PDA

View Full Version : Skull cove elite guide

inkredible
03-07-2013, 06:01 PM
I finished skull cove elite the first time i tried it..
but were talkin with pro rogues here and now im tryna help
some friends to finish skull cove but every single time same thing happens
we get the boss's health more than half and then MOBS 3-4 crabs 10+ mobs spawn right back
then were dead.. and noone was in the center or anything we were tryna keep the boss in that same corner
but is it part of the elite? mobs spawn when u get the boss's health half way?

whats your strategy??

- Have a good gear
- Lots of pots
- lots of golds
- maybe some plats

1 warrior 2 rogues 1 mage - might be best (i finished with this)
1 warrior 3 rogues
2 warriors one rogue one mage - idk about this

Before gettin the half life..

We ran to the far right to separate the mobs to the boss, kill all the mobs, then lure the boss to the right.
yeah half way through, all the mobs spawn right back and were all dead not even a second

Well there are 2 tricks.
1 hide behind wall, and fight there.
2 lure mobs down, to corner, far enought to most them reset, but not to far to reset few. Repeat few times.

Once the boss has half hp and the enemies spawn, I (on my Mage) trapped them in my charged Time Shift so they'll be rooted. Had one of the Rogues help me kill them off while alternating between stunning the mob with Fireball and freezing them in place with Frost. Then Time Shift to keep the other mobs rooted. Both of us going back and forth between mobs and the boss (so we won't get the boss's aggro) while the Warrior tanked the boss. Another Rogue[/color] was at a different part of the map, hitting the boss with aimed shot (theres a bug where Rogues can do this from afar).

We found out on the second try that the boss's HP stays at half way when we lure them out of the boss spot to reset them. It made it easier to kill off the mobs before taking on the boss.

EDIT: Note that this was done without elixirs so should obviously be faster with plat elixirs.

Lady_Pebbles
03-07-2013, 06:10 PM
When my party did that map, we completed it on the second try in about two hours (or a lil less).

Once the boss has half hp and the enemies spawn, I (on my Mage) trapped them in my charged Time Shift so they'll be rooted. Had one of the Rogues help me kill them off while alternating between stunning the mob with Fireball and freezing them in place with Frost. Then Time Shift to keep the other mobs rooted. Both of us going back and forth between mobs and the boss (so we won't get the boss's aggro) while the Warrior tanked the boss. Another Rogue was at a different part of the map, hitting the boss with aimed shot (theres a bug where Rogues can do this from afar).

We found out on the second try that the boss's HP stays at half way when we lure them out of the boss spot to reset them. It made it easier to kill off the mobs before taking on the boss.

EDIT: Note that this was done without elixirs so should obviously be faster with plat elixirs.

drgrimmy
03-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Yes, they appear to spawn at 50% health of the boss. A good and relatively painless way to figure out mechanics such as this and to formulate strategies for skull cove is to practice on the non elite map...

inkredible
03-07-2013, 06:17 PM
When my party did that map, we completed it on the second try in about two hours (or a lil less).

Once the boss has half hp and the enemies spawn, I (on my Mage) trapped them in my charged Time Shift so they'll be rooted. Had one of the Rogues help me kill them off while alternating between stunning the mob with Fireball and freezing them in place with Frost. Then Time Shift to keep the other mobs rooted. Both of us going back and forth between mobs and the boss (so we won't get the boss's aggro) while the Warrior tanked the boss. Another Rogue was at a different part of the map, hitting the boss with aimed shot (theres a bug where Rogues can do this from afar).

My first try i did this with krispon, uninstall and xbri, but our mage ended up logging.. so it was just us three.

Before gettin the half life..

We ran to the far right to separate the mobs to the boss, kill all the mobs, then lure the boss to the right.
yeah half way through, all the mobs spawn right back and were all dead not even a second

we had to reset again, Uninstall and xbri tried luring the mobs from the south side of the boss and killin em at a time
but at some point i ended up tanking the mobs, running bymyself to the far right while they were killing some mobs there and im killing some on my own
on the right side, idk we ended up killin all the mobs.. then the boss again, yeah mobs didnt spawn again then we finished at 2 hour mark, that was about 4-5 days after the cap update tho.. and then now.....
im trying this again with my guildies.. we keep gettin stuck when mobs spawn half way thru

and this time not exaggerating i used 1500 pots.. one of the tanks with me kept DYING like a rogue ..idk he couldnt keep up
its better to just do it with one tank, 3 rogues, or one tank one mage two rogues

Lady_Pebbles
03-07-2013, 06:38 PM
I think the trick is to have the tank stay at the boss and keeping its aggro at all times while the rest aggro the mobs and keep them away from the tank. Its not easy cuz tanks have issues keeping aggro but its better if the other party members control & handle the mobs without charging all of their skills. Other wise it'll aggro the boss & make sure they aim correctly...

