In the end I think it's a win-win situation for everyone.

ishyrionek
03-06-2013, 06:31 AM

Lol, getting 25 is really eassy. If you wanna faster then go combo 7 days 50% exp + 1h 50% = bonus 100%. If you wanna other map, try hauntlet or normal (not elite) grog beach.
Now 25->26 is hard, but you dont really need it. 25 with 25 gear is really god :-)
So dont give up, try lvling up 25, then see if u wanna give up.

yoho
03-06-2013, 07:23 AM
New pair of mythic and arcane pets would be awesome, droppable from new exploration maps.

psychobunny
03-06-2013, 08:42 AM
Yey! New maaps! Nice job!

Hope there'll be new types of weapons and gear. ^_^

Dragonrider023
03-06-2013, 09:04 AM
YAY, our time has come!

SouLBlizzard
03-06-2013, 09:29 AM
I noticed some gear with the same name for L25 is more expansive than L26...Maybe thats one of the reason you should level up LOL

Vystirch
03-06-2013, 10:03 AM
I don't think its something they have to do but it* seems like an option. Considering the route they've gone with making Plat only Achievements. I mean it works for DL without a subscription but at least its easier to get there than it is here. Way more demanding to spend money here.

Swede was telling me it basically is either subscription in the future or they make another title.....

Valsacar
03-06-2013, 10:34 AM
I'm sorry, but all this whining about how hard ELITE is gets quite tiring. It should be hard, and honestly I think it's good the way it is, it might take a little too long for some maps, but the difficulty is fine. 10-15 minutes is ideal, but guess what... it just came out, people haven't found the best strategies for each map yet.

I'm a sorc, arguably (and it's not a hard argument) the weakest class. Yet I enjoy elites, I've found strategies that work, I don't die nearly as much as I did, and I do good damage. I've noticed that, 85-90% of the time, if I die, the rest of the party is right after me. Weather that is because the crowd control I was offering was needed, or we pulled too many, I'm not going to try and understand. All I know is, with a strong strategy I die about as often as the other players in my group.

Vystirch
03-06-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm sorry, but all this whining about how hard ELITE is gets quite tiring. It should be hard, and honestly I think it's good the way it is, it might take a little too long for some maps, but the difficulty is fine. 10-15 minutes is ideal, but guess what... it just came out, people haven't found the best strategies for each map yet.

I'm a sorc, arguably (and it's not a hard argument) the weakest class. Yet I enjoy elites, I've found strategies that work, I don't die nearly as much as I did, and I do good damage. I've noticed that, 85-90% of the time, if I die, the rest of the party is right after me. Weather that is because the crowd control I was offering was needed, or we pulled too many, I'm not going to try and understand. All I know is, with a strong strategy I die about as often as the other players in my group.

For real, elites arnt too hard and a great party/friends/guild to run with is the key.....

Syylent
03-06-2013, 11:55 AM

Same 26k exp to 26? Forget about it.. It will take me over a month.

Also PvP is just silly.. Balancing issues are in the toilet.

Vystirch
03-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Same 26k exp to 26? Forget about it.. It will take me over a month.

Also PvP is just silly.. Balancing issues are in the toilet.

Took me a night....

Syylent
03-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Took me a night....

Congrats? I think.

Vystirch
03-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Congrats? I think.

Well it rly isn't that hard just about a total of 8hours of tomb grinding.... Pure, don't give up just devote a bit of time each day to it. 30min a day will take I far.

Syylent
03-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Well it rly isn't that hard just about a total of 8hours of tomb grinding.... Pure, don't give up just devote a bit of time each day to it. 30min a day will take I far.

Not necessarily. I won't spend 8 hours a night. It just won't happen. On average, I get maybe 1k a night. Yesterday I worked 12 hours. When I was at my daughters dance I logged in in and got maybe 40 exp. Tried some PvP then left. Was one shotted by a warrior 3 times. I have around 2k health.

I can't find a good place for exp. Normal routine I can get about 1k a night. Simple math. 26 days. Still with the new patch the fun is gone for a variety of reasons. It fells like a chore anymore. When all I want to do is PvP... well I guess it says it all.

