PDA

View Full Version : 1v1 AL Tournament, March 17th

Genuinous
03-06-2013, 03:53 PM
To all of you, apologies for not being able to join. The number of contestants seems to be stuck at 0 and I can't find any way to change it back to 64 -.-
I hope someone will be able to edit it and make joining possible. In the meanwhile keep posting your IGN's in this thread. Should we fail to get the joining fixed, everyone will be required to check in via PM before the event as an alternate solution.

1v1 AL Tournament, March 17th

The time has come to sharpen your swords, string your bows and clean your rifles once again. It is finally time to show who you are and how good you really are. It is time to find out who is the best of the best in pvp. No more hiding behind warriors and waiting for mages to mana heal you. It is time for a 1v1 Tournament!

Organizers: Genuinous, Braindamage, TBA, TBA

What is this?

This is a one on one single elimination tournament with best-of-three matches. The winner of the matches will proceed to the next round. Brackets will be posted 1 hour before the Tournament in the Competition Section of the forums.

Example of a brackets if you're confused (http://challonge.com/example10165497)

How?

One of the Organizers will invite both players in a party and find a suitable pvp lobby to conclude the match. Matches will be played in one of the spawn room. After a match is complete, the Organizer will proceed to invite the next 2 players. Please make sure if you were victorious, you stay available. I would like to ask you all to please make these transitions happen as smoothly as possible to help the event move fast.

I hope the community will show some support towards this event and will allow 1v1 matches to be completed without disruption :)

When?

This event will take place on the 17th of March at 18:00 GMT +0. All contestants must be available at that time. The event will run as long as it is necessary for the tournament to finish.

Check time left until the event here (http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20130317T18&p0=136&msg=1v1+event")

How to enter?

This tournament is open to all Arcane Legends players with a valid STS Forum Account and a level 25-26 character. To join this event you have to go to the competition section of the forum and click join. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/tournaments.php?do=view&id=45) Also please post your IGN as a reply to this thread. The first 64 players will be able to compete. First come, first serve basis applies. The minimum number of entries this event requires is 16.

All participants will be required to check in 10 minutes before the event starts. Please note, that if you fail to check in, you will not be able to compete in the event! This is due to a large number of players failing to turn up in the previous event.

Matches

-All matches will be best of 3, so you will have to beat each opponent twice in order to progress to the next round
-All matches are to be played at one of the spawn areas of the ctf map
-Matches will start after a countdown by the organizer: "rdy, 3, 2, 1, go"
-Both players must be at full hp and mana, as well as having all their skills ready to use before the battle starts
-Players may only use any attack or skill after the organizer said "go", no skills (vengeful blood, combat medic, arcane shield, etc) may be used prior to "go"
-Players can charge their attacks before go (but not use)
-If the organizers this one of the players attacked too early, that one battle has to be replayed, no matter the outcome
-No restrictions on pets, but pet skills may only be used after "go" as well

Additional Rules

-DO NOT message organizers unless they message you first
-DO NOT forget to check in before the tournament
-Semi-Finals and Finals will be best-of-five to reduce luck
-Players who are not responding to pm's by organizers will be removed from the event and considered to forfeit
-Players who do not abide rules and distract the running of the event will be removed and banned from further events

Prize

Prizes are being discussed with Devs.

Entries:

If you have any questions, confused or I have made a mistake somewhere, feel free to ask.

I know this is a lot to take in guys, but I wanted the rules to be written up officially :) I know this system is not ideal, but this is the best we have until private hosted rooms or 1v1 become available. I hope many of you will join and it will be a great success :)

Thx for reading ;)

View all Tournaments (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/tournaments.php)

Azepeiete
03-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Azepeiete

Zeus
03-06-2013, 05:14 PM
First AL needs the entire dev team, taking away the attention on PL and other games. Now they need to use other forums too because its not possible to host a tourney in their forums? Madness.

Genuinous
03-06-2013, 06:40 PM
First AL needs the entire dev team, taking away the attention on PL and other games. Now they need to use other forums too because its not possible to host a tourney in their forums? Madness.

