PDA

View Full Version : curse questions

xcainnblecterx
03-10-2013, 05:19 PM
1. Does anyone know the length of.curse without the extra 2 secs?
2. Has anyone tried it in pvp? I replaced it.with shield and its been doin wonders in pve

Energizeric
03-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Seems like more of a team buff than a personal one, and since nobody seems to care about teamwork in PvP, I'd say not so useful. If at some point they start keeping track of wins and losses in CTF, then perhaps it will be good.

xcainnblecterx
03-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Seems like more of a team buff than a personal one, and since nobody seems to care about teamwork in PvP, I'd say not so useful. If at some point they start keeping track of wins and losses in CTF, then perhaps it will be good.

Kk then it should suit me in pvp as my guild does team work pvp. So ill be benefiting thems
Sucks peoplenfont do team work. Thats the key lol

Energizeric
03-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Kk then it should suit me in pvp as my guild does team work pvp. So ill be benefiting thems
Sucks peoplenfont do team work. Thats the key lol

I agree. It basically lowers the enemy defense instead of raising your offense like most other skills/buffs do. So if you team with good rogues, your curse will increase their kills.

Alhuntrazeck
03-11-2013, 04:58 AM
Yeah. Spamming skills on the enemies work well after the Curse skill. My order: Curse, Charged Galeforce, Ice and Fireball.

Valsacar
03-12-2013, 11:22 PM
With the extension of 2 seconds, I'm only seeing this lasting 3-4 seconds total... anyone else played with it and found it useful? 15sec cool down for only a couple seconds of extra damage does not seem worth it to me.

tmass
03-13-2013, 08:46 AM
I have tried it out. I personally don't like it for my style but especially in longer battles like elite mobs if is very useful but you have one less skill you can spam. Since long cooldown but I believe if I had a cool down like other spells every mage would be rocking it hard.

CosmoxKramer
03-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Yeah. Spamming skills on the enemies work well after the Curse skill. My order: Curse, Charged Galeforce, Ice and Fireball.

I'd recommend curse, frost, fire, gale. Gale does the least damage per cast of all sorcerer spells. Especially with the damage over time from frost and fire.

Alhuntrazeck
03-14-2013, 02:54 AM
Gale knocks enemies down. Also, it has an upgrade that increases speed when charged. Great for running away from warrs in pvp and generally getting around faster.

Yakiniku
03-14-2013, 03:46 AM
With the extension of 2 seconds, I'm only seeing this lasting 3-4 seconds total... anyone else played with it and found it useful? 15sec cool down for only a couple seconds of extra damage does not seem worth it to me.

Yea that was my experience when I watched fireball dot damage ticks with and without curse. The duration is extremely short without the upgrade. Two seconds, maybe three tops.

So in practical use, that translates to maybe everyone in your party getting ONE curse boosted attack on a boss and that's it. You're on cooldown now.

I dunno. It just didn't seem worthwhile to me either. If we had five skill slots, then sure maybe I'll take it. But we don't, so eh.