I logged and finished watching my daughters rehearsal.

ishyrionek
03-06-2013, 12:57 PM
If you got too much real life, its obviously, getting 26 will be hard. Dp you need it? I got few friends, who farm on 25 alot :-) If need, then try hauntlet, or non elite grog beach runs. Maybe new dungs will be good to exp, who know :-)

Syylent
03-06-2013, 01:06 PM
If you got too much real life, its obviously, getting 26 will be hard. Dp you need it? I got few friends, who farm on 25 alot :-) If need, then try hauntlet, or non elite grog beach runs. Maybe new dungs will be good to exp, who know :-)

One can hope.

Just one man's opinion.

Abuse
03-06-2013, 01:15 PM

That's my point, it would take me 8 hours of boring WT4 or 800 hours of playing normal maps... you see, it could be better, right?

I just don't have the motivation to Level up anymore, I played WT4 soooooo often till Level 23 and now, 31.200 XP left ?! :(

Wowsome
03-06-2013, 01:48 PM
IMO only elite skull cove needs to be changed. I actually enjoy the level of other elite maps.

TBH I had lost all enthu to level up to 26 .. then somehow I did it on my main warrior last weekend :). But I am definitely not doing it again!

Vystirch
03-06-2013, 02:36 PM
That's my point, it would take me 8 hours of boring WT4 or 800 hours of playing normal maps... you see, it could be better, right?

I just don't have the motivation to Level up anymore, I played WT4 soooooo often till Level 23 and now, 31.200 XP left ?! :(

Well all I can rly say is it is nothing to the PL lvl76 cap.....

Khylan
03-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Elite trash mobs have way to many hp. It's too much of a time sink clearing trash.
Lower the hp, up the health regeneration and damage, and a balanced group with decent dps should mow through it..solo player, not so much. Devs did this with Everquest back in the day.
Add zone loot to the tables like DL for each expansion zone, and loot tables for the bosses.
People will keep logging in if they know there is a chance to get a specific item.
The whole chest/elite chest isn't sustainable. Dump it, add loot tables and keep the chests for the old content (other than the Grand Crates...great idea there).
Plus, why the whole mythic/arcane nonsense? Make arcane stuff plat only that can't be sold in CS and mythic world drops from bosses...DL has the whole loot thing down, great ideas there

stackz
03-06-2013, 04:27 PM
Meh. I'm just hoping the regular lvls get rebalanced. I have been stuck at 23 since the expansion as I'm a part time player...play at lunch and randomly after work between rest of my life etc. Never had an issue lvling..or heck just surviving all the lvls to get thru campaign and see which map I liked. All of them r brutal to the point I just log in to buy/sell for a couple minutes. I don't even want to buy plat to open crates anymore just because the thought of getting lvl 23 mythic or arcane item scares me vs a 26 item lol. Honestly if it doesn't even back out a bit I will likely I've all my stuff to a guild and uninstall. I like spending money on FUN games, not irritating ones

CosmoxKramer
03-06-2013, 04:41 PM
the 26000 XP needed for lvl 26 is only 58 trips into W4 with a +50% elixir. At 6-10 minutes per run (6 good group/guild, 10 crappy pug) is ONLY (sarcasm} 5.8-9.67 hours, with no deaths. If you die and the group doesn't wipe, then you can add more time.

This could make the game a lot less monotonous and grindy feeling by giving the quests more XP to where you get decent XP from quests
Boss Kill quests - (your level or difficulty level Level) * 5
Non boss 1 time quests - (your level or difficulty level Level) * 3
daily quests - your level * 1

This way doing dailies would grant decent xp, etc.
To get from 21-26 I believe it took (1600+(2600*3)+26000) = 35400 XP. 21-25 is nearly 50% of 25-26, so add another 3-5 hours.

The KI quest chain involved 5 Boss kill quests and 1 mob kill + now 2 dailies which could have been (using difficulty level of 21-25 per new zone), 105+110+115+120+125= 575 for boss quests
3*lvl 21 for the initial kill quest that you get from the guy in Windmore for 63 XP.
50 / day for the 2 dailies at level 25.

It's a moderate amount, not too excessive but i think a very useful change that could be made to make the game less of a grind. It would make dailies a bit more exciting when you are trying to get to that max level. Obviously the people that hit max in 8hr won't use dailies, but the people taking there time or that can't sit and play for 8 straight hours because they work or have babies can still get there without being bored to death in W4. I think honestly the multipliers (1-3-5) i used could be even higher like 3-6-9 or 2-4-8 respectively

Energizeric
03-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Again here the complaints are of the same usual form that is "Everyone must be able to achieve everything in the game in a short period of time or else it is too hard". Sorry, but that is just plain old boring if it ever becomes like that.