I can't help the fact, that competition section is directly linked to PL PvP thread.... Gosh ppl...

Caiahar
03-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Mythicstar

Caiahar
03-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Wait, I went to tournament section for the tournament page, but where's the join button?

silberdistel
03-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Silberdistel

iacito
03-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Iacito
Hint: a warrior will win the competition :smile:

Genuinous
03-07-2013, 04:46 AM
Wait, I went to tournament section for the tournament page, but where's the join button?

I know I know... The tournament is considered to be started for some reason and I do not have access to reset it... Should be fixed soon I hope :)

dudetus
03-07-2013, 06:26 AM
Please move this thread to AL forum, PvP subsection and add an option to choose forum on the competition section :)

Apologies in advance, you cannot currently join the tournament in the Competition section... I hope the issue will be resolved soon. Meanwhile just put your IGN in this thread.

Under Construction

1v1 AL Tournament, March 17th

The time has come to sharpen your swords, string your bows and clean your rifles once again. It is finally time to show who you are and how good you really are. It is time to find out who is the best of the best in pvp. No more hiding behind warriors and waiting for mages to mana heal you. It is time for a 1v1 Tournament!

Organizers: Genuinous, Braindamage, TBA, TBA

What is this?

This is a one on one single elimination tournament with best-of-three matches. The winner of the matches will proceed to the next round. Brackets will be posted 1 hour before the Tournament in the Competition Section of the forums.

Example of a brackets if you're confused (http://challonge.com/example10165497)

How?

One of the Organizers will invite both players in a party and find a suitable pvp lobby to conclude the match. Matches will be played in one of the spawn room. After a match is complete, the Organizer will proceed to invite the next 2 players. Please make sure if you were victorious, you stay available. I would like to ask you all to please make these transitions happen as smoothly as possible to help the event move fast.

I hope the community will show some support towards this event and will allow 1v1 matches to be completed without disruption :)

When?

This event will take place on the 17th of March at 18:00 GMT +0. All contestants must be available at that time. The event will run as long as it is necessary for the tournament to finish.

Check time left until the event here (http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20130317T18&p0=136&msg=1v1+event")

How to enter?

This tournament is open to all Arcane Legends players with a valid STS Forum Account and a level 25-26 character. To join this event you have to go to the competition section of the forum and click join. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/tournaments.php?do=view&id=45) Also please post your IGN as a reply to this thread. The first 64 players will be able to compete. First come, first serve basis applies. The minimum number of entries this event requires is 16.

All participants will be required to check in 10 minutes before the event starts. Please note, that if you fail to check in, you will not be able to compete in the event! This is due to a large number of players failing to turn up in the previous event.

Matches

-All matches will be best of 3, so you will have to beat each opponent twice in order to progress to the next round
-All matches are to be played at one of the spawn areas of the ctf map
-Matches will start after a countdown by the organizer: "rdy, 3, 2, 1, go"
-Both players must be at full hp and mana, as well as having all their skills ready to use before the battle starts
-Players may only use any attack or skill after the organizer said "go", no skills (vengeful blood, combat medic, arcane shield, etc) may be used prior to "go"
-Players can charge their attacks before go (but not use)
-If the organizers this one of the players attacked too early, that one battle has to be replayed, no matter the outcome
-No restrictions on pets, but pet skills may only be used after "go" as well

Additional Rules

-DO NOT message organizers unless they message you first
-DO NOT forget to check in before the tournament
-Semi-Finals and Finals will be best-of-five to reduce luck
-Players who are not responding to pm's by organizers will be removed from the event and considered to forfeit
-Players who do not abide rules and distract the running of the event will be removed and banned from further events

Prize

Prizes are being discussed with Devs.

Entries:

If you have any questions, confused or I have made a mistake somewhere, feel free to ask.

