PDA

View Full Version : Increase Value of Gear (vendoring)

CosmoxKramer
03-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Hi, i know this has been brought up a few times, but i think it is worth looking into.

First, by raising the prices it would give the game another means of farming gold. Currently there is only 1 monotonous way of doing elites (boring Jarl, or painful KI). The other way to make money is Merching, but you need money to start doing this.

After finally filling up my 175 slot bag (13 of which are being used by vanity stuff), i typed up the # of each gear type, quality, iLvl, value, and class. Filling 162 slots probably took me a good 2-3 hours of doing some dailies + W4 or K4 runs.

(c=common, r=rare, e=epic)

The total value of the 6 items was 846g. I don't think that even paid for the pet feeding for the 2-3 hours of play time. Plus it is odd to find a piece of common armor that sells for more than an epic ring or helm of the same level.

Here is my suggestion. Use the following formula
item Lvl * Quality rating * Item Type modifier
where the Quality rating is
1 - uncommon
2 - common
3 - rare
4 - epic
5 - legendary
10 - mythic
100 - arcane

And the Item Type Modifier is something like
6 - weapons
5 - armor
4 - helmets
2 - rings / amulets

If using the suggested values, my 162 item 2-3 hour farm session would have netted 35,378. Considering the hundreds of thousands of gold it takes to buy some high level gear or millions to buy some mythic gear, this isn't a lot.

Obviously the values above could vary at your discretion but i think giving people a different ways to farm would improve replay value and retain player base. I think the most Role Playing way to do this would be to implement the higher price vendoring at merchants in towns only. You could opt to sell your items on the go to make quick space but at a much reduced price.

by doing this you would need to change a couple other things
Potion price increase (100 health for 5k, 50 mana for 1.5k)
Quest gold (30->100, 80->200, 110->300, 250->500, 500->1k, 800->2k)

lovestriker
03-07-2013, 12:22 AM
Good thoughts!

I do hope STS looks in to this.
Though I'm really not expecting them to implement this. But it would be awesome if they did! :)

CosmoxKramer
03-07-2013, 06:33 AM
I wouldn't expect it either, but if the want a better balanced game then this will help. Plus it could help with all the crying about bad loot drops because you are at least making some money I other ways....

CosmoxKramer
03-07-2013, 08:32 AM
Hell even it it was
Item Level * Quality rating
Then you could still get a moderate amount of gold from something other than Merching, luck, or platinum. Plus you would never get white items worth more than epic (of equal levels). That is so nonsensical to me

abrai
03-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Do you realize that this will also increase the market price and ended up "still" broke? Like your 100k will be like just like 10g since gold is easy to farm.

just comment
03-08-2013, 12:38 AM
i think this will never happened, if they implement this, sure their gold sales by exchanging plat will drop so much lol

CosmoxKramer
03-08-2013, 09:46 AM
gold sales should be a big part of their revenue stream. Additional slots, bag space, vanities, guild options, etc.

Yes, i understand that Abrai. Prices in the AH would go up, but it would still be a method for farming gold other than purely based on luck. That is the most frustrating thing. Other MMO's have this, farming crafting, alchemy, enchanting materials, etc. There is only 'end game' in this game, and that is do Elites. You get nothing (money, drops, etc) worth anything by doing something other than elites. It is just missing some balance other than just class balance...gold, xp, end game...