There should always be some things in the game that NOT everyone can achieve even if they put in tons of time, and then there should be things that can only be achieved by those that put in tons of time. Sorry, but your effort should at least be somewhat proportional to your success in this game. If someone does play 8 hours per night, then they should achieve more than the guy who plays for 10-15 minutes on his lunch break. You can still have fun playing 10-15 minutes on your lunch break, but don't expect to be able to finish all the dungeons, don't expect to get all the achievements, and don't expect to have top quality gear.

Lazeeboy
03-06-2013, 05:36 PM
They could introduce a pvp stat that is on gear obtained through pvp.. You could use normal gear but it wouldn't be as effective in pvp, even if stats are much better than that on the pvp gear. You could maybe get pvp coins through pvp wins which can be used to buy various levels of pvp gear, starting with a cheap common set, all the way up to maybe an arcane set which would be near impossible to get (so everybody and their mother doesn't end up getting it). This is similar to resilience in World of Warcraft.

It seems to me that this system of adding a 'PvP' stat to gear, wouldn't be too hard to implement.

Just some food for thought.

Vystirch
03-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Again here the complaints are of the same usual form that is "Everyone must be able to achieve everything in the game in a short period of time or else it is too hard". Sorry, but that is just plain old boring if it ever becomes like that.

There should always be some things in the game that NOT everyone can achieve even if they put in tons of time, and then there should be things that can only be achieved by those that put in tons of time. Sorry, but your effort should at least be somewhat proportional to your success in this game. If someone does play 8 hours per night, then they should achieve more than the guy who plays for 10-15 minutes on his lunch break. You can still have fun playing 10-15 minutes on your lunch break, but don't expect to be able to finish all the dungeons, don't expect to get all the achievements, and don't expect to have top quality gear.

*clap clap!*

-Vys

Caiahar
03-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Big giant blue crab...familiar....Big ghost pirate shark with a sword, also familiar.

CosmoxKramer
03-06-2013, 10:27 PM
@energizeric- talking about my post? I don't it makes it that much easier. It just gives you a different route than grinding. If you had to travel around to different places to do quests and get 25 xp and the zone was only 100 xp but the stuff is more spread out than W4. I think people can still grind W4 type places for the fastest xp, but adding 600x from new quests in a new expansion, plus the option for 50 bonus xp per day isn't a lot. It just is another avenue to reaching your goal. You can take the straight line or the longer curly line. The only thing it adds to everyone would be the few initial 1 time turn in quests for ~650 xp /35k needed to max. Thatiswhere less than 2% of total XP. In full MMOs doing quests is just about the only way to level.

Energizeric
03-07-2013, 04:25 AM
@energizeric- talking about my post? I don't it makes it that much easier. It just gives you a different route than grinding. If you had to travel around to different places to do quests and get 25 xp and the zone was only 100 xp but the stuff is more spread out than W4. I think people can still grind W4 type places for the fastest xp, but adding 600x from new quests in a new expansion, plus the option for 50 bonus xp per day isn't a lot. It just is another avenue to reaching your goal. You can take the straight line or the longer curly line. The only thing it adds to everyone would be the few initial 1 time turn in quests for ~650 xp /35k needed to max. Thatiswhere less than 2% of total XP. In full MMOs doing quests is just about the only way to level.

I wasn't responding to your post, mostly the ones before it.

Heiki
03-07-2013, 05:29 AM
I'm at about my wit's end on endlessly grinding to 26 by running Hauntlet over and over and..... over and over. Hopefully this'll bring some much needed variety to the leveling process.

I know the game starts at endgame really but not everyone can grind to cap in a day (the "Top 50 first to 26" thread is just sad) and i am thoroughly NOT enjoying my playtime right now.

I'm forcing to log on because i do enjoy PvP but i need to get to cap and geared for it to be enjoyable. Sigh.

