PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Luck Experiment

Griffinfan
03-07-2013, 03:21 PM
The Question of the reroll percentage on Big and Bigger luck has been presented many times in the last few months and we heard from Asommers that Big luck was 17% (or so)

Today I am setting that out to test.

Test Place: Bayou Bross Brawl
Test Elixers: None
Test Big/Bigger luck: Bigger Luck

# of Run
Total Items looted
Rerolls

Run #1
7 loot
3 rerolls

Run #2
10 loot
0 rerolls

Run #3
8 loot
3 reroll

Run #4
8 loot
0 reroll

Run #5
9 loot
3 reroll

Run #6
8 loot
0 reroll

Run #7
8 loot
1 reroll

Run #8
9 loot
4 reroll

Run #9
8 loot
0 reroll

Run #10
8 loot
2 reroll

Run #11
8 loot
1 reroll

Run #12
9 loot
1 reroll

Conclusion of First test

Items Looted: 100
Items Rerolled: 18

Therefore Bigger luck in this scenario came out as 18% chance for reroll

My next test will be in a different scenario, also my third will be in conjunction with a 1.5x combo elixer to see if the luck stacks properly.

Lastly this is not just my experiment Anyone can contribute to it! it is a community project, if you would like to do a experiment do 100 runs on a specific map/boss that has all rerollable items (that you know of) and record all the data similar to what I have and either post it here or pm me.

thoughts are welcomed.

Dragonrider023
03-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Shoulda try AO3?

FluffNStuff
03-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Love experimenting and data collecting. Just gotta put you on the look out for something that might mess with your data. Rerolls only happen if there is a loot rarity higher then the one you first got. Easy example is a pink on a boss. If you get one on the first try, you won't get a reroll even with a 100% elixir. Next problem is mobs. If a mob does not have a pink in its table and you roll a purple, you won't get a reroll. Some mobs don't have purples in their table so you won't get a reroll on Greens. You just need to know what the max loot rarity is and remove those results from your attempts. Then again, maybe you already did this. Good luck and keep it up!!

Griffinfan
03-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Shoulda try AO3?

I was thinking of doing either plasma pyramid or CTK, I don't know if all the looted items in plasma or CTK would reroll. I know some items in forest haven do not reroll.

Love experimenting and data collecting. Just gotta put you on the look out for something that might mess with your data. Rerolls only happen if there is a loot rarity higher then the one you first got. Easy example is a pink on a boss. If you get one on the first try, you won't get a reroll even with a 100% elixir. Next problem is mobs. If a mob does not have a pink in its table and you roll a purple, you won't get a reroll. Some mobs don't have purples in their table so you won't get a reroll on Greens. You just need to know what the max loot rarity is and remove those results from your attempts. Then again, maybe you already did this. Good luck and keep it up!!

I did take that into account, however, I don't know if some of the bosses drop items that aren't rerollable. If that is so it messes with the data also, which is why I am planning on doing alot of these runs in all different places to come up with a rough estimate of the reroll percentage.

Dragonrider023
03-07-2013, 03:35 PM
I was thinking of doing either plasma pyramid or CTK, I don't know if all the looted items in plasma or CTK would reroll. I know some items in forest haven do not reroll.

I did take that into account, however, I don't know if some of the bosses drop items that aren't rerollable. If that is so it messes with the data also, which is why I am planning on doing alot of these runs in all different places to come up with a rough estimate of the reroll percentage.

CTK?

Griffinfan
03-07-2013, 03:54 PM
CTK?

crush the keeper..

Dragonrider023
03-07-2013, 03:55 PM
crush the keeper..

Oh, why I didn't figure that out. :eagerness:

McBain
03-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Big Luck is supposed to be 12%

Griffinfan
03-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Big Luck is supposed to be 12%

Asommers said 17. and this experiment was with bigger luck

Oldcoot
03-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Very nice, good luck!

Chopper
03-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Good work. this definitely needs some more data from others to help narrow it down.

Why doesn't STS just tell everyone what the percentage is? It shouldn't be a secret and it helps sell their products.

Griffinfan
03-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Good work. this definitely needs some more data from others to help narrow it down.

Why doesn't STS just tell everyone what the percentage is? It shouldn't be a secret and it helps sell their products.

where is the fun in that :)

same reason they dont just list all the pinks and their drop rates and where to farm them ;)

Jcyee
03-07-2013, 11:50 PM
17% for big luck seems kinda high. You sure that isn't bigger luck?

McBain
03-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Asommers said 17. and this experiment was with bigger luck

Ah, I didn't see the Bigger Luck thing, but Big Luck is 12%

Big Luck is a 12% reroll. Little Luck is 5%. Always has been.

-ALS

Elf-Orc-Naga
03-08-2013, 05:18 AM
The Question of the reroll percentage on Big and Bigger luck has been presented many times in the last few months and we heard from Asommers that Big luck was 17% (or so)

Today I am setting that out to test.

Test Place: Bayou Bross Brawl
Test Elixers: None
Test Big/Bigger luck: Bigger Luck

# of Run
Total Items looted
Rerolls

Run #1
7 loot
3 rerolls

Run #2
10 loot
0 rerolls

Run #3
8 loot
3 reroll

Run #4
8 loot
0 reroll

Run #5
9 loot
3 reroll

Run #6
8 loot
0 reroll

Run #7
8 loot
1 reroll

Run #8
9 loot
4 reroll

Run #9
8 loot
0 reroll

Run #10
8 loot
2 reroll

Run #11
8 loot
1 reroll

Run #12
9 loot
1 reroll

Conclusion of First test

Items Looted: 100
Items Rerolled: 18

Therefore Bigger luck in this scenario came out as 18% chance for reroll

My next test will be in a different scenario, also my third will be in conjunction with a 1.5x combo elixer to see if the luck stacks properly.

Lastly this is not just my experiment Anyone can contribute to it! it is a community project, if you would like to do a experiment do 100 runs on a specific map/boss that has all rerollable items (that you know of) and record all the data similar to what I have and either post it here or pm me.

thoughts are welcomed.
Great! Should you try to run without the big luck and compare too... Maybe this is the same result hehehe or just want to comparre.. just to check.. anyway ty

Ogbuehi
03-08-2013, 05:27 AM

If this was exactly how rerolls worked, why then when I have a shamrock on every single drop I get is rerolled? Regardless of what the enemy is.

Griffinfan
03-08-2013, 07:53 AM
If this was exactly how rerolls worked, why then when I have a shamrock on every single drop I get is rerolled? Regardless of what the enemy is.

That is true on some cases, on the drop table some loot does not have a higher reroll. There are some of these items in forest haven, and only reason I know is because I farmed there with 100% a long time ago and one item didn't reroll, as a noob I wrote support and that is what they told me.

Disko
03-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the great info, had no idea they had such a big impact, or diff between big and bigger lucks. I'll have to take those more seriously going forward!

Any word yet on the % of Big Luck 2013? I've seen a lot of guessing, but nothing solid.

Jcyee
03-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the great info, had no idea they had such a big impact, or diff between big and bigger lucks. I'll have to take those more seriously going forward!

Any word yet on the % of Big Luck 2013? I've seen a lot of guessing, but nothing solid.

Well I asked support when I had them recover an item for me. Dracknor said he had no idea lol. I'm sure some other dev/mod has to know...