PDA

View Full Version : Dagger Bird vs Dagger Bear vs Dagger Enchantress

Griftter
10-01-2010, 04:13 PM
I am very new to the game, been doing a lot of reading but havent been able to come up with a definative answer to my question. I always play a character that uses daggers or similar in almost every game I play. I am curious if someone could shed some light on the three different dagger builds. Viability end game, solo ability, pvp, etc.

I apologize for my question being so broad, and I also apologize if posting in the wrong forum but I figured Dagger Birds were the most common.

Griftter

Royce
10-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Dagger bears are by far the best choice. The other two can work, but are much harder to play (not a bad thing necessarily). Bears have the highest health, great for a low armor melee character, and they have skills designed for close range combat. Their attack buff raises both damage and crit (also true of mages) while the bird's only raises crit. Bears also have superior defensive buffs with both ironblood and evasion.
The only advantage of playing a dagger bird is that Dex raises the power of bird skills (Str raises bear skills), so a dagger bird has more powerful damage skills, but they can't do as much damage with the actual dagger as a bear can.
The only advantage of mages is their unique skill set, including heal, and mana shield. But really, unless you want to be part time healer, part time stabber, they aren't a good choice.

FluffNStuff
10-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Dagger bears are by far the best choice. The other two can work, but are much harder to play (not a bad thing necessarily). Bears have the highest health, great for a low armor melee character, and they have skills designed for close range combat. Their attack buff raises both damage and crit (also true of mages) while the bird's only raises crit. Bears also have superior defensive buffs with both ironblood and evasion.
The only advantage of playing a dagger bird is that Dex raises the power of bird skills (Str raises bear skills), so a dagger bird has more powerful damage skills, but they can't do as much damage with the actual dagger as a bear can.
The only advantage of mages is their unique skill set, including heal, and mana shield. But really, unless you want to be part time healer, part time stabber, they aren't a good choice.

While I would definitely say the bear is the best for the dagger, keep in mind that you want to have mages or archers present to debuf the enemy. While the DPS on the dagger is sky high, the actual damage can be too low if there is no armor reducing characters in the party. The 25 point bonus + crit from rage helps, but high armor opponents can be a real pain.

Royce
10-01-2010, 04:33 PM
While I would definitely say the bear is the best for the dagger, keep in mind that you want to have mages or archers present to debuf the enemy. While the DPS on the dagger is sky high, the actual damage can be too low if there is no armor reducing characters in the party. The 25 point bonus + crit from rage helps, but high armor opponents can be a real pain.

This is an excellent point. What I said is true if you are in a balanced team. However, bears have the least capability to debuff their enemies. For a dagger to be at its most effective, you want your target's armor to be lowered. The best ways to do that are the mage skill nightmare (or a weapon with nightmare proc), and the archer skill break armor (or a weapon with break armor proc). No daggers have any procs like that (they all proc bleed). So a dagger bear soloing would probably not be super-effective. Still with a good team, they are the best choice.

Raxie
10-01-2010, 08:04 PM
i just don't like daggers because sometimes, they deal no damage at all to enemies. however if you really like daggers, i suggest a dagger-bear because of their high hp and buffs.

Ellyidol
10-02-2010, 03:07 AM
Bear for me definitely. If your going to go dagger on a bird (which is dex anyway) I'd rather suggest using a talon to get range, I always think ranged characters deal more damage than melee characters (even if melee has higher dps in stats) because they are constantly attacking rather than moving around. IMHO.

cry
10-02-2010, 10:20 AM
^ HE likes daggers.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
10-02-2010, 02:07 PM
^ HE likes daggers.

This made me lol.

Armorgedden
10-02-2010, 04:35 PM
What stat point distribution is best for a dagger bear? full dex?

Xviperr
10-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Yup I assume full dex beats it(: with a final of 3isis 1 Thoth else 2isis 1 Horus 1 Thoth
And yes bear is much better at dagger then birds as bear are made for close combat while a bird, has great debuff, armor break, shatteringscreen, blinding shot, but doesn't have great cooldowns for constant slash and hack like a bear skills

Edit:
Not forgetting that a bear has base 300 hp-200mp
While a bird 250 250

Well if dev would add piercing proc to dagger it be more reasonable, oh btw what's bleeding affects??

Ellyidol
10-02-2010, 10:23 PM
^ HE likes daggers.

Whut? /10characters