PDA

View Full Version : Comparing 21 CLEVER lifethief vs 26 Depraved Potency

Jexetta
03-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Hello STS,

I know this has been probably been discussed numerous times and perhaps I have not searched the forums for this topic specifically, but there is definitely an issue with your stats base on Lifethief's vs EVERY other rogue melee weapon.

When the update came out and I quickly leveled to 26 I almost immediately acquired the level 26 depraved potency blades. The stats are the blades were fantastic and I was sure I had probably the first, second, or third best weapon for rogues. The others at that time being in my mind the nefarious hooks, lifethiefs, or depraved. I had already known that heartseekers were probably broken from the last level cap so I disregarded these.

After awhile I started questioning my damage output and still had my cheap Clever lifethiefs from level 21 still in my bag. Last night I decided to study the damage output and parse the data with set variables for all the weapons I had and came to a ridiculous conclusion. I simply went into elite mode by myself in brackenridge forest and fought a single elite goblin, no pet, no skills, melee only.

Fairly consistantly my level 26 depraved blades of potency would take exactly 1 minute to kill an elite goblin. Now.. here is the funny part, my level 21 Clever lifethiefs would easily outdamage the depraved blades... and not by 5 seconds, not by 10 seconds.. but I would kill TWICE as fast. This is with one of the cheapest elite weapons from the LAST level cap. Level 21 Clever lifethiefs would only take 30 seconds to kill a single elite goblin. I feel almost embarressed when I go into elite pick up groups and they look at my dps and say "hey you have terrible dps, the other rogue with depraved has 350 dps in our group" when in reality I'm putting out more damage then the other rogue.

I have also tested level 21 lifethiefs vs 25 lifethiefs and there is almost no change. I know the argument may be "well hey... you do more damage with skills and not melee with the other weapons" That's not what I'm looking at exactly and I think my above description shows that. What I'm saying is that the stats on your weapons just don't seem to be honest or add up. It's probably because lifethiefs just hit harder and when you crit the damage output scales well to the rogues advantage, but doesn't there seem to be something wrong when level 21's out damage level 26's? I used to think that perhaps you just hit faster with other rogue weapons that have high dps but that doesn't seem to be the case either. I would imagine if somehow I had level 16 lifethiefs they would ALSO outdamage in melee level 26 weapons. Lifethiefs seem to be the only rogue weapon that hits hard, can't we have a couple different weapons that hit hard? Why does everyone have to look identical end game? And... why does the best acquired weapon still come from the first iteration of the game.. it's mind boggling. I'm not even going to address the hooks bc those are probably impossible to acquire except for the most addicted or lucky gamers.

Sorry if this ruffled any feathers, I'm just trying to make the game better and make suggestions for the evolution of the game.

-Jexetta

Lojack
03-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Known issue

Rare
03-06-2013, 01:19 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?88917-Depraved-Blades-vs-Agile-Lifethief-Something-wrong

Rare
03-06-2013, 03:51 PM
BTW... yeah I just tested too. About 30 seconds with attack to kill an elite mob in brackenridge with ALP21. Using DBP after 30 seconds the mob still had a little more than half its health.