PDA

View Full Version : Future Expansions #ideas

Lady_Pebbles
03-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Since on AL these are all pretty mch themed, I figured I'd toss out some ideas out there for future expansions. They would of course bring in items amd pets that go with the themes as well as possible new PvP maps, dungeons etc....

STEAMPUNK ( http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk ) (click for info): I would love this! The theme is almost perfect for AL and would fit in perfectly if done right. :)

ATLANTIS: We got pirates so this would be great! Even have a Captain Nemo boss where we battle him on his ship known as "The Sword of the Seas". Could be epic.

If I come up with some more ideas I'll add them but these are kinda my favs atm lol.

Lady_Pebbles
03-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Reserved post for updates n stuff.

CosmoxKramer
03-07-2013, 05:43 PM
I was also thinking about general map Ideas. So that the aren't all one Long map. Maybe it could be, let's say S shaped. image where you start at the bottom end of the S and as you get to the middle area, you see a bridge or a locked door, or something along those lines. Then as you get to the top end of the S there is a mini boss or group that you kill and it opens the draw bridge or you unlock the door, revealing a MUCH short run from the beginning of the zone, to the end (in case you die). if you don't understand, i'll draw a big crappy picture =)

Lady_Pebbles
03-07-2013, 06:00 PM
I like that idea! Reminds me of the maps on DL, short but very farm-able! Long maps to bosses never really work well for farming, case in point Jarl vs Skull maps.

EDIT: Also the "S" or other shaped maps could work for a mystery theme type of expansion.. Or themes similar to the Alice in Wonderland.. Wizard of Oz... Etc.

CosmoxKramer
03-07-2013, 08:49 PM
So I meant like, clear all the way through, but have ther be like a draw bridge or door guarded by a mini boss or group....once you kill the guys in red, the bridge will lower an if you do die, then it will be a shorter run back. That's what I mean. It's not just short to begin with.

Lady_Pebbles
03-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Oh so like a short cut? It'll defeat the purpose of the portals at the end of each map though. X.x

CosmoxKramer
03-07-2013, 09:02 PM
What portals?

Vystirch
03-07-2013, 09:04 PM
^^ good idea Cosmo.

As to certain themes I was thinking the stempunk would be good for the warrior xpantion.

And that something like the dead marshes (think lotr) would be good for sorcerer xpantion.

Dead marshes quote from Wikipedia:

The Marshes are also known as 'The Mere of Dead Faces'; they are described... as "dreary and wearisome. Cold, clammy winter still held sway in this forsaken country. The only green was the scum of livid weed on the dark greasy milky surfaces of the sullen waters. Dead grasses and rotting reeds loomed up in the mists like ragged shadows of long forgotten summers."

Dead Marshes Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Marshes)

Dragonrider023
03-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Atlantis themed would be very perfect for AL!

Lady_Pebbles
03-07-2013, 11:43 PM
Awesome ideas Cos and Vys!

Vystirch
03-08-2013, 12:41 AM
Awesome ideas Cos and Vys!

I try :p

I'm kinda a lotr nut so I'd ofc pick a theme from there. :)

-Vys

Lady_Pebbles
03-08-2013, 02:26 AM
I was watchig "Return of The King" earlier and these ideas popped into my head.. So we had a similar brain wave there. XD

Vystirch
03-08-2013, 03:27 AM
I was watchig "Return of The King" earlier and these ideas popped into my head.. So we had a similar brain wave there. XD

Well lotr is undisputedly awesome!

CosmoxKramer
03-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Some kind of Mayan temple (outside) that leads to later levels that are in the tombs. Poison darters, traps, giant bats/rats, kobolds or little voodoo casters, etc

Lady_Pebbles
03-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Ancient Mayan theme? I likes! Can be connected to Dead City and go with that.

CosmoxKramer
03-08-2013, 04:48 PM
something with DWARVES!! please, i love dwarves. :)

Maybe dwarf stuff when they put crafting into the game.

Deathblaze
03-08-2013, 07:22 PM
I got an Idea,and I call it the....

"The Olympus Expansion"

-Level cap raised to 31
-Journey to Olympus Begin!
-New Bosses have landed Like Hades,Cerberus,Hydra and Many More!
-New Vanity Weapons for each class!
Warrior:Hercule's Sword of Fatality
Sorcerer:Zeus' Bolt of Brutality
Rogue:Athena's Plated Bow of Assault
-New and Special Vanities for Warrior
-New Dungeons! And a new Town!

those were just a few features I thought of.I didnt complete it because its just an Idea.But if maybe a Dev told me to add more,I would
:)

Lady_Pebbles
03-09-2013, 02:05 AM
Looooove the ideas!

Szangheili
03-09-2013, 02:17 AM
Hmmmm, I like the steam punk idea. My personal idea was, if they'd make a Warrior expansion pack, to add Helmets, Shields, and of course body armor looking like the Spartans from the movie 300. You know, gold with nice abs, and the shield to be circular and stuff. The awesome part would be the helmets, having the little brush on the top like King Leonidas. Lol

Lady_Pebbles
03-09-2013, 04:16 PM
For Narniaaaaaa!

Err.. Wrong movie... (lmao)

Love that idea!

rivet
03-19-2013, 01:45 AM
How about another world not named Arlor.

Introduce:

1. Swamps (Orcs)
2. Snowy mountain (White snow trolls as pet or enemy)
3. Floating Islands (New pets: Eagles)
4. Land of Giants

Lady_Pebbles
03-19-2013, 07:54 AM
Love it! Oooo gryffins and gargoyles as pets too! #win Sounds like LOTR meets Harry Potter. XD

Vystirch
03-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Lotr! Ftw! There is such a huge amount of landscapes to chose from in lotr!

Lady_Pebbles
03-19-2013, 08:12 PM
Yeah ikr! Soooo much potential there.

rivet
04-05-2013, 07:51 AM
How about another world not named Arlor.

Introduce:

1. Swamps (Orcs)
2. Snowy mountain (White snow trolls as pet or enemy)
3. Floating Islands (New pets: Eagles)
4. Land of Giants

Looks like I've got 2 and 4! :eagerness:

Rollo
04-05-2013, 02:01 PM
I assume they're going to follow the current theme of character expansions (rogue->warrior->sorcerer) But after that id like to see an expansion that added a new class (healer would be cool imo) and revamped the current guild system. judging by the size of previous expansions I think this is something they could do easily in a single expansion

riot
04-24-2013, 07:29 PM
something with DWARVES!! please, i love dwarves. :)

Maybe dwarf stuff when they put crafting into the game.

Lol imagine a dwarf mage vanity :) XD