PDA

View Full Version : Better Targeting System Please

James Wulfe
03-11-2013, 10:46 AM
In many instances i have came across where i am getting mobbed and both me and my pet decide to take the time to break open barrels and boxes or try to open a chest instead of addressing the fact that there is a mob of enemies beating us senseless. I feel that there should be a targeting priority such as if there is creatures in range they should be attacked always first before ever targeting a breakable item or chest.

Rare
03-11-2013, 10:52 AM
YES

lovestriker
03-12-2013, 04:40 AM
Specially with that danged Shadow Piercer. Sometimes I find myself dashing towards pools of poison. >.< Or dashing past enemies just to hit a barrel/crate/pumpkin/etc.

JaytB
03-12-2013, 04:58 AM
I ran out of thanks, else I'd thank this post.

I agree, sometimes I feel like not feeding my pet to punish it for destroying meaningless things instead of attacking enemies :D

But seriously, they should remove the attacking of poison completely and make attacking enemies a priority when they are in range.

James Wulfe
03-13-2013, 09:17 AM
Specially with that danged Shadow Piercer. Sometimes I find myself dashing towards pools of poison. >.< Or dashing past enemies just to hit a barrel/crate/pumpkin/etc.

Yeah, this one is by far the most irritating. What the heck is the point of making the poison a target-able object? I also must agree with ya on the Shadow Piercer to but not just that one, ALL of the projectile skills. Including other classes. They just seem to gravitate towards exactly what you were not aiming for first, blowing your shot and alerting an entire crowd of baddies your way. I mean i have heard of strategically attacking, but i should not have to add inanimate objects to my strategy of attack.

lovestriker
03-13-2013, 10:02 PM
Yeah, this one is by far the most irritating. What the heck is the point of making the poison a target-able object? I also must agree with ya on the Shadow Piercer to but not just that one, ALL of the projectile skills. Including other classes. They just seem to gravitate towards exactly what you were not aiming for first, blowing your shot and alerting an entire crowd of baddies your way. I mean i have heard of strategically attacking, but i should not have to add inanimate objects to my strategy of attack.

A few stupid things happened to me yesterday:

Scenario 1: fighting a tomb boss - I used Aimed shot and I was right in front of the boss but the game decided to target the barrel behind him
Scenario 2: pvp 1v1 - Aimed shot decided to hit the player behind me instead of the one in front which I have already engaged.
Scenario 3: pvp 1v1 - same with scenario 2 but this time with Shadow Piercer.

Wowsome
03-16-2013, 12:18 PM
+1 .. yes please ..

Itoopeo
03-16-2013, 12:43 PM
Also you get stuck to chest open animation if you just spam attack button. You catarter keets smashing that chest but nothing happens. Also if you are near chest, you cant charge and attack at all. You NEED to open chest before you can charge from where you stand