I know this is a lot to take in guys, but I wanted the rules to be written up officially :) I know this system is not ideal, but this is the best we have until private hosted rooms or 1v1 become available. I hope many of you will join and it will be a great success :)

Thx for reading ;)

View all Tournaments (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/tournaments.php)

Begone vile villain!

U r way outta ya hoods boi

Zeus
03-07-2013, 06:38 AM
It's like East Side vs. West Side.

Extreme
03-07-2013, 07:19 AM
It's like East Side vs. West Side.

Exactly uncle Parth & Nunja

dudetus
03-07-2013, 07:30 AM
And pssst:

AL PvP discussion (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?131-AL-Player-vs-Player)

cobawoo
03-07-2013, 06:11 PM
cobawoo

Delphina
03-07-2013, 06:26 PM
It has been moved to AL.

inkredible
03-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Inkredble

edit: where the "join" button on the competition link

Delphina
03-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Inkredble

edit: where the "join" button on the competition link
You should be able to join now. The join button is in the upper right hand corner.

gundamsone
03-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Time to spend a few mil and some more on the best gear >.>

Cero
03-07-2013, 07:30 PM
IGN:

Cero

Bullllzzeye sexy
03-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Blahhhhh get moarrrr devs helping al pl rocks not al!!! Al rocks cuz sts is fixing AL MOAR THAN PL WHICH MAKES PL BORING

Lady_Pebbles
03-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Lmao.. 1v1 in a CtF team battle arena. I swear they need to make a 1v1 arena to keep these seperated already. Even a real FFA arena added, DM style without teams ftw.

Anyway, good luck ppl. XD

vyridiana
03-07-2013, 07:45 PM
i dont see a join button on the linked page, but please register Vyridiana.

Thanks Gen!

Iamlmmortal
03-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Ign: iamimmortal

I cannot find the join button also...it says the tournament is in progress...sry if this has been stated again just trying to help!!! But yes I would like to join ign above ^^

Caiahar
03-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Yeah, make sure to register Mythicstar.
Where's join button?

wlsgh15
03-07-2013, 08:41 PM
ramyunstyle

iluvataris
03-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Iluvataris

Jackyll
03-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Can't join through the link given but,

IGN: Jackyll

Chili
03-07-2013, 09:28 PM
How do you plan on making this possible? You cant host your maps and you can't boot or lock the game... Anyone can join and ruin your match? Seems very premature to do a tournament in a beta pvp... But if you can make it work, you have my full support.

Vystirch
03-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Would join but my soccer practice ends right at the start time, so ill have to pass this one.

Avshow
03-07-2013, 09:38 PM
str build rogue good for vsing mage and war, dex build rogue better for vsing rogue

asifaiab
03-07-2013, 09:45 PM
asifaiab

inkredible
03-07-2013, 09:49 PM
You should be able to join now. The join button is in the upper right hand corner.

i dont see it? unless u have to connect it with fb?

inkredible
03-07-2013, 09:53 PM
How do you plan on making this possible? You cant host your maps and you can't boot or lock the game... Anyone can join and ruin your match? Seems very premature to do a tournament in a beta pvp... But if you can make it work, you have my full support.

theyve done it before. this is the second tournament

Chili
03-07-2013, 10:58 PM
theyve done it before. this is the second tournament

Ahhh... The newb in me has been detected:)

SkyDagger
03-07-2013, 11:28 PM
I would like to join but... GMT in london equals to our time is 2 am in the morning -.- hope there's another time of tournament for those played in opposite time :D
Anyways goodluck then :)

Xoreobonezxe
03-08-2013, 07:26 AM
Xoreobonezxe...

Genuinous
03-08-2013, 09:14 AM
To all of you, apologies for not being able to join. The number of contestants seems to be stuck at 0 and I can't find any way to change it back to 64 -.-
I hope someone will be able to edit it and make joining possible. In the meanwhile keep posting your IGN's in this thread. Should we fail to get the joining fixed, everyone will be required to check in via PM before the event as an alternate solution.

Delphina
03-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Closing this thread please see this thread:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89237-1v1-AL-Tournament-March-17th-(2-0)