Have them stay on the opposite side or where the tank is facing (i.e. Behind the boss) and aim AWAY from the boss so that none of their skills hit him. Especially if you have extra range added to skills. You have to aim them often more to the side than straight to the middle (depending on the skills).

Like Fireball, mine has extra range. Which is automatic and added without having to charge it. So if the boss directly behind a mob my toon is standing in front of, I will possition my toon behind the boss, facing the mob, and fire the fireball at them then freeze with charged Frost (OR just hit one with rifle, lure them away from the boss). Run ahead to get away from the boss, and position toon a bit further away. Charge TS, so that some of the enemies from the mob are trapped -outside- of TS (indicating I have aggroed them so they follow me) and some are in.. (all get rooted once they touch TS). Then tap Fireball again to make sure the range doesn't hit the boss. Then charged freeze.. Etc. All of those AoEs having DOTs.

All that while a Rogue takes them out piece by piece and the other Rogue either helps us out or stays back on the map (the bug I mentioned) and helps tank the boss with Aimed Shot.

Looks like chaos but really is stratigic. >_<

EDIT: Hella details lol.. Sorry! Hit me up in game. Maybe it'll be easier to explain while we're in a run together. x.x

inkredible
03-07-2013, 06:47 PM
I think the trick is to have the tank stay at the boss and keeping its aggro at all times while the rest aggro the mobs and keep them away from the tank. Its not easy cuz tanks have issues keeping aggro but its better if the other party members control & handle the mobs without charging all of their skills. Other wise it'll aggro the boss & make sure they aim correctly...

Have them stay on the opposite side or where the tank is facing (i.e. Behind the boss) and aim AWAY from the boss so that none of their skills hit him. Especially if you have extra range added to skills. You have to aim them often more to the side than straight to the middle (depending on the skills).

Like Fireball, mine has extra range. Which is automatic and added without having to charge it. So if the boss directly behind a mob my toon is standing in front of, I will possition my toon behind the boss, facing the mob, and fire the fireball at them then freeze with charged Frost (OR just hit one with rifle, lure them away from the boss). Run ahead to get away from the boss, and position toon a bit further away. Charge TS, so that some of the enemies from the mob are trapped -outside- of TS (indicating I have aggroed them so they follow me) and some are in.. (all get rooted once they touch TS). Then tap Fireball again to make sure the range doesn't hit the boss. Then charged freeze.. Etc. All of those AoEs having DOTs.

All that while a Rogue takes them out piece by piece and the other Rogue either helps us out or stays back on the map (the bug I mentioned) and helps tank the boss with Aimed Shot.

Looks like chaos but really is stratigic. >_<

yeah i agree, i can tank the boss no problem, me and the boss are like best friend we can go on for hours and i can spend 1500 pots on him.. seriously.
but yah i can tank him but when mobs come at me, two crabs hit 2k crits its hard i felt like i was by myself cuz the other tank on top of it kept dying as much as the mage or rogue die

Lady_Pebbles
03-07-2013, 06:58 PM
I think if the tank has HoR it makes it easier on everyone. The Rogue's heal packs help a bit as well. However the Mage's heal becomes a problem because we have to charge it to use regen & replenish mana. Its better to have a Mage help with crowd control than to focus on that type of support imo. Instead, have pets to help with heals, mana, and crits.

The right pets on the right class also helps... Remember that they also pull aggro. For example, a Ribbit instead of a Colton on a Mage (who doesn't have heal), a Malison or Ribbit on a Tank (who has HoR), and a Konga or Nexus on Rogues (who has high crits). Actually do make a difference in these runs. Just level them up so your toons aren't as vaulnerable and you get the full benefits of the stats. Switch to them at the boss site and actually USE their arcane abilities.. Other wise they are hella useless to the party.