At least if running the new maps was worth something...but no I have to collect useless lvl 15 gear while leveling up.

stackz
03-07-2013, 07:13 AM
Lol @ energizer whatever its spelled. This is not WOW or starcraft or anything like that. Its a mobile based app game. Literally thats what it is. It should be treated as such. Simple as that. Im glad u r passionate to the point of trying to convince others, seriously happy for u. But once this game reaxches the point its no longer fun in passing to the point the casual player loses their OCD over it. Half the player base will drop off just like all other sts games. It is what it is.

Nerola
03-07-2013, 08:21 AM
Please consider changing the Dead Seas map so that it doesn't auto start like after 15 seconds. It takes like 10-20 tries to even have a team of 3 together to ATTEMPT the elite map. Frustration to the max.

CosmoxKramer
03-07-2013, 08:26 AM
Please consider changing the Dead Seas map so that it doesn't auto start like after 15 seconds. It takes like 10-20 tries to even have a team of 3 together to ATTEMPT the elite map. Frustration to the max.

Agreed, You should have to talk to the NPC to kick it off...(once you have your team together)

Syylent
03-07-2013, 09:14 AM

No where did I say that. I was giving one man's opinion. I never understood the concept of time = success in an online game. I always thought that was bogus.

I don't have top gear. I don't expect too unless I shell out a ton of money to buy money and then buy them in the AH. That's not my style.

I want balance in PvP. I at least want a chance instead of my arrows shooting behind me and hitting nothing when the person is right in front. I don't want to be jump spin one shot by a warrior. Yes I have 2k health.

I don't want to spend 1 month+ to get 26k exp. It took me 10 days to go from 20 to 21. I was fine with that. I was still wearing my level 20 gear in PvP at 21.

Anyway, It doesn't matter if they want to listen or not. I am expressing an old man's opinion. It's their game and whatever they do is their choice. I happened to enjoy it for the first few months and would share why I don't.

" Sorry, but your effort should at least be somewhat proportional to your success in this game. If someone does play 8 hours per night, then they should achieve more than the guy who plays for 10-15 minutes on his lunch break." Like I said we will disagree on this point. It also depends on what you define as success. If you want top gear sure I will go for that. If you are talking about a chance to compete then nah I do not agree.

Syylent
03-07-2013, 09:22 AM
the 26000 XP needed for lvl 26 is only 58 trips into W4 with a +50% elixir. At 6-10 minutes per run (6 good group/guild, 10 crappy pug) is ONLY (sarcasm} 5.8-9.67 hours, with no deaths. If you die and the group doesn't wipe, then you can add more time.

This could make the game a lot less monotonous and grindy feeling by giving the quests more XP to where you get decent XP from quests
Boss Kill quests - (your level or difficulty level Level) * 5
Non boss 1 time quests - (your level or difficulty level Level) * 3
daily quests - your level * 1

This way doing dailies would grant decent xp, etc.
To get from 21-26 I believe it took (1600+(2600*3)+26000) = 35400 XP. 21-25 is nearly 50% of 25-26, so add another 3-5 hours.

The KI quest chain involved 5 Boss kill quests and 1 mob kill + now 2 dailies which could have been (using difficulty level of 21-25 per new zone), 105+110+115+120+125= 575 for boss quests
3*lvl 21 for the initial kill quest that you get from the guy in Windmore for 63 XP.
50 / day for the 2 dailies at level 25.

It's a moderate amount, not too excessive but i think a very useful change that could be made to make the game less of a grind. It would make dailies a bit more exciting when you are trying to get to that max level. Obviously the people that hit max in 8hr won't use dailies, but the people taking there time or that can't sit and play for 8 straight hours because they work or have babies can still get there without being bored to death in W4. I think honestly the multipliers (1-3-5) i used could be even higher like 3-6-9 or 2-4-8 respectively

Math seems right. Have you been in a crappy pug lately? Warriors wanting the rogue to tank? The mage busy petting his tank. A heal.... I doubt any crappy pug tank or mage knows what a heal is.. I chug 50 health potions just to get through one. Crappy pugs give new meaning to crappy.

Still I get more like 300 exp per run which is more like 87 trips. Then waiting time for a crappy pug. Yeah probably should join a guild only have met one that really peaked my interest. The rest have whiney members in them.

CosmoxKramer
03-07-2013, 09:30 AM
i'm not sure if you are talking to me here or not. I get in good and crappy pugs and my guild is just fine. I don't mind chugging pots, i have to as a mage.

