PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones

LwMark
03-06-2013, 12:39 AM
Anybody watch this show? My gf got me hooked

KingFu
03-06-2013, 01:32 AM
Is that the show about the kid that's a wizard with the lightning bolt on his head?

GoodSyntax
03-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Probably my favorite show!!!!

I've also gotten into Spartacus, The Borgias and The Americans.

GoodSyntax
03-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Is that the show about the kid that's a wizard with the lightning bolt on his head?

I think that you are thinking Avatar - The Last Airbender (which is awesome also).

Game of Thrones is an epic Fantasy on HBO that is based on the books from George R. R. Martin. The show, which is tremendous, has all the plot twists and intrigue of the books. The first two seasons were essentially a relatively true adaptation of the first novel in the series A Song of Ice and Fire.

The show has won numerous awards, but in full disclosure , it is very graphic and not suitable for younger (and even early teen) audiences.

Rare
03-06-2013, 09:44 AM
One of my favorite shows

Uzii
03-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Yea love it.. now that u meantion it i need to see last 2 episodes of season 2.. hm where i have it in my disk now

GoodSyntax
03-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Icefilms.info - just sayin...

Riccits
03-06-2013, 11:09 AM
nice idea but to much blablabla... boring after a while....

Wowsome
03-07-2013, 03:32 AM
So awesome! Even started reading the book but could not find the time to complete it.

I think Season 3 starts airing on March 31st.

Kraoracha
03-07-2013, 04:45 AM
I watched half an episode, but it was not really the show for me.

GoodSyntax
03-07-2013, 07:11 AM
The series does start off slow...stick with it - it picks up speed like a freight engine going downhill. By the end of season 1 you will scream at the TV and wonder how/why, and now what?

dudetus
03-07-2013, 07:26 AM
I love the show but my bud spilled the secrets as he read the books.

KING OF THE NORTH DIES

Now I got my revenge.

Brave Sir Robin
03-07-2013, 08:04 AM
I think Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister) is enough reason to watch the show.
I am always looking forward to his next move, his next line...

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/Sfaliaras/Tyrion_zpsdf4a5fdd.jpg

Suentous PO
03-07-2013, 02:13 PM
I think that you are thinking Avatar - The Last Airbender .

No, he's saying you like Harry potter.
Anyhow, I liked the books but am afraid to get too much into it. I'm afraid G RR will never make it to finish it now that he's doing tv also. I don't want this to turn out like "dune" where someone else butchers the ending.
Brave sir is right the actor for Tyron is soo good G RR asked him to improv on camera.

dudetus
03-07-2013, 02:32 PM
I think Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister) is enough reason to watch the show.
I am always looking forward to his next move, his next line...

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/Sfaliaras/Tyrion_zpsdf4a5fdd.jpg

Haha totally agreed!

I myself like that the story has so many "main" characters. In the whole episode things move forward for like 5 minutes in each story. Instead of more regular shows in which the plot is the same plot for every single episode. And the plot always changes as it has so many different plots going on, almost in every single episode there happens something dramatic to one plot. The actors are magnificent, storyline is awesome, I love medieval tv-entertainment, what more can I expect from a tv-show? Nothing. It's the best tv-show I've ever watched.

I remember being all like "now who was this guy once again?" in the beginning but once I started learning who is who, I was completely hooked up.

LwMark
03-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Watching it now

dudetus
03-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Watching it now

25 days to go for Scandinavian season 3 premier :((((. I'm honestly jealous :((((.

Pls, plot discussion on spoilers.

Disko
03-07-2013, 03:18 PM
BEST. SHOW. EVER.

Silly Ninja! Season 3 doesnt start here until March 31... Mark is re-watching or catching up!

Highly recommend the books too, so much more BG detail and my favorite character (Arya) is so PRO in that storyline! But I'm only reading after each season, so pls ppl, no spoilers!!

FluffNStuff
03-07-2013, 03:20 PM
LOVING the SHOW!!!!
Peter Dinklage is complete ownage!
Also read book 1.

CrimsonTider
03-07-2013, 03:37 PM
I love it! Second best show running right now behind Dexter. I have started reading the books and so far the show follows the books very well.

Wowsome
03-07-2013, 04:23 PM
To add to the above posts, the title soundtrack is sooo cool!

Disko
03-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Agreed! Here are the 3 youngest Stark kids singing over it... hilarious!

http://youtu.be/t92ukx0A2fk

dudetus
03-07-2013, 06:07 PM
BEST. SHOW. EVER.

Silly Ninja! Season 3 doesnt start here until March 31... Mark is re-watching or catching up!

Highly recommend the books too, so much more BG detail and my favorite character (Arya) is so PRO in that storyline! But I'm only reading after each season, so pls ppl, no spoilers!!

So, I can watch GoT season 3 premiere 1 day behind US? Thankyou CMore!

I have the whole 2nd season recorded from last year. Should make some catching up!

I luv King of the North! Mostly because I live in North :)))

Brave Sir Robin
03-08-2013, 08:22 AM
I had been waiting for the show since I found out that Legend of the Seeker would be cancelled. Dudetus, you can watch this until GOT starts again. Not nearly as deep as GOT but dark and good fun.

To add to the above posts, the title soundtrack is sooo cool!

Yeah, in fact I wanted to add this too :)
The opening titles sequence is awesome, I watch it every time. I love the way the cities rise mechanically from the ground accompanied by the music theme...

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/Sfaliaras/GOT1_zpsfdb8251b.png

I love it! Second best show running right now behind Dexter. I have started reading the books and so far the show follows the books very well.

Michael Hall is also excellent. We are lucky that some TV shows have so high production values.

Wowsome
04-08-2013, 05:26 AM
S3 is ON!!