Position them in spots where their arcanes will hit everyone as well. :)

inkredible
03-07-2013, 08:24 PM
we'll try again

Lady_Pebbles
03-08-2013, 02:11 AM
Good luck! Hope it works out for yall. :)

EDIT: OH btw.. When we did the elite maps... It was before we even had any lvl25/26 gear equipped. I only had a lvl25 weapon at the time. Now I have different gear on my Mage.

aBenji
03-08-2013, 05:48 AM
We do with 1x tank 3x rogue. But much easier if you are 2x tank (who are respeced for tanking) and 2x rogue. When im controlling aggro the rogues just concentrate on kills mobs and i hold as much as i can trying not to die. Spamming health pots all the time. Even when im not taking that much DMG due to loss of aggro. Because if tank dies rogues follow shortly after. Just be prepared to use health pots and get as much defence as you can and aggro skills. With 2x tank it is so much easier but still be careful. When those mobs come just hope your rogues know what they are doing always kill crabs first also as they deal most damage! Wouldn't worry about dealing too much damage to boss while mobs are there it's next to impossible just stay alive and once mobs are dead you are free to kill the boss! mobs are th hard part.

I hold both records for cove - pure and elixer.

ishyrionek
03-08-2013, 08:12 AM
Well there are 2 tricks.
2 lure mobs down, to corner, far enought to most them reset, but not to far to reset few. Repeat few times.

But who care about that map... So long... So senseless :-)

Beanerboi
03-08-2013, 08:41 AM
And after all that trouble you get 3k worth of loot lol...

inkredible
03-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Good luck! Hope it works out for yall. :)

EDIT: OH btw.. When we did the elite maps... It was before we even had any lvl25/26 gear equipped. I only had a lvl25 weapon at the time. Now I have different gear on my Mage.

yeah the first time i finished it.. i only had lvl 21's armor n weapons

inkredible
03-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Well there are 2 tricks.

But who care about that map... So long... So senseless :-)

yes when i was doing regular map i noticed the wall, i was studying the map
and see what i could do for future reference.. and the wall would be useful, it blocks the mobs for little while, running around it

edit: thanks for all the input

Swede
03-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Yes, they appear to spawn at 50% health of the boss. A good and relatively painless way to figure out mechanics such as this and to formulate strategies for skull cove is to practice on the non elite map...

The mechanics are not always the same on the Elite version as the non-Elite version. Just a word of warning. :)

MrFoster
03-08-2013, 07:49 PM
We complete map second try in 50 mins (first try was only 3 rogues so erm... so we invite tank to help :D). When mobs spawn we lure them down and kill few in one time till they all dead. And then left only boss. But yes, you need to spam pots.

drgrimmy
03-08-2013, 09:56 PM
The mechanics are not always the same on the Elite version as the non-Elite version. Just a word of warning. :)

True, but number of mobs u need to kill to get the boss to spawn, when mobs spawn during
the boss fight, etc are the same for the elite and non elite versions of this particular map...

For example a trick to get the boss to spawn without any mobs is to run to the end of the map
and then kill all mobs from the end to a little before the last bridge. Then when u go back to
the boss he is by himself. You then just have the mobs that spawn when the boss is at
half health to contend with. This is something that was quickly figured out in the non elite map
without experimenting during an hour long run. This will decrease your run time from 1hr to
about 30min with a decent group.

Noobiam
03-08-2013, 10:10 PM
ill take note of this tips when i try skull cove. anyone care to help? :D

inkredible
03-09-2013, 03:00 AM
True, but number of mobs u need to kill to get the boss to spawn, when mobs spawn during
the boss fight, etc are the same for the elite and non elite versions of this particular map...

For example a trick to get the boss to spawn without any mobs is to run to the end of the map
and then kill all mobs from the end to a little before the last bridge. Then when u go back to
the boss he is by himself. You then just have the mobs that spawn when the boss is at
half health to contend with. This is something that was quickly figured out in the non elite map
without experimenting during an hour long run. This will decrease your run time from 1hr to
about 30min with a decent group.

yeah , its when the half health when it becomes harder, bec u have atleast like 3 crabs that crits 2k+ on you and its hard to keep
the mobs and the boss separated without the boss followin or mobs followin, or resetting

chitgoks
03-10-2013, 03:42 AM
elite cove is badass. i made it with 1 tank 2 rogues and me mage (wearing only lvl20 gears). good thing we made it through in more than 2 hrs haha. i aint doing this again

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

sidsyeahs
03-10-2013, 07:43 AM
I swear ill never step foot in this elite ever again. Lol