I don't think the XP in the game makes much sense. XP goes up with each expansion, but the XP per run (of W4) goes down. In full scale MMO's you the XP goes up, xp from kills go up, xp from quests go up....it all scales...In STS games they go in opposite directions..

Energizeric
03-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Lots of folks here keep saying they just want good gear so they can compete in PvP. Well, I don't understand why you pursue endgame then. Why not pick a level (16 or 21 maybe) and just stay at that level to PvP?? Then you won't have to worry about ever leveling up and you won't have to worry about getting new gear every 2 months. There are plenty of people at twink levels doing PvP.

The reason STS is never going to change the game to your liking is because PvP represents only a small portion of the game, and for the most part very little of their revenue comes from PvP. And those players who play 15 minutes per day are not driving this game, it is indeed those players who play for 8 hours. Making the suggestions you ask for happen would result in most of those players leaving for another game since they would become bored very quick. Unless there are new things to do to fill hours each day, people who have that much time to play will become very bored.

I can't speak for others, but personally what drives me to play every day is the constant quest for better gear and the leaderboards. I want there to always be better gear available no matter how much I play. There should always be rarer and more exclusive gear available. That's why I'm glad they added the mythic and arcane items. No I don't have any mythic and arcane items yet, but I hope to in the future and that drives me to succeed in the game.

This is the last I'm going to argue about this same issue. I obviously have a difference of opinion with a lot of folks, so I guess we will see what STS does. I just feel like you are complaining about things that don't really affect you. It's as if you are saying "since I cannot have arcane and mythic gear, then nobody should be able to have it" or "since I cannot complete a certain dungeon then that dungeon must be made easier". But there are plenty of easier dungeons out there. I just don't understand the need to have everything in a short time. Why can there not be something for both folks that play 15 minutes per day and those who are more hardcore players?

Does it bother you in real life that some folks drive a Ferrari and you cannot afford one?? For me it motivates me to try to be more successful so maybe one day I can achieve that. Same goes for the game.

CosmoxKramer
03-07-2013, 12:24 PM
I can't speak for others, but personally what drives me to play every day is the constant quest for better gear and the leaderboards. I want there to always be better gear available no matter how much I play. There should always be rarer and more exclusive gear available. That's why I'm glad they added the mythic and arcane items. No I don't have any mythic and arcane items yet, but I hope to in the future and that drives me to succeed in the game.
This!^^

Syylent
03-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Lots of folks here keep saying they just want good gear so they can compete in PvP. Well, I don't understand why you pursue endgame then. Why not pick a level (16 or 21 maybe) and just stay at that level to PvP?? Then you won't have to worry about ever leveling up and you won't have to worry about getting new gear every 2 months. There are plenty of people at twink levels doing PvP.

The reason STS is never going to change the game to your liking is because PvP represents only a small portion of the game, and for the most part very little of their revenue comes from PvP. And those players who play 15 minutes per day are not driving this game, it is indeed those players who play for 8 hours. Making the suggestions you ask for happen would result in most of those players leaving for another game since they would become bored very quick. Unless there are new things to do to fill hours each day, people who have that much time to play will become very bored.

This is the last I'm going to argue about this same issue. I obviously have a difference of opinion with a lot of folks, so I guess we will see what STS does. I just feel like you are complaining about things that don't really affect you. It's as if you are saying "since I cannot have arcane and mythic gear, then nobody should be able to have it" or "since I cannot complete a certain dungeon then that dungeon must be made easier". But there are plenty of easier dungeons out there. I just don't understand the need to have everything in a short time. Why can there not be something for both folks that play 15 minutes per day and those who are more hardcore players?

Does it bother you in real life that some folks drive a Ferrari and you cannot afford one?? For me it motivates me to try to be more successful so maybe one day I can achieve that. Same goes for the game.

My last post on this. Since when is voicing your opinion complaining. I think you have your definitions messed up.

I really don't care what kind of car you drive, Ferrari or beater. I don't care what your wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend or next door neighbor looks like. I don't covet what others have.

So I leave them with what I enjoyed about the game and what I now do not enjoy. No complaints just opinions.

Vystirch
03-07-2013, 01:53 PM
My last post on this. Since when is voicing your opinion complaining. I think you have your definitions messed up.

I really don't care what kind of car you drive, Ferrari or beater. I don't care what your wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend or next door neighbor looks like. I don't covet what others have.

