PDA

View Full Version : Can I visit STS?

armorcannon
03-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Hello in a few days ill be visting austin,Texas. I was wondering if im able to come in sts hQ like a vist how things are. When i grow up i want to be a programer, and use that information for mybe makeing a mmorpg with a group of people with the same dream.

Well thank you and please respond sts staff :banana: :)

Armor cannon™

LwMark
03-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Call them

Griffinfan
03-11-2013, 12:09 PM
take pics. lol

Waug
03-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Lol, help to make competitor?

Caiahar
03-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Take pics! try to see what they're up to in pocket legends! Any new expansion? Pvp balanced?

Samhayne
03-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Hey Armorcannon,

Thanks very much for your interest in visiting. Are you in Austin for SXSW? Whatever brings you here, the weather looks like it is going to be great this week :)

Unfortunately, we don't open up the studio for visitors. Honestly, it's not that much to see - desks with computers is about it.

Have a great trip!

-Samhayne

octavos
03-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Hey Armorcannon,

Thanks very much for your interest in visiting. Are you in Austin for SXSW? Whatever brings you here, the weather looks like it is going to be great this week :)

Unfortunately, we don't open up the studio for visitors. Honestly, it's not that much to see - desks with computers is about it.

Have a great trip!

-Samhayne

Same goes for Coca-Cola company. If they let ppl in....they will find the secret formula. Best way to get in is to be a great programer, and after you have what it takes..then apply ;)

Deathofan
03-11-2013, 01:56 PM
That goes for all the companies. You are only allowed in as an employee. Once you are in, they'll make you sign a confidential contract that prohibits you from sharing any information outside the company. Same thing applies here I guess.

Chopper
03-11-2013, 02:02 PM
That goes for all the companies. You are only allowed in as an employee. Once you are in, they'll make you sign a confidential contract that prohibits you from sharing any information outside the company. Same thing applies here I guess.

no. A heck of a lot of places run tours of their facilities.

Didn't Google even have live streams of their offices at one point too?

Samhayne
03-11-2013, 02:50 PM

Our setup is a bit different from Google's ;) We don't have reception staff or any of that. We're 35 folks who love video games and are blessed to be able to make them. We're all in one open area, which is great for collaboration, but can be a bit disruptive for tours and the like. I posted this pic a bit ago, but here's a shot down the office:

We love ya and are flattered that you would like to visit, but really, there isn't much to see :)

Oldcoot
03-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Aww, I wana look at that cool new
Break/game room I was hearing about!

Norbert
03-11-2013, 03:13 PM
...We're 35 folks who love video games and are blessed to be able to make them...

That's pretty awesome -- I think it shows.

Caiahar
03-11-2013, 03:23 PM
For now I think StS is too focused on AL.

Mysticaleagle
03-11-2013, 03:30 PM

Same goes for Coca-Cola company. If they let ppl in....they will find the secret formula. Best way to get in is to be a great programer, and after you have what it takes..then apply ;)

This. Picture.

Can't. Resiste. LAUGHING.

XD

Twink
03-11-2013, 03:36 PM

I heard rumors that they're working on FL already.

Norbert
03-11-2013, 03:38 PM
FL = Florida, the MMORPG. Aging citizens vs. alligators ftw! "Citizens only! Get outta here!"

Griffinfan
03-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Our setup is a bit different from Google's ;) We don't have reception staff or any of that. We're 35 folks who love video games and are blessed to be able to make them. We're all in one open area, which is great for collaboration, but can be a bit disruptive for tours and the like. I posted this pic a bit ago, but here's a shot down the office:

We love ya and are flattered that you would like to visit, but really, there isn't much to see :)

I would just want to meet some of the devs, I would rather go to STS studios then google ;)

but no tours makes sense, you guys are just a office it looks like lol

Caiahar
03-11-2013, 03:47 PM

I heard rumors that they're working on FL already.

Is FL a new game?

Suentous PO
03-11-2013, 03:51 PM
here's a shot down the office:

Nice try, but a quick bit of investigation shows this is nothing more than a hapless group of telemarketers for George Forman grills and shamwows.
Beneath there a group of henchmen work on a doomsday laser under the watchfull eye of madman.
Well that or I switched my meds with skittles again.
Either way, I warned you all.

Twink
03-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Is FL a new game?

Well, not exactly. FL has been in the works since April 2011, but they had to pull a plug on it, I guess. Now they're going back on it.

Griffinfan
03-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Well, not exactly. FL has been in the works since April 2011, but they had to pull a plug on it, I guess. Now they're going back on it.

Flower Legends

Deathofan
03-11-2013, 04:14 PM

Many successful companies just don't do it. Octavo's example was great. You think the best companies are going to totally reveal their product? I do agree some will let you meet their producers/developers and their labor tools, but from there for them to show you the mechanics or how and what the product contains, is a very big step. Unless you are a consumer associated with the company, which again, you'll be put into a confidentiality contract, you will see their product.

Zeus
03-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Flower Legends

Farming Legends

WoundedEagle
03-11-2013, 04:50 PM
This. Picture.

XD

Off-Topic: I like your name. It's a great combination of two people who despise eachother :wink:

Deathofan
03-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Off-Topic: I like your name. It's a great combination of two people who despise eachother :wink:
You should make another acc named woundedream :)

Mysticaleagle
03-11-2013, 04:58 PM

Indeed. And thanks. ;)

Twink
03-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Farming Legends

There we go. I was wondering if anyone remembers :D

Griffinfan
03-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Farming Legends

twas' a joke

armorcannon
03-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Well.thanks anyway :)

Dragonrider023
03-11-2013, 05:53 PM

Gonna b3 36 people when I grow up! :redface:

NotYoCookiez
03-11-2013, 06:02 PM
FL = Florida, the MMORPG. Aging citizens vs. alligators ftw! "Citizens only! Get outta here!"

Lol I find this too funny because I'm a Floridian xD

Sooo true!

Spyce
03-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Flower Legends

Seems legit.

Everyone'sFavMage
03-11-2013, 06:47 PM

Remind me to thank this.

Everyone'sFavMage
03-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Did nobody else notice the new vanitys on the computer to the left?

Spyce
03-11-2013, 06:51 PM

I did.
We need to know what game its gonna be in though..

NotYoCookiez

Yeah, it's called Arcane Legends.

wammm
FL Made my day :)

LwMark
03-11-2013, 10:20 PM
This. Picture.

XD

I thought it was on purpose honestly, like many other things i see on here

dudetus
03-12-2013, 03:08 AM
Nice try, but a quick bit of investigation shows this is nothing more than a hapless group of telemarketers for George Forman grills and shamwows.
Beneath there a group of henchmen work on a doomsday laser under the watchfull eye of madman.
Well that or I switched my meds with skittles again.
Either way, I warned you all.

Skittles!

Piosidon
03-12-2013, 05:46 PM

I expected cubicles :/

nobounds
03-12-2013, 09:37 PM

i dont see the wall of shame with my post that was ment to be on it ...

Dragonrider023
03-13-2013, 03:02 PM

Mmm nope i have seen that pic before

GirlxGamer
03-13-2013, 03:16 PM

Can't stop laughing.