So I leave them with what I enjoyed about the game and what I now do not enjoy. No complaints just opinions.

If I may say something all opinions are complaints because they don't like what they see.

Khylan
03-07-2013, 03:21 PM
For all those whining about how hard it is to grind to 26 (or any elite cap), why is it so important?

Please explain to me what content you are unable to play at 25 that requires you to be 26? The stat gain from 25 to 26 is marginal, as is the quality of the gear. This isn't WoW where you need to be capped to raid and get raid lewtz. So why does it matter?

My rogue is 26, warrior 25..and shocker....I can do the same content with both toons! I really have no desire to grind to 26 with him. The only thing my warrior can't use is the mythic helm, but hey, if I magically had one of those I imagine that would light a fire, eh?

The elite cap is designed for those players willing to put the time in to get there. If elite maps were locked until level 26, then yes your argument might have merit but that is not the case.

Seriously, just make another toon and level it to 25, or think of the grind to 26 as exp while leveling pets..believe me, getting a pet to 25 when you are 26 is very, very boring.

Raxin
03-07-2013, 06:25 PM

Focus on freeloaders instead of plat buyers.... Not profitable.... You may think they are making al fir your amusement but i assure you its all about the benjamins

kenjhie
03-07-2013, 06:29 PM
i hope someday there could be a vending option that everypeople can look at what you are selling. so u can just wait it is better than standing and saying you are selling :< because auction eats all our money

Phoebehottie
03-07-2013, 06:50 PM
I really hope you increse the lvl cap. Soon and i hope u increase 10 lvls this next development

Hoping for more vanities just a suggestion you cantry putting stats on the vanities so that it will be worth buying thanks....

^_^ phoebehottie^_^

yoho
03-07-2013, 06:53 PM
I really hope you increse the lvl cap. Soon and i hope u increase 10 lvls this next development

Hoping for more vanities just a suggestion you cantry putting stats on the vanities so that it will be worth buying thanks....

^_^ phoebehottie^_^

1. I hope they not
2. and not

just comment
03-08-2013, 12:04 AM
I don't want to spend 1 month+ to get 26k exp. It took me 10 days to go from 20 to 21. I was fine with that. I was still wearing my level 20 gear in PvP at 21.

syylent, is syylent your nick name at game ? or just at forum ?
no intention to offense and no intention lecturing, but you took too long time to lvl, so there must be something wrong with how do you earn exp . .
if syylent is your nick in the game, everytime i online i'll pm you, and invite you to party ..
so i can show you how to earn exp effectively ;p
if you mind of course ;p

Thegrimreaper
03-08-2013, 01:38 AM
I noticed with the Jarl buff, the main goal was to get players to farm "other" elite maps correct?

Instead of doing this, I ask that you guys differentiate the equipment stats for the elite drops in each area.
A lvl 26 clever demonlogist of security should not have the same stats as a lvl 26 demonlord robe of security or a lvl 26 sealord wrappings of security.

In addition I would also prefer if specific bosses dropped specific gear in chests so players arn't grinding 1 elite map for the entire season.
Players are now averaging 2-3minutes for Jarl, Tower, Pirateboat for the sole purpose of fast drops since all chests have equal chance of dropping the same gear.

If you implement this it will force players to farm other maps, and those who can productively do it will reap the benefits. Some of the other maps atm are "longer" so players will most likely purchase plat elixirs to help speed up the process. In the end I think it's a win-win situation for everyone.

Honestly sts should just hire a few of us as consultants. samhayne is the community guy..delph is the mod and they should have a group of community elders that bridge the gap between the ton of players and Sam....I give Sam credit but he's just one guy that gets hundreds of PMS a day and that's a pain....I personally volunteer for this for free.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

psychobunny
03-08-2013, 09:01 AM
I totally AGREE with ENERGIZERIC. if there arent anymore challenging stuff happeming in the game.. I would've left ages ago. Thats why i love what they're doing. Its spicing up the gaming experience. Cause if they dont, i'd probably be snoring in less than 5mins of playing.. And yes, there are strategies on how to finish elite maps. Formulating these strategies also makes the experience more worthwhile..

Syylent
03-08-2013, 09:08 AM
no intention to offense and no intention lecturing, but you took too long time to lvl, so there must be something wrong with how do you earn exp . .
if syylent is your nick in the game, everytime i online i'll pm you, and invite you to party ..
if you mind of course ;p

It's Syylynt ig. I think.

I don't mind hints or guides. I don't mind suggestions. It is very hard to offend me, so no worries.

Yes it takes me a while to level. Last night was one run of island (quest) then pvp for 20 mins then I logged. Funniest dang thing last night. Warriors complaining about the warrior "glitch".

Deformity
03-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Good news! Thanks STS!

Just opinions...

For elite run make the mobs lil bit easier to kill, and for the bosses just let him be or maybe make them a lot stronger...

Its just opinions tho :)

Mysticaleagle
03-08-2013, 03:08 PM
StS, will you also fix the non-stash able Banners?

H2N
03-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Good news! Thanks STS!

Just opinions...

For elite run make the mobs lil bit easier to kill, and for the bosses just let him be or maybe make them a lot stronger...

Its just opinions tho :)

We hear you. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89264-2013-03-08-Content-Update-%28115271%29

H2N
03-08-2013, 03:11 PM
StS, will you also fix the non-stash able Banners?

This has been fixed, but didn't make today's (2013-03-08) update. It should be included in the next update, sometime early next week.

Szangheili
03-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Hopefully i can cap by then. And hopefully I can finally become lucky enough to get decent drops, seems like I never have, and never will.

Mysticaleagle
03-08-2013, 03:40 PM
This has been fixed, but didn't make today's (2013-03-08) update. It should be included in the next update, sometime early next week.

Lol, thanks again H2N. :P

Szangheili
03-08-2013, 04:18 PM
if you mind of course ;p

Maybe he doesn't play the game often?? O.o we aren't all no lives you know..

digitalbot
03-08-2013, 04:20 PM
plus warriors 60dmg lower rouges mages 30dmg , give us warriors a boost in taunt.

why are mages rouges always becomming stronger?

sts knows what they are doing they making haters hate, and you know what its not a good look for them

Syylent
03-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Maybe he doesn't play the game often?? O.o we aren't all no lives you know..

This is very true mate.

digitalbot
03-08-2013, 06:58 PM
This is very true mate.

im a pipe fitter for navy submarines, although yeh still have no life, sts get ur game up!!

zeeduck
03-10-2013, 01:23 AM
I have a question Sam, will this raise the level now to 31 or is it still 26? Just curious;*]

Limsi
03-10-2013, 01:24 AM
I have a question, will this raise the level now to 31 or is it still 26?

Still at 26, think of it as an extension.

zeeduck
03-10-2013, 01:26 AM
Ty for clarifying;*]

Deformity
03-10-2013, 02:46 PM
We hear you. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89264-2013-03-08-Content-Update-%28115271%29

Ok it's perfect! Not to hard but not to easy either. Now let just wait what refinements gonna be change for next update. I hope not just refinements but also new model, not just different name's but shame shape or model between level 21 gear and 26. Ex. Sealord 26 and Demonlord 21.

Energizeric
03-10-2013, 06:06 PM
I suggest one more adjustment here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89502-Nerf-Elite-Grog-Beach

zeeduck
03-11-2013, 12:39 AM
Hi Sam! I'm guessing that you mean after we defeat the elite blood hammer then we are given the option to explore, yes?;*]

Carapace
03-11-2013, 12:51 AM
Hi Sam! I'm guessing that you mean after we defeat the elite blood hammer then we are given the option to explore, yes?;*]

Completing the Gypsy Rose questline up and through killing Bloodhammer and investigating the tomb associated with the final quest will provide access to the new content.

zeeduck
03-11-2013, 11:52 PM
Hello Carapace! I completed all the required quests and defeated blood hammer, but there was still no option to explore from Captain Haven. I would venture to guess that with the patch tomorrow, that will be remedied.;*]. If I am incorrect, please let me know. Thank you so much.;*]

Carapace
03-12-2013, 02:05 AM
Hello Carapace! I completed all the required quests and defeated blood hammer, but there was still no option to explore from Captain Haven. I would venture to guess that with the patch tomorrow, that will be remedied.;*]. If I am incorrect, please let me know. Thank you so much.;*]

Correct, when the content goes live you should be good to go!

Greencrow
03-12-2013, 11:12 AM
awesome!